Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Just now, Error-504 said:

What on earth are you talking about? the parts you bolded are far from any proof of anything, except your inability to understand what you read.the second bolded part is from an interview from the actress that plays Sansa, not me. One would think she has a little insight into the matter of how Sansa is going to react, wouldn't they? 

good Lord..........

Yes, I know that was Sophie speaking. "Your quote" was the quote you chose to provide in your post. If I was referring to your words, I'd refer to your post, not your quote. Why would I say you're cherry picking your own words here? 

I only bolded one part, not parts plural, and that was your statement "In my world, the first episode has yet to air" which also disqualifies your speculation that rightful queen refers to Cersei or herself. You selectively ignored the context Sophie placed around that and went right to the Sansa's a bitch part. 

Bolded: Which is why your speculation that Sansa thinks of herself or Cersei as the rightful queen makes no sense. There nothing in Sophie's words which point in that direction. I also explained why that speculation isn't accurate, in part by looking at the rest of the quote. You keep trying to change the subject away from your original question. 

32 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

So she should be more concerned about the crimes Dany's father committed against her family, then the ones Cersei herself has committed?

Do you even watch the show? 

You do realize, sooner or later, the North will have to support one or the other, or go to war with withever ones wins between Cersei vs Dany, right? 

The North: Her father Mad King Aerys burned Ned's father and brother. 

Jon: She's not her father!

Sam: Uh, she burned my father and brother. 

31 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Under the circumstances, Sansa should immediately fall to her knees and kiss Dany's feet. After about 30 minutes of foot kissing, she should then turn to Jon and ask his forgiveness about once again making a huge tactical blunder by placing the entirety of the North's food supply at ground zero.

Kiss her feet for what? For doing something that Dany will have to do anyway if she wants to live because the AotD won't stop at the North or Westeros for that matter? LMAO.

And how is it a technical blunder to bring the food to WF? I'm sure the food stored at Last Hearth will be very useful for the people there...oh wait they will all die (except whoever gets to WF, if any). But I'm sure the dead need something to eat so they should have left all of LH's food there. Did Dany bring any food with her to feed her armies or dragons? Oh no wait, she was running out last Season and burned all the food from Highgarden and lost most of her fleet so she can't ship any food over from somewhere else. So is it still a technical blunder then when Dany's army needs feeding and the North will have to provide it? Good thing most of the North's food is in WF then, isn't it? Would be a terrible shame if Dany's army has to fight on an empty stomach or her dragons need to feed on people again.

21 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Yes, I know that was Sophie speaking. "Your quote" was the quote you chose to provide in your post. If I was referring to your words, I'd refer to your post, not your quote. Why would I say you're cherry picking your own words here? 

I only bolded one part, not parts plural, and that was your statement "In my world, the first episode has yet to air" which also disqualifies your speculation that rightful queen refers to Cersei or herself. You selectively ignored the context Sophie placed around that and went right to the Sansa's a bitch part. 

Bolded: Which is why your speculation that Sansa thinks of herself or Cersei as the rightful queen makes no sense. There nothing in Sophie's words which point in that direction. I also explained why that speculation isn't accurate, in part by looking at the rest of the quote. You keep trying to change the subject away from your original question. 

What? Please try to formulate a coherent thought. Two entirely different subject matters. 

Sophie did an interview in which she made the claim Sansa doesn't think Dany is the rightful queen. Is it not then fair to ask, who does she think is? 

the rest of your post is just nonsense. I really have no idea what your babbling about tbh. My first post was in regards to the entire North, the second post was in regards to Sansa in specific. You seem to think the two are synonymous. 

20 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

The North: Her father Mad King Aerys burned Ned's father and brother. 

Jon: She's not her father!

Sam: Uh, she burned my father and brother. 

Dumb argument, what was she supposed to do? Set them free? She did offer them a chance to live, they choose their fate. Would you be less upset if she instead beheaded or poisoned them? You do understand the terms of war, don't you? How many of Dany's allies did Sam's father and brother kill when they sacked the reach? 

15 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Kiss her feet for what? For doing something that Dany will have to do anyway if she wants to live because the AotD won't stop at the North or Westeros for that matter? LMAO.

And how is it a technical blunder to bring the food to WF? I'm sure the food stored at Last Hearth will be very useful for the people there...oh wait they will all die (except whoever gets to WF, if any). But I'm sure the dead need something to eat so they should have left all of LH's food there. Did Dany bring any food with her to feed her armies or dragons? Oh no wait, she was running out last Season and burned all the food from Highgarden and lost most of her fleet so she can't ship any food over from somewhere else. So is it still a technical blunder then when Dany's army needs feeding and the North will have to provide it? Good thing most of the North's food is in WF then, isn't it? Would be a terrible shame if Dany's army has to fight on an empty stomach or her dragons need to feed on people again.

Yes, because the supplies are always brought to ground zero in their entirety, right, you brilliant strategist, you! Yes, you bring them closer, but behind the lines, not right in the middle of the dam fight. Ever here of having a fall back position? LMAO. 

What? Please try to formulate a coherent thought. Two entirely different subject matters. 

Sophie did an interview in which she made the claim Sansa doesn't think Dany is the rightful queen. Is it not then fair to ask, who does she think is? 

the rest of your post is just nonsense. I really have no idea what your babbling about tbh. 

Ditto. 

You're putting up a strawman now to keep evading your own question. I never had a problem with the question of who the rightful queen was in Sansa's mind. I answered it earlier: the wife of the KitN.

Your speculation that Sansa thinks of Cersei or herself as the rightful queen isn't based on anything but Sansa bitching. 

Dumb argument, what was she supposed to do? Set them free? She did offer them a chance to live, they choose their fate. Would you be less upset if she instead beheaded or poisoned them? You do understand the terms of war, don't you? How many of Dany's allies did Sam's father and brother kill when they sacked the reach? 

Tyrion and Varys weird out over it for a reason and it comes up with Sam for a reason. It raises the whole Mad King's daughter issue.

It was dumb of her to burn them. She flew off the handle. You hold them captive and use that to your advantage which is what Westeros does a lot to good effect. Captives are more useful than corpses. It's also useful if you want to convince Westeros that you're not nuts. 

Those who think GOT has turned into a soap opera should watch S1 again. I started with some S5 episodes and then went back to the beginning and hard a hard time getting into it because of the soap-opera undertones. Friends never made it past S1 because of this. Characters are overly dramatic, especially Catelyn. It's all about their little families.

3 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

It’s not stupid writing at all. D&D aren’t writing a fairy tale where all the characters would automatically get along. They are writing a story with realistic characters who naturally would have trust issues, especially considering everything Sansa has been through. 

I notice that you only use cat fighting when discussing women. Would you call Renly/Stannis cat fighting? How about Roose/Ramsay? Jon/Janos? Theon/Balon? I could go on, but I’m sure you get the point.

Sansa and Arya’s fight was very real. There was nothing fake about it. I’m not sure what you mean by this.

The bolded, just for starters: it was a complete phony fake-out.  Remember?

Catfighting, i.e. f2f fighting and face off -- and then it goes nowhere, and / or is pulled up by some guy telling them to stop.

Stannis and Renly didn't f2f even.  You ain't makin' no point at all.  :bs:

Thought you're right this is no fairy tale.  Fairy tales are a lot better composed and constructed.

6 hours ago, Zorral said:

The bolded, just for starters: it was a complete phony fake-out.  Remember?

Catfighting, i.e. f2f fighting and face off -- and then it goes nowhere, and / or is pulled up by some guy telling them to stop.

Stannis and Renly didn't f2f even.  You ain't makin' no point at all.  :bs:

Thought you're right this is no fairy tale.  Fairy tales are a lot better composed and constructed.

No, the initial fight was very real. Their reconciliation happened off screen, which is one of my criticisms.

Cat fighting is a sexist term used to describe an intense argument between two women. Apparently, women aren’t allowed to have that sort of thing, only men. By using the term, you are helping the spread of sexism.

Stannis and Renly are the prime example. They’re argument was petty, and if they were both women, that would have been called cat fighting. Sansa and Danerys will essentially be having the same argument about who should be the rightful ruler of the North, but, unlike Stannis and Renly, you want them to hug it out.

GOT is a very well constructed television show. There’s a reason it’s one of the most successful shows in history.

29 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

No, the initial fight was very real. Their reconciliation happened off screen, which is one of my criticisms.

Cat fighting is a sexist term used to describe an intense argument between two women. Apparently, women aren’t allowed to have that sort of thing, only men. By using the term, you are helping the spread of sexism.

Stannis and Renly are the prime example. They’re argument was petty, and if they were both women, that would have been called cat fighting. Sansa and Danerys will essentially be having the same argument about who should be the rightful ruler of the North, but, unlike Stannis and Renly, you want them to hug it out.

GOT is a very well constructed television show. There’s a reason it’s one of the most successful shows in history.

Catfighting implies something petty.

The battle for the Iron Throne is more like Caesar v Pompey.  Cersei will brook no superior;  Daenerys will tolerate no rival.

9 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Ditto. 

You're putting up a strawman now to keep evading your own question. I never had a problem with the question of who the rightful queen was in Sansa's mind. I answered it earlier: the wife of the KitN.

Your speculation that Sansa thinks of Cersei or herself as the rightful queen isn't based on anything but Sansa bitching. 

Two things wrong with this.

1) Sansa didn't say Dany wasn't the rightful queen of the North, she said who the rightful queen was (of the seven kingdoms der duh). And if Dany is Jon's love interest, I would say she has the inside track at this as well.

2) I never said I though Sansa was speculating either she or Cersie was the rightful queen, rather, If not Dany, then who? Sansa or Cersie was my speculation, because nobody else comes to mind. 

9 hours ago, Lollygag said:

Tyrion and Varys weird out over it for a reason and it comes up with Sam for a reason. It raises the whole Mad King's daughter issue.

It was dumb of her to burn them. She flew off the handle. You hold them captive and use that to your advantage which is what Westeros does a lot to good effect. Captives are more useful than corpses. It's also useful if you want to convince Westeros that you're not nuts. 

Did Stannis hold Mance captive? Did Jamie hold Olenna captive? 

1 hour ago, Dragon in the North said:

Millions of things can be said about this show, but certainly not that it's "well constructed", at least since season 5.

I think all the recent info we got points to Sansa (and her supporters) rejecting Dany, plotting against her, and Sansa and her people losing the north.

Also note in that interview it likely confirms Sansa survives the battle at Winterfell. We know there are scenes of people moving south from the north, probably as winter moves south, and Sophie says her hair had to be dirty and full of mud and such. They probably march south in terrible conditions hoping to take refuge at KL.

My guess that Sansa will marry the GC leader to save the little that remains of her claim is getting ever more likely, and his name will be Aegon:)

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Two things wrong with this.

1) Sansa didn't say Dany wasn't the rightful queen of the North, she said who the rightful queen was (of the seven kingdoms der duh). And if Dany is Jon's love interest, I would say she has the inside track at this as well.

2) I never said I though Sansa was speculating either she or Cersie was the rightful queen, rather, If not Dany, then who? Sansa or Cersie was my speculation, because nobody else comes to mind. 

19 hours ago, Error-504 said:

From the Sansa interview................

"Her relationship with Jon is struggling because he’s so clearly in love with Daenerys and believes in her completely. Sansa thinks she’s power-hungry and not the rightful queen. There’s a huge amount of fighting between Sansa and Jon."

Odd choice of words, I wonder in her mind, who the "rightful Queen" would be? Cersei? Her? 

???????????? 

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Did Stannis hold Mance captive? Did Jamie hold Olenna captive? 

Instead of trying to change the subject, the correct response would be to tell me why Dany burning the Tarlys doesn't raise issues over her being crazy like her Dad. Tell me why burning them was smarter than holding them captive especially in the light of so much book and show context to the contrary and why she didn't have any other choice as you claim (rewatch the clip below). And also please address why the show is making a huge deal over Dany doing this if it's as you imply, no big deal and won't come up when Dany's at Winterfell (contrary to the leaks which were confirmed by people who were at the premiere btw). 

Also, give another think about the circumstances surrounding Mance and Olenna both in show and out. Those examples aren't helping your point. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGBZ1s5k9Q

Per the video, Westeros has been given very solid reasons to question Dany. It can't be brushed off as those stupid Westerosi, stupid Northerners, stupid Starks, stupid Sansa. 

4 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Millions of things can be said about this show, but certainly not that it's "well constructed", at least since season 5.

Says who? You? The critics say otherwise. Don't confuse being a fan with being able to analyse cinematography. This show is praised by everyone. Except some book fans, who are completely irrelevant, when it comes to analyse television. The ASOIAF fandom is not special in that case. Every bookadaption has those bookfans, who dislike the adaption. Even LotR, whos adaption is widely considered a cinema masterpiece. But bookfans are not necesserally qualified to make such judgements.

Edit: But that is another discussion, I should not continue it here. Sorry.

Archived