Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

Ok. I get that as long as it's not used to wipe out the consequences of Dany's reaction or the fact that she needs to own that she put herself into that situation. This episode opened with the casualties of a war which was necessary and ended with casualties of war which wasn't necessary. 

To have a great hero, is not hard to write. To have a good villain, is hard. To write a great villain, only a few people achieve. Danerys becoming the "villain" of the story, is something that I think is straight from GRRM. The show did a horrible Job in making Jon a hero, because, while being a very good human, he is written as a dull. But, in my opinion, if they keep the story with Danerys, that they built up, with yesterdays climax, that will be a phenomenal villain. 

55 minutes ago, TNTW said:

u/SimonR2905

Above is a poster on freefolk. Interesting. Very believable. I hope he's not a fake, bc according to him nothing has been leaked from episode 6, Bran will not rule and multiple endings are in play. Fingers crossed that he is legit.

It is 99% fake as fuck.

He even says there are endings with ghost and some without ghost...

Do you think they spent how much Money filming fake scenes? And the whole faceless reapering thing? Like really? are they going to assassinate danny with a faceless?

And I have no idea how many possible endings he talked about… With the exception of jon having a good arc and arya killing anybody in KL anything was possible...

1 hour ago, Xemi said:

I wouldn't trust any leaks right now other than Jon killing Dany since they come from the guy whos aid Arya would kill the NK and Theon died charging the NK 4 months in advance. Everything else is highly suspect, even Friki who is usually reliable has been wrong.

Except that guy said this info isn´t direct from his brother, just a hearsay from someone else who apparently worked on the scene. So even this is still wonky and it could very well be one from the fake endings.

3 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

^ You think? Sounds the real deal to me.

Just now, TNTW said:

I thought he was believable. May be fake, but I am hoping not!

Come on, they either film a scene with ghost in ep 6 or they don t. Can anyone imagine tormund being paid to participate in a fake scene if he doesn t appear in ep 6?

And how many dozens of possibles scenes did he talk about? like arya had some, danny had some, jon had some… They wont film 1 hour of fake scenes...

Like who cares if arya maries gendry of does other shit? Why does this desserve fake scenes?

1 minute ago, divica said:

Come on, they either film a scene with ghost in ep 6 or they don t. Can anyone imagine tormund being paid to participate in a fake scene if he doesn t appear in ep 6?

And how many dozens of possibles scenes did he talk about? like arya had some, danny had some, jon had some… They wont film 1 hour of fake scenes...

Like who cares if arya maries gendry of does other shit? Why does this desserve fake scenes?

What's the problem here? It's the biggest, most expensive, most popular, most pirated show on earth and they want to throw spoilers off the scent. Seems reasonable to me.

1 minute ago, T and A said:

To have a great hero, is not hard to write. To have a good villain, is hard. To write a great villain, only a few people achieve. Danerys becoming the "villain" of the story, is something that I think is straight from GRRM. The show did a horrible Job in making Jon a hero, because, while being a very good human, he is written as a dull. But, in my opinion, if they keep the story with Danerys, that they built up, with yesterdays climax, that will be a phenomenal villain. 

I hear D&D are pretty obsessed with Breaking Bad. I do recall GRRM admiring Walter White, too, who's one of the best villains for me personally. I hope Dany doesn't go this way but stays in the controversial middle that I think most of the characters will land. But with careful treatment of Dany going fire & blood on the slavers in the books and this steadily feeding that dark seed that she has, I can see where she might get the Walter White treatment. 

Just now, House Cambodia said:

What's the problem here? It's the biggest, most expensive, most popular, most pirated show on earth and they want to throw spoilers off the scent. Seems reasonable to me.

It sounds reasonable that we have budget issues for the battles or direwolves or other things but they spend enough Money to make another ep in fake scenes?

They can do some related to who sits the IT, or if jon kill danny but they won t be big scenes nor will they cost a lot of Money...

3 minutes ago, divica said:

Well, he said episode 5, Arya goes to KL, but doesn't kill anyone (or kills no one?). That's what he said when someone asked him to tell them something to prove himself. So, guess we'll have to see how that pans out.

1 minute ago, TNTW said:

Well, he said episode 5, Arya goes to KL, but doesn't kill anyone (or kills no one?). That's what he said when someone asked him to tell them something to prove himself. So, guess we'll have to see how that pans out.

I think we might have no answer because she might kill people using other people's face. does that count as arya killing people?

It appears that the best guarded secrets from the compiled leaks are the fates of Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon. There appears to be multiple endings filmed for these characters.  There appears to be a trial but that could be for another person or perhaps fake.  We probably will not get anything firm till the day of or a few hours before Episode 6 airs. 

So, if I understand this correctly, the leaks says that Kit Harrington will off 200.0% MAD Emilia Clarke, and then exile himself to the north, making the entire parentage mystery a giant waste of time as it meant almost nothing to the overall story? And the Branbot-9000, who has been repeating for several seasons now that he "can never be lord of anything", is then made king of Westeros?

That's BS, but I believe it. As should anyone at this point, really. If D&D think it’s too cliché to have Kit Harrington be the one to kill the Lich King (a character they invented, so they wrote themselves into this corner...), they probably also think that it’s too cliché to have him sit Iron Throne in the end, and we all know that once these two have set their minds on something, all previous build up and logic will be thrown out the window to make that happen.

44 minutes ago, T and A said:

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

I can't understand why a lot of people fail to see that GRRM intended for her to be an anti-hero/villain and that, in toto, when viewed in retrospect, her arc makes for potentially one of the most compelling and sympathetic antagonists ever written in literature or on screen. 

She's the villain we deserve - a million light-years more interesting than the one-dimensional Night King or Cersei.

I've long viewed the entire book series as charting the rise of two great supernatural "threats" to Westeros, the Others/White Walkers from the north and the Dragon Queen from the East.

16 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I hear D&D are pretty obsessed with Breaking Bad. I do recall GRRM admiring Walter White, too, who's one of the best villains for me personally. I hope Dany doesn't go this way but stays in the controversial middle that I think most of the characters will land. But with careful treatment of Dany going fire & blood on the slavers in the books and this steadily feeding that dark seed that she has, I can see where she might get the Walter White treatment. 

I they're obsessed with Breaking Bad, it certainly doesn't translate in their writing. :lol:

Maybe they should have bothered to learn a few things from Vince. :bowdown:

22 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

It appears that the best guarded secrets from the compiled leaks are the fates of Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon. There appears to be multiple endings filmed for these characters.  There appears to be a trial but that could be for another person or perhaps fake.  We probably will not get anything firm till the day of or a few hours before Episode 6 airs. 

In that I believe. They can perfectly have filmed a couple of fake scenes with only actors...

I don t believe they fake a hole in the trone room so that drogon can apear and take danny. Unless there is some kind of cheap special effect they can use to throw leakers of the scent… I am no expert in that área… But I am sure we wont have a fake scene with dragons...

1 hour ago, divica said:

I think we might have no answer because she might kill people using other people's face. does that count as arya killing people?

Whoa. He just said Arya is not Arya. And that faceless men are the last big twist. Or something like that. If true. Wow, that would definitely be shocking. Actually kinda excited to see what happens now lol.

also this: Drogon doesn’t control Drogon in the last episode

if he's not for real, he's at least keeping it interesting! His Q&A threads definitely worth reading.

2 minutes ago, TNTW said:

Whoa. He just said Arya is not Arya. And that faceless men are the last big twist. Or something like that. If true. Wow, that would definitely be shocking. Actually kinda excited to see what happens now lol.

Do you really believe that arya isn t arya? Like why did she sleep with gendry? how did she even recognize him?

31 minutes ago, divica said:

Do you really believe that arya isn t arya? Like why did she sleep with gendry? how did she even recognize him?

Idk. I am so confused lol. Maybe He means multiple Aryas? But how is that possible? Also saw this, which I thought interesting:  "They’re talking about Valyrian steel armour. Gendry will have dragonfire to make Valyrian steel and will make armour for Drogon".

He actually wrote: (first part is questions from another poster, second part is his answers)

1. Does fAegon make an appearance on the show?

2. Does Jamie strangle Cersei to death?

3. or does Arya kill Cersei?

4. Does Bran become the king?

5. Does Howland Reed make an appearance?

SimonR2905

40m

1. in one end
  2. no valonqar in the show
  3. aryas not Arya
  4. hell no
  5. if so, as an extra

Archived