Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Lol, people are STILL trying to pull a somewhat happy fantasy ending out of this dumpster fire???

Dany is going to die. No one is going to resurrect her. Jon is going to do it, and then emo off north to live in agonizing misery till he dies for good this time.

Bran is going to be King...the most useless spaced-out ineffectual ruler in the history of Westeros.

All of the mystery,  the intriguing myths, legends, redemptions, ect that Martin crafted are smoke in the wind with absolutely no answers or closure offered.

And the really shitty part of all of this? Martin will most likely never release WoW, much less ADoS...so this shitshow is all any of us will get.

10 hours ago, Darryk said:

So how is all this stuff about Tyrion's trial gonna fit in? Why would he yell "they deserved it" when he was trying to prevent Dany from killing them? Could it have been a fake scene?

This is what I was thinking too.  I can't imagine why he would say that. 

7 minutes ago, IKnowNothing said:

Anyone hear anything about what Bronn is going to do Sunday? Not that it really matters anymore but with a possible “trial” for Tyrion he can come out of the woodwork for the trial by combat he walked out on during the last trial

In one of the leaks, Bronn will get to be a part of the ruling council that will help Bran to rule Westeros lmao

10 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

In one of the leaks, Bronn will get to be a part of the ruling council that will help Bran to rule Westeros lmao

Whyyyyyyy. At least the trial by combat would be kind of *something*. How would he even get on a ruling council???

20 minutes ago, IKnowNothing said:

Whyyyyyyy. At least the trial by combat would be kind of *something*. How would he even get on a ruling council???

Trial by combat? He would be roasted by Drogon because of course Dany would choose him lol

And that's one of the leaks, not sure If it'll happen tho. Tyrion lives in this one.

2 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Is any of this stuff about resurrecting Dany from the leaks or is it all speculation?

It's from leaks about the 5+ possible endings. But the leaker had no idea which ending would be chosen as “the real” one that we'll see in just a few days. Dany dies in 4 out of the 5 endings shot, but of the 4 she dies in, she is resurrected in 2 of them. One ending has a big WTF twist involving a Faceless Man pretending to be a major character. Drogon dies in none of them, although in one of the five it's open-ended what happens to him; in the others, we know. But allegedly the big thing is that Drogon isn't Drogon! He's Bran the greenseer doing the driving to scoop up Dany's body without doing one thing to Jon her clueless killer (because it's Bran not Drogon), and he carries her off to the Isle of Faces (whose location on the map strangely moved much closer and became more prominent in the new intro!) for the dragonglass through the heart treatment to bring her back like Benjen.

This actually aligns with a leak from quite a while ago now, right after filming, in which Dany has a "deathlike experience" but then is transformed into something completely different. (But I don't think this is going to be a living dragon, more like into the Night's Queen.)

All endings have gigantic plot twists, and apparently more than one was even sent to post-production (the leaker suspects 3 were), and that we'll see them on some giant season 1-8 Blu-Ray set. Of course, all of this could be complete bollocks. But maybe not. We'll know soon enough so no use getting all flustered about it.

If this all ends terribly for absolutely everyone, HBO will have killed their golden goose, for who in the world would ever want to watch any prequels to a story that they know ends so awfully with complete despair? 

Something seems off in that calculation.

4 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

My bet is against the second part. That's just silly, and it won't happen.

Jon has been tempered first in water (the battle of ice), then by the heart of a lion (Lannisters).  His love would come last.

The freefolk leaks that accurately predicted all of episodes four and five claim that Bran becomes king.

3 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

The freefolk leaks that accurately predicted all of episodes four and five claim that Bran becomes king.

Supposedly that's an 806er insider joke/falsehood which they deliberately spread to those who only had clearance up through 805 but not beyond.

According to the 806er who leaked, NOTHING about 806 that's come out is real because it's all spread by people who either knew nothing or who only had access to the lower clearances.

But even this guy didn't know which ending they'd pick of the many shot.

3 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Interesting. Where did you hear that?

It's from several of Simon's now-deleted posts on Freefolk. He had to delete them once they caught him. In fact, all the fake 806 leaks were why he came out because he was so upset at the bullshit being made up and spread. He was offended that people thought so little of the folks who worked so hard, and more. So he came not to spread leaks but to bury them, but he let out a little bit of his own when he said why each dumb leak was false. Just nothing big because he didn't want to spoil it. And he didn't know which ending would be chosen.

We'll see if any of this pans out.

Another related filtration was that there's this high-stress race against the clock at the end. Supposedly Dany doesn't get killed till the half-way point or a little past it, so 40 to 50 minutes in, and the metaphorical clock starts ticking because you only have so much time to Benjen somebody and the only ones who were capable of pulling off the dragonglass-through-the-heart enchantment needed to bring her back from the dead were too far away to get her there in time for — except via the awesome Branalicious Drogon Express Taxi.

Maybe this is why the showrunners moved the Isle of Faces so much closer to King's Landing in the new intro's map: so they could still fly her there within whatever time constraint they decided they needed to do it in. That may be an actual clue that this is going to happen.

17 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Another related filtration was that there's this high-stress race against the clock at the end. Supposedly Dany doesn't get killed till the half-way point or a little past it, so 40 to 50 minutes in, and the metaphorical clock starts ticking because you only have so much time to Benjen somebody and the only ones who were capable of pulling off the dragonglass-through-the-heart enchantment needed to bring her back from the dead were too far away to get her there in time for — except via the awesome Branalicious Drogon Express Taxi.

Maybe this is why the showrunners moved the Isle of Faces so much closer to King's Landing in the new intro's map: so they could still fly her there within whatever time constraint they decided they needed to do it in. That may be an actual clue that this is going to happen.

Ye gods! D&D'd utter inability to pace credible plot developments is one of the worst aspects of their direction values.

I really like the idea of Arya wearing Dany's face as she sits alongside Jon on the Iron Throne. Dany is eliminated, but in order for continuity and to prevent widespread bloodshed, Arya is forced to take the mantle of "lady" that she always avoided. Allow some variations on this that basically end with Arya wearing someone's face and sitting the Iron Throne as that identity. Suddenly, Arya's arc actually kinda makes sense and she finally becomes "domesticated" (in the sense that Arya always resisted) out of necessity. I think Jon's presence is necessary to get that out of her.

Obvious problems: Heir? Dragon? (I don't think Drogon makes it through) Why not just Jon? 

Let me address the Bran theory. It makes perfect sense to place a gatekeeper apparatus between 8x06 and 8x05 and before. The general contour of the story were fairly self-evident based on the structure of the series and was super obvious after 8x02. But let's at least countenance this thing for a second.

Obviously, it is terrible. I think the off-screen discussion Bran and Tyrion had will be used heavily here. Bran basically tells Tyrion that he has some superpowers. That gives Tyrion the motivation to push for such a thing. I think that the "long story" from Bran could actually have exceptional exposition and might do enough to move pushes for him as leader from "WTF, that is the most random thing ever" to "Okay, this approaches plausibility"

Personally, I only like it if Bran is the Great Other and I don't think the legwork (heh) has been put in for that, to be honest. But the idea of Bran wielding somewhat nefarious force to get the other lords to bring him in using a soft Other process is interesting, adds some retroactive legitimacy to his and the WW storyline and fits the ultimate theme that the complexity of humanity leads to bad stuff for other humans. If they do that, then I could maybe get onboard, but who am I kidding.

As a sidenote: How exactly did we leave it with the Iron Bank of Braavos? My shoddy recollection is that they were made a nonfactor through some agreement but I honestly can't remember and can't be bothered to go watch it.

6 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Ye gods! D&D'd utter inability to pace credible plot developments is one of the worst aspects of their direction values.

The really crazy thing is that this final episode could be Extended Release LOTR long and it STILL likely wouldn't be able to get the job done. They've lost the plot, literally and metaphorically, and it is beyond redemption. Buckle up because, as Peter Dinklage points out, "[We're'] in for it."

8 minutes ago, Demetri said:

I really like the idea of Arya wearing Dany's face as she sits alongside Jon on the Iron Throne. Dany is eliminated, but in order for continuity and to prevent widespread bloodshed, Arya is forced to take the mantle of "lady" that she always avoided. Allow some variations on this that basically end with Arya wearing someone's face and sitting the Iron Throne as that identity. Suddenly, Arya's arc actually kinda makes sense and she finally becomes "domesticated" (in the sense that Arya always resisted) out of necessity. I think Jon's presence is necessary to get that out of her.

So Arya is Venom Snake uh?

/only some will get that reference ;)

Archived