Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Possible spoiler, possible mistake.  But Nickolaj Coster-Waldau was joking around on the Ellen DeGeneres show about the show and said about Bran, 'He becomes the Three-Eyed Raven, this magical creature who can foresee the future, look back, and help save the world, and all because of Jaime Lannister, this great guy.'.

I thought this was know? In the trailer, his “home” line sounds like Bran saw the future.

7 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Possible spoiler, possible mistake.  But Nickolaj Coster-Waldau was joking around on the Ellen DeGeneres show about the show and said about Bran, 'He becomes the Three-Eyed Raven, this magical creature who can foresee the future, look back, and help save the world, and all because of Jaime Lannister, this great guy.'.

How is that a mistake or spoiler? Bran can see the future. He saw the Sept get blown up before it happened.

2 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I've always believed he had Elia's blessing.

Maybe to take another wife, but not to annul their marriage, which would make their children royal bastards.  Although I suspect in the books Rhaegar will just have taken a second wife and there will be annulment.  It remains to be seen what is the deal with naming 2 sons Aegon, LOL.

47 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Because he thought more Aegons=more chances for the prophecy to be fulfilled.

He's not going to be right with that kind of weird ass behavior.

Or he saw the first Aegon would die, after the first one was born.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

How is that a mistake or spoiler? Bran can see the future. He saw the Sept get blown up before it happened.

Ah I must have missed that.  I didn't that he knew exactly what was going to happen, who'd die etc.  I thought that he had some weird like visions that needed interpreting but not have total clarity on future events.

48 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Ah I must have missed that.  I didn't that he knew exactly what was going to happen, who'd die etc.  I thought that he had some weird like visions that needed interpreting but not have total clarity on future events.

The problem is that I'm not sure what D&D wanted us to think as Bran's visions could mean anything or refer to any time in history. The vision of the dragon shadow over KL could have been from the past, after the Targs had build KL and but still had dragons. It just looked very much like KL as it does during the time the show takes place.

We don't see the Sept get blown up in Bran's vision (I think) but it's the wildfire explosion under ground (with the exact same visuals as 6x10). What makes it confusing is that it immediately follows the Mad King flashes I believe (and pyromancers making wildfire) so people think it relates to him. But we know the Mad King didn't get to blow it up because Jamie killed him. It could very well be that it wasn't intended to show the future and they didn't have the VFX money to do a different wildfire scene but you can't do that with Bran's visions. Not when a story depends on what your god-like character is capable of. And we know of no other instance in the show where it was mentioned or shown that wildfire was ignited under ground like that. So the only conclusion that I can come to is that the underground wildfire explosion is from 6x10, meaning that's a future vision, especially since it looks exactly the same.

10 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

all because of Jaime Lannister, this great guy.'.

Of course. If Jaime didn't push Ban, he would not have been comatose and started his greenseer transformation.
Same for Theon. If he had not taken WF, Bran would have been in his place in Ramsay's dungeon.
I believe Bran will understand that.

BTW, Bran can see the future. Don't remember if it was also in show. But in book he saw the sea invading WF and some who died by the IB drowning. It's just that visions are not easy to interpret.

45 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

But in book he saw the sea invading WF and some who died by the IB drowning. It's just that visions are not easy to interpret.

IIRC, it was Jojen who had the dream in the books. 

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

So the only conclusion that I can come to is that the underground wildfire explosion is from 6x10, meaning that's a future vision, especially since it looks exactly the same.

Or it is a future vision from 8x5 or 8x6, strengthening the Tyrion trial spoiler?

12 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

Have seen zero evidence greenseyers can "see the future". and god i hope not, that would be terrible. Imagine if both the NK could "See the future" and go back and change the past. 1,000,000 different realities...........

17 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Have seen zero evidence greenseyers can "see the future". and god i hope not, that would be terrible. Imagine if both the NK could "See the future" and go back and change the past. 1,000,000 different realities...........

Change the present from what you saw of the future. Maybe.  Even so, how to be sure that what you change will result in what you expect for the future?

But changing the past, "going back", is completely different.

1 hour ago, alienarea said:

Or it is a future vision from 8x5 or 8x6, strengthening the Tyrion trial spoiler?

I don't see how. D&D don't plan from Season to Season, ever. And even if it was supposed to foreshadow that, it should have been a different visual to separate it from 6x10. But it's the exact visual from the Sept explosion.

8 hours ago, Mystical said:

The problem is that I'm not sure what D&D wanted us to think as Bran's visions could mean anything or refer to any time in history. The vision of the dragon shadow over KL could have been from the past, after the Targs had build KL and but still had dragons. It just looked very much like KL as it does during the time the show takes place.

We don't see the Sept get blown up in Bran's vision (I think) but it's the wildfire explosion under ground (with the exact same visuals as 6x10). What makes it confusing is that it immediately follows the Mad King flashes I believe (and pyromancers making wildfire) so people think it relates to him. But we know the Mad King didn't get to blow it up because Jamie killed him. It could very well be that it wasn't intended to show the future and they didn't have the VFX money to do a different wildfire scene but you can't do that with Bran's visions. Not when a story depends on what your god-like character is capable of. And we know of no other instance in the show where it was mentioned or shown that wildfire was ignited under ground like that. So the only conclusion that I can come to is that the underground wildfire explosion is from 6x10, meaning that's a future vision, especially since it looks exactly the same.

The vision shows Aerys saying "burn them all", and we think "Oh we see what could have happened". We don't realize it's a scene from the future, which is when the sept blows up. It also shows someone putting the vase back into place though. I thought back then that Bran was seeing among the flashes an undoing of that action, like a timeline where Aerys didn't put wildfire everywhere or something. A hint that the past can be changed significantly.

Bran sees the future so he changes X

NK see's the new future so he changes Y

Bran see's the future after Nk changed it to Y, so bran changes it again to Z

Bah, if they go down this road, it is crapola. I don't think greenseers can see the future. Visions are one thing, and quite often misunderstood, but actually "seeing" the future is a non-starter. 

They have already gotten danerously close with the whole Hodor thing. Why doesn't Bran go back and scream no at the CotF just prior to creating the first NK/Other. 

9 hours ago, Mystical said:

I don't see how. D&D don't plan from Season to Season, ever. And even if it was supposed to foreshadow that, it should have been a different visual to separate it from 6x10. But it's the exact visual from the Sept explosion.

I think they plan in broad strokes but a teasery easter egg montage from Bran probably wasn't top of their agenda. They likely had time and money constraints too. I know it's Game of Thrones but they achive a lot on their budget 

38 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

They have already gotten danerously close with the whole Hodor thing. Why doesn't Bran go back and scream no at the CotF just prior to creating the first NK/Other. 

It will be interesting to see how both Avengers and GOT, two huuuuge things with already too much going on, play out the potential time travel aspects of their stories. Both could undermine the tension and plot being laid out. I'm trying not think about Bran interacting with past too much - one rule I believe they'll stick to is that as the Raven said 'the ink is dry' nothing can be changed. So even if it looks like Bran is changing something the end result will be the same as we've always known. Ie. Hodor was always 'a simpleton' 

Archived