Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 minute ago, Nami said:

I don't think she will go nuts. I believe she is Nissa Nissa and Jon will kill her to forge the Lightbringer.

But even if she goes insane, I'm pretty sure it won't be in the last chapter of the last book and switched on because she hears bells and because "boohoo the North doesn't lovemeee they loveyouuu"

lol what a joke

Lol. What a post. I am pretty sure I said that we can't know how it is done in the books. Only that at the end it will happen.  How she gets there, only George might know. Read before you comment.

1 hour ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

I feel your pain...they have turned 2 adored characters into being hated...

But 

Dany vision in halls of undying has not been totally completed yet. There maybe some hope for them..

Thank u ...a girl can dream:blush:

Just now, T and A said:

Lol. What a post. I am pretty sure I said that we can't know how it is done in the books. Only that at the end it will happen.  How she gets there, only George might know. Read before you comment.

Um, why are you defensive?
I didn't exactly disagree with you, I'm just saying what I think it will happen and making fun of the awful writing. Wtf.

5 minutes ago, divica said:

I think there are doubts.

Do you think so many things will happen after they defeat the others? Don t Forget that nothing in this situation explains the policies of whoever will become king...

Yes. Actually I never thought that the Others will be the last enemy. Even before season 7 and 8 aired I thought that GRRM is gonna do it similar to Tolkien. Sauron gets defeated and there are still more then 100 pages of story. GRRM allways said that he admired that. Will it be like in the show? Vagualy. But definitively more fleshed out and more logical and better written.

4 minutes ago, Nami said:

Um, why are you defensive?
I didn't exactly disagree with you, I'm just saying what I think it will happen and making fun of the awful writing. Wtf.

I thought the "What a joke" was meant for my post. If not, sorry :laugh:

4 minutes ago, T and A said:

Yes. Actually I never thought that the Others will be the last enemy. Even before season 7 and 8 aired I thought that GRRM is gonna do it similar to Tolkien. Sauron gets defeated and there are still more then 100 pages of story. GRRM allways said that he admired that. Will it be like in the show? Vagualy. But definitively more fleshed out and more logical and better written.

Have you seen how long these eps were?

For Grrm writing what happens in these last 3 eps in a satisfying way would be at least half a book or more… 

Whatever happens after the ww acording to his interviews will be more related to decide who will be in the smallcouncil, what policies the king will have, how will be the aliances… Basically world building.

Dealing with a mad danny burning KL and then deciding all these things is too much...

8 minutes ago, divica said:

Have you seen how long these eps were?

For Grrm writing what happens in these last 3 eps in a satisfying way would be at least half a book or more… 

Whatever happens after the ww acording to his interviews will be more related to decide who will be in the smallcouncil, what policies the king will have, how will be the aliances… Basically world building.

Dealing with a mad danny burning KL and then deciding all these things is too much...

How many books are out there? How many pages about power, politics and the Iron throne are there? How many pages about the Others are there? This story was allways mainly about Westeros politics. What is the focus of the books really? We have seen 72% of the story so far. You really think George would wait that long with the Others if they were the whole focus of the story. He barely has touched them. 

4 minutes ago, T and A said:

How many books are out there? How many pages about power, politics and the Iron throne are there? How many pages about the Others are there? This story was allways mainly about Westeros politics. What is the focus of the books really? We have seen 72% of the story so far. You really think George would wait that long with the Others if they were the whole focus of the story. He barely has touched them. 

If you do the math the others story appear in a lot of pages.  You have jon, sam, bran and even an ocasional chapter from davos because of the AA profecy.

And then not all the other povs are about the politics for the IT...

6 minutes ago, divica said:

If you do the math the others story appear in a lot of pages.  You have jon, sam, bran and even an ocasional chapter from davos because of the AA profecy.

And then not all the other povs are about the politics for the IT...

But all the other POV, except the one you mentioned are explicitely NOT about the Others. Even Davos POV is mostly not about the Others. And they outnumber what you mentioned. Case, you just made my point.

4 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

No fucking way this is Martin's ending!

1. Bran is still in a cave hundreds of miles north of the wall, in the reality of the story a crippled boy would never make it south with the Others walking around everywhere north of the wall. Bran aint leaving that cave.

Hodor

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Bran is definitely leaving the cave. “Hold the door” came directly from GRRM as one of the 3 big wtf moments he told D&D about.

And sadly I think Dany’s endgame will be the same in the books. He probably will set it up better if he ever bothers to finish them, but the major characters endings are going to be the same. Sucks that’s where he decided to go with her, but here we are. 

The Hodor thing I forgot. But i still doubt bran is coming back to WF like on the show, I just think itll all be so insanely different.

and no no no way will accept this as Dany’s ending til I read the books. Much of her story makes no sense if she’s just going to be ‘mad’ in the end. Uh-uh no way.

23 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

The Hodor thing I forgot. But i still doubt bran is coming back to WF like on the show, I just think itll all be so insanely different.

and no no no way will accept this as Dany’s ending til I read the books. Much of her story makes no sense if she’s just going to be ‘mad’ in the end. Uh-uh no way.

I dont know if the hodor moment isn t bran warguing into hodor (in the vision) while he is in a vision so that he can make the hodor in the vision act.

5 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

No fucking way this is Martin's ending!

2. Martin does not hate Daenerys, he uses Dany to kill the people he really hates--Slavers. this will not be her ending. If the whole point was to have a Mad-Targaryen on the throne at the end he would have just left Viserys alive.

Was thinking the same before watching ep5.

Then happened what happened. 

It is definitely his ending, at least in the big lines. And we are just going to cry in a week. 

And feel empty for a while. 

We have to find something better than ASOIAF to rebuild what was broken

I think it's likely that in the books, Dany goes Fire & Blood in the grass sea, where she comes back to Mereen and easily crushes the attackers. Those around her will seek to use her to settle their differences in Westeros, but will come to regret it as they realize they are losing control as she seeks to confront Aegon, probably under the belief that he is a fake. Wouldn't surprise me that Aegon kills Cersei and takes King's Landing, and meanwhile Jon seeks Daenerys' support to stop the white walkers, and when she does help he then has to commit to helping her, until it totally back-fires as she burns down the city like in the show.

4 hours ago, T and A said:

Actually, yes I do. I still strongly maintain that in part, the Others storyline is an allegory of Climate Change. As in real life, the real danger is being largely ignored by the politicians playing their games of thrones. Only very very late in the day, too late in fact, will politicians wake up to the existential threat they found it convenient to ignore and dismiss and a tale for foolish children (like Greta Thunburg).

12 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

They better not try to resurrect Daenerys after the last episode, that would be a even bigger disrespect to the character.

Oh, I disagree. I think I would kind of like if the last scenes are people in the council already starting plotting and backstabbing each other again and then cut, Drogon brings Dany´s body into the NK´s land, puts her on the magic pedestal and she opens her blue eyes.  End of the show.

That would be right end for this nihilistic show D&D turned GoT into. Nothing has changed except the players, nobody has learned anything and we are right back at the beginning. 

9 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I've always thought Dany would be the mad queen (final villain) in the books, there is plenty of ground work laid for it. One imagines the progression to be a lot more satisfying when Martin plot's it though. Likewise with Jamie, I wasn't sure which way his arc would swing (failed redemption what not) but now I've seen it in the show - I don't doubt the same will happen in the books. If D&D folowed his arc more accurately, he should have a abandoned Cersei in s5 (right?) Giving him more time to revert back as appose to delaying his redemption and then doing a U turn in the last eps.

Archived