Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

12 hours ago, Mystical said:

I don't see how. D&D don't plan from Season to Season, ever. And even if it was supposed to foreshadow that, it should have been a different visual to separate it from 6x10. But it's the exact visual from the Sept explosion.

That can't be true, surely?  For example they must have known even whilst filming Season 1 that Season 2 would have Blackwater, Season 3 the Red Wedding etc.

Even after they no longer had book material to adapt, they would still have been moving toward an end.

Do you have any links to back up your statement?

3 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

That can't be true, surely?  For example they must have known even whilst filming Season 1 that Season 2 would have Blackwater, Season 3 the Red Wedding etc.

Even after they no longer had book material to adapt, they would still have been moving toward an end.

There are no links to that statement. It is false. The oposite is the case. Just look at their interviews. 

1 hour ago, Ser Gareth said:

They say they plan and storyboard. But you can tell that they don't plan Season to Season. Which is why you get set ups and storylines in one Season that never pan out or are forgotten the next Season. They thought ending S3 with a reunion of Cersei/Jamie would be great without thinking that Jamie/Brienne in KL while Sansa is still there will be a problem the next Season. So next Season they just completely ignored the fact they are all in one place and no one is doing anything about their oaths.

GRRM was under the firm impression that fArya would come in S5. No one had planned on Sansa taking that place until after S4 was over. Heck they had told Sophie Turner she would get a love interest in S5 (which I'm sure we all thought was Harry the Heir). Instead they put her in the Ramsey story and blindsided both Turner and GRRM, hence GRRM passive agressively releasing the Alayne chapter. And you can tell this wasn't planned because the whole story made no sense whatsoever (as a follow up from S4, for several characters who all lost their brain to pull this off). They have said I believe that they had planned this for Sansa since S2 but that makes no sense because a) GRRM didn't know (and fArya is in his notes for S4) and you'd think that would be something they would tell him and b) they would have done S4 differently if that were the case.

They had no idea what to do after they killed off Jon. That's why the first 2 episodes of S6 are just wasting time in CB with nonsense until the story catches up with Jon. You'd think they would have a plan what to do after they killed him off. Instead I'm still wondering to this day what the point was of killing off Jon, other than 'it's in the books' because they did nothing with it. They could have made a story out of Jesus, I mean Jon, the way it happened in our world. Instead his resurrection is treated as a secret for no reason to the point where you have to ask why no one in the North is asking for his head except Ramsey.

I could go on like this but you get the point.

5 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Bran sees the future so he changes X

NK see's the new future so he changes Y

Bran see's the future after Nk changed it to Y, so bran changes it again to Z

Bah, if they go down this road, it is crapola. I don't think greenseers can see the future. Visions are one thing, and quite often misunderstood, but actually "seeing" the future is a non-starter. 

They have already gotten danerously close with the whole Hodor thing. Why doesn't Bran go back and scream no at the CotF just prior to creating the first NK/Other. 

I don’t think Bran can actually change the future, not really. In Bran’s timeline, Hodor was already Hodor, so Bran didn’t change the past, he only preserved it.

1 hour ago, Dragon in the North said:

I don’t think Bran can actually change the future, not really. In Bran’s timeline, Hodor was already Hodor, so Bran didn’t change the past, he only preserved it.

Well then, if you can't "change" the future, what is the point of seeing it? 

This seems like a genuine spoiler but who knows. It was an interview with the actors who play Brienne and Jamie that possibly gives away their fate as well as the end of the series. 

The spoilery part begins around the 3:22 mark when the interviewer asks what kind of spinoff shows based on GoT that the actors would like to see. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

@Every Last Chicken, that’s interesting. Tried a couple of times to catch what NCW sort of whispers to Gwen after she says the possible spoilery bit but couldn’t make out the words. 

I'm not 100% certain, but between trying to read his lips and listening to the audio, I think he says the words "that was a spoiler" or "that's a spoiler" 

13 minutes ago, Every Last Chicken said:

I'm not 100% certain, but between trying to read his lips and listening to the audio, I think he says the words "that was a spoiler" or "that's a spoiler" 

That would be awesome!!! I’ll give it another go tomorrow.  

I also think he said 'that's a spoiler'. Huh. Jamie was one character I didn't expect to make it out of S8. Of course she could have meant that as a general comment about whichever characters do survive. But that NCW tags it as spoiler seems to refer to the 2 people present.

4 hours ago, Bradam said:

"one 20 years in the future so we can all have jobs again."

kinda made it sound like she lives, he kind of rolled his eyes like Jamie is dead so no future roll for him?

She said "we". I don't know if by "we" she meant Nicolai and her, or other cast members and her. I assume she means Nicolai and her. Which freaking means that Jamie survives. That is fucking amazing. No one is betting on that. This also means that the frikkador leaks might not be completely true (Tyrion, Jamie etc.)

On 4/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Error-504 said:

Have seen zero evidence greenseyers can "see the future". and god i hope not, that would be terrible. Imagine if both the NK could "See the future" and go back and change the past. 1,000,000 different realities...........

Bran sees future events in the show. You might say he saw Jon's death in the books as well. Jojen's dreams are visions of the future so if he can, why not someone more powerful?

7 minutes ago, Erick Storm said:

Bran sees future events in the show. You might say he saw Jon's death in the books as well. Jojen's dreams are visions of the future so if he can, why not someone more powerful?

Show me an instance were bran see's the future, which is not quite the same as a vision, or a dream. 

For instance, you have zero control with a vision, it comes to you like a dream, often out of context, and merely a glimpse of something they may be literal or maybe metaphoric. Whereas, if Bran could "see" the future, it would be like he did when sam told him about Rhaegar and Lyanna getting married, and wham, brn goes back and sees that event. If he could see the future he could say go forward to see who is King in 1 year, etc. 

1 minute ago, Error-504 said:

Show me an instance were bran see's the future, which is not quite the same as a vision, or a dream. 

What do you mean by "not a vision or dream"? Visions is how he sees the past. The only difference is he can choose what to see in the past, but not in the future.

35 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

For instance, you have zero control with a vision, it comes to you like a dream, often out of context, and merely a glimpse of something they may be literal or maybe metaphoric. Whereas, if Bran could "see" the future, it would be like he did when sam told him about Rhaegar and Lyanna getting married, and wham, brn goes back and sees that event. If he could see the future he could say go forward to see who is King in 1 year, etc. 

In the beginning, Bran doesn't control his visions of the past and present either. He needs to see better, as he said himself. We don't how he pinpoints past events so it may be a lot more difficult to see the future.

21 hours ago, Mystical said:

They say they plan and storyboard. But you can tell that they don't plan Season to Season. Which is why you get set ups and storylines in one Season that never pan out or are forgotten the next Season. They thought ending S3 with a reunion of Cersei/Jamie would be great without thinking that Jamie/Brienne in KL while Sansa is still there will be a problem the next Season. So next Season they just completely ignored the fact they are all in one place and no one is doing anything about their oaths.

GRRM was under the firm impression that fArya would come in S5. No one had planned on Sansa taking that place until after S4 was over. Heck they had told Sophie Turner she would get a love interest in S5 (which I'm sure we all thought was Harry the Heir). Instead they put her in the Ramsey story and blindsided both Turner and GRRM, hence GRRM passive agressively releasing the Alayne chapter. And you can tell this wasn't planned because the whole story made no sense whatsoever (as a follow up from S4, for several characters who all lost their brain to pull this off). They have said I believe that they had planned this for Sansa since S2 but that makes no sense because a) GRRM didn't know (and fArya is in his notes for S4) and you'd think that would be something they would tell him and b) they would have done S4 differently if that were the case.

They had no idea what to do after they killed off Jon. That's why the first 2 episodes of S6 are just wasting time in CB with nonsense until the story catches up with Jon. You'd think they would have a plan what to do after they killed him off. Instead I'm still wondering to this day what the point was of killing off Jon, other than 'it's in the books' because they did nothing with it. They could have made a story out of Jesus, I mean Jon, the way it happened in our world. Instead his resurrection is treated as a secret for no reason to the point where you have to ask why no one in the North is asking for his head except Ramsey.

Mystical did really well with this answer. Don't agree with all of it, but certainly there are a tonne of flaws in the way D&D go about things. 

The first 2 eps of s6 they never once bothered to explain Davos plan/motivations pre Jon's resurrection. They just hoped the audience wouldn't ask questions. Then also, ep3 Davos is back to his old self for no reason turning on Mel again 

12 hours ago, Every Last Chicken said:

It really seems like NCW says, that's a spoiler. And it definitely seems like he is pondering what she is saying. Jamie surviving would be a shock since everyone has kinda pegged him to go down. 

On 4/10/2019 at 2:01 PM, Mystical said:

To get him out of the NW, obviously? Like, people have thought that was the way Jon would finally get off CB and join the wars in Westeros since ADOD was released.

38 minutes ago, Xemi said:

To get him out of the NW, obviously? Like, people have thought that was the way Jon would finally get off CB and join the wars in Westeros since ADOD was released.

:agree:^ Yes, obviously:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. (...) It shall not end until my death. (...) I shall live and die at my post.

And now his watch is ended.

Although, to be fair, they didn't make it very clear in the show.

Archived