Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Some major, major spoilers:  Someone had posted the following about a month before the season premiere:

EPISODE 801 - 'Winterfell' Runtime: 54 minutes Jon and Daenerys arrive in the north. Alliances are solidified while enemies plot.

All that ended up being true (title and runtime included).  This is what that person had written about the other 5 episodes:

Spoiler

Spoiler

EPISODE 802 - 'Enemies from the East' Runtime: 58 minutes Cersei faces a new threat. Bran reveals several truths. Winterfell prepares for war.

EPISODE 803 - 'The Long Night' Runtime: 60 minutes

War comes to the North. Sansa plays a game.

EPISODE 804 - 'A Time for Wolves'

Runtime: 78 minutes.

The north deals with the aftermath of the war while Cersei receives an unexpected visitor.

EPISODE 805 - 'Children of the Dragon'

Runtime: 80 minutes

A way out is revealed and Arya meets and old friend.

EPISODE 806 (finale) - 'A Dream of Spring'

Everything that begins must have an end.

Does this sound realistic?

24 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Some major, major spoilers:  Someone had posted the following about a month before the season premiere:

EPISODE 801 - 'Winterfell' Runtime: 54 minutes Jon and Daenerys arrive in the north. Alliances are solidified while enemies plot.

All that ended up being true (title and runtime included).  This is what that person had written about the other 5 episodes:

Hide contents

Hide contents

EPISODE 802 - 'Enemies from the East' Runtime: 58 minutes Cersei faces a new threat. Bran reveals several truths. Winterfell prepares for war.

EPISODE 803 - 'The Long Night' Runtime: 60 minutes

War comes to the North. Sansa plays a game.

EPISODE 804 - 'A Time for Wolves'

Runtime: 78 minutes.

The north deals with the aftermath of the war while Cersei receives an unexpected visitor.

EPISODE 805 - 'Children of the Dragon'

A way out is revealed and Arya meets and old friend.

EPISODE 806 (finale) - 'A Dream of Spring'

Everything that begins must have an end.

Does this sound realistic?

Actually yes. I would say that acording to the photos we have seen it sounds realistic.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, Suzanna Stormborn said:

YAS!!

maybe he will try to overthrow Cersei, which is fair since it has been such smooth sailing for her and a nightmare for Team Danuy

If there is another hidden targ it would be too weird. Like within 2 eps reveal that there are hidden targs everywhere...

If he tries to get the throne I think it would need to be because he is a blackfyre and in show logic an ancient enemy of the targs that almost stole the IT from them a century ago.

I could see that work...

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, sweetsunray said:

Taking the black doesn't mean "being the LC"

Qyburn said Cersei wanted her brothers dead, and she paid upfront. But did you watch Qyburn's face with regards Cersei's response to the wall being breached? And his face when it was about whether or not Cersei took Euron to bed? I'm not convinced this was actually's Cersei's order. Plus he gives Bronn the bow that Joffrey killed Ros with and Tyrion shot his father. Ros was a prostite that Tyrion had once liked and whom he sent with her friend to please Joffrey. It's like Qyburn gives Bronn a reminder of Tyrion, the man who first hried him and promised to pay him double whatever anyone else had offered, and Qyburn pays not in castles, but straight up gold. I don't believe Bronn will shoot either Tyrion nor Jaime, and perhaps Qyburn knows it. Qyburn is playing a game of his own imo. We even had a callback to Pycelle, when the prostitute told Qyburn she had a thing for older men. But Qyburn isn't Pycelle, in other words, he's not loyal to Lannisters or Cersei to a fault as Pycelle was. Pycelle was a fool, who got caught with a prostitute in bed and sent to a black cell by Tyion. Qyburn isn't that fool. He knows a losing side when he sees it. And he witnessed Cersei give in to Euron, because Euron's her sole ally, and she can't afford to lose him and his fleet. Qyburn knows that Cersei only is stalling the inevitable with Euron either usurping her or betraying her. Anyhow, I wouldn't take that scene at face value, whatsoever.

Tyrion and treason and being accused to be traitor to those he tried to help is a pattern for him: he helps Bran with a saddle, and gets taken by Cat for the murder attempt on Bran; he helps Cersei and Joffrey win against Stannis and whatnotwhat and gets tried for the murder of Joffrey; he helps Dany and ....

There have been ample show-shots taken of Tyrion in S7 how he is increasingly upset over what happens to House Lannister and wants to keep them safe from harm. He's the one proposing a plan to starve KL and take over Westeros purely because the rulers of a region choose Dany over Cersei without violence. Then Dany retaliates against the Lannisters after she lost Dorne, her Greyjoy fleet and the Reach. During, he hopes Jaime doesn't do something stupid that would get him killed and he's stricken when he walks through the ashes of the aftermath. He sort of makes up with Jaime at least before personally seeing Cersei, and "learns" she's pregnant. He never wanted Cersei's children harmed, not even Joffrey (not in the show).

Meanwhile Varys told him to find a way to be of more influence, but he can't even prevent Dany from flying north of the Wall to save Jon. And his influence on Dany only gets smaller and smaller. And though Tyrion was the one to tell Dany to ditch Daario so she could make a political sensible match in Westeros, he never ever proposed the most logical political match to settle the issue between Jon and Dany when he came to Dragonstone: that he was KitN and did not bend the knee. Our smart guy never thought that a marriage would resolve it? Of course he knew that was a solution, especially once he saw them making eyes at one another. But he never mentioned it, because he didn't want Dany to wed Jon. 

And no matter how dysfunctional his relationship with Cersei has been, Tyrion has never stopped wanting to prove himself to her that he loved her chidlren, was loyal, not even during the private meeting of s7. Parallel this with Sam: has a dysfunctional relationship with his family, even steals the family's sword, but he's devestated and angry with Dany over what she did, already putting things into motion to keep her from getting the throne. Why woudl it be any different for Tyrion. Remember that this is not book-Tyrion who wants to rape and murder his sister as he's wandering in Essos.

So, yeah, enough groundwork for Tyrion to ultimately betray them. Worse, if he does all that and Cersei still does not accept him, he can end up being so angry with Cersei that he kills her (as he did with his father), and then we get an "hour of the wolf" passage where the Starks put the murderer of a monarch (even if that monarch was their enemy) on trial (which Ned Stark would have done with Jaime, if Robert hadn't prevented it).

I think you made a very well thought post but the situation in the show is completly stupid.

In the show cersei only controls KL. The rest of westeros is against her and all the important lannisters have either been killed or abandoned her. At this point cersei seems like a lunatic without power siting in the IT.

No matter what tyrion does this situation won t change. Westeros as a whole hates cersei! Her only allies are euron and 20k sellswords and both should abandon her in the face of certain defeat. 

The thing tyrion should be able to do is negociate cersei's survival as long as she doesn t leave casterly rock… 

1 hour ago, divica said:

I think you made a very well thought post but the situation in the show is completly stupid.

In the show cersei only controls KL. The rest of westeros is against her and all the important lannisters have either been killed or abandoned her. At this point cersei seems like a lunatic without power siting in the IT.

No matter what tyrion does this situation won t change. Westeros as a whole hates cersei! Her only allies are euron and 20k sellswords and both should abandon her in the face of certain defeat. 

The thing tyrion should be able to do is negociate cersei's survival as long as she doesn t leave casterly rock… 

No disagreement from me that Cersei being Queen at all after S6 finale is ridiculous

14 hours ago, divica said:

If there is another hidden targ it would be too weird. Like within 2 eps reveal that there are hidden targs everywhere...

If he tries to get the throne I think it would need to be because he is a blackfyre and in show logic an ancient enemy of the targs that almost stole the IT from them a century ago.

I could see that work...

I think you have to fix your sarcasm detector. "Aegon" ain't happening.

47 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Episode 2 leaked early.  Someone posted a NSFW picture on Reddit...

Reveal hidden contents

of Arya and Gendry about to have sex.  

Did not see that coming :blush:

Link

Is this supposed to be for real, or is it a joke with some doctored pics? 

6 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Is this supposed to be for real, or is it a joke with some doctored pics? 

It's real.  Lots of other pics from the episode have been uploaded to Freefolk reddit.  One is Jaime knighting Brienne by the looks of it.

Still waiting on a leaker to actually summarize the episode though.  Amazon Germany uploaded early, so multiple people have seen it.  

24 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

It's real.  Lots of other pics from the episode have been uploaded to Freefolk reddit.  One is Jaime knighting Brienne by the looks of it.

Still waiting on a leaker to actually summarize the episode though.  Amazon Germany uploaded early, so multiple people have seen it.  

OK, thanks for the info.  I don't really 'do'  reddit and all, that's why I wasn't sure. 

Here is a written summary of the episode:  Link

Sansa and Dany seem to make nice by the sound of it (kinda sorta...Sansa still wants an independent North)

Jon tells Dany about his parentage at the end of the episode...the horn sounds for WWs approaching before she can react to it much.  Probably gonna have to wait until episode 4 to see her react to it in depth.

So I read the summary.  Doesn't sound like much is happening to be honest.  It's a big episode for Brienne.  Good to hear that Dany and Sansa are getting along.  I saw the picture of Ghost, and to be honest he looks kind of small.  Also, no Cersei or Euron?  Does the entire episode take place in Winterfell?  I find it hard to believe that Cersei will miss two episodes in a row.

27 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

So I read the summary.  Doesn't sound like much is happening to be honest.  It's a big episode for Brienne.  Good to hear that Dany and Sansa are getting along.  I saw the picture of Ghost, and to be honest he looks kind of small.  Also, no Cersei or Euron?  Does the entire episode take place in Winterfell?  I find it hard to believe that Cersei will miss two episodes in a row.

I didn t read the summary. Did jon talk about who are is parents with anyone else besides danny?

And I am sorry, but having jon tell danny at the end of the ep and have their conversation cut short is one of the stupidest things I could have ever imagined!

By the way, jon became the warden of the north this week!? LOOL

But seriously, what is the logic of jon not asking bran more info about what happened with his parents or not talking in lenght about it with one of his sisters? This is just ridiculous!

And then he and danny don t end their conversation!?  I don t understand the logic behind this...

13 minutes ago, divica said:

I didn t read the summary. Did jon talk about who are is parents with anyone else besides danny?

And I am sorry, but having jon tell danny at the end of the ep and have their conversation cut short is one of the stupidest things I could have ever imagined!

From what I read, Bran asks him when he will tell Dany and Jon says he doesn't know.

2 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

From what I read, Bran asks him when he will tell Dany and Jon says he doesn't know.

I just read it and it is sam who asks him.

But the thing is that we now have to wait for ep4. By that time I seriously doubt anyone will be interested in the story of lyanna and rhaegar or how the starks feel about the revelation… Or what jon might think of ned now.

It will be all about what it means for jon and danny's relationship and about what it means in the claim for the IT... I think I am just disapointed and angry...

Archived