Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

20 minutes ago, Darryk said:

So how is all this stuff about Tyrion's trial gonna fit in? Why would he yell "they deserved it" when he was trying to prevent Dany from killing them? Could it have been a fake scene?

I would be interesting if he burns all the dothriaki and unsulied because of what they did to the people in KL.

At least that would be intersting...

3 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

What if the "Jon sees Arya in the throne room" is actually after Arya kills Dany with Jon's face, and then Jon arrives and find Arya who's now with her real face? 

How does Arya use Jons face if Jon is still alive? 

17 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I am also very skeptical that Bran leaves the cave. How could it happen? Hodor and Summer and Jojen all die in the cave and Meera drags bran back alone like in the show? (LOLZ) didn't Issac say that summer was only killed due to budget?

As far as D&D following GRRM's wtf moment here--we dont know exactly what part of it they are following, dos anyone have the SSM about it? He told them that Hodor dies caught in a time-flux inside Bran's time traveling mind? because that could happen anywhere, did he tell them it happens at the back door of the tree Bran is currently residing in? Has anyone even considered that tree's dont have doors? I mean it literally could be anything...Or are we also believing the idea that the King White Walker 'marked' Bran in a dream on his arm which somehow means that the this King WW can all of sudden pass the magical barrier into the Tree and that they all have to escape hundreds of zombies? I'm gonna go with a HARD NO on that one.

I think it is also unlikely that the NK will use a dead dragon to break the Wall so that the ww can invade westeros...

I think it is really hard that this arc of danny's story can happen after the others are defeated. For me the epilogue was always about how the king/queen would rule after they get their throne and what the other characters will do with their lives. Not about a new war… It makes much more sense for danny to have to burn mereen because of the plague and how the people there are practising slavery again. And when she arrives in westeros things happen that once again change her character...

3 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Bran is definitely wheeling south at light-speed.

why would he go south? I can t think of a single reason why people would want bran in KL...

And there is that thing about there always being a stark in winterfell.

The only thing left for them to do to completely ruin the entire show is for Bran to end up King or whatever. He's let close to a million people die just this Season alone. Why would anyone want a guy to rule who doesn't give a fuck about people? He's like Dany in reverse. Dany kills everyone by action. Bran kills everyone by inaction. I'm sure in D&D's logic, that means he's better than Dany and oh so much better suited for a throne. No he's not. He's the exact same, he's just calmer about his 'evil'.

1 minute ago, divica said:

why would he go south? I can t think of a single reason why people would want bran in KL...

And there is that thing about there always being a stark in winterfell.

Dont ask me to explain D&D logic, but if all the leaks are true, Bran will be the king/president/whatever at the end.

2 minutes ago, Mystical said:

The only thing left for them to do to completely ruin the entire show is for Bran to end up King or whatever. He's let close to a million people die just this Season alone. Why would anyone want a guy to rule who doesn't give a fuck about people? He's like Dany in reverse. Dany kills everyone by action. Bran kills everyone by inaction. I'm sure in D&D's logic, that means he's better than Dany and oh so much better suited for a throne. No he's not. He's the exact same, he's just calmer about his 'evil'.

Speaking of which, where was Bran when Dany turned evil and massacred a million people? just sitting in his chair? what kind of all-seeing-all-knowing hack is this? Professor Xavier would never have let her do that.

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Speaking of which, where was Bran when Dany turned evil and massacred a million people? just sitting in his chair? what kind of all-seeing-all-knowing hack is this? Professor Xavier would never have let her do that.

I'm arguing this on another thread. It makes no sense to assume Bran is near-omniscient. People are starting off on completely the wrong premise and criticising him for being something he's not.

2 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Dont ask me to explain D&D logic, but if all the leaks are true, Bran will be the king/president/whatever at the end.

I have no idea how they expect anybody to accept that…

He may not be able to have kids, has creepy powers people don t understand, is emotionally dead, doesn t live in the present, has no claim, didn t want to be lord of winterfel because he is the 3er, has no charisma...

He is literally everything people shouldn t want in a king.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I'm arguing this on another thread. It makes no sense to assume Bran is near-omniscient. People are starting off on completely the wrong premise and criticising him for being something he's not.

I am just going by the character D&D have set up, it's their own fault for such loose, stupid character building and story telling.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I am just going by the character D&D have set up, it's their own fault for such loose, stupid character building and story telling.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't suggesting it's your personal take, but a good few posters do think he's like a god.

2 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Probably watching Stark home videos again. Maybe watching Sansa get raped to see if he could get a boner what with Vary's comment about a functioning penis being needed in order to rule. Or maybe he was already picking his outfit for when he's won everything. Which he already knows since he can see the future. If 3ER becomes King of everything, he's been the smartest player in Westeros. Also the most evil. But poor Bran then, he died so most evil player on the continent could hijack his body in order to leave the cave and then 'kill' a million+ people just to be the ruler of everything.

Just now, House Cambodia said:

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't suggesting it's your personal take, but a good few posters do think he's like a god.

That's the show's fault for never explaining anything.  He sees the past, present and future.  If he can't control it, which we've seen that he can can control it when he went back to the wedding, it should be explained.  We should have seen literally every character coming to Bran for help unless or until he clarifies that he can't help them and why. I can't imagine Bran as king but then stranger things have happened on the show.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

That's the show's fault for never explaining anything.  He sees the past, present and future.  If he can't control it, which we've seen that he can can control it when he went back to the wedding, it should be explained.  We should have seen literally every character coming to Bran for help unless or until he clarifies that he can't help them and why. I can't imagine Bran as king but then stranger things have happened on the show.

Sure. My hope is that it will be much much clearer and consistent intWOW and aDoS, as will Dany's anti-redemption arc. The show writing is very rushed and shoddy, so I'm trying to look beyond it and grasp what it's supposed to mean a la GRRM.

19 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

We know he actually saw a vision of this/part of this though - the dragon over KL. A conscious decision was made to call back to that vision so its not unreasonable for people to expect him to have at least some knowledge

12 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

We know he actually saw a vision of this/part of this though - the dragon over KL. A conscious decision was made to call back to that vision so its not unreasonable for people to expect him to have at least some knowledge

A lot of importance was also on him giving the dagger to Arya last Season. Meaning, 3ER knew Arya was going to kill the NK with it. 3ER definitely knows the future, there have been enough hints by now.

Which is exactly why his character makes no sense in the way he is used (unless the character is evil). Or not used at all actually. People should be hounding him 24/7 with questions. Heck, he should be doing something, anything, to help keep the loss of life to a minimum.

It would be hilarious if in the end, the Children of the Forest actually get their revenge. The overtly evil murder weapon, aka NK, didn't get the job done to kill humanity. But the 3ER is doing a damn fine job and flies under everyone's radar because he's so 'benevolent'. If the 3ER sits the throne at the end, I know humanity is finished. At least in Westeros.

31 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Sure. My hope is that it will be much much clearer and consistent intWOW and aDoS, as will Dany's anti-redemption arc. The show writing is very rushed and shoddy, so I'm trying to look beyond it and grasp what it's supposed to mean a la GRRM.

The show doesn't give much to go on with Bran's story, they never spent the time to get a handle on it or how to portray it and integrate it into the story.  He may never come back to WF until after the war is over, his power limited to very specific instances like with Theon at the weirwood tree.  He surely won't be the one to 'see' Jon's heritage or anything like that.  

Archived