Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It doesn’t. Nothing is nothing on this show. Love Arya to pieces, but the fact that the D’s either didn’t know how their own NK died/ended as of just three years ago-or they made an asspull and switched  it to Arya just in time for S7 (ignoring 6 seasons) shows nothing means nothing. 

Aparently there is a new leaker that makes jon being a targ relevant.

BBut also says some weird shit...

Just now, Xemi said:

Jon surrendered to Cersei for some reason, apparently. Hey, it's show Jon, aka the dumbest MF in Westeros, I can totally believe it.

Ok maybe it is their plan to make cersei come to them so that someone kills her? 

like jon is bait? It could work...

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It doesn’t. Nothing is nothing on this show. Love Arya to pieces, but the fact that the D’s either didn’t know how their own NK died/ended as of just three years ago-or they made an asspull and switched  it to Arya just in time for S7 (ignoring 6 seasons) shows nothing means nothing. 

I have excused this show very long, but if the leaks turn out to be true, they will even contradict what they have set up themself. In season 8 it is mentioned in every episode, that Jon is the reightfull heir. The last sentences from Season 7 are about Jon being the reightfull heir. Even the casual watchers have now realised who Rhaegar and Lyanna are. In the second episode Jon and Danny had a conversation about it. I mean, this would be stupid beyond anything anyone has ever written.

2 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Hang on, why isn’t Bran skinchanging ravens, cats and dogs by the hundreds and eavesdropping on every secret plan Cersei and  Euron comes up with?

The position, manpower and capability of every army and ship in Cersei’s arsenal should be known to the good guys long before Dany flies into a hail of heat seeking ballista bolts without warning.

There is really no way Cersei could surprise Dany with those ballistae if the good guys had just half a brain between them.

A combo between bran and arya could certainly kill cersei and euron without manny probs...

8 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Well to be fair, the Show elevated her to far greater significance than she has in the books, just like they did with a bunch of other nobodies. I doubt she will be the trigger for Mad Daenerys in the books. 

Missandei is important to Dany in the books. She gives the order to have the wineshop owner’s daughters tortured in front of him when one of Missandei’s brothers die in an ambush. Of course, the trigger for her giving the order was when she heard the harpist was one of the dead. Nonetheless, Missandei’s death could trigger Dany as she’s very fond of her in the books, but like you said many other things could happen to propel Dany into full blown rage in the books. Something like Aegon’s elevation to King could be a catalyst or the betrayal of someone close.

2 minutes ago, divica said:

Ok maybe it is their plan to make cersei come to them so that someone kills her? 

like jon is bait? It could work...

Maybe they tell Cersei that he's Rhaegar's son since she was all up Rhaegar's ass in the past? I dunno, at this point nothing from Dumb&Dumber would surprise me, they threw all logic out of the window a while ago.

1 minute ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Please share

it is in the previous page

And I admit, these leaks are much nicer than anything I have heard so far. Even give hope that rhaegal is just seriously injured (thoug he is probably dead =( )

2 minutes ago, divica said:

it is in the previous page

And I admit, these leaks are much nicer than anything I have heard so far. Even give hope that rhaegal is just seriously injured (thoug he is probably dead =( )

Rhaegal is definitely dead, especially after that neck shot.  He got it even worse than Viserion.

I’m beginning to suspect that some of the leaks is just HBO muddying the pool. Someone found a leak with Arya killing the NK that was posted 3 months ago and put it up on Reddit and that poster had other info as well. HBO freaked out that the ending was spoiled and got started on their disinformation campaign. 

14 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Well to be fair, the Show elevated her to far greater significance than she has in the books, just like they did with a bunch of other nobodies. I doubt she will be the trigger for Mad Daenerys in the books. 

If anyone is going set Dany on a dark path, I think it will be Mellario of Norvos. I've been predicting for a long time that she will have a part to play in the story, as that would truly make the Dornish plot lines click. She will do something horrible to Dany in revenge for Quentin's death (killing Missandei sounds just about right), and Dany will sack and/or burn Norvos to the ground in retaliation (perhaps killing more people than she had intended).

Mad Queen Dany would work a lot better if it starts early and builds up gradually instead of happening on the last leg of the story because the writers wanted it to happen.

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Missandei is important to Dany in the books. She gives the order to have the wineshop owner’s daughters tortured in front of him when one of Missandei’s brothers die in an ambush. Of course, the trigger for her giving the order was when she heard the harpist was one of the dead. Nonetheless, Missandei’s death could trigger Dany as she’s very fond of her in the books, but like you said many other things could happen to propel Dany into full blown rage in the books. Something like Aegon’s elevation to King could be a catalyst or the betrayal of someone close.

killing missandei could trigger danny to just conquering KL without caring about the consequeces.

What I fail to see is how she becomes so mad that jon would have to kill her because she was avenging her friend...

The only way we could have the mad danny scenarios is if the lords of westeros just refuse to bend the knee to her and se decides she will just burn them all until people start calling her queen. However after years of cersei's reign I have no idea who would be against danny...

49 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Sure you never truly believed that the numbering of the Lords Commander was really going to peter out just shy of an even thousand, did you? There would have been no reason to peg Jeor Mormont at the 997ᵗʰ if this weren’t intended to be an omen with a guaranteed payoff.

When Jon was elected the 998ᵗʰ Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch with Mormont’s raven croaking about corn kings in the background, you couldn’t help but imagine some sort of Arthurian “rex quondam rexque futurus” effect bringing Jon back from the dead for the Lord Commander’s millennial mantle, the thousandth of his name.

One man in a thousand, Solomon says,
Will stick more close than a brother.
But the Thousandth Man will stay by your side
To the gallows’ foot, and after.

Aww, this just gave me a nostalgic thrill for the ole Corn Code threads.  Also for Mormont's raven, I loved him. 

42 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

There is a post on freefolk that is apparently a written summary of the episode from the facebook group (I don't know why they aren't just uploading it).  Their English is extremely broken (I mean it's really bad), but from what it sounds like, yeah...Dany tries to negotiate even after Rhaegal is killed.  Cersei is deliberately trying to bait her into snapping.  There is definitely some kind of wild fire trap going on imo.  

The cunning commander knows to exploit her opponent’s psychological weaknesses, of which Dany has several that she wears on her sleeve: a fiery temper easily triggered, a relentless allegiance to those she counts as her own, and an unshakable belief that she is the rightful ruler of a Westeros as if by divine right.

Remember that “Qyburn has other plans for the Targaryen girl.” You don’t have to be a Maester with rings of silver and lead and Valyrian steel, a Master of Whisperers, or the Hand of the Queen to be able to use her own obvious weaknesses against her, but being all three of those makes it all the easier.

Dany is up against more than her match; she’ll never have seen any of this coming, even though a wise enough advisor should have. It’s mere child’s play for Qyburn to tug on Dany’s strings like some macabre marionette twisting helplessly in the fires of her own self-immolation. She acts rashly and without thought of the consequences of those actions, all because she’s certain she’s right. She doesn’t coolly examine all the possibilities of the civasse game that she doesn’t even know that she’s playing.

But if Dany is the epitome of the fiery and emotional personality in her own song of fire, who then is her polar opposite? Who is the epitome of the cool and unemotional personality?

That isn’t Jon, for his is the song of ice and fire come together.

It’s Bran of course, the one so cool as to reveal no emotions at all. Bran will be the one to make the most devastating of tactical choices in the furtherance of his side’s strategic goals. And unlike Dany or even Jon, he will do so without any emotional involvement clouding his judgement. Bran will do what must be done in a great twist few here are expecting. 

Consulting no one but his own memories, Bran will pass a death sentence, and and just as he was taught by Ned, his will be the (metaphorical) hand carrying out the many, many, many deaths which that coolly delivered judgement requires.  Finally, as only he alone can do, he will look upon each doomed soul in the spiritual eye when he executes multitudes, and he alone will carry that burden.

3 minutes ago, teej6 said:

that poster had other info as well.

That poster only said that Jon killed Dany, he didn't provide anything else like Rhaegal getting killed by Euron or Missandei executed.

7 minutes ago, divica said:

killing missandei could trigger danny to just conquering KL without caring about the consequeces.

What I fail to see is how she becomes so mad that jon would have to kill her because she was avenging her friend...

The only way we could have the mad danny scenarios is if the lords of westeros just refuse to bend the knee to her and se decides she will just burn them all until people start calling her queen. However after years of cersei's reign I have no idea who would be against danny...

Yeah, if the leaks about Missandei going as an emissary are true, there’s no need for Jon to kill Dany. Even his moral code can forgive Dany for her anger and need for vengeance. Unless they show her burning the small folk in their homes, I see no reasonable explanation for Jon to kill her.

10 minutes ago, divica said:

Three betrayals she will know.

One for blood - Mirri Maz Duur’s vengeance

One for gold - Jorah’s spying for Varys

One for love - That has to be the climactic one, presumably being Jon. What does Jon love so much that he would kill Dany for it? Figure that out and you may have your answer.

Archived