Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

20 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

There have been so many false leaks for season 8. What makes you think these leaks will be any different?

nothing in particular, everyone was talking about it so I joined in the conversation in saying "If it's true it's Dumb AF"

The show atleast tried to give a BS excuse about the guys at last hearth doubling up on horses to go around the army of the dead.  I can give them a bit of a pass as the army of the dead appears to be waddling along at roughly 2 miles per hour.  Assuming the terrian is just flat tundra that might have been feasable.  Maybe.. 

42 minutes ago, Bradam said:

The show atleast tried to give a BS excuse about the guys at last hearth doubling up on horses to go around the army of the dead.  I can give them a bit of a pass as the army of the dead appears to be waddling along at roughly 2 miles per hour.  Assuming the terrian is just flat tundra that might have been feasable.  Maybe.. 

It was definitely feasible. The Army of the Dead has been moving at a notoriously slow rate. They clearly aren’t in any hurry.

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Well never see Moat Cailin again, will we?  :crying:

That was soooooooooooooo stupid, especially since they did make a plot point out of Moat Cailin, by having Ramsay send Theon to retake the damn thing as in aDwD. You'd think that Ned's "ward" and Ramsay would know of a shortcut around Moat Cailin better than Brienne would, no? :lmao:

13 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

That was soooooooooooooo stupid, especially since they did make a plot point out of Moat Cailin, by having Ramsay send Theon to retake the damn thing as in aDwD. You'd think that Ned's "ward" and Ramsay would know of a shortcut around Moat Cailin better than Brienne would, no? :lmao:

I do keep wondering if somehow........a last battle will wind up around the Trident, considering Dany's book dream and even the stupid promo teaser that seemed to have fire and ice meet there.  But then I remember, that would require a lot of peeps, living and dead(?) trying to do the Moat Cailin bypass and go around, LOL  That might even lead to some sort of transporter traffic jam. 

5 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I do keep wondering if somehow........a last battle will wind up around the Trident, considering Dany's book dream and even the stupid promo teaser that seemed to have fire and ice meet there.  But then I remember, that would require a lot of peeps, living and dead(?) trying to do the Moat Cailin bypass and go around, LOL  That might even lead to some sort of transporter traffic jam. 

:lmao::lmao::lmao:OMG I just spouted my soda all over my laptop.

38 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I don’t think you know what a shortcut is.

8 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

I don’t think you know what a shortcut is.

Oh, I do... We're just using it to empahise the paradox: that it takes longer to take the shortest route apparently than take the long way around, especially when there is no actual way around, or there's an enormous sprawling army of dead guys that can move faster than a running wolf when the show-effects require it with Others scouting the lands and wights screeching the alarm if they come across someone warm blooded.

The army of the dead may be waddling at 2 miles per hour but they don't tire, they don't rest, they don't sleep. They'll be waddling 24 hours per day, so will easily make almost 50 miles per day. 

We were only shown what happened at Last Hearth, but Tormund did remark that anyone left north of Winterfell was part of them now. That includes Last Hearth, Karhold, the Dreadfort and Deepwood Motte. So they were either spread out wide and thin across the North, or the full army was zig-zagging about quite a bit. 

7 minutes ago, 21st Century Moose said:

The army of the dead may be waddling at 2 miles per hour but they don't tire, they don't rest, they don't sleep. They'll be waddling 24 hours per day, so will easily make almost 50 miles per day. 

We were only shown what happened at Last Hearth, but Tormund did remark that anyone left north of Winterfell was part of them now. That includes Last Hearth, Karhold, the Dreadfort and Deepwood Motte. So they were either spread out wide and thin across the North, or the full army was zig-zagging about quite a bit. 

the map is whatever anyone wants it to be. think of it as a very vague guideline for the reality of the continent they live on. also consider many on the show have the ability to Fold-Space whenever needed, like Dune or A Wrinkle in Time.....

On the Golden Company showing up to Winterfell, it does happen. There were set leaks last year of people in armor trying to break down Winterfell's gate while chanting. The only people that could possibly be is the Golden Company and there are only two circumstances I could say justifies it and that's either the GC thinks Winterfell won, or Winterfell actually won. I think the former is more likely than the latter which puts weight that the India leak is real.

At the end of episode 2, we don't directly see the Night King nor Viserion. In the episode 3 trailer we also get Jon saying, "the Night King is coming", and Daenerys saying "the dead are already here" which I think adds a little more weight. In the original season 8 trailer we see Jon on foot running by pockets of fire with no enemies around. It's dark so we can't see much, but it could very well be after he's grounded while burning corpses.

2 hours ago, longest night said:

On the Golden Company showing up to Winterfell, it does happen. There were set leaks last year of people in armor trying to break down Winterfell's gate while chanting. The only people that could possibly be is the Golden Company and there are only two circumstances I could say justifies it and that's either the GC thinks Winterfell won, or Winterfell actually won. I think the former is more likely than the latter which puts weight that the India leak is real.

At the end of episode 2, we don't directly see the Night King nor Viserion. In the episode 3 trailer we also get Jon saying, "the Night King is coming", and Daenerys saying "the dead are already here" which I think adds a little more weight. In the original season 8 trailer we see Jon on foot running by pockets of fire with no enemies around. It's dark so we can't see much, but it could very well be after he's grounded while burning corpses.

If it is true, then they are fucked indeed. Everybody armed with dragonglass, which is really good against show-wights even, but not so good against plate armored warriors with steel.

And guess the Hound should have brought Gendry's hammer along with him instead of leaving it north of the wall. Boooo.

6 hours ago, Bradam said:

Do you really think the skeletal members of the Army of the Dead are waddling?  I am taking issue with your adjective, not your post.  They could be rattling, or scraping, or even cracking/grinding.  Waddling is fluffy baby ducklings :-)

I think the India leak is probably the most probable leak out there for episode 3. If it isn't real, they at least came to some logical conclusions based on the information we have, and they didn't go into ridiculous unlikely details like others. The leak itself came out before episode 2 and mentions that NK missing from the initial attack. 

Some of the so-called leaks that followed it basically rip the leak off, change details like Drogon being downed instead of Rhaegal, removing a death, adding a death. Then they add popular reddit theories like the dead in the crypts being animated, or Beric resurrecting someone. They even copy the exclamation that "Tormund survives/lives!" that the original did.

Archived