Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Looking more and more like most of the leaks are true with that recap. Certainly lokks like Varys is going to betray Dany. Im guessing Dany probably captures Jaime early in episode 5 then.

1 minute ago, divica said:

LOST was big, but GOT is much bigger in modern times.

And nobody denies that the creators of LOST knew how to write a story. For D&D people are acusing them of being bad writers for years and now they do this season.

I just can t see how someone saying that D&D are responsible for a project can be good for that project. Who would say "If D&D are doing this then I will watch?"

Everyone one out there, except bookfans.

3 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm not sure if you are just going by what the fans on sites like this one are saying, or what, but overall for the average viewer, it seems like people are liking the season and thought episode 3 was one of the best ever. :dunno:  I don't get it either, but I'm not sure that the great climax of the series was a 'huge failure' in average Joe's eyes.  Or the critics eyes, judging by reviews.  So even if everyone here hates the rest of the season, I highly doubt that season 8 of GoT will be remembered as a failure by the masses. 

I read a number of very mediocre reviews where the critics were clearly disappointed.  Not too many scathing reviews, but a few of those as well.  Along with a few of the typical best ever.  

1 minute ago, T and A said:

Everyone one out there, except bookfans.

Except that I look at reddit, at youtube, imdb, here or even rotten tomatoes and the episode is one of the worst scored in the series...

7 minutes ago, Nami said:

I doubt Tormund will show up again, or Ghost. Remember we only have 3 episodes left and Jon is going to the south isn't he?.

Good.  At least Ghost is alive, even though its' of course ridiculous that Jon would 'give' Ghost to Tormund instead of one of his Stark cousins, or why he's even giving him away at all. 

Well at rotten tomaties s08e03 doesn't even manage to get 80% rating. It's in the 70s% Sure overall that's a good rating in comparison to a lot of movies and series, but it's one of the lowest ratings out there. I'd say epi 3 was a failure, as in not meeting the anticipated results. And there have been show-haters since s5, who were book readers, and epis would still manage to get in the 80 or 90% rating. So, it's not only book readers I imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I read a number of very mediocre reviews where the critics were clearly disappointed.  Not too many scathing reviews, but a few of those as well.  Along with a few of the typical best ever.  

I'm just going off rotten tomatoes - according to that, it's "73% fresh".  The season as a whole so far is sitting at 84%.  So still pretty positive.. and certainly not the 'huge failure' that divica was saying (critically). 

Just now, divica said:

Except that I look at reddit, at youtube, imdb, here or even rotten tomatoes and the episode is one of the worst scored in the series...

On Rotten it has a 75% aproval. Count out the angry book fans, and you know how the casual fan feels. In imdb it has a phenomenal rating of 8.6 out of 10. 

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

No matter where we look in average there are almost as many people liking the ep and hating it. For something that should be huge means it was a failure… And if the rest of the episodes keep going this way as it appears with the leaks then I don t know where this negativity will end...

24 minutes ago, T and A said:

They get hate from bookfans. They don't get hate by casual fans. They pretty much praise the new season. Numbers are all Hollywood cares. Quality is not i protent unfortunatly.

I think the Battle of Winterfell has been turning critical and casual opinion to “underwhelming” and these next few eps are too crazy for even most casuals imho

3 minutes ago, divica said:

LOST was big, but GOT is much bigger in modern times.

And nobody denies that the creators of LOST knew how to write a story. For D&D people are acusing them of being bad writers for years and now they do this season.

I just can t see how someone saying that D&D are responsible for a project can be good for that project. Who would say "If D&D are doing this then I will watch?"

But it was still a big show, imo it's one of the biggest shows ever. If it had social media it's would be a good second only to GOT. 

I don't know the guys who did Lost get similar criticism to D&D. Making it up as they go along I remember was the term something D&D get. Many didn't like how Lost ended and all the big creators still got big jobs.   

1 minute ago, T and A said:

On Rotten it has a 75% aproval. Count out the angry book fans, and you know how the casual fan feels. In imdb it has a phenomenal rating of 8.6 out of 10. 

But the angry book fans are been present for years and the episodes had a higher rate… For this episode not being in the top of got episodes is a huge failure.

2 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I'm just going off rotten tomatoes - according to that, it's "73% fresh".  The season as a whole so far is sitting at 84%.  So still pretty positive.. 

But it is lower than previous seasons… Ang GOT won t sudenly have awful ratings because they have the support of thousands of people that vote 10 because yes...

4 minutes ago, divica said:

No matter where we look in average there are almost as many people liking the ep and hating it. For something that should be huge means it was a failure… And if the rest of the episodes keep going this way as it appears with the leaks then I don t know where this negativity will end...

An 8.6 on imdb and a 75% on Rotten is NOT in "average almost as people liking the ep and hating it".

2 minutes ago, Vaith said:

I think the Battle of Winterfell has been turning critical and casual opinion to “underwhelming” and these next few eps are too crazy for even most casuals imho

If the leak about Dany is true, that will turn a fairly large number of casual viewers against the show, and I can't blame them.  Following the badass dragon queen for 8 years only to have her fall apart in the space of 2 or 3 episodes, would be not very well received.  If that's a fake leak, then we have to wait and see how bad the ending is to determine how harmful.

2 minutes ago, Vaith said:

that is what I am saying. Last ep angered a lot of people that loved the series. With the leaks we know so far I don t see how it won t get even worse… 

3 minutes ago, NickBD said:

But it was still a big show, imo it's one of the biggest shows ever. If it had social media it's would be a good second only to GOT. 

I don't know the guys who did Lost get similar criticism to D&D. Making it up as they go along I remember was the term something D&D get. Many didn't like how Lost ended and all the big creators still got big jobs.   

To me the response to LOST was similar to the response to final episode of "how I met your mother". Even if people didn t like it they don t think that the series doesn t make sense or that it was a disapointment. They just didn t like the final episode…

Just now, Cas Stark said:

If the leak about Dany is true, that will turn a fairly large number of casual viewers against the show, and I can't blame them.  Following the badass dragon queen for 8 years only to have her fall apart in the space of 2 or 3 episodes, would be not very well received.  If that's a fake leak, then we have to wait and see how bad the ending is to determine how harmful.

I wouldnt say that. Theres been clues of her possible madness over and over again in both the shows and the books. She is in no way a good person. 

Whether is is crucifying 163 former slave owners, killing a noble by dragon fire to make a point, killing Sam's brother, her obsession with the throne, on and on.  Her paranoia in the books. Just because shes a strong female protagonist doesnt make her a hero.

8 minutes ago, T and A said:

An 8.6 on imdb and a 75% on Rotten is NOT in "average almost as people liking the ep and hating it".

Fot GOT it is. And for the biggest and most special ep of GOT it is a huge failure. BOB had a lot of problems with logic and still got 9.9 on imdb…

You have to take into account that a lot of people give 10 to an episode of GOT because it bacame mainstream to do it. For so many people to downvote it shows that something was really wrong with the ep.

1 minute ago, Nic. said:

I wouldnt say that. Theres been clues of her possible madness over and over again in both the shows and the books. She is in no way a good person. 

Whether is is crucifying 163 former slave owners, killing a noble by dragon fire to make a point, killing Sam's brother, her obsession with the throne, on and on.  Her paranoia in the books. Just because shes a strong female protagonist doesnt make her a hero.

But the problem is the sudden transformation. In 2 eps she will transform from an heroic figure trying to do good to someone jon will need to kill despite loving her at the moment.

This is something completly out of the blue and insane!

1 minute ago, divica said:

But the problem is the sudden transformation. In 2 eps she will transform from an heroic figure trying to do good to someone jon will need to kill despite loving her at the moment.

This is something completly out of the blue and insane!

She isnt an heroic figure though. She hasnt been portrayed as such since she freed the slaves.  Its just been fire and blood ever since.

Archived