Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 hours ago, tws1978 said:

Well, if it really ends as the leaks hints I´m not sure how will anyone ever be able to rewatch the show. Most of the main plots have turned pointless. Why watch Dany grow and go through her mistakes for 7 seasons, when it´s all turned to ash in the last three episodes? Why watch all the episode dealing with NK and behind the wall stuff, when it´s over in an episode? Especially the latter seasons are mostly build around either Jon and his fights or Dany and her dragons, most of else is just filler. But those are exactly the moments which will never have the same feel again. There is a very thin line between making the story daring and unpredictable and fully destroying it. We just saw it with the last Star Wars and I´m afraid it´s happening again live with GoT. It´s exactly how Emilia said. The lasting taste will not be good and there is no episode 9 to save the day.

Thank you for expressing it so clearly: This is exactly how I feel and what I fear.

27 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

There are bells and bells. I forget, does the Daenerys one refer to the House of the Undying, or what?

I don't remember anything that could be related at bells on her House of the Undying vision, but it's been years since I read the books, maybe I missed something.

8 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

I don't remember anything that could be related at bells on her House of the Undying vision, but it's been years since I read the books, maybe I missed something.

Yeah, I don't recall anything about bells. No idea what that leak's about then  :dunno:

3 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

This "bells" thing is bizarre… if someone should be scared by bells, it's Cersei!  Shame! Ding! Shame! Dong!

Exactly. Plus the bells when her father and children died. Why would bells trigger Dany? Only bells she is associated with are the bells in Dothraki hair, which she generally associates with fond memories of Drogo. I could definitely see bells triggering the already half nuts Cersei, leading to her having the wildfire set off to destroy everything. "If I can't have it, no one will" is definitely her style.

I could still see this all leading to Dany's death, unfortunately.

The fact that Emilia Clarke seemed shell shocked and even thinly veiled disappointment of Dany’s actions says it all about how nonsensical this ending is. An actor would not feel this way if they thought that this in line with their character. D&D went for pure shock value instead of any sort of consistency and substance. 

5 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

The fact that Emilia Clarke seemed shell shocked and even thinly veiled disappointment of Dany’s actions says it all about how nonsensical this ending is. An actor would not feel this way if they thought that this in line with their character. D&D went for pure shock value instead of any sort of consistency and substance. 

Someone posted a link to a recent interview with the actor who plays Bran. The take-away for me is that the actors simply aren't told what their motivations are supposed to be. This might be to protect leaks (ie not trusting the actors to let something slip in an interview or tweet) but it just leaves them confused and likely looking like much worse actors than they are. It's likely that Emilia along with the others have shot multiple endings and they don't know which ones will be used.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Someone posted a link to a recent interview with the actor who plays Bran. The take-away for me is that the actors simply aren't told what their motivations are supposed to be. This might be to protect leaks (ie not trusting the actors to let something slip in an interview or tweet) but it just leaves them confused and likely looking like much worse actors than they are. It's likely that Emilia along with the others have shot multiple endings and they don't know which ones will be used.

That makes me wonder with Emilia walking around. Was it that the writing was just not what she expected? Was it that all her multiple endings were bad? Or just the majority of them? Was it the show's overall ending? I hope one day we get the full story.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

But this is nothing new that suddenly happened in the show. Just ask the actor who played Stannis. Poor guy had no idea what he was doing because he literally was given nothing in terms of character motivation.

Just now, Mystical said:

But this is nothing new that suddenly happened in the show. Just ask the actor who played Stannis. Poor guy had no idea what he was doing because he literally was given nothing in terms of character motivation.

I'm not saying it's new - it is bloody ridiculous. It just possibly explains Emilia's current reactions to the show's ending.

It seems like D&D and HBO spent so much resources to stop leaks. But you can’t stop them. It’s practically impossible. It would have made more sense to direct all that time and energy to make a better and more coherent show. 

2 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

It seems like D&D and HBO spent so much resources to stop leaks. But you can’t stop them. It’s practically impossible. It would have made more sense to direct all that time and energy to make a better and more coherent show. 

You'da thunk, but even then they're so focussed on how to spunk $15 million per episode on big bangs and CRG effects (with nothing left over for GoodBoy) that they keeping forgetting little things like plot and character.

23 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

Further more, not knowing the end of your characters journey and not exactly knowing what the whole context is about, makes life extremely difficult for actors. 

Even the far more experienced actor N. C.-W, complained about that.

1 minute ago, Torienne said:

Further more, not knowing the end of your characters journey and not exactly knowing what the whole context is about, makes life extremely difficult for actors. 

Even the far more experienced actor N. C.-W, complained about that.

That's what I'm saying - it makes them look like bad actors and harms their reputations when it's not their fault (although Kit's somewhat limited anyway).

3 minutes ago, Mystical said:

I get what u are saying about Stannis as D&D openly disliked him. But Emilia is also the most visible face of GoT. If your most popular actor (and most staunch advocate) is showing such confusion and dissatisfaction, then it is obvious that what D&D put out there was just crap. 

7 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

King Bran was foreshadowed in episode 1 season 1, guys.

6 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Bran becoming king in the show doesn't make sense. 

It makes perfect sense in the show. Because he's not Bran. Bran wouldn't become King, the 3ER would. If you think of the 3ER as evil (and I for one do), it's genius how he pulled the strings to come out on top. From getting Bran up North to get himself a new body. To conveniently not stopping Bran from vision walking so he would get marked, which in turn meant the destruction of the protective barriers (and a perfect excuse to slip his old body and get a shiny new one). To going South of the wall to get himself plenty of meat shields. We know he can see the past, present and future so why did he let so much senseless death happen? If the 3ER were really on the side of humanity and it's survival, wouldn't he have done something to save as many as he can? Instead he lets the dumbest battle ever happen and he does nothing during it to help, he lets everyone at Last Heart die, he pointlessly sacrificed Theon etc..

And why was he so gung ho about Jon needing to know his parentage? Bran would let Jon know because he deserves the truth about his parentage. But the 3ER doesn't care about Jon because he has no familial ties to him. The only thing Jon's parentage seems to do is tear everyone apart. And if you are the 3ER and your goal is to come out on top, having the competition tear each other apart is a brilliant strategy.

I don't think this was D&D's intention. But if the 3ER ends up as the big cheese of Westeros (and maybe beyond), he played it brilliantly. Of course that would mean evil essentially wins in the end. But this is how I see the entire 3ER storyline over the course of the show. If he's the one who wins it all at the end...

Archived