Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Can you imagine his mortification when he finally learns that he was tricked into this? That's bridge-jumping levels of pain.

But that cannot be the actual ending. It would crush everyone. There will be a eucatastrophic twist, just you wight and see.

Him living a depressing life after Dany’s death would make sense if he found out she wasn’t responsible for the burning

10 minutes ago, longest night said:

All the reliable leaks point toward Daenerys just going bat shit crazy. When she starts threatening to burn and execute everyone, Jon sticks a sword in her.

I hate you, whoever you are :'(

People are here, mourning their loss to the winds of winter, seeking hope for spring. 

And here you are, repeating, as a senile old lady, who's tongue is filled with poison, words that brings doom to human's hearts. 

We should stick swords in you too.  

15 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

I hate you, whoever you are :'(

People are here, mourning their loss to the winds of winter, seeking hope for spring. 

And here you are, repeating, as a senile old lady, who's tongue is filled with poison, words that brings doom to human's hearts. 

We should stick swords in you too.  

Reality sucks, doesn't it? Even when it's fantasy.

7 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Jon killing Daenerys by mistake is supposed to be a bittersweet ending??? I'll throw the books in the trash can…

The leaks sound so mad and stupid. 

They feel like D&D hate the story and want to fuck with us all... 

Like the big moment of season 8 is Dany goes mad and Jon has to kill her... Then we have the council of idiots ruling westeros with some kind of democracy... 

They have to want to ruin the story for everybody in order to write this.. 

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Can you imagine his mortification when he finally learns that he was tricked into this? That's bridge-jumping levels of pain.

But that cannot be the actual ending. It would crush everyone. There will be a eucatastrophic twist, just you wight and see.

you have brought me some hope - I can imagine the end scene, with bran explain to all what has really happened for us to transition to jon and dany - similar to the rhaegar and lyanna getting married. thankyou

(Long time lurker here, hello ! o/)

I've been pretty bummed by the "Jon killing Dany" leak, really, it didn't make any sense to me... that's definitely not what I would call bittersweet.

I thought that the spanish leak rang more true that the other ones, but still, one of the other ones nailed what happened in the previous episodes and STILL has the Jon kills Dany in it. It also tells that Drogon takes away Dany's body.

I started believing that maybe it was a false leak planted inside true ones, to make us doubt/believe it, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I found two interesting leaks while searching :

See the first one was posted on the 15th April, and nails it until now. The second one has this interesting line "The betrayal reveal is a scene with Jon, Sansa, Dany and Arya".

So how is it possible to reconciliate all of this?

Well I may be wearing my tinfoil hat here, but what if all of this is a plan to trap Tyrion ? What if Jon "stabs" Dany, and Drogon takes her body so that Tyrion couldn't see that she wasn't really dead? (yeah I know, that could sound weird, I don't know how they would manage the fake stabbing :D) Tyrion seeing that would reveal himself, and his treason to Dany.

Actually, I think that when we see Sansa telling Tyrion Jon's secret, she's not actually breaking an oath, but setting in motion a plan to trap Tyrion, a plan that they all decided in the Godswood, after the reveal.

That would really go well with another thing that was said in the spanish leak thread :

-Q: How will Tyrion's betrayal come to light? / Leak makes no context of how Tyrion will betray Dany

A: Bran will reveal everything that happened between Cersei and Tyrion next episode

Because yes, we still don't know exactly what Tyrion and Cersei told each other last season...

Oh another thing, I have a feeling that Emilia's interview where she says that she was really depressed reading Dany's end is just a big red herring put in place to make us believe that she is going to get mad (they already did something like that with Jon's "death", why wouldn't they do that now?)

... Or maybe I'm just totally wrong and we're all going to cry in two weeks, you know :D But at least I have some hope until then...

3 minutes ago, Maelia said:

I've been pretty bummed by the "Jon killing Dany" leak, really, it didn't make any sense to me... that's definitely not what I would call bittersweet.

I thought that the spanish leak rang more true that the other ones, but still, one of the other ones nailed what happened in the previous episodes and STILL has the Jon kills Dany in it. It also tells that Drogon takes away Dany's body.

I started believing that maybe it was a false leak planted inside true ones, to make us doubt/believe it, but I'm not so sure anymore.

See the first one was posted on the 15th April, and nails it until now. The second one has this interesting line "The betrayal reveal is a scene with Jon, Sansa, Dany and Arya".

Well I may be wearing my tinfoil hat here, but what if all of this is a plan to trap Tyrion ? What if Jon "stabs" Dany, and Drogon takes her body so that Tyrion couldn't see that she wasn't really dead? (yeah I know, that could sound weird, I don't know how they would manage the fake stabbing :D) Tyrion seeing that would reveal himself, and his treason to Dany.

Actually, I think that when we see Sansa telling Tyrion Jon's secret, she's not actually breaking an oath, but setting in motion a plan to trap Tyrion, a plan that they all decided in the Godswood, after the reveal.

That would really go well with another thing that was said in the spanish leak thread :

Because yes, we still don't know exactly what Tyrion and Cersei told each other last season...

Oh another thing, I have a feeling that Emilia's interview where she says that she was really depressed reading Dany's end is just a big red herring put in place to make us believe that she is going to get mad (they already did something like that with Jon's "death", why wouldn't they do that now?)

... Or maybe I'm just totally wrong and we're all going to cry in two weeks, you know :D But at least I have some hope until then...

That would be good. Extremely stupid, but good. 

57 minutes ago, divica said:

The leaks sound so mad and stupid. 

They feel like D&D hate the story and want to fuck with us all... 

Like the big moment of season 8 is Dany goes mad and Jon has to kill her... Then we have the council of idiots ruling westeros with some kind of democracy... 

They have to want to ruin the story for everybody in order to write this.. 

It’s totally crap. Plus why to kill her? Dany it’s a small person, can’t he just lock her away? If Drogon has no problem John killing her, probably wouldn’t have problem also locking her away. And where Tyrion trial stands in all these things? I can’t make a sense out of this paranoia. 

40 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Jon killing Daenerys by mistake is supposed to be a bittersweet ending??? I'll throw the books in the trash can…

54 minutes ago, Maelia said:

My opinions on this season probably wont change but if this is true then I'm here for it. I won' deny that it will be some sort of compensation for how the series has turned out.

It sounds too good to be true but I'm still excited at the idea. Like I said when I first came to this side of the forum, since reading the books and watching the series I have not read a single spoiler but the last 4 episodes annoyed me so much that I wanted to find something that would excite me for the last 2 episodes, I've just found it.

The series have gone beyond making sense now anyway so the least they could have done is to give us viewers something that we want to see.

Quite frankly I am under the impression that all the Sevilla stuff may be a ruse made by the production. I doubt there’s any scene filmed in the Dragon Pit.

That said... I am also under the impression that there’s not any big plan Tyrion/Cersei. But... Cersei may not be pregnant at all and she’s playing Tyrion since day one. That to burn them all at once. 

That may also be the reason as to why she didn’t kill him in the last episode.

She’s waiting for them all (the rest of the alliance army, Jon and the northmen)...

One big trap to get rid of all the problems.

1 hour ago, Nightwish said:

It’s totally crap. Plus why to kill her? Dany it’s a small person, can’t he just lock her away? If Drogon has no problem John killing her, probably wouldn’t have problem also locking her away. And where Tyrion trial stands in all these things? I can’t make a sense out of this paranoia. 

This, x 1,000. Even if most of the leaks are correct in the Dany suddenly goes mad bs, which is just so truly horrible I can’t even, Jon killing her would probably be the last nail in the coffin of his character assassination as well. 

Awesome! In one fell swoop (the 2 very last episodes) they manage to completely butcher and ruin the two main characters. And then they can join ALL the other characters who have been destroyed along the way, :ack:

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

This, x 1,000. Even if most of the leaks are correct in the Dany suddenly goes mad bs, which is just so truly horrible I can’t even, Jon killing her would probably be the last nail in the coffin of his character assassination as well. 

Awesome! In one fell swoop (the 2 very last episodes) they manage to completely butcher and ruin the two main characters. And then they can join ALL the other characters who have been destroyed along the way, :ack:

Like someone said above I think the best we can hope at the moment is that Jon and Danny fake him killing her in order to catch tyrion's scheme. 

We have 2 legit leakers with contradicting spoilers. So probably they did film fake scenes. Therefore nobody really knows what might happen... 

And tyrion being a traitor explains why euron was at dragonstone.... And it might even explain the plans Cersei said she had for Danny... 

I think Tyrion being a traitor could also be D&D's 3rd WTF moment : not so much the traitor part I think, but the fact that he betrays Dany for Cersei (which would be, I think, Dany's betrayal for love).

11 minutes ago, Maelia said:

I think Tyrion being a traitor could also be D&D's 3rd WTF moment : not so much the traitor part I think, but the fact that he betrays Dany for Cersei (which would be, I think, Dany's betrayal for love).

In the books I can t see him betray danny for Cersei... 

For his nephews? Sure

For Jaime? Yeah

For his family as whole? Probably

For Cersei? No

Maybe not Cersei directly, but for the child she bears ? (or that he thinks she bears)

Still, whatever the reason, he's siding with her, I would say.

edit: Well, on the other hand, we don't know if Cersei will still be alive at this point in the books, so we'll see I guess :read:

I am far for thinking that D&D did a good job. That from before season 7 ever haired.

That said, if you really believe that Dany’s path toward the “mad Queen attitude” started only with the last episode or that this evolution is out of character.. I think you’re truly mistaken.

Archived