Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

5 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

If that's stuff is going to happen it won't even be remotely the same as in the books, that much is clear. Perhaps not even the same people are going to die - but even if they do, it won't be the same scenario, not the same way, and not the same people killing them. It can't.

Lord Varys

At a bare minimum I think it has become clear that some of your most fundamental predictions for the future of the books have missed the mark. Mostly around the Dany vs Jon claim to the Throne situation, and Dany’s supposed role as Azor Ahai/tPWWP.

11 hours ago, divica said:

I know the show is fucked up, but gendry sundenly learning to make valirian steel with Drogo nearby breathing fire sounds extremely stupid.... Why wouldn t they use it against the dead? 

I might accept Danny giving normal armor to her dragons... But I thought armor did nothing in this show... 

And faegon appearing at the end won t happen. We won t have 2 aegons in the show... Come on... 

That sounds bat shit ridiculous and crazy

It may be a load of crap. I have no idea. But the speculation is fun, imo. Killing time until episode 5!

One of his most recent Q&A. Again, take with grain of salt. But that would be an awesome twist, if hooded man turned out to be Rhaegar. Trying to remember, but did they ever recover his body in the books?

1. Will Cersei know Jon is the son of Rhaegar before she dies?

2. Could Golden company still be loyal to Targaryens?

3. Is there anything you can say about Bronn? Will he do anything important anymore?

SimonR2905

26m

1. she knows
  2. who do you think is the hooded man lmao
  3. he is present but only helps Tyrion with one tactical matter. He doesn’t take part in any fighting

23 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Lord Varys

At a bare minimum I think it has become clear that some of your most fundamental predictions for the future of the books have missed the mark. Mostly around the Dany vs Jon claim to the Throne situation, and Dany’s supposed role as Azor Ahai/tPWWP.

You think so?

You actually think this travesty reflects any of George's intention for the book future?

I have a hard time believing this Simon guy, just because my experience with leakers is that the legitimate ones rarely do the AMA-style. Usually they write one pithy post and maybe answer a few questions after that. Usually the vague, hundred-comment AMA guys are just looking for attention. We shall see.

I thought I was done being disappointed by this show, but Jaime and Sansa's alleged endings are just awful.

1 minute ago, Lord Varys said:

You think so?

You actually think this travesty reflects any of George's intention for the book future?

A travesty indeed, I fully agree. The Showrunners are ham handed, terrible at characterisation and have no grasp of the relationship between cause and effect.

But the one area they seem interested in is the battle for the Throne. They butchered the revelation of Jon’s identity to the World. But clearly it will happen. And clearly a bunch of people who matter are going to believe it. Something you have consistently rejected for years.

47 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

That is not bitter sweet - how can any leaks of this kind be bitter sweet. So depressing 

Yeah they do seem depressing and kind of out of nowhere. But they are all most definitely true. 

8 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I have a hard time believing this Simon guy, just because my experience with leakers is that the legitimate ones rarely do the AMA-style. Usually they write one pithy post and maybe answer a few questions after that. Usually the vague, hundred-comment AMA guys are just looking for attention. We shall see.

I thought I was done being disappointed by this show, but Jaime and Sansa's alleged endings are just awful.

Not sure about this Simon guy, but what I have read is that Sansa just stays cements her status as Lady of Winterfell. There have been some rumors though that she schemes her way into the iron throne but I doubt that cause it seems like they want to get rid of the “iron throne” concept altogether. I hear Drogon literally melts after Dany and he flies away with her body. 

Jamie will just kill Euron but will end up injured and then him and Cersei will die together. 

11 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

A travesty indeed, I fully agree. The Showrunners are ham handed, terrible at characterisation and have no grasp of the relationship between cause and effect.

But the one area they seem interested in is the battle for the Throne. They butchered the revelation of Jon’s identity to the World. But clearly it will happen. And clearly a bunch of people who matter are going to believe it. Something you have consistently rejected for years.

Yeah I still don’t know what the point of Jon’s identity reveal was? Was it just to throw Dany off her rocker in the last two episodes?

On 5/5/2019 at 10:50 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Well... if for nothing else this is something to look forward to, one more nail in the Jonsa coffin! :D

Too busy celebrating the crash and burn of Jonerys.

2 minutes ago, Dalia said:

Too busy celebrating the crash and burn of Jonerys.

Definitely! It’s another idiotic possibility that is super worthy of celebration! 

12 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

It's hard to keep up with this thread, but was this leak discussed yet?

The one thing all these leaks have in common is that Jon kills Dany. The rest are all similar but not exactly the same. Personally, I'm hoping that Jaime's arc is closer to the one given here.

Disappointing to say the least. If this really is how the series will come to an end then I really do hope we get the final books and it’s done differently. 

Jon/Dany’s arc should have been a lot similar towards the end in terms of the result. Gained somewhere and lost someplace else, bitter and sweet. 

Sufficient to say Jon’s identity was only revealed to spark paranoia in Dany in regards to whether or not he will contest her which could have been left out as he clearly doesn’t want to sit on the Iron Throne. 

What’s bitter sweet about this anyway? I see the bitter but not the sweet, not for the characters we’ve been expecting greatness from anyway. 

4 minutes ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

Disappointing to say the least. If this really is how the series will come to an end then I really do hope we get the final books and it’s done differently. 

Jon/Dany’s arc should have been a lot similar towards the end in terms of the result. Gained somewhere and lost someplace else, bitter and sweet. 

Sufficient to say Jon’s identity was only revealed to spark paranoia in Dany in regards to whether or not he will contest her which could have been left out as he clearly doesn’t want to sit on the Iron Throne. 

What’s bitter sweet about this anyway? I see the bitter but not the sweet, not for the characters we’ve been expecting greatness from anyway. 

That leak has already been disproven, Rhaegal is already dead, Bran didn't say anything about the WWs or NK, it was Sansa who told Tyrion about Jon, not Bran and Sam, etc.

7 minutes ago, Xemi said:

That leak has already been disproven, Rhaegal is already dead, Bran didn't say anything about the WWs or NK, it was Sansa who told Tyrion about Jon, not Bran and Sam, etc.

No of course, I realised the flaws once I read the leak your points are accurate. 

I just came across it and assumed it would be one of those leaks that get some of the results right (or close enough) but not the actions taken.

Could you share the latest leaks that are considered credible?

3 minutes ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

No of course, I realised the flaws once I read the leak your points are accurate. 

I just came across it and assumed it would be one of those leaks that get some of the results right (or close enough) but not the actions taken.

Could you share the latest leaks that are considered credible?

The only credible thing is Jon killing Dany I think, since it came months before the season started by the guy who said Arya would kill the Nk and Theon would die charging the NK, Lyanna Mormont becoming a wight, etc, and it's basically in all the leaks. Everything else... who knows.

4 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

They butchered the revelation of Jon’s identity to the World. But clearly it will happen. And clearly a bunch of people who matter are going to believe it. Something you have consistently rejected for years.

I strongly suspect that parts of this plotline belong to FAegon, instead of Jon. As well as the name itself. Which would also very much crimp any shock value the revelation might have otherwise had, and make it even more suspect. Because let's not forget, that in the books we have another character lusting after the Iron Throne in him and also in Stannis. One who thought that it was his destiny to sit on it for all his life, rather than just the last couple of years. In fact, in the books Dany would know that she might not sit on it, after all, even before she sets out, so...

I dunno, much depends on whether GRRM intends to wimp out on the Long Night, the Others being a real danger to the whole of Westeros at the very least, if not the whole world, and the long, severe multi-year winter winter,  like the showrunners did, or not. If he is actually serious about it, then the Winterfell segments likely belong to Stannis and culminate in it getting overrun, rather than the show's "deus ex Arya".  Some of the older castles probably have forgotten magical defenses, but the recent damages to WF might have disrupted them and left the castle vulnerable. From Old Nan's tales it seems like the cold and the darkness were the main killers during the last Long Night and human enclaves could survive for a time, even with the Others prowling the woods outside them.

In this case, I could see Dany getting killed by FAegon et al. and her function for Jon's narrative having been to deliver Drogon for his use, as some have previously speculated. Once riderless, Bran/Bloodraven would be able to draw him to Jon's location. Or, it could indeed be some Nissa Nissa stuff and then Jon is going to kill her. 

If the Long Night is intended to be short-lived in the books as well, than anything can happen, of course. Except that I had a distinct impression that it was always supposed to resolve after Dany's invasion of Westeros.

1 minute ago, Maia said:

I strongly suspect that parts of this plotline belong to FAegon, instead of Jon. As well as the name itself. Which would also very much crimp any shock value the revelation might have otherwise had, and make it even more suspect. Because let's not forget, that in the books we have another character lusting after the Iron Throne in him and also in Stannis. One who thought that it was his destiny to sit on it for all his life, rather than just the last couple of years. In fact, in the books Dany would know that she might not sit on it, after all, even before she sets out, so...

I dunno, much depends on whether GRRM intends to wimp out on the Long Night, the Others being a real danger to the whole of Westeros at the very least, if not the whole world, and the long, severe multi-year winter winter,  like the showrunners did, or not. If he is actually serious about it, then the Winterfell segments likely belong to Stannis and culminate in it getting overrun, rather than the show's "deus ex Arya".  Some of the older castles probably have forgotten magical defenses, but the recent damages to WF might have disrupted them and left the castle vulnerable. From Old Nan's tales it seems like the cold and the darkness were the main killers during the last Long Night and human enclaves could survive for a time, even with the Others prowling the woods outside them.

In this case, I could see Dany getting killed by FAegon et al. and her function for Jon's narrative having been to deliver Drogon for his use, as some have previously speculated. Once riderless, Bran/Bloodraven would be able to draw him to Jon's location. Or, it could indeed be some Nissa Nissa stuff and then Jon is going to kill her. 

If the Long Night is intended to be short-lived in the books as well, than anything can happen, of course. Except that I had a distinct impression that it was always supposed to resolve after Dany's invasion of Westeros.

Good points. My view is that D&D swapped the chronology around. The fAegon/Euron/Cersei game will play itself out BEFORE the Others invade. And Daenerys will join in as well.

The Others will be the final enemy, with maybe some mopping up/Shire scouring left at the end, after their defeat.

10 minutes ago, Maia said:

I agree.  Aegon will take the Iron Throne from Cersei, I believe.  The dance of dragons will be between Aegon and Dany, with Dany seen as the aggressive foreign invader heading dragons, Dothraki and Unsullied.  I still believe Jon's purpose is the fight against the Others, first and foremost.  I don't think GRRM will short-change us on the Long Night.  

21 minutes ago, Xemi said:

The only credible thing is Jon killing Dany I think, since it came months before the season started by the guy who said Arya would kill the Nk and Theon would die charging the NK, Lyanna Mormont becoming a wight, etc, and it's basically in all the leaks. Everything else... who knows.

Yeah thought as much, was hoping for something new that would restore my faith in the series before the last 2 episodes haha. 

Archived