Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

51 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Here is a written summary of the episode:  Link

Sansa and Dany seem to make nice by the sound of it (kinda sorta...Sansa still wants an independent North)

Jon tells Dany about his parentage at the end of the episode...the horn sounds for WWs approaching before she can react to it much.  Probably gonna have to wait until episode 4 to see her react to it in depth.

I do not know what compels people to write summaries and share them, but I do thank them :-)

So the episode leaked.

I am getting tired of conversations being interrupted in crucial moments intead of them ending the scene after the conversation is over.

And it just felt incredibly weird to me. If the other ep was the hellos this one seems to be the goodbyes that come out of nowhere. And I hate that they ignored the personal implacations that r+l=j have for jon and the starks and jumped directly what it means for danny's claim to the IT...

ps I simply don t understand sansa… The starks have been wardens of the north for hundreds of years and now she has a huge prob with it...

Watched the full leak.  Sansa and Dany do indeed make nice...until Sansa brings up Northern Independence.  Then they go right back to being ice cold.  So the Sansa vs Dany stuff is not done.     

Dany's reaction to being told R+L=J is suspicion, Jon has a claim to the Iron Throne and it clearly disturbs her.  This explains that trailer shot of them at Dragsonstone where I thought Jon's facial expression and Dany's outfit and posture indicated a certain...distance between them.  Obviously they won't have time to talk about this issue in the battle episode, so episode 4 will be where this thread picks up again.  

It seems like D&D are just going to ignore the incest aspect of it and focus on the 'who should get the Iron Throne' angle instead.

3 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Watched the full leak.  Sansa and Dany do indeed make nice...until Sansa brings up Northern Independence.  Then they go right back to being ice cold.  So the Sansa vs Dany stuff is not done.     

Dany's reaction to being told R+L=J is suspicion, Jon has a claim to the Iron Throne and it clearly disturbs her.  This explains that trailer shot of them at Dragsonstone where I thought Jon's facial expression and Dany's outfit and posture indicated a certain...distance between them.  Obviously they won't have time to talk about this issue in the battle episode, so episode 4 will be where this thread picks up again.  

It seems like D&D are just going to ignore the incest aspect of it and focus on the 'who should get the Iron Throne' angle instead.

After watching the ep I actually think we will see some romantic action from jon during the battle. Like danny is in danger and jon appears there and saves her while nearly dying.

From all the angles that they can deal with the R+L=J I think they are using the most stupid one. I don t like it. And I don t like that they are squeezing it so that it lasts so many eps...

And which trailer are you talking about? Because once again all problems would be solved if they just got married...

I just saw the episode, and it's good.  I will write a summary that explains some of the things mentioned in previous summaries

Spoiler

Jaime's trial: Dany doesn't trust Jaime because he came without an army like Cersei promised, and fears that he's here to murder her.  Tyrion defends him, but that makes Dany even more suspicious.  Sansa tells everyone about how Jaime had ambushed Ned back in season 1, and Bran says "the things we do for love".  Jaime is shaken.  Brienne defends him, and Sansa says that she trusts Brienne.  Jon says we need every man we can get, and leaves.  Dany is at a loss.

Dany is upset at Tyrion when they are alone.  When she leaves, Tyrion tells Jorah and Varys one of them will soon be the Hand.

Arya and Gendry discuss the dead.  Arya wants to know what they are like, and Gendry says they're like nothing you've ever encountered before.  Arya throws some knives to the Wall and Gendry smiles.

Jaime meets Bran at the Godswood, and says I'm sorry.  Bran says "you were not sorry then".  Jaime wants to know why Bran didn't say anything, and Bran responds that he's not angry at anyone anymore.  Jaime asks what about afterwards?  Bran responds that there may not be an afterwards.

Tyrion and Jaime are walking together.  Some Northern men spit on the ground when they see them to show their contempt.  Tyrion makes the joke about how he wants to die, but Jaime already knows it.  Jaime gets distracted when he sees Brienne and goes to her.  He's very kind to her, which puzzles Brienne because he was always insulting her in the past.  Jaime says "Do you want me to insult you?".  He then tells her that he may not be of much use as a soldier anymore, but he would like to fight under her command.

Jorah meets Dany and apologizes.  Dany says have you done anything wrong.  Jorah responds "many things, but you forgave me" and tells her that he really wanted to be her Hand, but she made the right decision, because Tyrion may be annoying but he's the right person for that position.  Dany tells him that she would have made him the Hand if he wasn't away.  Jorah then tells her to make peace with Sansa.

Dany finds Sansa with Yohn Royce and asks to speak to her alone.  She compliments her, and tells her about Tyrion.  Sansa defends Tyrion.  Sansa then tells her that Jon is in love with her and that she is afraid he is being manipulated.  Dany admits that she loves Jon too and that's why she came to the North to fight along his side.  Sansa laughs, holds Dany's hands and tells her that she should have thanked her.  She asks what will happen tot he North after the war, but then Theon arrives.  Dany asks him where is Yara.  Theon says she only had 10 ships and went back to the Iron Islands.  Dany asks why you're here, and Sansa runs to him and hugs him.

Davos is serving food.  Gilly is trying to encourage some older women.  A young girl with greyscale tells Davos that she wants to fight, but Gilly convinces her to come to the crypts with her.  Davos is reminded of Shireen.

Edd arrives and has an emotional reunion with Sam.  Jon wants to join them but is interrupted by Tormund who jumps on him.

War council:  Jon is giving a speech about how our enemy doesn't tire.  Sansa and Arya are standing alongside him, and Bran is behind them.  Jaime argues about the tactics.  Bran says he's there for him and shows them the mark.  He explains that the Night King wants to erase all memory of this world.  Sam gives a speech about memory, and concludes that by killing Bran he would be able to accomplish that.  Bran says that he will wait at the Godswood as bait, but Sansa and Arya won't have any of that.  Theon volunteers to stay with him.  Tyrion wants to fight too, but Dany tells him she will need his help after the war.

Tyrion and Bran have a conversation about bran's journey.

Missandei tries to talk to two little girls, but they leave her.  Grey Worm asks her if she wants to grow old in this place.  She says she wants to go to Naath, but her people are peaceful and can't defend themselves.  Grey Worm says his people are not peaceful, and he will defend her.

Ghost, Sam and Jon are waiting for the enemy.  Edd joins them.  They talk about Grenn and Pyp.  "Now it's just us".  Jon asks Sam to go to the crypts, but Sam objects because he killed a White Walker and a Thenn.  Edd jokes that this must really be the end of the world.

Jaime and Tyrion in front of a fireplace.  Tyrion says he wishes father was alive to see them fighting for Winterfell.  Brienne and Pod join them.  Brienne doesn't let Pod drink at first because he needs to be ready for war, but she later changes her mind.  Tormund joins them and hits on Brienne.  He then tells them the story of how became known as Giantsbane.  He starts drinking with wine spilling out of his mouth, and everyone stares at him.  Davos is there too.

Arya finds the Hound alone and asks him why he is here.  She calls him selfish but the Hound tells her he fought for her.  Beric joins them and apologizes to Arya.  Arya admits Beric used to be on her list.  Beric praises the Lord of Light which angers the Hound.  Arya walks away because she doesn't want to spend her last night with them.  She finds Gendry and asks him what Melisandre wanted with him.  Gendry tells her he is Robert's son.  Arya asks him if that was his first time, and Gendry tells her it wasn't consensual.  Arya then asks him about his sexual experiences and Gendry is uncomfortable.  Arya tells him that she wants to know what it's like before she dies, and kisses him.  She gets undressed, but Gendry hasn't taken his pants off, until Arya says "I'm not the red woman".

Back to Tyrion's group:  He says we will live, at which Davos laughs.  He asks for a song.  Davos and Brienne say no, and Tormund grunts.  Pod starts singing about Jenny of Oldstones and we see a montage of the war preparations, Sam and Gilly in bed with little Sam, Sansa and Theon, Arya and Gendry in bed, Missandei and Greyworm.  Brienne is knighted.

Jorah tries to convince Lyanna to go to the crypts but she won't.  She wishes him good luck in the battle.  Sam arrives and gives him Heartsbane because he can't use a sword anyway, and Jeor was a true father to him.

Dany joins Jon in the crypts.  He is looking at Lyanna's statue and Dany asks who that is.  When she hears it's Lyanna Dany is shook.  She says that she knows Rhaegar had raped her, but Jon tells her he didn't.  He tells the story, and while Dany is happy at first, she is in shock when she realizes what Jon is saying.  She asks him who told him that, and Jon says Bran and Sam.  Dany doesn't believe it, but Jon tells her it's true.  She tells him he's the last male Targaryen and Jon just looks at her.  The horn blows and they head out.  They see the Walkers.  Jon nods to Dany.

The End.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

After watching the ep I actually think we will see some romantic action from jon during the battle. Like danny is in danger and jon appears there and saves her while nearly dying.

From all the angles that they can deal with the R+L=J I think they are using the most stupid one. I don t like it. And I don t like that they are squeezing it so that it lasts so many eps...

And which trailer are you talking about? Because once again all problems would be solved if they just got married...

This TV spot:  Link

People on Reddit figured out the fireplace is identical to the one on Dragonstone.

2 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

This TV spot:  Link

People on Reddit figured out the fireplace is identical to the one on Dragonstone.

I doubt they would show a scene of at least ep 4.

I think it probably is the fireplace at winterfell where a bunch of characters was sittiing in this ep.

4 minutes ago, divica said:

I think it probably is the fireplace at winterfell where a bunch of characters was sittiing in this ep.

It was without a doubt the fireplace in Dragonstone. You can look up an image and compare the texture of the stone. The Winterfell fireplace looked different.

5 minutes ago, divica said:

The picture comparison that the fireplace is from DS:  Link

Obviously there is no such scene in episode 2...so it has to be from episode 3 or beyond.  And since 3 is WF battle centric, it must be 4-6, with 4 as the most likely.

24 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

The picture comparison that the fireplace is from DS:  Link

Obviously there is no such scene in episode 2...so it has to be from episode 3 or beyond.  And since 3 is WF battle centric, it must be 4-6, with 4 as the most likely.

Even if it is from ep 4. I don t know what it shows. 

I have no idea what are the consequences of r+l=j after this episode. I think in the cript scene from jon's expression he still wants to be with danny. If  danny has problems because he has a claim to the IT there are a lot of ways to get around it... Like burning the things sam found and keep it a secret, jon abdicating in her favor, them marrying… I don t understand why danny would want to keep distance from jon…

Logically and emotionally she should react the oposite way...She either keeps him as close to her as possible or kills him… Unless the problem will be that she wants jon to marry someone else to continue the targ line… but the show doesn t seem to be complex enough to care about things like that...

54 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

It's funny how much time everyone wasted by saying how incest is wrong and will be disgusting to the characters and then none of them even mention this, they're only worried about the claim to the IT lol

I knew they wouldnt! been saying so the whole time.

59 minutes ago, divica said:

Even if it is from ep 4. I don t know what it shows. 

I have no idea what are the consequences of r+l=j after this episode. I think in the cript scene from jon's expression he still wants to be with danny. If  danny has problems because he has a claim to the IT there are a lot of ways to get around it... Like burning the things sam found and keep it a secret, jon abdicating in her favor, them marrying… I don t understand why danny would want to keep distance from jon…

Logically and emotionally she should react the oposite way...She either keeps him as close to her as possible or kills him… Unless the problem will be that she wants jon to marry someone else to continue the targ line… but the show doesn t seem to be complex enough to care about things like that...

If she were satisfied that the story was genuine, and still believed that she was barren, she could name him her heir, leaving him free to marry someone else to continue the line.

17 minutes ago, SeanF said:

If she were satisfied that the story was genuine, and still believed that she was barren, she could name him her heir, leaving him free to marry someone else to continue the line.

I am starting to hate that they took all the human feelings that the r+l=j should cause in several characters in order to focus on the stupid IT... I mean, jon and danny are in love… who cares who has the better claim? It annoys me to no end that we didn t have an emotional breakdown from jon where someone had to talk him through it for exemple...

7 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

It's real.  Lots of other pics from the episode have been uploaded to Freefolk reddit.  One is Jaime knighting Brienne by the looks of it.

Still waiting on a leaker to actually summarize the episode though.  Amazon Germany uploaded early, so multiple people have seen it.  

:lol:

Every year, always always always. It’s hilarious. 

ETA: not always Amazon Germany, but some channel, wherever. Always. :lmao:

46 minutes ago, divica said:

I am starting to hate that they took all the human feelings that the r+l=j should cause in several characters in order to focus on the stupid IT... I mean, jon and danny are in love… who cares who has the better claim? It annoys me to no end that we didn t have an emotional breakdown from jon where someone had to talk him through it for exemple...

Maybe not an emotional breakdown, but the interactions aren't realistic.  At one time, maybe the show could get away with some stilted bad dialogue and 3,0000 yard stares, but, it seems so obvious now.  Why didn't they give Jon and Arya a longer scene?  Why does no one get a longer scene?  The show has even lost it's touch at the Big MomentTM  The 'big moments' feel stilted and strange, not like conversations that people actually have, and then everyone stops talking so the music and camera can do something...and then whatever the 'moment' was, it's forgotten.  Why doesn't someone sit the fuck down with Bran and get him to explain his powers, and then try to use those powers to help the situation? The ONLY thing the show is still good at are CGI and battles, and even their battle direction is overrated.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Maybe not an emotional breakdown, but the interactions aren't realistic.  At one time, maybe the show could get away with some stilted bad dialogue and 3,0000 yard stares, but, it seems so obvious now.  Why didn't they give Jon and Arya a longer scene?  Why does no one get a longer scene?  The show has even lost it's touch at the Big MomentTM  The 'big moments' feel stilted and strange, not like conversations that people actually have, and then everyone stops talking so the music and camera can do something...and then whatever the 'moment' was, it's forgotten.  Why doesn't someone sit the fuck down with Bran and get him to explain his powers, and then try to use those powers to help the situation? The ONLY thing the show is still good at are CGI and battles, and even their battle direction is overrated.

I think this ep was specially bad in human interactions. Can someone seriously exaplain why the starks didn t have a scene with all of them together? People think that this might be the end and this familly that has been through hell doesn t want to reunite in order to say goodbye in case someone dies? Each of them is hanging around winterfell doing their thing...

Lyanna should hate jorah. He shamed her house! he has done nothing to gain her favor!

After making such a big thing from the tarlys death and jon's parentage they decide to Forget it during most of the ep! Seriously! I can t understand how jon can t have a serious talk with someone he trusts about everything he learned… Basically in this ep he was ok with it and didn t even ask for more information about his mother and father from bran… It was like taking one of the center pieces of the story and ruining it...

Archived