Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

So a 'leak' appeared on 4chan that mirrors the India leak from before. It had a few additional details. The Golden Company is lurking until they attack and when they do attack, they surround Winterfell. Lyanna and House Mormont are the ones that hold the gate. It also gives the order of the deaths in the sequence of events.

Sequence of events:

Edd dies

Lord Royce dies

Pod dies, Brienne cries

Beric dies, the Hound is sad

Gendry gets wounded, death by Arya

Humans defeat the dead.

Jon/Daenerys burn the bodies

Golden Company attacks, shoots dragon

Jon and Daenerys retreat

Night King attacks and decimates the Golden Company

Mormonts hold gate

Gate falls

Jorah makes last stand, Lyanna runs off

NK takes Winterfell

7 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I’m wondering how the living will manage to beat a hasty retreat south during the worst winter imaginable along all fifteen hundred miles of Kingsroad that stretch between Winterfell and King’s Landing when they’re being slowed down because they’re pushing a boy in a wheelchair who’s being tirelessly pursued by an immortal adversary who always knows precisely where that boy who is his chief target happens to be and who can fly directly to the boy’s position at dragon-speed at the least opportune moment.

Let’s hope that wheelchair doesn’t get a flat tire. :eek:

Is it the worst winter imaginable yet?

And Mance beat a retreat with most of the Wildlings in tow, as did Tormund.

The "collapsed" lower levels of the crypts will be key.  We'll find out soon enough, but I think there will be some kind of escape route discovered down there.

5 hours ago, longest night said:

So a 'leak' appeared on 4chan that mirrors the India leak from before. It had a few additional details. The Golden Company is lurking until they attack and when they do attack, they surround Winterfell. Lyanna and House Mormont are the ones that hold the gate. It also gives the order of the deaths in the sequence of events.

Sequence of events:

Edd dies

Lord Royce dies

Pod dies, Brienne cries

Humans defeat the dead.

Jon and Daenerys retreat

Mormonts hold gate

Gate falls

NK takes Winterfell

The GC lying in wait would be a ridiculous plot point and I really hope it doesn't happen.  Not because it's a bad strategic move (it isn't) but because Cersei could have had them "play along" that they were coming to help.  Of course that could still be the message the GC has been telling people on the march / sail I suppose.  Only Jaime knew the truth and I doubt he spread that news on his journey to Winterfell.

5 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

The GC lying in wait would be a ridiculous plot point and I really hope it doesn't happen.  Not because it's a bad strategic move (it isn't) but because Cersei could have had them "play along" that they were coming to help.  Of course that could still be the message the GC has been telling people on the march / sail I suppose.  Only Jaime knew the truth and I doubt he spread that news on his journey to Winterfell.

It kind of is a bad strategic move since she told her brother she planned to betray everyone and then he went North, she ought to realize then that if the GC shows up, they will know it's for betrayal, also, why march all the way North when you can just wait at the Neck?  How does that make strategic sense?  How are they able to time their appearance perfectly, not too early, not too late?  Stupid. It's true they could march North without being hindered, but it seems bad strategy to me.

11 hours ago, longest night said:

Sequence of events:

Edd dies

Lord Royce dies

Pod dies, Brienne cries

Humans defeat the dead.

Jon and Daenerys retreat

Mormonts hold gate

Gate falls

NK takes Winterfell

Is there nothing about Jon and/or Dany fighting the NK or what happens to Bran?  I know you  are just the messenger, but I am wondering....

23 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It kind of is a bad strategic move since she told her brother she planned to betray everyone and then he went North, she ought to realize then that if the GC shows up, they will know it's for betrayal, also, why march all the way North when you can just wait at the Neck?  How does that make strategic sense?  How are they able to time their appearance perfectly, not too early, not too late?  Stupid. It's true they could march North without being hindered, but it seems bad strategy to me.

You're expecting good strategy from Cersei? :rofl:

12 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Is there nothing about Jon and/or Dany fighting the NK or what happens to Bran?  I know you  are just the messenger, but I am wondering....

Just that he tells everyone they need to leave when the Night King shows up. The India leaks says the dragons fight, but Viserion is too powerful.

I just read the oddest post, posturing as a spoiler.  It said that Bran would warg everyone so that everyone would know the truth about Jon.  Prolly plain garbage.  Have we ever seen Bran have someone else see something (and not through the magic of tv :-), and has he ever done it for many people?

But we also know that Bran told Sam to tell Jon (in ep 2 or was that 1?) about his heritage right away -- and that timing seem rushed.  Why would Bran need for everyone to know, without question, that Jon is our one true King????

52 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Don't forget, they might be led by Bronn, who would tell them he came to help, and that Cersei can go screw herself. We wouldn't know what the truth is.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

I didn't make myself clear.  When I say that she could have sent the GC as a Trojan Horse, I meant that as if she hadn't told Jaime her plans.  Then it would be a good move.  Otherwise it is stupid.

The actual act of sending the GC North is a good strategic move though.  If the Dead beat the Living then 20,000 GC troops in the south isn't going to be able to save the day anyway.  But if you send them further North and find out they were crushed, that buys a little time to evacuate across the sea.  If the living win, then taking on their depleted forces ASAP is always going to be the correct strategy, rather than give them a chance to recover and gather larger numbers to their cause.

As for timing, that's what scouts are for.

What does that mean exactly?

Arya dies?

If the Humans defeat the dead, how does the NK attack the Golden company? 

The GC shoots a dragon....which one? 

NK takes WF, but the dead are defeated? 

come on man

18 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

What does that mean exactly?

Arya dies?

Gendry is mortally wounded and Arya gives him the gift of mercy. 

3 hours ago, Error-504 said:

so, the GC is rather unceremoniously wiped out in their very first battle? By the NK none the less? 

At this point, why not? Cersei has never been a real threat, just a catalyst for other events to take place. We shall see if any of the episode 3 leaks are true. There haven't been any set leaks indicating the Golden Company is anywhere else but Winterfell. 

Harry Strickland seems to survive since he filmed in the Tyrion trial. Some of Daenerys army survives as well since they were seen at the King's Landing set.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:04 AM, longest night said:

I don't know about any of that. Maybe they were joking? I know the Golden Company will have to pass through the Moat to get north, much like the Vale would have had to, yet nothing is ever mentioned about it. As far as we know, the Boltons still have it.

S5: Brienne and Pod need to go North, from the Riverlands. There's a castle in the distance, which is supposed to be Moat Cailin, in the Bolton hands again Brienne tells Podrick they will just go "around Moat Cailin". It's lampshading.

Tormund and Edd going "around the army of the dead" on their way from last hearth to Winterfell, reminds us of Brienne and Pod going "around Moat Cailin" in s5.

27 minutes ago, longest night said:

At this point, why not? Cersei has never been a real threat, just a catalyst for other events to take place. We shall see if any of the episode 3 leaks are true. There haven't been any set leaks indicating the Golden Company is anywhere else but Winterfell. 

Harry Strickland seems to survive since he filmed in the Tyrion trial. Some of Daenerys army survives as well since they were seen at the King's Landing set.

It's not confirmed that was Harry Strickland... it wasn't an actor in golden armor, but gold clothing. Could be a Dornishman.

Archived