Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It's from several of Simon's now-deleted posts on Freefolk. He had to delete them once they caught him. In fact, all the fake 806 leaks were why he came out because he was so upset at the bullshit being made up and spread. He was offended that people thought so little of the folks who worked so hard, and more. So he came not to spread leaks but to bury them, but he let out a little bit of his own when he said why each dumb leak was false. Just nothing big because he didn't want to spoil it. And he didn't know which ending would be chosen.

We'll see if any of this pans out.

Simon, the same person that got a everything wrong with his e05 leaks?

I know it's nice to have hope that the stupid ending won't happen, as it means not only the death of AGOT but ASOIAF, but I don't have any such hope. I expect Bran to be king or whatever they call the ruler.

18 minutes ago, longest night said:

Simon, the same person that got a everything wrong with his e05 leaks?

I know it's nice to have hope that the stupid ending won't happen, as it means not only the death of AGOT but ASOIAF, but I don't have any such hope. I expect Bran to be king or whatever they call the ruler.

Nope, he didn't. The only thing he got wrong was Yara killing Euron and herself dying in the process. The point is that there were alternate versions of things filmed. Check out everything else he said.

Better yet, don't. It's only a few days. Turn off the damned internet.

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Nope, he didn't. The only thing he got wrong was Yara killing Euron and herself dying in the process. The point is that there were alternate versions of things filmed. Check out everything else he said.

Better yet, don't. It's only a few days. Turn off the damned internet.

He mentioned Daenerys' dragon having Valyrian armor too.

3 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It's from several of Simon's now-deleted posts on Freefolk. He had to delete them once they caught him. In fact, all the fake 806 leaks were why he came out because he was so upset at the bullshit being made up and spread. He was offended that people thought so little of the folks who worked so hard, and more. So he came not to spread leaks but to bury them, but he let out a little bit of his own when he said why each dumb leak was false. Just nothing big because he didn't want to spoil it. And he didn't know which ending would be chosen.

We'll see if any of this pans out.

I think that some people who had legitimate spoilers for episode 5, made up their own fan fiction for episode 6 (the Bran-Bronn council I have a feeling is one of those fake spoilers, although you never know).

The only leaker who is definitely telling the truth is Frikidoctor, but I'm sure he has no idea what the context of the scenes he witnessed was.

A big thank you to all who gathered all these leaks and theories here: Reading these and following your thoughts and discussions now is much more interesting than watching the show. Or better: The ruins of the show which was blasted by D&D.

Each and every possible ending that is discussed here doesn't seem "tragic" to me. But compared to the seasons before just ridiculous. Bran and Bronn - as they were showed us during the last seasons - ruling Westeros? What a travesty. Faceless Arya as Dany fooling Drogon? Honestly.

I don´t care if this is GRRM´s endgame. IF he really would write his books, he would write them in a way that the ending would be plausible to me. But as the endgame of this show and how how D&D developed its characters: They must be kidding.

I find the Bran as king believable because of the leaked outline that had Bran on the throne as Daenerys invaded Westeros. It has also made me start considering the story implications of it, and I simply don't like it at all. It is essentially a conspiracy against the reader itself as much as it is a conspiracy of the 3EC against Westeros. It means the death of the world he as built in one fell swoop. I know the theories of the 3EC/Bran is evil that have existed, but no one can ask if GRRM thinks the outcome is evil and whether the evil that took to reach such an outcome is justified.

Remember Bran as we last saw him in the books was eating what everyone suspects is Jojen paste. The First Men sacrificed humans to the weirwood trees. We know the cost to Hodor. The Greenseers are painted as some type of enlightened force by the 3EC in the form of the old gods, and superior to the new ways.

If GRRM thinks it is all justified to put what is an omniscient god-like being with mind controlling powers as king. What is the message he's trying to send on his worldview? What does that make all the rest of his characters? Just false leads to demonstrate the only way we can have peace is under some type of all-powerful government and the rest of the characters nothing but puppets that get used as a way to form such a  government?

To me it feels like the beginning of a dystopian novel, not the end of a fantasy epic.

6 hours ago, Leticia Stark said:

In one of the leaks, Bronn will get to be a part of the ruling council that will help Bran to rule Westeros lmao

I would hate that.  So,, another thing for me to hate about the show.

6 hours ago, divica said:

The starks that look like the new lannisters…

Complete with smirking and snarking.  Hateful.

4 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Another related filtration was that there's this high-stress race against the clock at the end. Supposedly Dany doesn't get killed till the half-way point or a little past it, so 40 to 50 minutes in, and the metaphorical clock starts ticking because you only have so much time to Benjen somebody and the only ones who were capable of pulling off the dragonglass-through-the-heart enchantment needed to bring her back from the dead were too far away to get her there in time for — except via the awesome Branalicious Drogon Express Taxi.

Maybe this is why the showrunners moved the Isle of Faces so much closer to King's Landing in the new intro's map: so they could still fly her there within whatever time constraint they decided they needed to do it in. That may be an actual clue that this is going to happen.

Yes, I noticed they had.  I do wonder if they mean to do something with it - I hope it isn't that.

1 hour ago, longest night said:

I find the Bran as king believable because of the leaked outline that had Bran on the throne as Daenerys invaded Westeros.

Please, tell me more about this outline, it sounds very intriguing.

48 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Yes, I noticed they had.  I do wonder if they mean to do something with it - I hope it isn't that.

If they do that it will be the ultimate fuck you to grrm. 

We won t know how she is ressurected, why or what she is going to do... 

You guys are still in denial about Bran ruling? All the worst leaks have been confirmed so far, it's going to happen. Just enjoy watching the trainwreck and the subsequent shitstorm it will cause on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Xemi said:

You guys are still in denial about Bran ruling? All the worst leaks have been confirmed so far, it's going to happen. Just enjoy watching the trainwreck and the subsequent shitstorm it will cause on the internet.

How did GRRM ever think anyone would enjoy such an ending?

6 minutes ago, longest night said:

How did GRRM ever think anyone would enjoy such an ending?

Well I've read many terrible endings from fan theories, too. Everyone thinks that the end they'd like would be a good idea, until reality hits them in the face of course.

7 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

Yes f**k this new generation of Stark.

Hopefully Sansa and Arya won't be able to carry children, and Bran will be too busy watching netflix. 

Yeah, I don't care for them much either anymore. Jon is a useless leader who has said and done nothing all season, and can't control his own men. Sansa and Arya's distrust of Dany made no sense considering what she sacrificed to save Jon and Winterfell, and they pressured Jon to betray her because "family" but then Sansa immediately betrayed Jon's trust and Arya "Starks have to stick together" Stark buggered off with the Hound. Seriously, f**k them all.

Bran is actually my favourite Stark at the moment because he doesn't give a crap about anything. He's like the audience, in that he just sits there and watches people in the show do stupid s**t.

Archived