Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Thank the og and the new there won’t be any elephants. Cuz CGI is all about the battles and dragons, so would they use real elephants? So, I am very happy we won’t be seeing any. 

Could this leak, if true, mean that the GC will be joining the ranks of the AotD?

4 hours ago, Bradam said:

forget her name, but his bed warmer/archer/ chic crazy girlfriend told Sansa the last chic got preggers and was then boring so the hounds took care of her

Well then.  We know it wasn't him.  As for him deliberately keeping Sansa from conceiving that doesn't make any sense, in terms of preservation for his own line possession of Winterfell.

ETA: == Thanks for clearing that up!  (I think -- ewwwwwwwwwwww!) :crying:

17 minutes ago, Zorral said:

As for him deliberately keeping Sansa from conceiving that doesn't make any sense, in terms of preservation for his own line possession of Winterfell.

I think I disagree. I know this thread is about the show, but in the books he attaches great importance to legitimation through a Stark wife, but that does not prevent him from torturing her in the presence of northern lords, and probably causing her damage to the point that she can never have children....

38 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I think I disagree. I know this thread is about the show, but in the books he attaches great importance to legitimation through a Stark wife, but that does not prevent him from torturing her in the presence of northern lords, and probably causing her damage to the point that she can never have children....

But ... in the books ... this isn't Sansa Stark.

He doesn't know that, but it's still ... what? proving he's a truly stupid sadist? (Shhhhhh; don't tell the fans of the 50 Shades of Grey books!  :D )

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

. what? proving he's a truly stupid sadist?

proving that "preservation for his own line possession of Winterfell" is not really a priority for him, he's too blinded by his urges…

In my world when you want to conceive children with a certain woman, you don't start by raping her repeatedly and violently, especially at a time when miscarriages, deaths in childbirth and infant death are common…

4 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

proving that "preservation for his own line possession of Winterfell" is not a priority…

In my world when you want to conceive children with a certain woman, you don't start by raping her repeatedly and violently, especially at a time when miscarriages, deaths in childbirth and infant death are common…

There's a whole lot of that kind of behavior in history though, and preserving property was the priority.

7 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

A "leaker" on reddit says the Golden Company show up at the battle and shoot down Rhaegal with another Qyburn bolt thingy (he doesn't die, just gets injured), then the NK swoops in on Viserion and destroys the GC.  Link

He says the character deaths are:  Edd, Beric, Pod, Jorah (last words are Here We Stand to Lyanna Mormont as he holds a crypt tunnel so others can escape), and Gendry (Arya gives him the gift of mercy).

No idea if they are legitimate, but their post did get removed by reddit.  Some people think they may have filed a copyright claim against themselves to make their fake leaks appear real though,

Everything they said seems plausible...the GC abruptly showing up at WF with no buildup and Bran not seeing it seems like such a classic D&D move, I could totally see it happening.         

I think this is legitimate.  The post was made long before episode 2 (it might have even been made before the season premiere) and it does seem to be consistent with what we've seen so far.  The scene with Jorah and Lyanna and their conversation ending with her saying Here we stand, is a scene that could be followed by what this person describes as Jorah's death.  

Also, HBO released an after the episode video, where characters talk about Jenny's song, and characters such as Pod or Beric give interview wearing make-up that makes them look injured, and they seem to be in the Winterfell set, while Arya, Davos, Brienne and Sam give interviews in a a setting that looks more like the Dragon pit, and according to Friki those characters are all supposed to be at Tyrion's trial. 

1 hour ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I think this is legitimate.  The post was made long before episode 2 (it might have even been made before the season premiere) and it does seem to be consistent with what we've seen so far.  The scene with Jorah and Lyanna and their conversation ending with her saying Here we stand, is a scene that could be followed by what this person describes as Jorah's death.  

If this is true I much prefer the fan-made Reddit plot that the NK goes to King's Landing. Like WTF is the GC doing there...

1 hour ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Also, HBO released an after the episode video, where characters talk about Jenny's song, and characters such as Pod or Beric give interview wearing make-up that makes them look injured, and they seem to be in the Winterfell set, while Arya, Davos, Brienne and Sam give interviews in a a setting that looks more like the Dragon pit, and according to Friki those characters are all supposed to be at Tyrion's trial. 

Not to mention friki said that Grey Worm is at the trial, and this "leak" doesn't mention him dying at the Battle of Winterfell, even though a lot of people expect him to. We'll see in a few days I guess. 

11 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Cersei would be trying to mop up the survivors immediately, before they can regroup, I'd guess.  I mean, if she waits, she risks letting Dany come down on her with the dragons.  Better to attack them when they least expect it and are most vulnerable.  From Cersei's POV that makes some sense imo.  Leaker says the GC wait to launch their attack until it appears the living have defeated the dead (they don't know the NK is out there with a 2nd army). 

Of course D&D need to disregard all logistics involved in pulling that off, but...that's never stopped them before.

The 2nd battle is going to be in KL.  Even if you don't believe the Friki leak, there were lots of set pics of them burning the heck out of that massive KL set they built.  If this leak is true, it's probably going to be the living trying to stop the NK from turning KL's 500k population into an undead army.

Thanks, I need that laugh. 

19 hours ago, Jô Maltese said:

Well if you believe in AJT, then by reading the last book you dance with dragons i.e. Dany, Jon and Tyrion (and fAegon) the 3 main POVs.

Even if Tyrion is a secret Targ, then the title still makes no sense comparative to where it was initially meant to sit within the series.  And using that logic AFFC should have focused on Bran and the Wall, but it didn't.  The book titles no longer bear any relation to the content within.

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

It really does sound unbelievable that the GC would make it to Winterfell and Dany and Jon who have their own private jets wouldn't see them.

It depends on how far Jon and Dany range every day and in which direction.

I think it would be silly if the GC come to Winterfell, especially by foot.

21 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

Cersei would be trying to mop up the survivors immediately, before they can regroup, I'd guess.  I mean, if she waits, she risks letting Dany come down on her with the dragons.  Better to attack them when they least expect it and are most vulnerable.  From Cersei's POV that makes some sense imo.  Leaker says the GC wait to launch their attack until it appears the living have defeated the dead (they don't know the NK is out there with a 2nd army). 

Of course D&D need to disregard all logistics involved in pulling that off, but...that's never stopped them before.

The 2nd battle is going to be in KL.  Even if you don't believe the Friki leak, there were lots of set pics of them burning the heck out of that massive KL set they built.  If this leak is true, it's probably going to be the living trying to stop the NK from turning KL's 500k population into an undead army.

And GRRM for the matter (by his own admission he gets frustrated at his fans who care so much about the realism of travel timescales, logistics etc) in the books.

The problem is with the show and books we don't know how much time has passed between scenes etc.  We know that certain scenes in both mediums are chronologically out of order but we don't know by how much.  E.g. Theon made it to Winterfell.

42 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Even if Tyrion is a secret Targ, then the title still makes no sense comparative to where it was initially meant to sit within the series.  And using that logic AFFC should have focused on Bran and the Wall, but it didn't.  The book titles no longer bear any relation to the content within.

I always thought the “feast for crows” title refers to the devastation caused by war, in which case it’s spot on. 

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I always thought the “feast for crows” title refers to the devastation caused by war, in which case it’s spot on. 

And A Dance with dragons is also spot on. You just have to think that in this case dragons refer to targs and then remember:

dragons young and old (jon and aemon), true and false (danny and quentin), Bright and dark (faegon and BR/varys(?)) and sudenly nearly the entire book was about the actions of several targs (dragons).

7 minutes ago, divica said:

And A Dance with dragons is also spot on. You just have to think that in this case dragons refer to targs and then remember:

dragons young and old (jon and aemon), true and false (danny and quentin), Bright and dark (faegon and BR/varys(?)) and sudenly nearly the entire book was about the actions of several targs (dragons).

ADWD was meant to cover the conflict between Dany and (f)Aegon.  But due to the delays in the writing and the extra content needed to fill the five year gap there was meant to be a bridge book which ended up being called AFFC.  Only then AFFC had to be split into two books.  The editors insisted that part two shouldn't be called AFFC part two, and insisted on using the name of the book that was meant to follow ASOS.  Remember in the original idea, the beginning of ADWD was going to be Dany landing on the shores of Westeros.

This also means that TWOW will now be out of sync too.  Originally ADWD was going to deal with Dany's arrival in Westeros and the effect it had on Westeros.  TWOW was going to deal with the Others invasion.  And book six (titled at the time A Time for Wolves) was going to deal with the aftermath of the Others invasion.  Book six has now been scrapped all together.

From everything we've heard Dany won't even arrive in Westeros at the end of TWOW (if we ever get it) and the Others invasion will now happen in ADOS.

57 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

So the GC are going to fast travel? They were literally at KL an episode ago. It takes a month to travel to Winterfell 

Episode is not a measurement of time. Catelyn made if from Winterfell to King’s Landing in a single episode back in season 1, so I see no reason the Golden Company would be unable to do the same. That being said, I don’t think the Golden Company will be a part of the battle. I think this battle will deal exclusively with the White Walkers.

2 hours ago, divica said:

Agreed AFfC and ADwD are both perfectly spot on titles.

Archived