Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Jeez. 

Why would Cersei send the GC to Winterfell though? But as you said, seems like it could be a typical D&D asspull, so who knows. Also, I thought there was gonna be two big battle episodes? If the GC gets nuked now, what’s the other battle going to be? 

Cersei would be trying to mop up the survivors immediately, before they can regroup, I'd guess.  I mean, if she waits, she risks letting Dany come down on her with the dragons.  Better to attack them when they least expect it and are most vulnerable.  From Cersei's POV that makes some sense imo.  Leaker says the GC wait to launch their attack until it appears the living have defeated the dead (they don't know the NK is out there with a 2nd army). 

Of course D&D need to disregard all logistics involved in pulling that off, but...that's never stopped them before.

The 2nd battle is going to be in KL.  Even if you don't believe the Friki leak, there were lots of set pics of them burning the heck out of that massive KL set they built.  If this leak is true, it's probably going to be the living trying to stop the NK from turning KL's 500k population into an undead army.

27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Jeez. 

Why would Cersei send the GC to Winterfell though? But as you said, seems like it could be a typical D&D asspull, so who knows. Also, I thought there was gonna be two big battle episodes? If the GC gets nuked now, what’s the other battle going to be? 

More GC probably. After the battles in Season 7, I assume D&D's armies function on RTS logic: as long as you researched the unit and have some working barracks, you can spawn more of them in a few minutes.

5 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Cersei would be trying to mop up the survivors immediately, before they can regroup, I'd guess.  I mean, if she waits, she risks letting Dany come down on her with the dragons.  Better to attack them when they least expect it and are most vulnerable.  From Cersei's POV that makes some sense imo.  Leaker says the GC wait to launch their attack until it appears the living have defeated the dead (they don't know the NK is out there with a 2nd army). 

Of course D&D need to disregard all logistics involved in pulling that off, but...that's never stopped them before.

The 2nd battle is going to be in KL.  Even if you don't believe the Friki leak, there were lots of set pics of them burning the heck out of that massive KL set they built.  If this leak is true, it's probably going to be the living trying to stop the NK from turning KL's 500k population into an undead army.

It makes sense if you don t stop to think about it.

Why would the NK divide his forces to attack winterfell?

how can the northern escape the army of the dead?

And then they will seriously let the dead march to KL? They will loose 3/4 of westeros! The amount of dead should be HUGE! 

Ok, they can say they will use bran to lure the NK to KL as directly as possibly and tyrion's betrayal wil probably be letting the dead enter KL and burn everything. And thus ends the army of the dead… 

Rhaegal will probably die from poison or because he didn t heal well enough because of the cold (super lame).

Drogon will die killing viserion and then jon kills the NK on foot...

I would bet real Money in all these predictions if that leak is true...

16 hours ago, Zorral said:

That, too . . . . 

She was very lucky not to have gotten pregnant from -- I can't even make myself type the name ....

For all we know, maybe she can't get pregnant ... or he whose name I will not type or speak couldn't get anybody pregnant.

To such questions we shall never have answers so it ultimately doesn't matter, I guess?

forget her name, but his bed warmer/archer/ chic crazy girlfriend told Sansa the last chic got preggers and was then boring so the hounds took care of her

1 minute ago, Bradam said:

forget her name, but his bed warmer/archer/ chic crazy girlfriend told Sansa the last chic got preggers and was then boring so the hounds took care of her

Myranda? 

44 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

More GC probably. After the battles in Season 7, I assume D&D's armies function on RTS logic: as long as you researched the unit and have some working barracks, you can spawn more of them in a few minutes.

HAHA.

Hopefully, they research chemistry and thumb ring so their archers can fire flaming arrows faster.

1 hour ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

He says the character deaths are:  Edd, Beric, Pod, Jorah (last words are Here We Stand to Lyanna Mormont as he holds a crypt tunnel so others can escape), and Gendry (Arya gives him the gift of mercy).      

So all the “extra” non-important characters then. Not really a single main character death amongst them.

On 4/22/2019 at 12:42 AM, Ser Gareth said:

It's factual.  When it came to the book names matching the events in the books, he has moved away from the relevance of the book names.  Unless you can literally convince me otherwise and that AFFC and ADWD directly relates to events in the books?

Originally ADWD was going to be exactly that.

Well if you believe in AJT, then by reading the last book you dance with dragons i.e. Dany, Jon and Tyrion (and fAegon) the 3 main POVs.

6 hours ago, tws1978 said:

Except there was his mysterious talk with Bran we don´t know anything about. That and his knowing looks whenever he sees the growing tension between Dany and Jon makes it very likely he already knows about Jon´s true heritage and may start to change his aliance towards him. As we saw last season D&D loves to keep the key moments offscreen to fool the audience. So I expect they will do something similar this year.

Exactely. I actually suspect that Tyrion guessed the truth (without being sure) as early as Season 1 - Book1. Remember his telling Jon that, like him, he also dreamt of  dragons? Bran probably confirmed it to him and may even have said that Jon was the PtwP - hence Tyrion's hope of victory.

12 minutes ago, Jô Maltese said:

Exactely. I actually suspect that Tyrion guessed the truth (without being sure) as early as Season 1 - Book1. Remember his telling Jon that, like him, he also dreamt of  dragons? Bran probably confirmed it to him and may even have said that Jon was the PtwP - hence Tyrion's hope of victory.

Tyrion also had the talk with Bran and THEN went to the group scene in front of the fire where he said 'I think we will live'.

Can we take it that whatever Bran told him gave him the idea that they will live? Or was that line just total nonsense?

Also, ok so the GC is now coming to WF? I dont get it...I mean I guess you can explain Jaime making it to WF in one day cuz he is a single rider/fast horse/never gets tired soldier....but how do you explain an entire army marching from KL to WF in the same amount of time it takes the WW's to march from the Last Hearth to WF? I MEAN.............

But skipping the unrealistic and stupid points, wtf is the GC going to do when they get there? help fight the WW's or just start killing the live humans? Cuz if they just start killing the humans then they are basically saying 'oh zombies please kill me next' right?

In the spoilers/leaks no one has said Ghost will die right? I really dont want him to die.

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

And since when does a sellsword company agree to march through the deepest winter ever

With elephants! (GC was supposed to come with elephants) 

Hannibal's crossing of the Alps was a Sunday afternoon healthy walk compared to the 1500 miles march from KL to Winterfell…

This particular use of the GC makes no sense.

• The GC doesn't break a contract because they're careful about the contracts that do enter into.
  • Based on what little we've seen of Harry, he comes off as competent, respectful, intelligent, and somewhat of a good guy as he clearly doesn't care for Euron (set up breaking their contract?). Or more to the point, not a desperate and impulsive idiot. 
  • You can't sell that mission honestly without being thought nuts. They've not seen the fabled wight demo!
  • HUGE, HUGE, HUGE alarm bells go off when the GC is told the mission: The Starks, 2/3 of the Lannisters, Targs, dragons, Unsullied, Dothraki, Greyjoys, and Valemen are all kumbaya and holed up in the middle of nowhere at Winterfell in the Winter. Most of the North has evacuated to Winterfell. WTF?????
  • Before agreeing to a contract, they would need the terms up front including any and all relevant info. If Cersei excluded important details of the mission like an ice zombie apocalypse, I would assume that voids any contract, so why? 
  • Granted, part of this is based on me dealing with contracts and deals irl, but nothing about this holds up at all. 
  • This would be a lot of money and time spent for not much of anything but a quicky thrill viewers already knew was a possibility by D&D "logic" when you already have a battle scene with tons going on. 
  • If you're sending the GC north and not completely wasting them, you'd need to arm them with dragonglass, etc which raises a whole other set of questions. 
  • In the last episode of last season, Cersei said she's counting on the dead killing her enemies for her and she'll just stay in the south. It retcons the scene below. 

And a big deal was made of the elephants. Not wooly mammoths. What are you going to do with an unprotected elephant in a bad winter anyhow? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOMa0LeWArE

Archived