Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Me too :drool:

He was so good in Castle Rock! Him and Sissy Spacek, both awesome. I miss Sissy, now w/ GoT on, but felt like paying homage to Peter Maynew. :wub:

@sweetsunray, agree on SotL. And The Right Stuff! 

2 minutes ago, divica said:

Do the leaks clarify if they already have a problem with danny?

no, but in previous episodes they showed Sandra being catty, something about not wanting Dany to rule the north for reasons :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Nami said:

Why though? Do they have a reason not to? She just sacrificed half her army to save their ass. Logically they would be loyal to her after this, but this is D&D and they turned Sandra into a petty bitch.

I agree.  If we weren't dealing with their creative sensibilities.........we wouldn't be stuck with this mess.  Almost over, then I forget about it, LOL 

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

:crying:

On a funnier note, hubby just asked, “what’s the entertainment tonight?”. When I told him he was, “oh shit, are we gonna have to turn off all the lights again.” :laugh:

Honestly, I want to know if anyone is going to even honor and acknowledge all that Rhaegal and Ghost did.  Drogon, too, but he gets all the attention.  Assholes. 

My husband started the day with me yelling:  HEY  They've got a lot of leaks. 

Considering it was rainy, and he doesn't watch, I was informed it wasn't the appropriate time to be yelling about leaks. 

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I think most want that, but that's not how she's been portrayed. The story has themes. When characters do things we don't like/agree with/aren't obviously the right things, there's a lesson there*. 

Love isn't an either/or thing. It's there in degrees. And just because someone loves another, it doesn't mean their whole personality, their other priorities, interests, goals, whatnot suddenly disappear. And if Dany was that serious about Jon, she wouldn't be threatening his sister and dissing his home. Most people know that's not a good idea. It would be a retcon of her personality if she agreed to anything but being the monarch. And that's part of her tragedy. 

When faced with the choice between happiness and ambition, a lot of people choose ambition anyhow. 

AFFC Cersei VIII

When Maggy the Frog opened her eyes, Jeyne Farman gave a frightened squeak and fled the tent, plunging headlong back into the night. Plump stupid timid little Jeyne, pasty-faced and fat and scared of every shadow. She was the wise one, though. Jeyne lived on Fair Isle still. She had married one of her lord brother's bannermen and whelped a dozen children.

Like fat, timid Jeyne Farman, fat, timid Sam is apparently the smart one and gets the hell out of Dodge. 

*That is, there's a lesson to the degree that D&D are pulling from GRRM and not just...whatever it is they do. 

But she also wants to be the monarch because she tought she was the last targ. That she was the rightful heir.

Her finding out that jon is a targ and has a better claim should change her somewhat. She should be more open to share the power. And because of that jon shouldn t want to morder her...

If today we have danny wanting to ignore jon's claim and kinship because she wants to pretend nothing happened and keep her quest as the rightful ruller then something very weird is going on!

20 minutes ago, divica said:

But she also wants to be the monarch because she tought she was the last targ. That she was the rightful heir.

Her finding out that jon is a targ and has a better claim should change her somewhat. She should be more open to share the power. And because of that jon shouldn t want to morder her...

If today we have danny wanting to ignore jon's claim and kinship because she wants to pretend nothing happened and keep her quest as the rightful ruller then something very weird is going on!

Exactly. This should raise concern that Dany is prioritizing ambition over other things.

46 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Exactly. This should raise concern that Dany is prioritizing ambition over other things.

And it was exactly what happened.

I think if we take euron's attacks with the super weapons, the starks general dislike of danny because she isn t from the north and one or 2 things this was the best ep of the season.

At least it was by far the one with better dialogues!

33 minutes ago, divica said:

And it was exactly what happened.

I think if we take euron's attacks with the super weapons, the starks general dislike of danny because she isn t from the north and one or 2 things this was the best ep of the season.

At least it was by far the one with better dialogues!

Yeah  but that's on the order of being happy you only got a little food poisoning and didn't need to go to the hospital.  The plot is still dumb and the characterization is moving at warp speed.

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah  but that's on the order of being happy you only got a little food poisoning and didn't need to go to the hospital.  The plot is still dumb and the characterization is moving at warp speed.

yeah, but we had long conversations that made some sense

if danny doesn t want people suporting jon instead of her why not marry the dude? Is she afraid he would detrone her even if they are married?

And I have no idea why all of westeros would support jon. I can see the north and more 2 or 3 regions. Not more...

AHHHHH and sansa, what a bitch! whatever bad happens between jon and danny is sansa's fault because she couldn t stay silent! She is awful!

9 minutes ago, divica said:

yeah, but we had long conversations that made some sense

if danny doesn t want people suporting jon instead of her why not marry the dude? Is she afraid he would detrone her even if they are married?

And I have no idea why all of westeros would support jon. I can see the north and more 2 or 3 regions. Not more...

AHHHHH and sansa, what a bitch! whatever bad happens between jon and danny is sansa's fault because she couldn t stay silent! She is awful!

ugh for once i have to defend Sansa.  Dany is clearly an egomaniac, and both Tyrion and Varys went over the reasons why Jon is a far better ruler than Sansa.  Can't really get on her case for wanting what is best for her people. 

2 minutes ago, Nic. said:

ugh for once i have to defend Sansa.  Dany is clearly an egomaniac, and both Tyrion and Varys went over the reasons why Jon is a far better ruler than Sansa.  Can't really get on her case for wanting what is best for her people. 

To be fair to Sansa though, Jon is turning into a case study (if he wasn’t already) of making the worst decisions he possibly can.  

1 minute ago, Nic. said:

I agree we had some of the best dialogue I remember in recent episodes of GOT.

Sansa dislikes danny for no reason at all. She barelly knows her! And all the problems tyrion and varys had with danny were there for a long time.

For fucks sake, we just have to see the scene of jon and danny meeting for danny to be talking about her Destiny… And she did much worse things in essos that she has done in westeros.

But the biggest problem of the season. WHY DON T JON AND DANNY jUST MARRY? They clearly have no problem with beign related! they were about to have sex and stoped because some reason I don t even remember...

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm weary of all the character assassination, I just want the show to be over.  

By the way, if danny wanted to become queen at any cost why didn t she just nurn KL in season 7? 

Either cersei surrendered or she burned it… isn t it what she is doing now? 

7 minutes ago, divica said:

I agree we had some of the best dialogue I remember in recent episodes of GOT.

Sansa dislikes danny for no reason at all. She barelly knows her! And all the problems tyrion and varys had with danny were there for a long time.

For fucks sake, we just have to see the scene of jon and danny meeting for danny to be talking about her Destiny… And she did much worse things in essos that she has done in westeros.

But the biggest problem of the season. WHY DON T JON AND DANNY jUST MARRY? They clearly have no problem with beign related! they were about to have sex and stoped because some reason I don t even remember...

I thought the show made this clear this episode.  Dany doesn't want Jon around because people gravitate to him instead of her.  Marrying him would only make it official as he would be king and in this patriarchal society no one would give two shits about her being married to him. 

2 minutes ago, Nic. said:

I thought the show made this clear this episode.  Dany doesn't want Jon around because people gravitate to him instead of her.  Marrying him would only make it official as he would be king and in this patriarchal society no one would give two shits about her being married to him. 

So danny would bang jon on the side and never marry?

Are we talking about the woman that came to westeros alone to build a marriage aliance?

Archived