Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, let me ask you, did you like the totally out of left field, but unpredictable Arya killing the NK?  

Yes, Jamie & Cersei dying together is not shocking, because it has been predicted and foreshadowed forever, to me that doesn't make it bad, some things are inevitable, as long as the story is good and the build up is good.  I'd much rather have something that feels organic and authentic than a crazy shocking moment, like Sansa kills her or something bizarre like that.

Yeah, Jaime and Cersei is predictable because it's the thing that makes sense considering how the story has built things up in that direction. So, being predictable isn't a bad thing in this case.

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I actually always have thought Tyrion or Jaime are the only choices.  I lean different ways to which of her little brothers at different times.  Cersei's actions are the ones that have caused most of her prophecies to come true, so why not making it come true that she is killed by her little brother Tyrion as she has always feared.  Of course, Jaime also fits as a little brother, the one she's never worried about.  I think either works perfectly.  Some days I want it to be Tyrion, some days Jaime. 

Yeah I also always felt that Cersei was making her prophecy actually happen while focusing on it entirely and with her paranoia trying to prevent it. Mel does something similar with her shadowbaby to kill Renly, only to have his "ghost" appear at the Battle of the Blackwater.

22 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Yeah, I posted it a few pages back. I think that's the most credible leak so far, though it says Tyrion's trial/death doesn't happen and Friki's pretty legit usually, so who knows.

Correct me if Im wrong but based on times this leak had Missandre getting killed, Rhaegal getting shot and the Jamie/Brienne sex scene before the clips of future eps were leaked. So maybe is this more accurate.

Loads of differences is the other leak like Jamies arc but line in this about direwolves. Ghost is given away in other leak, this sounds like he could be still around and has a big scene (unless it's Nymeria).

Most intriguing line in this leak is the NK arc isn't over? Is that just down to Sam finding who it was or do we get more NK story because no leaks have NK scenes in them.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, the whole thing sounds pretty weird as fuck, I had read those leaks yesterday and thought they were fake, but then today, the clips for three of them, which I think that Dany is killed by Jon comes from the same leakers, so that makes it more believable.  It seems like these are probably all from ep. 4 though, as that's how the previous leaks have gone, someone gets the episode the day of airing and leaks are finally validated, same way as for eps 1-3.

But it is so weird to kill rhaegal mid episode and missandei in the end when the episode starts with them mourning the dead...

Besides the fact that after rhaegal nobody cares about missandei. To me at least feels flat. And that killing a dragon before the war even beguins is super weird. They are danny's only chance of conquering KL… without dragons how can she do it? And if the can do it in a boat why shouldn t they be able to kill drogon using the wepons in KL? 

On the other hand they seem ready to atack KL on foot in missandei's death scene...

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, the whole thing sounds pretty weird as fuck, I had read those leaks yesterday and thought they were fake, but then today, the clips for three of them, which I think that Dany is killed by Jon comes from the same leakers, so that makes it more believable.  It seems like these are probably all from ep. 4 though, as that's how the previous leaks have gone, someone gets the episode the day of airing and leaks are finally validated, same way as for eps 1-3.

It's a mess. There were legitimate leaks, and now there are a bunch of fake leaks with contradicting information included with the legitimate leak information. We know some things are absolute, and other things are likely, and then there's a whole mess of stuff that just seems like bad fan fiction.

5 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

That leaker didn't lie when he said that the only people who would be happy with the ending would be Sansa's stans lmao

Why would they be happy? I haven't seen any credible leaks saying she's queen or anything like that.

5 minutes ago, NickBD said:

Correct me if Im wrong but based on times this leak had Missandre getting killed, Rhaegal getting shot and the Jamie/Brienne sex scene before the clips of future eps were leaked. So maybe is this more accurate.

Loads of differences is the other leak like Jamies arc but line in this about direwolves. Ghost is given away in other leak, this sounds like he could be still around and has a big scene (unless it's Nymeria).

Most intriguing line in this leak is the NK arc isn't over? Is that just down to Sam finding who it was or do we get more NK story because no leaks have NK scenes in them.

The other leaks IMO don't make sense, Jaime betraying everyone and going back to Cersei after all his character development, really? If that happens I'm legit done with ASOIAF, both books and show. Jaime going to Cersei in order to set up the end of her reign, OTOH, sounds plausible enough.

No idea how the WW thing will end up, the leaker didn't say anything else about that. People speculate that maybe Jon or Bran become the new NK, but who knows.

Just now, Leticia Stark said:

Well, with a ruling council or Bran being King, in both cases she'll be Queen in the North like they always wanted.

Bran as the king would be the most stupid thing I have ever seen.

I would support any campaign to erase s8 from record. Like it was never made...

2 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

Well, with a ruling council or Bran being King, in both cases she'll be Queen in the North like they always wanted.

Lol, Bran being King is a faker leak than Bronn being King.

5 minutes ago, Vaith said:

I mean what the show has done at least makes it an odd choice, and one that I'm not really obligated to give it credit for as Martin's work. I'm not sure why show Euron just didn't kill Cersei and take the throne with his entire fleet station in King's Landing while the Lannister army was away in the Reach. Show Euron has nothing eldritch about him, and so many things have already been warped with the Greyjoys. At this point I am only going to take a few things as given if Benioff & Weiss come out and say the idea was from Martin.

I'm sorry, but the writing is on the wall for Euron and Cersei. Just from the notes I took so far on my AFFC re-read (cba to look up the actual quotes):

• When she enlists Qyburn, he tells her that in a sellsword company those who don't hold their tongue don't keep it for long. Cersei replies that this is true in her company as well, which would resonate nicely with her becoming associated with Euron and his mutes later on. - Cersei II
  • At some point, someone makes a comment about the weather at Tywin's funeral (I think?), and Cersei thinks that she wants "a storm to match her rage". Euron, of course, keeps claiming that he is the storm. - Cersei III
  • Cersei decides that she needs a new fleet, and when the ironborn are brought up she says that she "doesn't propose to climb in bed with that sorry pack of squids", which is ironic foreshadowing that this is exactly what she'll do. - Cersei IV
  • Cersei dreams that she will marry a dragon rider, which Euron is likely to become considering his valyrian armor, dragon horn and plan to steal a dragon or two from Dany - Cersei V
  • Victarion says that he "would give half his teeth" to meet Jaime or Loras in battle, which could be foreshadowing that he will indeed fight either one of them (and get his teeth kicked in). This should be a hint that he'll make it back from Slaver's Bay. - The Reaver
  • Cersei is fantasizing about the ironborn sinking the Tyrells' river fleet and drowning their soldiers. - Cersei VII
  • Cersei wonders if Taena dreams of her dangerous dark-haired lover with a scar who would not be refused. She seems to find that kind of man appealing. - Cersei VII
  • Cersei makes a comment about tearing out Margery's tongue and Tommen complains that "he is the king, and he gets to say who gets their tongue torn out". Again, makes you imagine someone might gain control over King's Landing who actually does stuff like that, I wonder who. :P - Cersei VIII
  • Cersei has her dream about Maggy the Frog, and in that dream she has no tongue herself. This may well become reality at some point if she allies herself with Euron.

On top of that, there are pieces on the table that seem to set this alliance up:

• Aurane Waters stole Cersei's fleet; Euron can capture him and deliver him as a gift.
  • Dorne is in Euron's way as well, he may descend upon the Water Gardens and kidnap Myrcella to bring her back to Cersei (dead or alive).
  • Euron never attacked the Westerlands, which should be a big red flag.
  • Falia Flowers is perfect foreshadowing for Cersei; she foolishly believes that Euron loves her because he helps her humiliate her rivals.
  • With Aurane gone and the Redwyne fleet sunk, Cersei will have no navy. Euron can offer her one.
  • It would be in Euron's interest to take over King's Landing with no casualties even if his ultimate goal is to marry Danny. He'll butter up Cersei while he fills the city with his men and afterwards he can do whatever he wants.

9 minutes ago, NickBD said:

Maybe Dany becomes the new Night Queen :dunno:

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

I read a possible spoiler about Sansa meeting with the Iron Bank.  Maybe she gets the GC to break their contract and switch sides.   That would be a twist.

that would be interesting. No idea under whose authority she meets the IB, but it would be interesting...

They could even have some characters within the GC act as targ loyalists that hate the boratheons and therefore want to switch sides...

But no leak really says anything about their role in upcoming war besides they are killed or switch sides...

4 minutes ago, Sheiraseastar23 said:

Get torched by Drogon apparently.

I don t understand that.

Aparently euron kills rhaegal, attacks danny fleet, kidnaps missandei and escapes.

Then 20 000 men can t use several of the weapons euron used to kill drogon? It sounds stupid as fuck...

49 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

Cersei is just a regent,

A regent is:

a person appointed to administer a country because the monarch is a minor or is absent [meaning out of the country at a war or on crusade, something of that nature] or incapacitated

Who is she regent for then, if she's regent?   There are no living childv heirs of Robert or any other king, so far as anyone knows -- only, as far as anyone knows, Daenerys.

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

A regent is:

Who is she regent for then, if she's regent?   There are no living childv heirs of Robert or any other king, so far as anyone knows -- only, as far as anyone knows, Daenerys.

I think he was talking about the books.

Archived