Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

You’ve really upset me me. 

Like what is is the point of Jaimes redemption arc? They have basically said fuck you to it? 

Ugh

Also, that's just one source. We have like 4 or 5 independent sources each with different proven information. The only thing we aren't sure about are the episode 6 spoilers since people aren't really sure since they filmed a bunch of different fake ends.

This was posted by a throwaway account by someone a week before episode 4 aired.

• Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

• Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

• Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

• Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

• Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

• Cersei has Missandei executed.

• Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

• Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

• Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

• King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

• The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

• Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

• Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

• Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

• Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

• Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

• Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

• Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

• A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

• In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

Posted by ninjapancake10, a well known reliable Walking Dead leaker.

Hey, guys. Some of you might know me from The Walking Dead fandom. I help run a site called The Spoiling Dead Fans. We have been specializing in Walking Dead spoilers for years. Now, I typically don’t deal with GOT spoilers. I leave that to the Freefolk. However, recently one of our members (someone I trust) approached us with what they believe are legit GOT spoilers that they received from their own source.

For the record, I personally CANNOT verify the accuracy of these spoilers. It’s not like TWD, where we have multiple sources that allow us to confirm information. I’m in the dark with these. But I know this community would appreciate them and can maybe make better sense out of everything. So I’m going to share what I have heard... Again, I’m not trying to say these are confirmed. I have no idea. However, they do align with some other things that have come out. I’ll let you guys draw your own conclusions.

• Something happens to make the Unsullied go bat shit crazy. They rampage kill men, women, and children. Might be related to Missandei.

• Tyrion is arrested on Dany's command but does not know his fate at this point. Though he wasn't seen again after this event from the source.

• Cersei does die. Was not told if it was by Arya or if it’s Arya disguised as Jamie when asked.

• Dany turns evil and that the actual ending is bittersweet.

• When asked if Jon kills Dany and the Iron Throne is destroyed. Source said that it was the closest anyone has guessed.

• Source asked what will happen to Bronn? It was suggested that he’d play a pertinent role.

I might potentially learn a bit more later. I’ll be sure to share.

Posted by gotit1111, his source gets access to the episode a week early.  He himself got to watch season 7 and we got lots of leaks of all the episodes before they aired. The downside is his source gets specifics wrong since he doesn't seem to understand what he's watching.

"So got some info. Looks like it confirms some of the leaks mentioned above. Varys dies next episode (Dany burns him alive), Dany and Unsullied fuck up kings landing and they begin to surrender but the surrender bells that sound off in a tower literally "break" Dany mentally and she goes pure mad targaryan. It sounds like it is setting up Jon and Grey Worm confrontation. Grey Worm also lets his anger get the better of him as Lannister troops surrender he says fuck it and throws a spear at a soldier which starts a crazy riot where Dany's army starts raping and pillaging everyone. Jon is like wtf apparantly but gets caught up in the battle to really do anything (lannisters start attacking again). There was a leak I read earlier I'll try and find it because what my source was telling me was very similiar to that leak and they more or less confirmed everything in that leak 100% true."

"Yeah i think Unsullied are just indiscriminately killing (women and children) and Dothraki go on a rape rampage. Source didnt get specific but I dont see Unsullied doing any penetrating except with an actual spear. Cleganebowl happens this episode (5) and they do both die. Grey Worm and Jon have a big stare down and Grey Worm thinks Jon is gonna start killing Unsullied so hes like waiting for Jon to turn on Dany so he can kill him but a Lannister soldier distracts Jon instead. Source says they are heavily saying Dany is going mad so I would put some weight to the leaks saying Jon kills Dany. I mentioned that to the source and they just said "Oh yeah definitely leading up to that" so take that for what it is. No mention of Arya unfortunately, she must be more for episode 6? Not sure. Honestly when they told me "bells make her snap" my jaw hit the floor. Im personally not liking these and the more silly ones (Bran becoming the king) have a very real possibility of being legit imo. Hopefully the execution is better."

58 minutes ago, Red Dragon10 said:

:lmao:Oh man.  So true.  So very true.  Everyone here tries to cook up complex reasons for why things play out the way they do (another example is the explanation for why Jon didn't pet or talk to Ghost...the real answer:  expensive and time consuming).  But the truth is the answer we are all afraid of:  the one where nothing on the screen actually matters or has a deep meaning.  What you see is what you get. :mellow:

Only when we’re lucky enough to actually see anything! :D

16 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

Isn't it possible that the Jon kills Dany leaks are the fake one since they are more propagated? And the "bit better endings" are the true ones ?

I'm so upset. 

When are we burning D&D

No? A primary source is an animator on their VFX team. They don't waste money to animate fake scenes. The question is if it happens at the end of this episode or sometime next. I don't think we are real sure.

Edit: Also at the point of what Daenerys and her army will have done to the city and all the innocent people, her end couldn't possibly be good.

3 hours ago, Westerosi said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Varys, Sansa, and even Tyrion are not focusing their outrage on what Cersei has done and what she is doing now. We rarely hear about what happened at the Sept of Balor and the surrounding neighborhoods with all that wild fire. It’s brushed under the rug by D&D. The end result of it was just Cersei becoming queen despite having no legitimate claim. They are not showing outrage that Cersei would use the poor as human shields. It’s all side stepped. The focus is on trying to convince us in the last 3 episodes that Dany is unhinged and scary. It’s pointed out to us that Tyrion is quite literally scared of Dany by Sansa.  Good grief!  He certainly was never scared of Cersei, Tywin, or Joffrey despite the repeated attempts to have him killed. It’s all so contrived that I want to puke.

Straw Man. No one, absolutely NO ONE outside the walls of KL is lobbying for Cercei to remain on the Iron Throne.

1 hour ago, Targaryen Peas said:

Isn't it possible that the Jon kills Dany leaks are the fake one since they are more propagated? And the "bit better endings" are the true ones ?

I'm so upset. 

When are we burning D&D

Please try not to be upset — at least until after the show is over ten days from now on May 19th. Even when there were leaks that have turned out to be true, they’ve never conveyed the surrounding in-story context. So they never seem to make any sense at all, being random glimpses into the future but no path leading up to them nor away from them afterwards.

Remember too that death isn't what it used to be. Beric and Benjen were dead, but still good people afterwards. Even Jon himself is dead from never-healing wounds. You wouldn't expect him to take a living woman to wife, now would you? That wouldn't be fair to either of them.

The books have been telegraphing all this for what seems like decades now, but only as distant legends handed down orally for millennia, like the story of Gilgamesh. So when we hear the tales of Azor Ahai and his sacrifice of Nissa Nissa for love, we have to mix that with the tale of the strange sorceries and forbidden love said to have gone on for many years at the Nightfort with its King and pale Queen. Eldritch though they were, those two were in actual love, and lived for a time among men.  Remember that Dany's final treason is the one for love; perhaps somehow Jon slays her because of how much he loves her.

And then something unforeseeable happens, some sort of unlooked for eucatastrophe after all is lost. 

We have no idea just how this is going to work out, but the showrunners are not trying to sabotage their own show and bring the wrath of millions upon them forevermore.  They have a stake in this.

I'm personally looking most forward to the role that Bran will play in the resolution, whether that's revealing all kinds of things we're still dying to know like all these secret conversations, what haunting words Varys heard in the fire, what Melisandre had been doing in Volantis, him warging Drogon to spirit Dany's body away so that she can be brought back by the Children on the Isle of Faces.

Perhaps best of all is the possibility that Bran will interact with three different gods somehow. There's got to be a reason for the scene with Ser Davos and Tyrion after the Battle of Winterfell where Davos was carping about the Lord of Light having had his way with things and then buggering off without letting anybody in on anything.

That's not just a gripe; it's a cue for the audience, a foreshadowing that needs payback. Not quite a gun left lying about from the previous act, but the same sort of idea.

2 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

I'm so upset. 

When are we burning D&D

I think the real sickener is that dany may not go mad, but gets blamed for burning the city (which cersei does).  Jon kills dany believing she destroyed KL (cersei wins even in death)...

I think the leaks have been leaked to prepare fans for this...

I so hope it is different as I have spent the last week, trying to my heads around this. I am upset too - it is not bittersweet. but I also think dany has to mirror jons history, hence the knife in the heart, etc

I will help you build the fire

9 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I think the real sickener is that dany may not go mad, but gets blamed for burning the city (which cersei does).  Jon kills dany believing she destroyed KL (cersei wins even in death)...

Can you imagine his mortification when he finally learns that he was tricked into this? That's bridge-jumping levels of pain.

But that cannot be the actual ending. It would crush everyone. There will be a eucatastrophic twist, just you wight and see.

13 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Please try not to be upset — at least until after the show is over ten days from now on May 19th. Even when there were leaks that have turned out to be true, they’ve never conveyed the surrounding in-story context. So they never seem to make any sense at all, being random glimpses into the future but no path leading up to them nor away from them afterwards.

Remember too that death isn't what it used to be. Beric and Benjen were dead, but still good people afterwards. Even Jon himself is dead from never-healing wounds. You wouldn't expect him to take a living woman to wife, now would you? That wouldn't be fair to either of them.

The books have been telegraphing all this for what seems like decades now, but only as distant legends handed down orally for millennia, like the story of Gilgamesh. So when we hear the tales of Azor Ahai and his sacrifice of Nissa Nissa for love, we have to mix that with the tale of the strange sorceries and forbidden love said to have gone on for many years at the Nightfort with its King and pale Queen. Eldritch though they were, those two were in actual love, and lived for a time among men.  Remember that Dany's final treason is the one for love; perhaps somehow Jon slays her because of how much he loves her.

And then something unforeseeable happens, some sort of unlooked for eucatastrophe after all is lost. 

We have no idea just how this is going to work out, but the showrunners are not trying to sabotage their own show and bring the wrath of millions upon them forevermore.  They have a stake in this.

I'm personally looking most forward to the role that Bran will play in the resolution, whether that's revealing all kinds of things we're still dying to know like all these secret conversations, what haunting words Varys heard in the fire, what Melisandre had been doing in Volantis, him warging Drogon to spirit Dany's body away so that she can be brought back by the Children on the Isle of Faces.

Perhaps best of all is the possibility that Bran will interact with three different gods somehow. There's got to be a reason for the scene with Ser Davos and Tyrion after the Battle of Winterfell where Davos was carping about the Lord of Light having had his way with things and then buggering off without letting anybody in on anything.

That's not just a gripe; it's a cue for the audience, a foreshadowing that needs payback. Not quite a gun left lying about from the previous act, but the same sort of idea.

thank you for this...I am not a book reader this development with dany has caught me off guard. perhaps she will be brought back, hence the water fall scene with Jon, we could spemd a 1000 years here and no one would find us...

19 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I will help you build the fire

That would be just too hard to watch.

When we lost a lot of other loved characters, it was hard, but it made sense, somehow. 

But this is on another level of wickedness. 

*Brings wood*

22 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I read the books too and can understand what you are saying. But I can't see the show having such a deep, complex ending, with only 2 episodes left and a lot of characters storylines to wrap. But then again, I hope I'm wrong. 
I'm supposed to be writing cover letters, but I can't focus. 

10 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Can you imagine his mortification when he finally learns that he was tricked into this? That's bridge-jumping levels of pain.

But that cannot be the actual ending. It would crush everyone. There will be a eucatastrophic twist, just you wight and see.

I know how much can the poor guy take, no wonder kit was in tears  at the table read.  I so hope you are right and I if things do go as per leaks, I hope for them both to be in the waterfall together. I mean jon snow is immortal right? there lives are a reflection of each other but perhaps in reverse. you are right that would be a horrific ending, so I hope there is more to it

4 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Has this been posted yet?

Of all the show theorizing we do just to try and find some semblance of logic, it is best just to go with the simplest, often dumbest, idea. Bran was just sitting there :rolleyes:. And what's with the, "as far as I understand it," line? This is not the first time Isaac and many other actors have mentioned they don't truly understand their characters.

• "As far as I understand it, he's just in the ravens," Isaac Hempstead Wright said to The NY Times.

"He's just keeping tabs on the battle. But having lots of shots of ravens flying around wouldn't be much of interest! And it would be pretty impractical for him to be like, 'Hey, Theon, can you go run over there and tell this guy to get out of the way of that guy?'

"Bran recognises that all he can do is sit there and let whatever happens, happen. We saw how quickly all their plans disintegrated! There would have been no chance of an efficient communication system."

The actor also said that he reckoned the reason for the extended look between Bran and the Night King was Bran wordlessly expressing a sort of pity for his would-be murderer. https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27417205/game-of-thrones-season-8-battle-of-winterfell-bran-stark/

This is just a nightmare.

19 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

8 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

That would be just too hard to watch.

When we lost a lot of other loved characters, it was hard, but it made sense, somehow. 

But this is on another level of wickedness. 

*Brings wood*

I will start with burning all my Thrones-DVDs and Bluerays alive.

All the endless hours I vasted watching them. Again and again. Being fooled into believing they were meaningful.

When the show just is drowned in a sea of crudeness and cynicism.

4 minutes ago, Torienne said:

I will start with burning all my Thrones-DVDs and Bluerays alive.

All the endless hours I vasted watching them. Again and again. Being fooled into believing they were meaningful.

When the show just is drowned in a sea of crudeness and cynicism.

Imagine then reading the books. 

Because even if GRRM is a genius and can write this ending in a way that will be satisfying.

I don't think a majority of people will read it as the masterpiece it can be. 

The show leaving a too deep mark in our broken souls. 

Archived