Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

There's also something else. 

The show isn't over yet. There may well be something else behind it all that we just haven't been told yet. 

If you go into it with the expectation of being told everything upfront, and the intent of attacking anything you're not told upfront as a "plot hole", "bad/lazy writing" or "stupid", well, that's just a pity. 

Of course, if it does turn out to be pointless in the end, then by all means let rip. 

Just now, The Bastard Dayne said:

The Lannisters turned on the crown and opened the gates to Robert's forces.

After he killed Arys, Jaime was sitting on the Iron Throne when Ned marched into the throne room.

I can't remember if that part was even mentioned in the series.

It was when Jamie was naked with Brieanne in the tubs.  He told her that and then went on to say how Ned hated him for being a kingslayer but Ned never bothered to ask why Jamie did it.

12 hours ago, The Bastard Dayne said:

The Lannisters turned on the crown and opened the gates to Robert's forces.

After he killed Arys, Jaime was sitting on the Iron Throne when Ned marched into the throne room.

I know that, still I can't see how that gives Jaime the right or even the opportunity to sit again, as a king, on that horrible chair…

32 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Sophie Turner interview in EW

Emilia Clarke interview in EW

Excited for conflict between these two. 

From the Sansa interview................

"Her relationship with Jon is struggling because he’s so clearly in love with Daenerys and believes in her completely. Sansa thinks she’s power-hungry and not the rightful queen. There’s a huge amount of fighting between Sansa and Jon."

Odd choice of words, I wonder in her mind, who the "rightful Queen" would be? Cersei? Her? 

57 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

"Her relationship with Jon is struggling because he’s so clearly in love with Daenerys and believes in her completely. Sansa thinks she’s power-hungry and not the rightful queen. There’s a huge amount of fighting between Sansa and Jon."

Odd choice of words, I wonder in her mind, who the "rightful Queen" would be? Cersei? Her?

It means there's no rightful queen at all as the KitN isn't married. It's been made clear that the North rejects Jon's grounds for kneeling.

Northern orneriness is written into the books and was put into the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYk5t_lz0is

The World of Ice and Fire - The North: The Kings of Winter 

Song and story tell us that the Starks of Winterfell have ruled large portions of the lands beyond the Neck for eight thousand years, styling themselves the Kings of Winter (the more ancient usage) and (in more recent centuries) the Kings in the North. Their rule was not an uncontested one. Many were the wars in which the Starks expanded their rule or were forced to win back lands that rebels had carved away. The Kings of Winter were hard men in hard times. 

Even proper heirs are required to prove themselves. 

AGOT Bran VI

And when Lord Umber, who was called the Greatjon by his men and stood as tall as Hodor and twice as wide, threatened to take his forces home if he was placed behind the Hornwoods or the Cerwyns in the order of march, Robb told him he was welcome to do so. "And when we are done with the Lannisters," he promised, scratching Grey Wind behind the ear, "we will march back north, root you out of your keep, and hang you for an oathbreaker." Cursing, the Greatjon flung a flagon of ale into the fire and bellowed that Robb was so green he must piss grass. When Hallis Mollen moved to restrain him, he knocked him to the floor, kicked over a table, and unsheathed the biggest, ugliest greatsword that Bran had ever seen. All along the benches, his sons and brothers and sworn swords leapt to their feet, grabbing for their steel.

Yet Robb only said a quiet word, and in a snarl and the blink of an eye Lord Umber was on his back, his sword spinning on the floor three feet away and his hand dripping blood where Grey Wind had bitten off two fingers. "My lord father taught me that it was death to bare steel against your liege lord," Robb said, "but doubtless you only meant to cut my meat." Bran's bowels went to water as the Greatjon struggled to rise, sucking at the red stumps of fingers … but then, astonishingly, the huge man laughed. "Your meat," he roared, "is bloody tough." 

And somehow after that the Greatjon became Robb's right hand, his staunchest champion, loudly telling all and sundry that the boy lord was a Stark after all, and they'd damn well better bend their knees if they didn't fancy having them chewed off.

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

The rightful Queen of the North is my opinion, not all of Westeros. No one in the North chose her (they chose Jon). Dany didn't conquer the North (which still wouldn't make her 'rightful'). I don't think Sansa is thinking about all of Westeros which would be in line with Sansa thinking 'I barely have enough to feed the people, wtf am I going to feed those dragons?'.

right.... and next they should shave their legs , eat vegan green food, say LOL, wear bikinis down in dorne and go to the women's book club behind the citadel ...

in a european based historically inspired medieval setting :dunno:  

women, men,  elderly people, farmers, lords, dukes, merchants , and young folks should speak, act , behave in accordance with their times and place. not according to the simplistic , feministic or modern sensibilities of the audiences or writers who live today....

If there is any retro induced neo feminism in GOT , in quite an immature and sophomoric / teenage ridiculous way, it is because of the lack of historical adherence and truthfulness from the creators,a  lack of understanding and knowledge of History , who undoubtedly have a very 21st century , big city, teenaged, post 60's , artsy sensibility and consider it must also be like that in a fantasy/ historical story based on the dark ages and medieval england...cause GIRLSSZZZPOWAAHH!!! 

But since this is the same series that portrays a female child reprimanding and asserting her "authority " over elderly seasoned grown men... High Lords even ! As something normal  .... it is hardly a surprise that some less educated audiences think this is a genuine representation , when it is anything but.  Much less so for spoiled princesses and damsels such as sansa who know nothing of command, military life, breastplates and lances,  battles, sieges,  maintaining holdfasts and castles... nothing.  

Just castle gossip, dreaming of princes , eating lemon cakes , and wearing dark costumes while keeping a bitchy/ hard tight lips face. A Joan of Arc and Machiavellian intriguer in the making  indeed.

If there was any genuine medieval societal structure  in GOT who was active, well represented and an interested party of the story , instead of a bunch of extras whenever D&D need them to serve as background noise for their "actors " scenes ,( in season 7 there's hardly anyone around the red keep and the royal family  , in a court setting , LOL )  it would be an entirely different series and Forbes wouldn't say GOT ...kinda sucks now. 

20 minutes ago, MelisandresBurningPanties said:

right.... and next they should shave their legs , eat vegan green food, say LOL, wear bikinis down in dorne and go to the women's book club behind the citadel ...

in a european based historically inspired medieval setting :dunno:  

women, men,  elderly people, farmers, lords, dukes, merchants , and young folks should speak, act , behave in accordance with their times and place. not according to the simplistic , feministic or modern sensibilities of the audiences or writers who live today....

If there is any retro induced neo feminism in GOT , in quite an immature and sophomoric / teenage ridiculous way, it is because of the lack of historical adherence and truthfulness from the creators,a  lack of understanding and knowledge of History , who undoubtedly have a very 21st century , big city, teenaged, post 60's , artsy sensibility and consider it must also be like that in a fantasy/ historical story based on the dark ages and medieval england...cause GIRLSSZZZPOWAAHH!!! 

But since this is the same series that portrays a female child reprimanding and asserting her "authority " over elderly seasoned grown men... High Lords even ! As something normal  .... it is hardly a surprise that some less educated audiences think this is a genuine representation , when it is anything but.  Much less so for spoiled princesses and damsels such as sansa who know nothing of command, military life, breastplates and lances,  battles, sieges,  maintaining holdfasts and castles... nothing.  

Just castle gossip, dreaming of princes , eating lemon cakes , and wearing dark costumes while keeping a bitchy/ hard tight lips face. A Joan of Arc and Machiavellian intriguer in the making  indeed.

If there was any genuine medieval societal structure  in GOT who was active, well represented and an interested party of the story , instead of a bunch of extras whenever D&D need them to serve as background noise for their "actors " scenes ,( in season 7 there's hardly anyone around the red keep and the royal family  , in a court setting , LOL )  it would be an entirely different series and Forbes wouldn't say GOT ...kinda sucks now. 

Thank you for disavowing me of the notion that ASOIAF/GOT are accurate representations of real life history. I feel silly now for believing ice zombie apocalypses, wargs, skinchangers, dragons, sorcery, shadow babies, faceless men, etc actually happened. 

5 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Thank you for disavowing me of the notion that ASOIAF/GOT are accurate representations of real life history. I feel silly now for believing ice zombie apocalypses, wargs, skinchangers, dragons, sorcery, shadow babies, faceless men, etc actually happened. 

What does this prove, exactly? That because these things do exist, so should feminism? 

1 hour ago, Lollygag said:

It means there's no rightful queen at all as the KitN isn't married. It's been made clear that the North rejects Jon's grounds for kneeling.

Northern orneriness is written into the books and was put into the show. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYk5t_lz0is

The World of Ice and Fire - The North: The Kings of Winter 

Song and story tell us that the Starks of Winterfell have ruled large portions of the lands beyond the Neck for eight thousand years, styling themselves the Kings of Winter (the more ancient usage) and (in more recent centuries) the Kings in the North. Their rule was not an uncontested one. Many were the wars in which the Starks expanded their rule or were forced to win back lands that rebels had carved away. The Kings of Winter were hard men in hard times. 

Even proper heirs are required to prove themselves. 

AGOT Bran VI

And when Lord Umber, who was called the Greatjon by his men and stood as tall as Hodor and twice as wide, threatened to take his forces home if he was placed behind the Hornwoods or the Cerwyns in the order of march, Robb told him he was welcome to do so. "And when we are done with the Lannisters," he promised, scratching Grey Wind behind the ear, "we will march back north, root you out of your keep, and hang you for an oathbreaker." Cursing, the Greatjon flung a flagon of ale into the fire and bellowed that Robb was so green he must piss grass. When Hallis Mollen moved to restrain him, he knocked him to the floor, kicked over a table, and unsheathed the biggest, ugliest greatsword that Bran had ever seen. All along the benches, his sons and brothers and sworn swords leapt to their feet, grabbing for their steel.

Yet Robb only said a quiet word, and in a snarl and the blink of an eye Lord Umber was on his back, his sword spinning on the floor three feet away and his hand dripping blood where Grey Wind had bitten off two fingers. "My lord father taught me that it was death to bare steel against your liege lord," Robb said, "but doubtless you only meant to cut my meat." Bran's bowels went to water as the Greatjon struggled to rise, sucking at the red stumps of fingers … but then, astonishingly, the huge man laughed. "Your meat," he roared, "is bloody tough." 

And somehow after that the Greatjon became Robb's right hand, his staunchest champion, loudly telling all and sundry that the boy lord was a Stark after all, and they'd damn well better bend their knees if they didn't fancy having them chewed off.

Has it? In my world, the first episode has yet to air. So, the KitN doens'nt have the option to choose his own bride? Must he consult Sansa first? Is that what your saying? Or is it that Jon was made KitN until he makes a decision that not everyone likes? What the heck good is that? Hey Jon, your KitN!...Well, kinda, but not really.......

As for the rest......yeah ok, they are ornery.....so what? 

Archived