Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

12 minutes ago, divica said:

The character that best represents D&D is definitily hodor or patchface

That is an insult to Hodor. 

47 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I have a feeling D&D see themselves in Bronn lol

Pointless, annoying, should have been dropped at the end of S4...

Seems legit.

1 hour ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

On freefolk, they have leaks for episode 5, but two different endings for episode 6.

In the first one by Frikidoctor, who is reliable, but whose leak is based on what he or others saw while shooting in Spain, Tyrion is tried for betrayal, and likely executed.

In the second one, which is from an anonymous source, which was right in the past, but could be clueless about the last episode, we end up with a ruling council of Bran (King), Tyrion, Sam, Davos, and ...Bronn!  The addition of Bronn makes me think this leak is fake because it's so ridiculous.  On the other hand, it's so random, that it could be exactly what D&D have done!  It could happen in the books Bronn remains married to Lollys, and her sister dies, but how the hell could that happen on the show?

It looks like what began as the scene that Don Friki reported so many months ago as an on-set filming filtration, mentioned above as the first leak, has simply been repackaged with minor but critical alterations to create what was above called the second leak. They've swapped what had been filmed as a trial by the regional lords into a council of the same, and they've changed this group's presiding officer from Ser Davos to Bran. Then they've gone ahead and anointed Bran King of the Seven Kingdoms. 

There cannot be a ruling council over which Bran is the King. Either there's a ruling council or a ruling monarch; you cannot have both at the same time. Even the Small Council is not a ruling council the way a Great Council is.  So we know that part is either scrambled or wrong or a lie. 

What seems certain is that Bran plays the pivotal "eyewitness" role here in revealing conspiracies. But exactly how he'll manage to prove that what he claims he's seen is true instead of a convenient fiction is something we still don't know. He'll have to somehow do that to make anything stick. That's why Sam had to supply the supporting written record of Rhaegar and Lyanna's secret wedding. Bran's word alone isn't enough.

Being a star witness of a trial isn't enough to make someone King. That's coming from elsewhere. One model explains where it may be coming from.

We'll have to wait a few hours to know whether the supposed 806 leaker Simon was who he said he was, but he guffawed loudly and repeatedly at the notion that Bran would become King. He claimed that this was in insider jest by those few who held 806 badges as a fake short-cut answer to the persistent questions about who wins that all the 806ers were getting from the much, much larger group who didn't have 806 badges. He seemed offended that an insider joke was being trotted out as gospel truth. If Simon's accounting of this is correct, then it's credible that one or even several of the great many non-806ers passed the "they make Bran King" fiction off to some non-crew confidant, and that person then diffused it to the internet in the form that we've come to hear of it. 

As for Bronn, originally no more than a fourth-string character at most who got promoted into more of a second-string role for the show, he's apparently going to do something fairly splashy, probably in tonight's battle, that gains him more prestige than you'd expect for a sellsword-turned-Ser.  Because most everything that's happened with Bronn is material that the showrunners created for him because they so enjoy working with Jerome Flynn, the character's actor, this won't actually be something that's critical to the resolution of the main plot. He won't be the one to kill any of the Targaryens or Starks or Lannisters (or the new Baratheon), because you can be sure that each of those main players will have had their ending already set up by Martin. Beyond that, as a minor character the showrunners have a lot of freedom in what they do with Bronn.

Even if whatever Bronn does that earns him accolades, Jerome Flynn was never spotted in Sevilla during the five-day Italica shoot where this supposed trial is set.  So it's unlikely that he's part of that council.

That's no great surprise, really. It's not like he's some Lord Paramount. And the whole castle thing he's purportedly owed will come to nought. Nobody seems to have noticed that Bronn lied to the two Lannister brothers when he said that Cersei had offered him Riverrun to assassinate them. That never happened. Instead, Qyburn said that she was paying him several bags of gold, and that it was already loaded up and waiting for him if he accepted the commision. He's not going to get either Riverrun or High Garden. He could only get those if Cersei dies and her side loses, and the Lannister brothers not only live but come into enough power in the new regime to grant such a kingly gift. 

Cersei wouldn't give it to him. Dany wouldn't give it to him. Jon wouldn't give it to him. Gendry wouldn't give it to him.

So unless the new monarch is one of the two Lannister boys themselves, that won't happen. And if that doesn't happen, then Bronn will have no chance of representing an entire kingdom on any eventual council great or small.   

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Simon says it's complete bollocks in every possible ending. See my other post for why.

Simon said so many things that there would need to be hours of fake scenes and he probably contradictes himself.. 

18 minutes ago, divica said:

Simon said so many things that there would need to be hours of fake scenes and he probably contradicts himself.. 

When making a film, the editors always throw away far more than they use. It costs little in comparison to that, at least if we're not talking completely finished scenes with a cast of a thousands and intricately rendered special effects.  Little intimate scenes are often shot many ways; it's a normal part of how you make a film.

And don't say "probably".  Give concrete evidence for us to judge your word by.

Or don't give any, and we'll judge it by that instead. Your call.

1 minute ago, Sheiraseastar23 said:

Gotta love how the rating for episode 5 on imdb is already a low 7.1 with 2.5k votes, without the episode having aired yet or being leaked. The hate is strong lol.

Just when you thought the confirmation bias couldn't get any worse, we're hit with pre-confirmation bias!

Haters gonna hate. Ignore them and take what joy you can in this world. 

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

LOL

Yeah, "A Dream of Spring" after that very mild and short winter would be a joke. 

Or The False Spring, or what was Lysa's song she was torturing Sansa with........ The False and The Fair.  That'd be a good one for the Ds flaky finale. 

I suspect something with dragons for tonight.   I fear The Last Dragon if Jon or Dany dies this episode, because it could just refer to Drogon, but......that's not nasty enough for them. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Or The False Spring, or what was Lysa's song she was torturing Sansa with........ The False and The Fair.  That'd be a good one for the Ds flaky finale. 

I suspect something with dragons for tonight.   I fear The Last Dragon if Jon or Dany dies this episode, because it could just refer to Drogon, but......that's not nasty enough for them. 

Oy, the secrecy around these extremely un-creative episode titles.

The Last of the Starks?  Winterfell? 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Oy, the secrecy around these extremely un-creative episode titles.

The Last of the Starks?  Winterfell? 

IKR?  And at this point.......I don't find it all that interesting or entertaining.  I'll give them A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms, that was good, in isolation and before more nonsense for the characters, LOL 

I do suspect if we are only left with One Dragon that flies and one human Targ, I may be right about The Last Dragon, eventually.  Hell, I am starting to like The False and The Fair for the finale, more and more.  But, they're not that honest about anything, so.......

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

On freefolk, they have leaks for episode 5, but two different endings for episode 6.

In the first one by Frikidoctor, who is reliable, but whose leak is based on what he or others saw while shooting in Spain, Tyrion is tried for betrayal, and likely executed.

In the second one, which is from an anonymous source, which was right in the past, but could be clueless about the last episode, we end up with a ruling council of Bran (King), Tyrion, Sam, Davos, and ...Bronn!  The addition of Bronn makes me think this leak is fake because it's so ridiculous.  On the other hand, it's so random, that it could be exactly what D&D have done!  It could happen in the books Bronn remains married to Lollys, and her sister dies, but how the hell could that happen on the show?

Bronn's already been promised Highgarden, right? They're going to make him Lord Paramount of the Reach, I bet.

1 minute ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

IKR?  And at this point.......I don't find it all that interesting or entertaining.  I'll give them A Knight of The Seven Kingdoms, that was good, in isolation and before more nonsense for the characters, LOL 

I do suspect if we are only left with One Dragon that flies and one human Targ, I may be right about The Last Dragon, eventually.  Hell, I am starting to like The False and The Fair for the finale, more and more.  But, they're not that honest about anything, so.......

Yeah, The Last Dragon sounds about right...Drogon, Dany....

So, it looks like HBO must have put the hammer down, I'm not seeing any leaks from the actual episode.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Yeah, The Last Dragon sounds about right...Drogon, Dany....

So, it looks like HBO must have put the hammer down, I'm not seeing any leaks from the actual episode.

LOL  Yeah, I'm getting a bit irritated at that.  Hell, I want a double episode total leak.  Rip the band-aid off and be done with it. 

The Mad Queen, so people are left wondering, is it Cersei? Is it Dany? I like The Last Dragon too. But it’s probably gonna be something much more pedestrian and boring than anything being suggested here. 

Archived