Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

9 minutes ago, longest night said:

Tyrion betrays the Starks. He is put on trial for the burning of King's Landing. Also King's Landing is burned by dragonfire.

What? Is this closure for his brilliant speech at his trial in Season 3 or 4? "But I wish I had!"

On 4/29/2019 at 2:25 PM, TNTW said:

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn

Apart from Jon taking the black again (rather nonsensical) this ending is perfect in its boringness. Bran as king/head of state in the end is a surprise for me that would work, probably despite, or rather because I have never given a single fuck about that boy. GRRM said people would be surprised by who gets the throne/or remants thereof, and if he doesn't want to go the Hot Pie route, then Bran is the next best thing.

In other potential leaks: "Mad Dany" or "Mad Tyrion" ... decisions, decisions. :dunno:

3 hours ago, ambi76 said:

Apart from Jon taking the black again (rather nonsensical) this ending is perfect in its boringness. Bran as king/head of state in the end is a surprise for me that would work, probably despite, or rather because I have never given a single fuck about that boy. GRRM said people would be surprised by who gets the throne/or remants thereof, and if he doesn't want to go the Hot Pie route, then Bran is the next best thing.

In other potential leaks: "Mad Dany" or "Mad Tyrion" ... decisions, decisions. :dunno:

Lol, so true.

I have been watching a lot of post production cast interviews and I believe Nikolaj and Gwendoline actually let a couple of spoilers out unintentionally. They were goofing off, having fun, but a couple of offhand comments caught my attention.

NCW Saying Jaime is a great guy, he saved the world, and in another comment, that Jaime saved a million people from dying (or burning) can't remember exact wording. So, if that was a true slip up.... Saved the people of KL? From who? Dany, her dragon\dragons, Tyrion, or Cersei?

And GC saying she wishes Brienne and Tormund would have gotten together much earlier. My mind is now churning, wondering.....

19 minutes ago, TNTW said:

Lol, so true.

I have been watching a lot of post production cast interviews and I believe Nikolaj and Gwendoline actually let a couple of spoilers out unintentionally. They were goofing off, having fun, but a couple of offhand comments caught my attention.

NCW Saying Jaime is a great guy, he saved the world, and in another comment, that Jaime saved a million people from dying (or burning) can't remember exact wording. So, if that was a true slip up.... Saved the people of KL? From who? Dany, her dragon\dragons, Tyrion, or Cersei?

And GC saying she wishes Brienne and Tormund would have gotten together much earlier. My mind is now churning, wondering.....

NCW could just be talking about past Jaime and killling Aerys here. Gwen's slip about Tormund is more interesting, it maybe means that the leaks about Jaime going back to Cersei's side (if only to die with her :rolleyes:) are true.

A problem with Bran as king in the end is, that he's all of ten in the books. Well, maybe that lost time-jump GRRM is always handwringing about does happen in the last two books after all.

31 minutes ago, TNTW said:

Lol, so true.

I don't see any spoilers there. NCW is referring to his kingslaying before the first episode when he prevented Aerys killing everyone in KL with wildfire.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I don't see any spoilers there. NCW is referring to his kingslaying before the first episode when he prevented Aerys killing everyone in KL with wildfire.

Oh, you're probably right. I guess bc they were discussing season 8, I just kinda blocked that out lol.

2 minutes ago, ambi76 said:

Bran as king in the end

It's possible the outcome of "The Long Night" is his weirwood wifi is permanently disconnected and he's fully human again, but if that appalling outcome doesn't happen, Bran must remain (a) totally unworldly, and (b) in the North where there are still weirwoods. That most likely means in Winterfell by its Heart Tree, or less likely beyond the Wall either at the weirwood where the NK was created or where the 3ER died.

5 hours ago, ambi76 said:

Jon taking the black again (rather nonsensical)

Indeed. There's no more Castle Black, no Watchers. The Dead are gone, etc.

Unless, like cicadas, they left some eggs under the snow to grow into new WW or something in another thousand years?  

Gads, what bad, bad, bad composition.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:50 AM, TNTW said:

Lol, so true.

23 hours ago, Red Dragon10 said:

Noooooooo!  Not Brienne/Tormund! Ugh. 

I wonder if that Gwen quote is in reference to finally sharing a real scene with Tormund the night before the battle at WF?  It could just be that?  I love Nik and Gwen interviews though, they are great together. 

35 minutes ago, BadAssRobinArryn said:

Several actors (including Emilia Clarke) claimed that they did. That's all we can say for sure.

I don't believe it at all. It would be too expensive for an unknown result. I think they say that in the hope of discrediting the leaks, probably at HBO's request.

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

I don't believe it at all. It would be too expensive for an unknown result. I think they say that in the hope of discrediting the leaks, probably at HBO's request.

It depends on which scenes we are talking about.

If it is dialogue scenes it shouldn t be expensive...

12 hours ago, TNTW said:

Did, or did not, HBO actually film multiple endings? I have read it both ways. Really curious about which is accurate.

Yes, 3 different ones: the bad, the worse, and the ugly. :P

9 hours ago, longest night said:

The siege and complete burning of Winterfell is still incoming.

https://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Untitled-768x400.png

If this really is a thing, and the rumors that Tyrion betrays the Starks is true.... Could this be how? Maybe Starks don't want to go south, and Tyrion forces their hand by decimating Winterfell somehow? He is later found out, and thus tried for betraying the Starks? IDk lol. Trying to make sense of anything is probably pointless.

Archived