Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

I can buy the idea that Bran sits the iron thrones in the end for the books.  However, with how Bran is portrayed in the show, i can't quite figure how that would work.  Bran barely says anything.  Hard to imagine him giving out orders to everyone and inspiring people with his grandiose charisma. lol 

So only NOW Dany thinks it would be a good idea to wear armor and put armor on her dragon? /facepalm

How do they even set foot on Dragonstone when Dany's ships got destroyed and Euron's fleet was literally right there? /nonsense

And everyone hopes these spoilers are true because it's so awesome. Yeah sure, lets ignore the fact that Cersei freaking Lannister would have finished them all off end of episode 4 when all her enemies are in striking distance of a dozen scorpions. Poor Cersei, they can't even let you be, well you.

1 hour ago, longest night said:

I would love a link on that quote

I know of two. One in the SSM archives, where Martin answers the question, “will we learn who Jon’s parents are?” (Paraphrasing), and he answers along the lines of, “yes, eventually”. The other was, iirc, a Barnes and Nobles Q&A where he was asked if Jon would ever learn who are his parents (paraphrasing), and he also replied, “eventually, yes”. He never said anything about it not being important anymore or anything like that. If he did say that, it’s something I’ve never seen. 

I don’t have the links handy at the mo, sorry. 

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

I know of two. One in the SSM archives, where Martin answers the question, “will we learn who Jon’s parents are?” (Paraphrasing), and he answers along the lines of, “yes, eventually”. The other was, iirc, a Barnes and Nobles Q&A where he was asked if Jon would ever learn who are his parents (paraphrasing), and he also replied, “eventually, yes”. He never said anything about it not being important anymore or anything like that. If he did say that, it’s something I’ve never seen. 

I don’t have the links handy at the mo, sorry. 

Yeah, I don't remember any such quote either as he has always said very little on it.

28 minutes ago, Nic. said:

I can buy the idea that Bran sits the iron thrones in the end for the books.  However, with how Bran is portrayed in the show, i can't quite figure how that would work.  Bran barely says anything.  Hard to imagine him giving out orders to everyone and inspiring people with his grandiose charisma. lol 

Bran is 9 years old in the books with no claim at all...

5 minutes ago, Mystical said:

So only NOW Dany thinks it would be a good idea to wear armor and put armor on her dragon? /facepalm

That's because before this they didn't have the technology that would allow them to make armor that was both super-light and super-strong so that Drogon could still fly and Dany could still move. She is after all just a small girl.

But now they do. They have Gendry "The Smith" Baratheon, prentice to master Tobho Mott, one of the very last smiths who knew how to work Valyrian steel although not to create it from scratch.

That's because you cannot create Valyrian steel without one magic ingredient: dragonfire.  Why else do you think Sam was so proud of having pinched the Citadel’s secret recipe books? 

So now they finally have all the necessary pieces together to let them make a wonder unseen by the world since it was long ago wrought and borne by the Dragonlords of Old Valyria: new armor made out of Valyrian steel, incredibly light and strong, so that both Drogon and Dany are now beyond awesome.

This is why Euron pales when he regards them: he knows he's well and truly fucked now. And so is Cersei, by and by.

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

That's because before this they didn't have the technology that would allow them to make armor that was both super-light and super-strong so that Drogon could still fly and Dany could still move. She is after all just a small girl.

But now they do. They have Gendry "The Smith" Baratheon, prentice to master Tobho Mott, one of the very last smiths who knew how to work Valyrian steel although not to create it from scratch.

That's because you cannot create Valyrian steel without one magic ingredient: dragonfire.  Why else do you think Sam was so proud of having pinched the Citadel’s secret recipe books? 

So now they finally have all the necessary pieces together to let them make a wonder unseen by the world since it was long ago wrought and borne by the Dragonlords of Old Valyria: new armor made out of Valyrian steel, incredibly light and strong, so that both Drogon and Dany are now beyond awesome.

This is why Euron pales when he regards them: he knows he's well and truly fucked now. And so is Cersei, by and by.

Is this an actual spoiler or your theory?  Because it sounds too clever for Benioff & Weiss to have come up with it.

3 minutes ago, longest night said:

Bran is 9 years old in the books with no claim at all...

so?  

Point being, the show knows who ends on the iron throne at the end of the series.  It's been reiterated multiple times through interviews.  As such, if that's the ending they are going with, i will be expecting it from the books as well. 

2 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Is this an actual spoiler or your theory?  Because it sounds too clever for Benioff & Weiss to have come up with it.

It's clever because this is one of Martin's original story-beats. That's why he set it all up this way in the very first book, because this was the payoff he long ago planned. The clever things like this are always Martin's not B&W's. He's been more involved with the show's ending than you know.

10 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

One problem, Gendry's master Tobho Mott is a book only thing. Also it's suggested you need more than just dragonfire, like dragon's blood and magical spells.

24 minutes ago, Mystical said:

So we know Dragons had saddles, but has there ever been any reference in the ASOIAF lore of Dragons actually being armored. From the way they are described, fully grown dragons would't really need armor since almost nothing can pierce a fully grown Dragons scales. Show Dragons are just bitch tier. 

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It's clever because this is one of Martin's original story-beats. That's why he set it all up this way in the very first book, because this was the payoff he long ago planned. The clever things like this are always Martin's not B&W's. He's been more involved with the show's ending than you know.

Again, is this an actual spoiler or just your theory?  You sound like you know stuff...

1 minute ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Again, is this an actual spoiler or just your theory?  You sound like you know stuff...

He doesn't. There's a guy over on Reddit pretending he is someone leaking and says Drogon will have Valyrian armor. I've read all his stuff, and he actually contradicts himself a number of times. Those 'leakers' that just have you ask questions without just leaking the information, are all bullshitters.

3 minutes ago, longest night said:

One problem, Gendry's master Tobho Mott is a book only thing. Also it's suggested you need more than just dragonfire, like dragon's blood and magical spells.

That's not really a problem. The showrunners use book-only things in the background, almost as Easter Eggs, and never need to explain them in the show. There will be an in-show explanation, trust me.

Just now, longest night said:

He doesn't. There's a guy over on Reddit pretending he is someone leaking and says Drogon will have Valyrian armor. I've read all his stuff, and he actually contradicts himself a number of times. Those 'leakers' that just have you ask questions without just leaking the information, are all bullshitters.

Ok, thanks.  That's what I thought.  It's unfortunate that these fleakers have better ideas than D&D

Just now, longest night said:

Could you imagine the time it would take to make one piece of dragon sized armor, let alone the whole set? A lifetime?

Sure, just like I can imagine the time it would take to traverse 1500 miles of the Kingsroad with a heavy caravan. 

You simply have to suspend your time-sense for the show so that the plot elements can be advanced. We've seen this time and again.

39 minutes ago, ShimShim said:

So we know Dragons had saddles, but has there ever been any reference in the ASOIAF lore of Dragons actually being armored. From the way they are described, fully grown dragons would't really need armor since almost nothing can pierce a fully grown Dragons scales. Show Dragons are just bitch tier. 

This picture from georgemartin.com shows the very thing. It's from the World Book. 

Archived