Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

15 minutes ago, Vaith said:

Too bad it'd be two episodes after they told Ghost to just eff off :lol: 

and then, in the "Inside the Episode", Benioff says "we kind of forgot there are no more wolfes in this story"… :lmao:

3 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

I have a feeling D&D see themselves in Bronn lol

That's it. Bronn is everything they would so much like to be themselves - cynical, greedy, horny, cocky, corrupt, the archetypal daredevil. Bronn is D&D´s wannabe alter ego.

I am absolutely sure that Bronn - as the lord of Highgarden - will next week be member of the council. And D&D will be selling this as "democratic".

4 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

On freefolk, they have leaks for episode 5, but two different endings for episode 6. 

In the first one by Frikidoctor, who is reliable, but whose leak is based on what he or others saw while shooting in Spain, Tyrion is tried for betrayal, and likely executed.

This could finally make things a little interesting, will not make up for the horrendous writing but could act as a little compensation.

4 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

In the second one, which is from an anonymous source, which was right in the past, but could be clueless about the last episode, we end up with a ruling council of Bran (King), Tyrion, Sam, Davos, and ...Bronn!  The addition of Bronn makes me think this leak is fake because it's so ridiculous.  On the other hand, it's so random, that it could be exactly what D&D have done!  It could happen in the books Bronn remains married to Lollys, and her sister dies, but how the hell could that happen on the show?

This would be awful imo and Bronn lol? The only reason that it could be entertained is because like you said it's random and that is what defines D&D's writing.

5 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

There's a great deal of irony in the way every single online forum that's allegedly devoted to the show only has people viciously hating everything about it. There are never any lasting threads expressing satisfaction with anything at all, only ones with angry dissatisfied people being loud and usually rude. It's not socially acceptable to see anything positively, only to rage against the night.

That's not me.

I still love the actors. I love the beautiful pictures. I love the music. I love the light. I even love the darkness. I still love most of the characters.

The only thing I detest and criticize is the dreadful writing. 

I don't "hate", not a TV-Show. If I would "hate" it I would not watch it. Its as simple as that. I'm still watching because I still love so many parts of it.

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

....What seems certain is that Bran plays the pivotal "eyewitness" role here in revealing conspiracies. But exactly how he'll manage to prove that what he claims he's seen is true instead of a convenient fiction...

So not only does Bran do TED Talks, he's a 'leaker' and 'fan ficcer'?

In an interview less than a month ago, Ian McElhinney (who plays Ser Barristan) reported that:

George has already written books six and seven, and as far as he’s concerned, there only are seven books. But he struck an agreement with David and Dan, the showrunners in the series, that he would not publish the final two books until the series has completed.”

3 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

In an interview less than a month ago, Ian McElhinney (who plays Ser Barristan) reported that:

George has already written books six and seven, and as far as he’s concerned, there only are seven books. But he struck an agreement with David and Dan, the showrunners in the series, that he would not publish the final two books until the series has completed.”

I don't believe this.  If it were true, for the first thing, the show wouldn't have been so terrible the last two seasons because the showrunners would have seen the final draft(s) of the books.  If you ask me, Winds is so far from completion that the showrunners were on their own in getting to the end, no chapters or anything else beyond whatever he gave them in their meeting 5? years ago.

6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I very, very much doubt this. 

Well, after Ep.3, I've actually suspected that GRRM has basically finished Winds but didn't want it to collide with the end of the TV series, because the book would be quite different from what D/D did and it would make the differences even more glaring. On the other hand, considering how bad this season is, he has a major incentive to actually finish the bloody book series. So I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement that Winds is finished and is sent to the editor comes in June or July.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I don't believe this.  If it were true, for the first thing, the show wouldn't have been so terrible the last two seasons because the showrunners would have seen the final draft(s) of the books.  If you ask me, Winds is so far from completion that the showrunners were on their own in getting to the end, no chapters or anything else beyond whatever he gave them in their meeting 5? years ago.

None of the "if it were true" bits you mention follow. And certainly they saw Winds a couple years ago. They've since said things that suggest they've seen parts of Dream as well.

But all that doesn't matter. You don't have to believe it. What you have to do is figure out why an actor would go on the record like this with what you believe to be untrue.

Here's another possibility: you aren't taking the time frames for all this into account, when what was written, etc etc.

1 minute ago, Clueless Northman said:

Well, after Ep.3, I've actually suspected that GRRM has basically finished Winds but didn't want it to collide with the end of the TV series, because the book would be quite different from what D/D did and it would make the differences even more glaring. On the other hand, considering how bad this season is, he has a major incentive to actually finish the bloody book series. So I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement that Winds is finished and is sent to the editor comes in June or July.

An announcement that TWoW is done (“son of Kong is dead!”, 5 words I most want to hear ever) on Martin’s NaB after the show wraps up is not beyond the realms of possibility imo. But from that to, “TWoW AND ADoS are done” is a huuuuuuuuge leap. And Martin has said a gazillion times, when it’s done he will announce on NaB, and no, he’s not working on both, just TWoW. So, there you have it. 

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

That’s video is not “documentation”. 

A recorded public statement by a public figure who would know, or who should know better that to lie on tape and destroy his chances of ever working again, is certainly evidence. That doesn't mean it's proof. It means it's something to consider.

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

A recorded public statement by a public figure who would know, or who should know better that to lie on tape and destroy his chances of ever working again, is certainly evidence. That doesn't mean it's proof. It means it's something to consider.

I never said McElhinney was lying. For all I know, he may truly believe what he said. He was amazing as Barristan, and he not only read the books, but prefer them over the show. His own words, not mine. But Martin, the actual author of the books, has said several times that he isn’t working on both books, and that when he is done w/ TWoW he will announce it on NaB first. Like he did w/ ADwD, and maybe AFfC, though I don’t really remember about Feast. And I believe him. 

Archived