Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, TNTW said:
Hello. Come back to this post after the episode airs next week.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn

This is from reddit. Poster gave previous info which was proven completely accurate. I hope this isn't accurate. Would hate some of this. 

I could see some of that happening in the books, though the context would have to be very different.

It would be somewhat fitting for Jon to have to kill a person he respects/cares about for the greater good. He was supposed to do that to Mance, but the plot got him out that situation before he went through with it. The stakes are higher now, so he might not get out of it with Dany.

That being said, will book Dany actually put the North ahead of her own goals and lose a dragon and most of her army trying to help Jon defend it? I would say that is less certain, especially seeing how there is no NK in the books and an entirely different character is gunning for her dragons.

I don't think they can make it work in the show. It seems like they are pushing hard for a conflict with Sansa, but that doesn't feel justified at all, and it is a bit late to turn Dany truly irredeemably mad. Bran as king also sounds wonky. I can see him staying in the tree and sparking a renewal of the weirwood worship, but king? What's to stop someone from assassinating this cripple king and his council?

Another big point missing here is what happens to Drogon...

2 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

I could see some of that happening in the books, though the context would have to be very different.

It would be somewhat fitting for Jon to have to kill a person he respects/cares about for the greater good. He was supposed to do that to Mance, but the plot got him out that situation before he went through with it. The stakes are higher now, so he might not get out of it with Dany.

That being said, will book Dany actually put the North ahead of her own goals and lose a dragon and most of her army trying to help Jon defend it? I would say that is less certain, especially seeing how there is no NK in the books and an entirely different character is gunning for her dragons.

I don't think they can make it work in the show. It seems like they are pushing hard for a conflict with Sansa, but that doesn't feel justified at all, and it is a bit late to turn Dany truly irredeemably mad. Bran as king also sounds wonky. I can see him staying in the tree and sparking a renewal of the weirwood worship, but king? What's to stop someone from assassinating this cripple king and his council?

Another big point missing here is what happens to Drogon...

Yeah, I could see a lot of this actually happening in show, but some parts make no sense. Bran as king and Jon in a pointless night's watch for example. Jon killing Dany bc of love for his family, I could see in books (3rd betrayal for love), but I don't know about for the show.

25 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

I looked at his reddit-Profil, and he seems to be a completely new user: https://www.reddit.com/user/throwaway5873421

Ugh. My apologies all. This person posted under the comments of the original post, which was made by a person who did have info on first 3 episodes. Used a similar user name, but not the real person. So, fake. I'm relieved lol, but also embarrassed. Sorry everyone!

this was the original post, which was legit:

Using a throwaway.

So a family member worked on set in Ireland for about 6 months and told me a few bits they were involved in. I don't really have a way of proving these things so feel free to not believe me!

Lyanna Mormont becomes a WW - this is maybe 70% as family member isn't the biggest fan of the show so wasn't sure of her name.

Cersi gets killed by Jon Snow - not sure on the circumstances.

Reek gets killed - not sure who by and not confirmed. Possibly while charging to kill the Night King.

Arya kills the Night King, she jumps down from a tree and gets him when he is about to kill Bran 100% unless they filmed another ending somewhere else.

And that's all I've got. These might have been leaked before already, I'm not sure.

Edit - just had it confirmed that when family member said Jon kills the one I hate he meant Dani, not Cersi. So Jon kills Dani, don't know if Cersi dies by Jon.

Edit 2 - OK I didn't really think people would ever come back to this post 4 months later. I've clarified it a few times but my brother was on a different unit so didn't see Jon kill Dany himself but was told about it when it happened by one of his pals who was on that unit. It is entirely possible that it was a false ending that they filmed. This definitely isn't 100% and my brother is useless and doesn't know anymore either, sorry!

32 minutes ago, TNTW said:

Ugh. My apologies all. This person posted under the comments of the original post, which was made by a person who did have info on first 3 episodes. Used a similar user name, but not the real person. So, fake. I'm relieved lol, but also embarrassed. Sorry everyone!

this was the original post, which was legit:

Using a throwaway.

So a family member worked on set in Ireland for about 6 months and told me a few bits they were involved in. I don't really have a way of proving these things so feel free to not believe me!

Lyanna Mormont becomes a WW - this is maybe 70% as family member isn't the biggest fan of the show so wasn't sure of her name.

Cersi gets killed by Jon Snow - not sure on the circumstances.

Reek gets killed - not sure who by and not confirmed. Possibly while charging to kill the Night King.

Arya kills the Night King, she jumps down from a tree and gets him when he is about to kill Bran 100% unless they filmed another ending somewhere else.

And that's all I've got. These might have been leaked before already, I'm not sure.

Edit - just had it confirmed that when family member said Jon kills the one I hate he meant Dani, not Cersi. So Jon kills Dani, don't know if Cersi dies by Jon.

Edit 2 - OK I didn't really think people would ever come back to this post 4 months later. I've clarified it a few times but my brother was on a different unit so didn't see Jon kill Dany himself but was told about it when it happened by one of his pals who was on that unit. It is entirely possible that it was a false ending that they filmed. This definitely isn't 100% and my brother is useless and doesn't know anymore either, sorry!

What kind of asshole calls Theon "Reeks" nowadays?????

The only leak I still believe is true is the Tyrion´s betrayal, simply because D&D love Peter and they will want to give him something in those last three episodes. He had zero part in the main conflict so far, even admitted it himself, and if he just stays Dany´s loyal hand till the end, he will continue be useless. And it even works for the character because Tyrion was clearly sidelined by Jon and he no longer is the ringmaster puppeteering Dany around. It´s clear he is not happy.

Jon killing Dany would be shocking, but I have no idea how they could do that and still keep him as a likeable character. Just this episode Dany risked her life (again) to save him, even after she just discovered he is a threat to her claim. And she sacrificed most of her forces to protect the North and defeat the NK. As for now, she is the hero of the story and turning her into a villain who deserves to be slain by a hero in three episodes is IMO impossible. What worst she can do? Burn KL and all Cersei´s forces? Would Jon truly be against that, especially if it´s probably the only way left to defeat Cersei now, when most of Dany´s forces had been decimated?

1 hour ago, tws1978 said:

The only leak I still believe is true is the Tyrion´s betrayal, simply because D&D love Peter and they will want to give him something in those last three episodes. He had zero part in the main conflict so far, even admitted it himself, and if he just stays Dany´s loyal hand till the end, he will continue be useless. And it even works for the character because Tyrion was clearly sidelined by Jon and he no longer is the ringmaster puppeteering Dany around. It´s clear he is not happy.

Jon killing Dany would be shocking, but I have no idea how they could do that and still keep him as a likeable character. Just this episode Dany risked her life (again) to save him, even after she just discovered he is a threat to her claim. And she sacrificed most of her forces to protect the North and defeat the NK. As for now, she is the hero of the story and turning her into a villain who deserves to be slain by a hero in three episodes is IMO impossible. What worst she can do? Burn KL and all Cersei´s forces? Would Jon truly be against that, especially if it´s probably the only way left to defeat Cersei now, when most of Dany´s forces had been decimated?

I hope you're right. I am a sap, admittedly so. I want a happy ending for Jon and Dany, but I am not expecting one. The only way I can see Jon killing Dany is if he sees what he perceives as proof of her being a legitimate threat to his family. This thing between her and Sansa is not over, imo. Plus whatever is going to happen when others find out about Jon's true parentage may play a significant role.

51 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Tyrion will not die. I thought he would become LC of the NW, but with none left he has to finish up there. He has everything to become king, especially if he kills Cersei.

Remember, whatever the GC is being paid, Tyrion will double it.

The Nk is dead, there is peace between the Wildlings and the north, what purpose does the Nights watch serve? makes no sense. 

Just now, Error-504 said:

The Nk is dead, there is peace between the Wildlings and the north, what purpose does the Nights watch serve? makes no sense. 

By up there I meant in high places: Tyrion becomes king, I don’t see him becoming LC anymore, but higher than that. Varys will back him, out of love, for the realm.

3 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

There appear to be literally NO Wildings left other than Tormund and Gilly. There are literally NO Nights Watch left other than Sam. There are likely barely a few dozen fighting Northmen left. There's certainly no one to patch up the gaping big hole in The Wall! Sansa's going to be just as much a Queen of Ashes in the North as Cercei would be in the South if Kings Landing were torched.

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

There appear to be literally NO Wildings left other than Tormund and Gilly. There are literally NO Nights Watch left other than Sam. There are likely barely a few dozen fighting Northmen left. There's certainly no one to patch up the gaping big hole in The Wall! Sansa's going to be just as much a Queen of Ashes in the North as Cercei would be in the South if Kings Landing were torched.

So your saying the housing market is about to take a huge downturn in Westeros? A castle for everybody!

2 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

So your saying the housing market is about to take a huge downturn in Westeros? A castle for everybody!

You say that - actually it did occur to me that Bronn can take his pick without completing his task.  But yeah, and the surviving peasants can agitate for improved conditions!

15 hours ago, Vaith said:

Nah, don't believe the Dany Villain thing. 

I have heard from various sources who apparently have screen caps, that Tyrion will be responsible for a massive burning of King's Landing and the last episode will involve his trial. Sansa, Arya, Bran, Brienne, Robert Arryn, Davos, Grey Worm, and two new characters. Another shot has Jon walking through the burned streets of King's Landing. Yara has also been filmed in the Dragonpit.

Tyrion will be executed for treason in the last episode and claims that the people of KL deserved to die(?)

Tyrion betrays the Starks. He is put on trial for the burning of King's Landing. Also King's Landing is burned by dragonfire.

33 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

There's actually quite a bit of northerners left, all the ones that didn't answer the call for banners when Jon stepped down as king. The Hornwoods have been casted, so we will see some of them at some point. Manderly wasn't present, and we know Glover outright refused.

1 minute ago, longest night said:

There's actually quite a bit of northerners left, all the ones that didn't answer the call for banners when Jon stepped down as king. The Hornwoods have been casted, so we will see some of them at some point. Manderly wasn't present, and we know Glover outright refused.

Don't you think they were all mopped up by the Army of the Dead, as the Umbers were? Remember, the AofD took their time getting to Winterfell.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Don't you think they were all mopped up by the Army of the Dead, as the Umbers were? Remember, the AofD took their time getting to Winterfell.

Why would we think that? The AotD marched straight from the Wall to Winterfell. The only northern houses in their way were the Umbers and maybe the Karstarks. The Karstarks were already at Winterfell.

Edit: Scratch that, the only house in their way was the Umbers.

Just now, longest night said:

Why would we think that? The AotD marched straight from the Wall to Winterfell. The only northern houses in their way were the Umbers and Karstarks. The Karstarks were already at Winterfell.

We might think that the NK on Viserion would have made short work of them.

Archived