Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

The Others have been defeated.

And? Where does it say that this costum of the starks was because of the others?

And if it was why was it important to have a stark in winterfell?

14 minutes ago, divica said:

And? Where does it say that this costum of the starks was because of the others?

And if it was why was it important to have a stark in winterfell?

Unfortunately, this might be cut from the final episode so that they can save that for the dumb boring prequels. Really annoying if so.

8 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Cersei's lies about her pregnancy may have to wait till next week when Bran and Sansa finally make it down to the aftermath in King's Landing. Not sure on that one.

Some of those make no sense. And aren't even spoilers.

Yara splitting her forces on land and water...what forces? Yara has like 5 people. Sansa not being evil and playing against Dany. Neither is a spoiler. Sansa is not evil and she's not been playing for Dany all Season. Arya doesn't kill Dany. Did anyone actually think she would? Jon/Dany don't get married. Not really news, since they didn't get married when it mattered. Now would be pointless.

And how is it that all these people coming out with spoilers, barely anyone has yet actually said anything about the ending? There is 'Bran rules with a non-believable council'. And then Friki with the Tyrion trial which is done with the new ruling council or something which has leaders from all Kingdoms.

27 minutes ago, Mystical said:

And how is it that all these people coming out with spoilers, barely anyone has yet actually said anything about the ending? There is 'Bran rules with a non-believable council'. And then Friki with the Tyrion trial which is done with the new ruling council or something which has leaders from all Kingdoms.

There are several reasons for that. First off, nearly no one has access to the last episode and it's extremely tightly held. Another reason is that they actually did shoot multiple endings, and even sent some of them to post. Apparently they'll figure into some ultra deluxe DVD set of all eight seconds. The ones I linked to are both from the same person ultimately, someone who did have 806 access. However, they didn't know which ending was really going to be used; depending on which one is used they also have to swap around like three other 806 scenes.

There were apparently at least five endings shot, not counting the swapped around earlier scenes those would require. In only one ending does Dany not die, but in two of the four she dies in she doesn't stay dead. One ending does have Bran scoop up Dany's body from the throne room and fly her directly to the Isle of Faces so she can get the Benjen treatment from the Children there and afterwards she becomes what the legends called the Night's Queen where she'll settle down with Jon and Ghost up in the far north. Another ending has Gendry proclaimed king. A completely different one has Arya shacking up with Gendry now and then but the two of them never marrying. There's also one in which there's a major twist involving a Faceless Man (not Arya) pretending to be somebody major.

None of them have this trash about Bran being made king. Or the stupid bells crap. Folks are just winding you up.

One of the endings was very much GRRM's ending, but the rest were not. B&W were going to leave the decision to Martin whether to go ahead and use his own ending for the show. That's the most closely guarded secret of all: which he said to go with. I sure hope he picks his own ending, because that's bound to be the one that most ties things together with all the earlier beats, and gives us some real closure and explanation.

The Tyrion trial bit came from a film leak from someone on that set when that scene was actually shot; I guess it was a five-day shoot, which probably means it's going to be in 806 since that's too many days to blow for a quick alternate ending that won't happen anyway (see Gendry). What we don't know is just how it will be used in the final 806 because its resolution was shot in a closed studio in Belfast instead of in Spain, and there were apparently a couple different ways that part could go. My guess is that Tyrion buys it because this is in fact a tragedy, but nobody is sure.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

One of the endings was very much GRRM's ending, but the rest were not. B&W were going to leave the decision to Martin whether to go ahead and use his own ending for the show. That's the most closely guarded secret of all: which he said to go with.

Where is this coming from? 

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Where is this coming from? 

Simon says, a cloaked eight-oh-sixer who tried to dispel some of the nonsense fakes that were going around because they were so insultingly stupid. He didn't give away any really big oh-shit reveals, but still he got put down anyway.

5 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Simon says, a cloaked eight-oh-sixer who tried to dispel some of the nonsense fakes that were going around because they were so insultingly stupid. He didn't give away any really big oh-shit reveals, but still he got put down anyway.

Yeah, he convinces me.

Tbh, whoever ends up sat on the slicey seat is a big yawn for me. I like that he insinuates (and he can't know as he doesn't know which combo of multi-endings will be used) that the final scene will be back at Winterfell with treeboy. That I'm really looking forward to.

7 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I see. This leaker/"insider" is for real, whereas all the others, including the ones who apparently nailed eps 3 & 4 (I think?) aren't. All righty then. 

Just now, House Cambodia said:

Yeah, he convinces me.

Tbh, whoever ends up sat on the slicey seat is a big yawn for me. I like that he insinuates (and he can't know as he doesn't know which combo of multi-endings will be used) that the final scene will be back at Winterfell with treeboy. That I'm really looking forward to.

I'm really looking forward to Bran giving us answers we wouldn't ever have gotten otherwise, almost as much as Bran "being" Drogon for 806.

But I really can't figure out why in 806 Bran might show us Mel going back to Volantis and getting the scoop from Kinvara about what words Varys heard in the flames when the sorcerer burnt Varys’s manhood in the blue flame. After all, Mel and Varys will both be dead by that point!

The only straw I can clutch at is that it would be if they go the route of showing us some of the underlying god-game as Simon suggested would happen in one of the endings, the one where Bran "interacts" with "three different gods".

But honestly, I have no idea.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I see. This leaker/"insider" is for real, whereas all the others, including the ones who apparently nailed eps 3 & 4 (I think?) aren't. All righty then. 

Here's the thing: he told us things about both 805 and 806, things that no one before him had even hinted at. In less than a day we'll know whether he was telling the truth about 805. Which quickly tells us whether his all-important 806 info is to be taken seriously. People specifically challenged him to do this, and he put out. Since the proof of the pudding is to be found by eating it, in less than twenty-four hours we'll know whether we get dessert after all. That's pretty exciting, eh? And it's not a long time to wait either; none of this wait for weeks or months to find out whether someone has bona fide info. We'll know really quite soon.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Here's the thing: he told us things about both 805 and 806, things that no one before him had even hinted at. In less than a day we'll know whether he was telling the truth about 805. Which quickly tells us whether his all-important 806 info is to be taken seriously. People specifically challenged him to do this, and he put out. Since the proof of the pudding is to be found by eating it, in less than twenty-four hours we'll know whether we get dessert after all. That's pretty exciting, eh? And it's not a long time to wait either; none of this wait for weeks or months to find out whether someone has bona fide info. We'll know really quite soon.

That's correct re. ep 5. However, he has clearly stated that multiple endings were shot for ep6, many of which he was present for, but he - and even the actors - don't know which ones are used in ep 6. So no one can spoil the ending for definite, which is pretty cool.

8 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

That's correct re. ep 5. However, he has clearly stated that multiple endings were shot for ep6, many of which he was present for, but he - and even the actors - don't know which ones are used in ep 6. So no one can spoil the ending for definite, which is pretty cool.

That guy again...

Acording to him they filmed more time of fake scenes than real ones… I am don t even sure if he didn t contradict himself...

8 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

If the actors don't know why are they looking so embarrassed, even depressed, in interviews?

6 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

If the actors don't know why are they looking so embarrassed, even depressed, in interviews?

I think it is either a marketing strategy because we will hate ep5 but they will make things better in ep 6 or the season is really just very bad. 

The strange part is that despite everyone disliking the season D&D just went ahead and did this shit... 

1 hour ago, divica said:

I think it is either a marketing strategy because we will hate ep5 but they will make things better in ep 6 or the season is really just very bad. 

The strange part is that despite everyone disliking the season D&D just went ahead and did this shit... 

By the time they saw the actors' faces it was probably too late. They realised even their beloved stars couldn't hide their confusion and disappointment.

3 minutes ago, Faera said:

By the time they saw the actors' faces it was probably too late. They realised even their beloved stars couldn't hide their confusion and disappointment.

They could still change things at that point. Maybe not everything, but a lot could be changed.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

They could still change things at that point. Maybe not everything, but a lot could be changed.

But is that really any better. They've changed things at the last minute before and it managed to make things worse.

Archived