Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

9 hours ago, TNTW said:

I recommend going to reddit, freefolk sub. Search leaks. Some plausible leaks there, tho far from certain. Several seem to have had bits and pieces of story, but none seem to have it all. By HBO design, imo, would be smart to not let nonessential personnel have access to all.

When I went to reddit earlier today, somebody had collected all the leaks, put them in some kind of order, then discussed which seemed most likely.  I did not have to search hard to find this.

5 hours ago, alienarea said:

- Jon kills Daenerys because ???

When I read the spoilers, it seemed to imply that Dany is furious about Missendei's death and is determined to burn every last person in Kings Landing.  Nobody can reason with her, and Jon feels he has to kill her to save the small folk.  Does this mean we get LightBringer?  

6 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

When I read the spoilers, it seemed to imply that Dany is furious about Missendei's death and is determined to burn every last person in Kings Landing.  Nobody can reason with her, and Jon feels he has to kill her to save the small folk.  Does this mean we get LightBringer?  

This seems far fetched to me.  But who knows.

7 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I would laugh if they went with a Lightbringer sacrifice without actually having Lightbringer.

2 minutes ago, longest night said:

I would laugh if they went with a Lightbringer sacrifice without actually having Lightbringer.

No WW threat, no NK, no AotD, no Lightbringer, but sure, let’s have us some Nissa Nissa, cuz why the hell not. So ludicrous it might just happen. That’s GoT for you. :lol:

34 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

How can they possibly run out of food now that there are 100,000 dead Dothraki? That should go a long way.

Not sure 100,000 human and horse zombie corpses are that tasty. Will need to be barbequed first anyway.

So leaks from 4 months ago no one believed because it was ridiculous at the time revealed the Arya would jump down from a tree and kill the Night King right before he kills Bran, Lyanna Mormont would become a wight, Theon gets killed while charging the Night King. Confirmed by /r/freefolk moderators of the edit time stamps before the episode 3 aired.

Other information it provides: Jon kills Daenerys

https://imgur.com/a/wFgaYc

Another leak from 9 months ago originating from a VFX artist leaked how blue flame was coming out of Viserion 's kneck from it being injured. He thought Jon Snow killed the dragon which makes sense since he squared off against it [reees at it] and it collapsed.

Other information he provided was .

• People are furious at Daenerys after she wins King's Landing,
  • Jon 'finally sees Arya' after Jaime and Cersei die.
  •  Tyrion throws his Hand of the King pin down and is arrested.
  • Missandei was beheaded by the Mountain.
  • Daenerys is killed by Jon Snow (says likely stabbed) and then she touches the throne. He isn't exactly show how it goes down as he didn't see it, but saw the aftermath. He assumes she was killed by Jon based on the scenes he could see.
  • Drogon comes into throne room and carries off Daenerys's body.

https://imgur.com/a/D6ClNlR

1 hour ago, longest night said:

So leaks from 4 months ago no one believed because it was ridiculous at the time revealed the Arya would jump down from a tree and kill the Night King right before he kills Bran, Lyanna Mormont would become a wight, Theon gets killed while charging the Night King. Confirmed by /r/freefolk moderators of the edit time stamps before the episode 3 aired.

Another leak from 9 months ago originating from a VFX artist leaked how blue flame was coming out of Viserion 's kneck from it being injured. He thought Jon Snow killed the dragon which makes sense since he squared off against it [reees at it] and it collapsed.

• Daenerys is killed by Jon Snow (says likely stabbed) and then she touches the throne. He isn't exactly show how it goes down as he didn't see it, but saw the aftermath. He assumes she was killed by Jon based on the scenes he could see.

Why would Tyrion be arrested for throwing his had of the King pin down, if Jon actually kills Dany? 

8 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Why would Tyrion be arrested for throwing his had of the King pin down, if Jon actually kills Dany? 

Friki says he's put on trial and executed for the burning of King's Landing. He also betrays the Starks. We aren't really sure what leads up to any of it, just the bits and pieces.

42 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

You already know the answer: we wanted it to happen because creatively it made sense.

2 hours ago, longest night said:

If everybody is angry at Dany and she loses all her allies she wouldn´t need to be stabbed, just imprisoned. She is not even a rightfull queen and most of her army is already gone. It just seems very against Jon´s character that he would just murder her in coldblood even if she does go crazy. She still helped to save the Winterfell and the world, she definitely deserves some mercy.

And the scene sounds so melodramatic, exactly how I would imagine a fake ending to be. 

Besides, this would also mean Tyrion betrays Dany, not the Starks. So it goes against what Friki said.

24 minutes ago, tws1978 said:

If everybody is angry at Dany and she loses all her allies she wouldn´t need to be stabbed, just imprisoned. She is not even a rightfull queen and most of her army is already gone. It just seems very against Jon´s character that he would just murder her in coldblood even if she does go crazy. She still helped to save the Winterfell and the world, she definitely deserves some mercy.

And the scene sounds so melodramatic, exactly how I would imagine a fake ending to be. 

Besides, this would also mean Tyrion betrays Dany, not the Starks. So it goes against what Friki said.

It's from a VFX designer. They don't render special effects for fake endings. The leak confirms Tyrion is arrested.

37 minutes ago, longest night said:

There's an old set leak of the Hound and unsullied fighting each other in Winterfell.

https://wikiofthrones.com/14655/video-kings-landing-set-belfast-spoiler-winterfell-set/

I am wondering if those other set leaks of people in armor sieging Winterfell isn't the Golden Company as we suspected, but unsullied.

That could be the resurrected unsullied?

I think that afraidparts leaks are the best ones.  But he doesn't have sound in the scenes he saw and is missing chunks, so it's possible that he simply misinterpreted what is going on in some scenes (like he thought Jon killed Viserion because the dragon dropped dead while Jon was next to it, an easy mistake to make if you lack sound and are missing scenes). 

So I see two scenarios for E5 based on afraid's leaks:

1)  Dany really does go berserk after Rhaegal and Missandei's deaths.  Tyrion throws his pin down in disgust because she's about to unleash a wave of destruction on KL.  Jon eventually puts her down....words cannot describe how I much I would detest this ending.  This entire story would be ruined for me.  I couldn't even bring myself to read Winds if it ever came out knowing the story is heading to this awful place.  

2)  Cersei captures Jon Snow somehow (maybe when she kills Rhaegal, which is also part of the leak).  Dany does something reckless to save him:  Meet with Cersei.  Tyrion throws his pin down in disgust, Cersei will clearly kill her.  Dany locks both Tyrion and Drogon up to prevent them from interfering.  There was a scene from the trailer where Drogon looked to be in a very dark room, which gives me some hope Dany locks him up instead of unleashing him.  Dany meets with Cersei and, predictably, Cersei poisons Dany with the Long Farewell.  Skin contact is all one needs for that poison to work.

Here is Tyrion's treason:  He gets out of his cell (Varys) and frees Drogon (like he once did Rhaegal and Viserion).  Tyrion is the treason for love.  He lets a dragon loose on KL to save Dany from Cersei.  He finally is the "monster" everyone in KL thought him to be.  Enough "poison" for all of them...he'd trade his life to see it.  

Drogon senses his Mother is dying and goes absolutely ballistic.  He burns everything in his path to her, including civilians.  Eventually a poisoned Dany makes her way to the Throne Room, she sees Jon Snow (probably freed from the dungeons by Arya in a S1 Ned parallel), then she starts bleeding like Myrcella once did.  The angry people storming the Red Keep are actually trying to save Dany, not kill her like the leaker concluded. 

Drogon literally rips the roof off the Red Keep, melts the Iron Throne and flies away with Dany's corpse.  This would explain why Drogon doesn't kill Jon Snow too (Drogon leaving Jon alone after he stabbed Dany makes absolutely no sense to me if we get version 1).  I think this scenario also better explains why Dany would even be on the ground at all instead of mounted on Drogon if she was willfully unleashing him on the city.   

The Long Farewell has a cure...so maybe Dany can live, IDK, but I think Drogon will die from the wounds he receives (like his namesake) while attacking KL.  He will probably be hit by several scorpion bolts.  Dragons and WWs both die out in this story. 

All those spiral/alpha/omega symbols of both ice and fire the show has given us, and Bran's visions?  They were pointing towards the theme that the Dragons were just as dangerous to humanity as the WWs.  For different reasons, they will have unleashed a similar amount of devastation on Westeros by the end. 

I'm desperately hoping scenario 2 is the real one, because I find it far more true the themes of the books.  Dany saw herself as Rhaegar in one dream sequence, she's been targeted by poisoning several times, she's always trying to be a rescuer...it makes far more sense to me that she would die for love rather than go Mad Queen.

I also think it fits better with some things GRRM has said in interviews.  To him, Ice is cold inhumanity, revenge (the show NK).  Fire is passion, love (Dany, Drogon and even Tyrion in scenario 2).  He's also brought up the Robert Frost poem which says Fire and Ice are both capable of destroying the world.  

Archived