Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

TBH I m feeling so sad,deeply Heart.I know I know its just a show and I shouldnt be surprised but seeing all these horrible things,watch Dany turned evil feeling rejected by Jon...Jon my favorite of all times mostly hated by everyone but truly loved by me and others see his sorrow his lost:mellow:was heartbreaking.I feel robbed even Cersei thé real evil queen got to die with her soulmate:ack: and feeling loved one thing Dany won’t Have when she will Stab in the heart by Jon...I know it’s Got but there were no love no justice no sweet just fire Blois and sadness.Oh my god why have I started this show?I m Quiting thé books this is just the apocalypse for me:(

14 hours ago, T and A said:

That was a good choice on their behalf, I must admit. One of their few bright moments I must say. Imagine a whole season with Briene wandering around Westeros, Quentin wandering around Essos, Tyrion wandering around Essos, introducing Aegon, Conington, Victarion, Lady Stoneheart. The hate that the show gets now? That would not happen. Because the show would not have been airing since three seasons by now.

I couldn't disagree more. First, the travelogues would surely be cut since there are only 10 episodes and a lot of characters. And the last characters you mention are actually pretty important to the story, and could have given the show a new life, instead of what we had, with the dragging of the show towards the finish.

So now that we know what spoilers were confirmed in episode 5, what does that tell us about episode 6?  Or is there still too much unknown due to multiple endings shot? 

Is the trial/execution with Tyrion going to happen?  And Jon killing Daenerys by the looks of it.  To me it looks like Arya will survive.  Sansa will rule the north.  Bran will sit somewhere looking creepy.  I have no idea about the IT.  My guess is that Jon will either die or exile himself. 

The show gets a lot of hate right now, and it is often justified.

But let's not forget that GRRMs last two books were a good read for some but would have bored as a show. And he hasn't delivered since.

And the crap ending Daenerys is getting must be his idea.

1 hour ago, Lady Anna said:

I couldn't disagree more. First, the travelogues would surely be cut since there are only 10 episodes and a lot of characters. And the last characters you mention are actually pretty important to the story, and could have given the show a new life, instead of what we had, with the dragging of the show towards the finish.

Respectfully disagree. In retrospect, the show should have gone their own ways after season 4, or maybe 5.

I refuse to believe the Jon spoilers as they are now, because they make no sense.  Bran cannot end up as King, and I will never believe that that is what Martin has in mind.   Martin has provided surprises and twists to the story, but he has always been fair and logical with the reader.  Bran is emotionally stunted, zones in and out, and appears to be unsure which world he inhabits. He cannot be the best choice to lead a terrorized city.  It makes much better sense to have Arya, who sees what is going on and what will happen to Jon, kills Dany.  Jon is then prevailed upon to take the throne as there is nobody else available and Jon has the best claim.  Someone who never wanted it, gets it but will always know the cost in terms of lives.   That would be a bittersweet moment.

54 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I refuse to believe the Jon spoilers as they are now, because they make no sense.  Bran cannot end up as King, and I will never believe that that is what Martin has in mind.   Martin has provided surprises and twists to the story, but he has always been fair and logical with the reader.  Bran is emotionally stunted, zones in and out, and appears to be unsure which world he inhabits. He cannot be the best choice to lead a terrorized city.  It makes much better sense to have Arya, who sees what is going on and what will happen to Jon, kills Dany.  Jon is then prevailed upon to take the throne as there is nobody else available and Jon has the best claim.  Someone who never wanted it, gets it but will always know the cost in terms of lives.   That would be a bittersweet moment.

No fucking way this is Martin's ending!

1. Bran is still in a cave hundreds of miles north of the wall, in the reality of the story a crippled boy would never make it south with the Others walking around everywhere north of the wall. Bran aint leaving that cave.

2. Martin does not hate Daenerys, he uses Dany to kill the people he really hates--Slavers. this will not be her ending. If the whole point was to have a Mad-Targaryen on the throne at the end he would have just left Viserys alive.

3. none of the prophecies from the books made it into the show, nothing from Dany's HotU prophecies were int he show, her 'mount to love' is Jon. Their relationship in the book will be real, not forced like Kit and Emilia who were NEVER convincing as a couple at all. the AA prophecy was left out, as was TPtwP. The Volanqar prophecy was left out. All of dorne, all of the blackfyre's, all of illyrio, basically all of Essos was all LEFT OUT. All Magic was left out.

The only thing similar about the end of the stories is that the WW's will be defeated, they will not take over the earth. other than that there'll be nothing the same.

2 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

1. Bran is still in a cave hundreds of miles north of the wall, in the reality of the story a crippled boy would never make it south with the Others walking around everywhere north of the wall. Bran aint leaving that cave.

2. Martin does not hate Daenerys, he uses Dany to kill the people he really hates--Slavers. this will not be her ending. If the whole point was to have a Mad-Targaryen on the throne at the end he would have just left Viserys alive.

3. none of the prophecies from the books made it into the show, nothing from Dany's HotU prophecies were int he show, her 'mount to love' is Jon. Their relationship in the book will be real, not forced like Kit and Emilia who were NEVER convincing as a couple at all. the AA prophecy was left out, as was TPtwP. The Volanqar prophecy was left out. All of dorne, all of the blackfyre's, all of illyrio, basically all of Essos was all LEFT OUT. All Magic was left out.

The only thing similar about the end of the stories is that the WW's will be defeated, they will not take over the earth. other than that there'll be nothing the same.

I think you're wrong on Dany, this is how her book story will end as well, in tragedy.  

Well, we can certainly conclude that D&D made it either look or actually filmed fake scenes: because we have these pictures of Kit walking down the stairs and talking to Lena with the actor who plays Gregor Clegane, and seemingly D&D directing, etc... but those are fake. Cersei and Gregor are dead, and Jon never gets to meet or speak to them.

So, I would only trust VFX-maker and post-production related leaks. Not what people who worked on set saw.

1 hour ago, Lady Anna said:

I genuinely hate the ideia of Jon killing Dany, and also of him becoming king, especially after doing something like that. 

Jon won't be king according to the leaks, so at least you have that going for you.

Just now, sweetsunray said:

Well, we can certainly conclude that D&D made it either look or actually filmed fake scenes: because we have these pictures of Kit walking down the stairs and talking to Lena with the actor who plays Gregor Clegane, and seemingly D&D directing, etc... but those are fake. Cersei and Gregor are dead, and Jon never gets to meet or speak to them.

That was Jon's body double, pretty sure Friki already talked about those fake scenes in his leaks. Although he has been wrong in many things too.

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

Maybe Carol adopted the IB faith of the Drowned God when she shacked up w/ Pacey. Therefore, what is dead may never die! :D

1 minute ago, Xemi said:

Jon won't be king according to the leaks, so at least you have that going for you.

That was Jon's body double, pretty sure Friki already talked about those fake scenes in his leaks. Although he has been wrong in many things too.

No, that's not the picture stuff of Kit going down a staircase and acting with Lena Hedai. It's not related to the Dragonstone scene. The latter was "filmed" in Spain, the scene between Kit and Lena was in Dubrovnik.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, who dies next week? Other than Dany.

And Bran Sam Davos and BRONN will rule, that it? They’re gonna make Westeros great again! 

arya can still die or outside chance tyrion or drogon

48 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Bran is definitely leaving the cave. “Hold the door” came directly from GRRM as one of the 3 big wtf moments he told D&D about.

And sadly I think Dany’s endgame will be the same in the books. He probably will set it up better if he ever bothers to finish them, but the major characters endings are going to be the same. Sucks that’s where he decided to go with her, but here we are. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

So, who dies next week? Other than Dany.

And Bran Sam Davos and BRONN will rule, that it? They’re gonna make Westeros great again! 

Dany will be the only death. She deserves to be the biggest and final one of the series. I’m at least glad she didn’t have to go out along with the twins, Cleganes, and Euron. 

4 hours ago, alienarea said:

The show gets a lot of hate right now, and it is often justified.

But let's not forget that GRRMs last two books were a good read for some but would have bored as a show. And he hasn't delivered since.

And the crap ending Daenerys is getting must be his idea.

Agreed.

And am starting to think that the leaks about Jon's  going North to the Wall will hold--he goes hoping to end the Winter once and for all.

Am also wondering if Westeros is permanently "cursed"--and there's no way to "fix" it. No way to end the unnatural seasons. No way to fix what's been broken. It just needs to be eternally endured. Eternally atoned for by the Starks (original Night's Kings).

Thus, the series only ends with a Dream of Spring--not attainable, only dreamed for.

If so, the leaks that Jon goes back to the Watch might make sense.

Now, why he's a Targaryen and why he was resurrected? Those are just hanging there.

Not to mention why on earth greyscale is a thing.

But D&D like dropping things off of narrative cliffs.

Archived