Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 minutes ago, divica said:

I just can t watch that shit again. I just can t...

But with all discussion about jon killing danny.

Is the show going to sell that jon is the prince that was promised because he has the song of ice and fire. As in he has to defeat the others and danny ? 

could be, but that would be the writers twisting things because TPTWP prophecy is about ending The Long Night, not murdering Dany. That would be stupid af, so it is likely they will go that route

Just now, Nami said:

could be, but that would be the writers twisting things because TPTWP prophecy is about ending The Long Night, not mudering Dany. That would be stupid af, so it is likely they will go that route

yeah. that is also my opinion. And they will think they are so smart!

1 minute ago, divica said:

Not really. Neither danny nor the starks have any reason to want to fight each other besides petiness. why wouldn t jon be able to demove danny from killing either sansa or arya?

Uhh the whole story revolves around Houses killing each other out of "pettiness" lmao

2 minutes ago, divica said:

I just can t watch that shit again. I just can t...

But with all discussion about jon killing danny.

Is the show going to sell that jon is the prince that was promised because he has the song of ice and fire. As in he has to defeat the others and danny ? 

Beats the hell out of me on how they will try to sell any of it.  I'm not sure on all I believe on this anyway.  Other than, I believe nothing is beyond the Ds, so I never say never again.  But, I also don't expect them to try and sell it anyway.  That's not really their thing, is it.  Look at their selling of Arya as AZOR AHAI.  Just a few matchy lines and scenes.  In an Inside the Episode.  Not a hard sell effort, is it, on their part. 

53 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

I agree, i don't think she would be truly mad/insane like Aerys.  But if she was to burn Kings Landing, and all the innocents (sooo many children etc, TOTALLY innocent), I do think that is something you do not come back from.  Nobody, no matter how powerful or how angry at something that has happened - even something terrible - can do something like that and be forgiven by the people or, in my opinion, ever be a good ruler.  That's it. 

Personally, even with the impulsiveness we've seen in Daenerys before, I have a hard time believing that she would forget about all the smallfolk, but, we'll see... 

Ashoka would like a word, too, if you need a real life example.

1 minute ago, divica said:

Not really. Neither danny nor the starks have any reason to want to fight each other besides petiness. why wouldn t jon be able to demove danny from killing either sansa or arya?

Well....we should get a further clue tonight that the Starks don’t like her if the leaks are true. I think they all convey they don’t trust Dany at the weirwood tree.

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

When I got home from work I saw HBO had all 3 eps on, one after the other, before the airing of ep 4. I couldn’t be bothered though... watching Backdraft while I wait. Rather watch an old film than put myself though 803 again! :lol:

I clicked it on to peek around for Rhaegal at first, that was it.  Been in and out of this last episode.  It's almost over, and MAYBE a bit more visible. 

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Beats the hell out of me on how they will try to sell any of it.  I'm not sure on all I believe on this anyway.  Other than, I believe nothing is beyond the Ds, so I never say never again.  But, I also don't expect them to try and sell it anyway.  That's not really their thing, is it.  Look at their selling of Arya as AZOR AHAI.  Just a few matchy lines and scenes.  In an Inside the Episode.  Not a hard sell effort, is it, on their part. 

They can t sell arya as AA because she has nothing suporting her being AA. In the inside the ep it shows they don t even remembre the AA profecy… They never talk about x character killing the NK because he/she would fit the profecy...

I don t think they even watch their show..

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

When I got home from work I saw HBO had all 3 eps on, one after the other, before the airing of ep 4. I couldn’t be bothered though... watching Backdraft while I wait. Rather watch an old film than put myself though 803 again! :lol:

Backdraft was cheesy and cliched but in a good way. One of the few Ron Howard movies I like. 

3 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

Well....we should get a further clue tonight that the Starks don’t like her if the leaks are true. I think they all convey they don’t trust Dany at the weirwood tree.

Why though? Do they have a reason not to? She just sacrificed half her army to save their ass. Logically they would be loyal to her after this, but this is D&D and they turned Sandra into a petty bitch.

3 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I clicked it on to peek around for Rhaegal at first, that was it.  Been in and out of this last episode.  It's almost over, and MAYBE a bit more visible. 

:crying:

On a funnier note, hubby just asked, “what’s the entertainment tonight?”. When I told him he was, “oh shit, are we gonna have to turn off all the lights again.” :laugh:

2 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Backdraft was cheesy and cliched but in a good way. One of the few Ron Howard movies I like. 

I have a serious case of Scott Glenn fangirlism. :D

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

:crying:

On a funnier note, hubby just asked, “what’s the entertainment tonight?”. When I told him he was, “oh shit, are we gonna have to turn off all the lights again.” :laugh:

:lmao:

2 minutes ago, Nami said:

Why though? Do they have a reason not to? She just sacrificed half her army to save their ass. Logically they would be loyal to her after this, but this is D&D and they turned Sandra into a petty bitch.

Do the leaks clarify if they already have a problem with danny?

Just now, divica said:

I want her to not want to burn people and go to war because of a slight diference in power.

If she didn t love jon it would be one thing. If she loves him she can just marry him and let him be king so that everybody is happy and she is his queen. If jon names her his hand or gives her more powers than Queens usually have it wouldn t be much diferente to her...

I think most want that, but that's not how she's been portrayed. The story has themes. When characters do things we don't like/agree with/aren't obviously the right things, there's a lesson there*. 

Love isn't an either/or thing. It's there in degrees. And just because someone loves another, it doesn't mean their whole personality, their other priorities, interests, goals, whatnot suddenly disappear. And if Dany was that serious about Jon, she wouldn't be threatening his sister and dissing his home. Most people know that's not a good idea. It would be a retcon of her personality if she agreed to anything but being the monarch. And that's part of her tragedy. 

When faced with the choice between happiness and ambition, a lot of people choose ambition anyhow. 

AFFC Cersei VIII

When Maggy the Frog opened her eyes, Jeyne Farman gave a frightened squeak and fled the tent, plunging headlong back into the night. Plump stupid timid little Jeyne, pasty-faced and fat and scared of every shadow. She was the wise one, though. Jeyne lived on Fair Isle still. She had married one of her lord brother's bannermen and whelped a dozen children.

Like fat, timid Jeyne Farman, fat, timid Sam is apparently the smart one and gets the hell out of Dodge. 

*That is, there's a lesson to the degree that D&D are pulling from GRRM and not just...whatever it is they do. 

Just now, Nami said:

I am a Dany fan and I am not happy about how things appear to be headed.  I wanted them to marry and  have a child. It just seems we are going towards something more Shakespearean. A true tragedy.

Archived