Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

I just don’t know what to say anymore.   So depressing.   I don’t see how any fan could take pleasure from seeing Daenerys go down like this.

I actually was able to organize the leak so that it makes sense to me.

The bells must be some kind of signal for danny to attack. Like they sent a group into KL to do something (kill cersei, open the gates… something) and when it is acomplished they ring the bells and danny attacks.

So the brutality is because they are attacking (I am ignoring the rape because people don t rape in the midle of a fight). And the problem will be that they won t stop when the enemies surrender and will also attack the people inside the red keep (the dothriaki don t care if they are civilians). And danny will be burning things.

Jon will be mad because the enemies surrendered and danny's trops ignored it and killed everybody.

I think this is much more mild and dificult to judge...

Just now, Amaretto said:

I'm sure Dany haters will love it but I really don't see this ending appealing much to anyone else. 

"Thank God we have King Bran on the Throne though- that takes the sting out of it"- said no-one ever.

jon should end up as king.

Honestly, if jon's heritage has no use in the entire season will be so bad. Like D&D will only use r+l=j to break jonerys… it sounds too stupid to be true...

"Bran being king" is either a misinterpretation or a fake out. There was a leak sometime ago that said a council would be established with Bran as its head, and they he would lead Westeros. That turned into Bran would be king with a council, to Bran would be king. I watched the evolution of it.

My guess? It's either multiple fake endings they filmed, or it's a misinterpretation of someone seeing a Great Council being formed with Bran at it's head, where they decide Jon is really Aegon.

Also, GOTit1111 has been quite accurate in his leaks.

43 minutes ago, divica said:

I just don t get what was the point of having jon and danny fall in love and sleep together if they were going to do this… IT is just awful

Before we had confirmation about Jon's parents, Martin said that both the readers and Jon would eventually learn who his mother is but that it wouldn't really matter much any longer by then.

All we're seeing is how that actually plays out. Martin deliberate took the whole "hidden prince who is the rightful king" motif duplicated in a million billion fantasy novels both great and derivative and broke its expectation. Of course he won't be king. That would be dumb and cheesy.

6 minutes ago, divica said:

jon should end up as king.

Honestly, if jon's heritage has no use in the entire season will be so bad. Like D&D will only use r+l=j to break jonerys… it sounds too stupid to be true...

No, he absolutely should not. This isn't a comic book. That's the whole point.

15 minutes ago, Amaretto said:

I'm sure Dany haters will love it but I really don't see this ending appealing much to anyone else. 

"Thank God we have King Bran on the Throne though- that takes the sting out of it"- said no-one ever.

That isn't going to happen. It was a fake story told by the 806ers themselves.

5 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Before we had confirmation about Jon's parents, Martin said that both the readers and Jon would eventually learn who his mother is but that it wouldn't really matter much any longer by then.

All we're seeing is how that actually plays out. Martin deliberate took the whole "hidden prince who is the rightful king" motif duplicated in a million billion fantasy novels both great and derivative and broke its expectation. Of course he won't be king. That would be dumb and cheesy.

I would love a link on that quote.

59 minutes ago, AEJON TARGARYEN said:

Isn't there a connection between Aerys and bells? It's what drove him mad at Duskendale and it's what started the rebellion, the battles of the bells. 

There's certainly bad for Varys:  

“l've always hated the bells. They ring for horror. A dead king, a city under siege.”

6 minutes ago, Amaretto said:

I'm not a fan of Dany in either medium, but I can still recognize a poorly set up, rushed ending that will not be well received.

Nicest leaks I have seen.

Sigh, even the Spanish have autocorrect problemas. That should be pelo suelto not pelo suerte. And various other related oopsies. Good luck for anyone who isn't fluent and so can read over the errors. :)

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Sigh, even the Spanish have autocorrect problemas. That should be pelo suelto not pelo suerte. And various other related oopsies. Good luck for anyone who isn't fluent and so can read over the errors. :)

Most of the leak is translated into english. But honestly it sounds too good to be true… And at some points the person talks like she is seing the ep and at others like is asking for information about the ep to someone...

No, he absolutely should not. This isn't a comic book. That's the whole point.

I don t see the relation… He should end up as king because the revelation about his parents should lead to somewhere… And right now it is the only meaningful thing left...

Just now, longest night said:

"Bran being king" is either a misinterpretation or a fake out. There was a leak sometime ago that said a council would be established with Bran as its head, and they he would lead Westeros. That turned into Bran would be king with a council, to Bran would be king. I watched the evolution of it.

My guess? It's either multiple fake endings they filmed, or it's a misinterpretation of someone seeing a Great Council being formed with Bran at it's head, where they decide Jon is really Aegon.

Also, GOTit1111 has been quite accurate in his leaks.

Actualy

From gotit1111, "Missandei gets her head cut off execution style and Gold Company takes out on of Dany's dragons."

He also fails… The person that gives him info doesn t seem to understand what he is seeing so sometimes he is wrong.

2 minutes ago, divica said:

Actualy

He also fails… The person that gives him info doesn t seem to understand what he is seeing so sometimes he is wrong.

gotit1111 was the only one to leak that Arya would turn down Gendry. His recent leaks basically confirms previous leaks.

Most of the leak is translated into english. But honestly it sounds too good to be true… And at some points the person talks like she is seing the ep and at others like is asking for information about the ep to someone...

I don t see the relation… He should end up as king because the revelation about his parents should lead to somewhere… And right now it is the only meaningful thing left...

Thanks but I don't care about English, I'm bilingual.

"Should lead to somewhere"? I don't understand. Obviously it has led to many things. It has also shown that people like Dany who think they have some "right" to something commit horrors all in the name of their putative right.  The whole "mine by right" crap is bull and that's what Martin is showing. She was never right and it was never her right. And of course he won't be king in the end, nor shall she bring to light a child by him.

You have to read the story beats in the historical context that Martin was writing at the time that he devised the entire plot. He came to destroy the tropes, not to fulfil them. That would be boring and uncreative.  This is better, even if it does give facile trope-lovers blue balls in the end, because that was his whole point. Well, one of them. He has many reasons.

"Should lead to somewhere"? I don't understand. Obviously it has led to many things. It has also shown that people like Dany who think they have some "right" to something commit horrors all in the name of their putative right.  The whole "mine by right" crap is bull and that's what Martin is showing. She was never right and it was never her right. And of course he won't be king in the end, nor shall she bring to light a child by him.

You have to read the story beats in the historical context that Martin was writing at the time that he devised the entire plot. He came to destroy the tropes, not to fulfil them. That would be boring and uncreative.  This is better, even if it does give facile trope-lovers blue balls in the end, because that was his whole point. Well, one of them. He has many reasons.

Grrm has said several times that he won t avoid to write something just because it is expected. The fact that grrm has to break all tropes is something that fans like to use to justify weird theories that people don t like… If you pay atention he is very nice to his core 5 main povs. Usualy it is his side characters that might have all kind of fates...

Another importante thing, by not using tropes it means that when he uses them it is unexpected...

17 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

GRRM has actually used a lot of tropes. Tropes are used because they are good storytelling. If you subverted every trope, you'd end up with nonsense that probably could have been written by a monkey with a typewriter.

Archived