Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

19 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Theon did it.....

Jaime just did it as well. So did LittleFinger several times in his last 2 seasons.

Edit: IIRC Sam also did it, and Gilly (where did she even come from At WF?) And Ofcourse Dany flew from Dragonstone to North of the Wall in a few short hours (of course that was after the raven made from the Wall to her in also just a few short hours)

3 minutes ago, 21st Century Moose said:

And how much time do you assume has passed between those episodes?

It's only been like 2 days since the Wall fell at the end of last season. This is marked by the WW's travel to Last Hearth and then Winterfell. Also by Tormund's timeline from when the Wall fell until he reached Last Hearth (after the White Walkers) then went around the WW's march to get to WF first. So yeah it's all insanely unrealistic.

17 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

It's only been like 2 days since the Wall fell at the end of last season. This is marked by the WW's travel to Last Hearth and then Winterfell. Also by Tormund's timeline from when the Wall fell until he reached Last Hearth (after the White Walkers) then went around the WW's march to get to WF first. So yeah it's all insanely unrealistic. 

It's 600 miles straight-line from Winterfell to Castle Black; it's going to be further to Eastwatch where the WWs came through.  2 days?  No, it's not been 2 days since the Wall fell.

Based on the leaks it could go like this:

Ep 3: The battle part 1 - army of the dead without Night's King get pushed back. Golden Company arrives and attacks the living. The battle part 2 - Night's King takes out Golden Company and is about to finish the living, when he is killed and the Army of the Dead dies with him [my reasoning for the Night's King dying end of ep 3 / beginning ep 4 is that GRRM said show and books will have the same end for the main characters; since the Night's King is not a person in the books, he cannot kill a main character on the show and cannot be endgame material either]. People die as in the leak for ep 3.

I would argue that the Golden Company attacking the living in ep 3 is what is to be considered Tyrion's treason. It will lead to Daenerys attacking King's Landing. 

I don’t believe the GC goes to KL. Cersei had told Joffrey you don’t invade the north. I don’t have the exact quote but essentially it was that a time comes when you have the opportunity to kill your enemies, and Cersei has all the reasons to keep her troops at KL and wait for the “heroes” to come, severely weakened, and crush them there.

17 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

I don’t believe the GC goes to KL. Cersei had told Joffrey you don’t invade the north. 

– The GC is already in KL, I suppose you meant Winterfell. I didn't want to believe it but now I'm sure it will happen. Too many leaks since last year…

– No one talks about "invasion". The GC is supposed to crush Dany/North army, that's all.

35 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

I don’t believe the GC goes to KL. Cersei had told Joffrey you don’t invade the north. I don’t have the exact quote but essentially it was that a time comes when you have the opportunity to kill your enemies, and Cersei has all the reasons to keep her troops at KL and wait for the “heroes” to come, severely weakened, and crush them there.

12 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

– The GC is already in KL, I suppose you meant Winterfell. I didn't want to believe it but now I'm sure it will happen. Too many leaks since last year…

– No one talks about "invasion". The GC is supposed to crush Dany/North army, that's all.

It's season 2 maybe, Conversation between Cersei and Joffrey when Robb Stark is named KitN.  Joffrey is screaming that they should march north and kill them all and Cersei says 'We don't march into the North son, it's huge, as big as the other 6 kingdoms combined, and it's snowing. Bad idea dumbass."

But now here we are with Cersei doing the exact thing she told Joffrey not to do. :dunno:

Guess D&D forgot.....

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

It's season 2 maybe, Conversation between Cersei and Joffrey when Robb Stark is named KitN.  Joffrey is screaming that they should march north and kill them all and Cersei says 'We don't march into the North son, it's huge, as big as the other 6 kingdoms combined, and it's snowing. Bad idea dumbass."

But now here we are with Cersei doing the exact thing she told Joffrey not to do. :dunno:

Guess D&D forgot.....

Cersei didn’t send the Golden Company North. They’re still in King’s Landing.

I know the recent leak states the GC comes to the north to kill the living army, I just don't see it. It would be a little much, even for D&D to do. I would think a fight against the AOTD would be enough to build tension and suspense without adding Cersei's army to it...

4 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

The leaks I have read all seem to indicate that A) a part of the AOTD arrives at Winterfell first, then the GC arrives at Winterfell second, and finally the REAL AOTD (the one with the head white walker with the dragon)  arrives and takes out the GC. 

IMO, That is way to convoluted for one episode and I do not believe it.  Also, there are so many supposed 'real' leaks on reddit now that what one leak predicts, you can find another denying it. 

7 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Aren't your theory's all slowly biting the dust? About that theory on the Northerners being at war with each other before the Nk arrived, how did that work out?

If it happens, it would have to be something like:

1- Army of the dead arrived, north.

2- NK is doing some reconnaissance and spots the GC coming further down south.

3- NK pulls his troops back, and WF are all confused (or they just wait).

4- GC arrives south, where WF is less defended.

BUT, it means the GC are stupid and somehow think they had to attack rather than do what Cersei had said which was to let the monsters fight each other while she sits back and has it easy.

That being said, Bronn has been tasked to kill Jaime and Tyrion... Could be to meet them along the way if they flee south, which I think would make a lot more sense: the dead coming down north, the GC south waiting for people to come down from the north.

edit: Also we saw no GC bodies in the corpse-pile leaks, but we did see everything else including Iron Borns.

edit2: OH, one thing, it could make people wonder if the GC is there to help or not. Did Cersei actually send help or not? With Bronn leading... it would be difficult to know!

1 hour ago, NonoNono said:

the GC are stupid and somehow think they had to attack rather than do what Cersei had said which was to let the monsters fight each other while she sits back and has it easy.

That sure doesn't sound like mercenaries as we know them in history.  Historical mercenaries are far more likely to pick up and leave the scene than fight when they've even been told they don't have to!

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

That sure doesn't sound like mercenaries as we know them in history.  Historical mercenaries are far more likely to pick up and leave the scene than fight when they've even been told they don't have to!

Right, but I mean that Cersei would have somehow changed her mind and decided to send them to attack from the south. It's just dumb that the GC would do it, unless we are supposed to think they somehow don't know or don't believe the dead are at WF.

But, the fact Bronn was sent, that Jaime said Cersei would not help while Tyrion said she would, if Bronn shows up with the GC and says they have been sent to help, as much as I'm sure they would not believe Cersei wants to help... It's such a "TV" thing to happen. Do they let the GC help or open a new front on the rear side? Does Dany/Jon attack the GC and risk getting their dragons killed? Stuff like that makes me think it could happen. It just adds more to the tension than just watching the living fight the dead for 40 mins. But I don't like it, it makes the GC too dumb.

10 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Aren't your theory's all slowly biting the dust? About that theory on the Northerners being at war with each other before the Nk arrived, how did that work out?

No, man, didn't you see how much focus Aegon Strikcland has been getting? His theories are totally happening :lmao:

15 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Well if she did like the leaks say.

That will be really stupid if it happens.  Marching your new fresh army all the way North in winter when you said in season 1 that the North cannot be held by an outsider.

Archived