Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Probably being reintroduced so he can get killed during the battle. 

I think it was just so that people don t rant that the only reason they brought ghost back was to kill him. Now he appears in 2 eps!

26 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why didn't they give Jon and Arya a longer scene? 

This is what is most annoying and mind boggling. In the past, I used to think D&D were just asses and wanted to give book readers and to a certain degree Martin the finger and do their own thing... develop their own fanfic storylines for their favorite characters at the expense of characters they don’t like or are indifferent to. Now, I don’t even think that’s it. It’s just sheer incompetence and really bad writing on their part. Benioff even mentions in the “inside the episode” segment that Jon and Arya are two of the most important characters in the story and they love each other very deeply, and then they go and ruin what should have been a pivotal scene/moment in both characters arc. They know this relationship is perhaps the most endearing in the entire series between two central characters, and they can’t even do that right. They made it work in S1 with just one scene between the two but can’t seem to anymore. Totally dumbfounding.

11 minutes ago, teej6 said:

They made it work in S1 with just one scene between the two

You mean when they had Martin’s blueprint and input and active participation? :lol:

I agree wholeheartedly btw. The writing is atrocious, full stop. 

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You mean when they had Martin’s blueprint and input and active participation? :lol:

I agree wholeheartedly btw. The writing is atrocious, full stop. 

It isn t only the writing. What happened to most women facial expressions? 

Just now, Ser Gareth said:

Can we save the bitching about the show runners, show and acting to the Rant and Rave threads.  Thanks.

That's not a leak thread, and until the show's run its course on its usual air time, this is a leak. 

3 hours ago, divica said:

Even if it is from ep 4. I don t know what it shows. 

I have no idea what are the consequences of r+l=j after this episode. I think in the cript scene from jon's expression he still wants to be with danny. If  danny has problems because he has a claim to the IT there are a lot of ways to get around it... Like burning the things sam found and keep it a secret, jon abdicating in her favor, them marrying… I don t understand why danny would want to keep distance from jon…

Logically and emotionally she should react the oposite way...She either keeps him as close to her as possible or kills him… Unless the problem will be that she wants jon to marry someone else to continue the targ line… but the show doesn t seem to be complex enough to care about things like that...

Before GRRM jumped the shark, the book titles had relevance to what was contained within.  ADWD was meant to deal with Dany's arrival in Westeros.  That title makes a lot more sense than the actual book we got, if there is another dance with dragons, e.g. Jon versus Dany.

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

That's not a leak thread, and until the show's run its course on it's usual air time, this is a leak. 

Then let's keep it discussion based and not make repetitive remarks about the negative aspects of the show.  It's the usual suspects every single time, and almost every thread gets polluted with it.

And the specific Rant thread for Ep2 already exists with spoilers.  So it CAN be discussed there.

1 minute ago, Ser Gareth said:

Then let's keep it discussion based and not make repetitive remarks about the negative aspects of the show.  It's the usual suspects every single time, and almost every thread gets polluted with it.

People are allowed to give opinions on what they like about the leaks the show or any such thing and you don’t police that around here. The fact that this is a leak and spoiler thread does not prevent people from stating what they like or don’t on this thread. 

Before GRRM jumped the shark, the book titles had relevance to what was contained within.  ADWD was meant to deal with Dany's arrival in Westeros.  That title makes a lot more sense than the actual book we got, if there is another dance with dragons, e.g. Jon versus Dany.

But you can t have a jon vs danny after they fall in love just because they find out he is a targ… The only way it could happen is if we get a dark danny. And with 2 eps left after the batle in winterfell I just don t believe it… (assuming the 6 is almost completly some sort of epilogue)

5 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

What hypocrisy. You can diss GRRM on this thread. 

And the specific Rant thread for Ep2 already exists with spoilers.  So it CAN be discussed there.

The spoilers aren't specified and it doesn't mention leaks. It is NOT COOL to discuss any aspect of a leaked episode before airtime on any thread that's not explicitly clear that it's doing so. 

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

People are allowed to give opinions on what they like about the leaks the show or any such thing and you don’t police that around here. The fact that this is a leak and spoiler thread does not prevent people from stating what they like or don’t on this thread. 

Actually they're not.  In certain threads you aren't allowed opinions.  For example, in the rant and rave thread you aren't allowed to say anything positive about the show or hold someone to account if they make a spurious comment of any kind.

And there is a difference between an opinion and doing nothing but bad mouthing every aspect possible.  For example, saying the episode was bad because X,Y, Z?  Acceptable.  Saying the same with the addendum of the show runners are clowns, or idiots or are crap at their job?  Unacceptable.

Just now, Lollygag said:

The spoilers aren't specified and it doesn't mention leaks. It is NOT COOL to discuss any aspect of a leaked episode before airtime on any thread that's not explicitly clear that it's doing so. 

It's even less cool to rant and rave in threads that aren't rant and rave.

3 minutes ago, teej6 said:

What hypocrisy. You can diss GRRM on this thread. 

It's factual.  When it came to the book names matching the events in the books, he has moved away from the relevance of the book names.  Unless you can literally convince me otherwise and that AFFC and ADWD directly relates to events in the books?

Originally ADWD was going to be exactly that.

Actually they're not.  In certain threads you aren't allowed opinions.  For example, in the rant and rave thread you aren't allowed to say anything positive about the show or hold someone to account if they make a spurious comment of any kind.

And there is a difference between an opinion and doing nothing but bad mouthing every aspect possible.  For example, saying the episode was bad because X,Y, Z?  Acceptable.  Saying the same with the addendum of the show runners are clowns, or idiots or are crap at their job?  Unacceptable.

Again, who made you the policeman on these threads? I know the Rant and Rave thread explicitly states that the purpose of the thread is to talk about what people dislike about the show. I know of no such stipulation on this thread. 

7 minutes ago, divica said:

But you can t have a jon vs danny after they fall in love just because they find out he is a targ… The only way it could happen is if we get a dark danny. And with 2 eps left after the batle in winterfell I just don t believe it… (assuming the 6 is almost completly some sort of epilogue)

With less characters to focus on, there is still quite a lot of screen time.  A lot of movies can convey that kind of thing in 2 hours.

Dany's world has just been torn apart.  Ever since Khal Drogo died she has been singular minded (obsessed, just like her brother had been) on one outcome.  Ruling the Seven Kingdoms.  She believed she was the rightful ruler and now all of a sudden she's found out that actually she'd be the rebel if she contested them.

The simple answer is Jon could abdicate to Dany once everyone knew.  But if he doesn't like her reaction to the news, then he may well be reluctant to do so......

It's even less cool to rant and rave in threads that aren't rant and rave.

So no rants ever are allowed in any thread anywhere unless specifically labeled as a rant thread? You really going there? 

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Again, who made you the policeman on these threads? I know the Rant and Rave thread explicitly states that the purpose of the thread is to talk about what people dislike about the show. I know of no such stipulation on this thread. 

I just wish the usual suspects wouldn't poison every thread with their hatred.  The rest of us who want to discuss the show get it.  They think the show is crap.  Understood.  Now, do they have anything constructive to say in the discussion threads?  We don't need to be constantly brought down by the sheer, and often irrational, negativity of the same posters time and time and time again.

Cat Stark is a great example of someone who dislikes the show but who can also discuss the show rationally.  Can the others follow Cat's example?

Archived