Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

6 minutes ago, Regular John Umber said:

Ugh, I'm still unconvinced. He says he "thinks" the endings will be similar? He doesn't "know"? I don't think he's seen a script for the show in years.

"All the major bits will be there, but not the secondary characters etc"

If you don't think the fate of the main characters are major bits... well, good for you.

Just now, Xemi said:

"All the major bits will be there, but not the secondary characters etc"

If you don't think the fate of the main characters are major bits... well, good for you.

Again, he's saying that the major "beats" should be there, based on having had long chats with D&D. Not based on having seen scripts or even summaries. He's guessing. 

1 hour ago, longest night said:

Redacted part that's been recovered.

https://imgur.com/lFswGVp

It's so different though, Bran becomes king before Dany and the Others even invade? From where he currently is in the books, it's hard to imagine him ending up on the throne at all, let alone before Dany invades.

19 minutes ago, Regular John Umber said:

Again, he's saying that the major "beats" should be there, based on having had long chats with D&D. Not based on having seen scripts or even summaries. He's guessing. 

I always believed him when he said this but I'm starting to have my doubts. Didn't he also believe David and Dan would take two seasons to adapt book 4 and 5? He was in for a rude surprise in that regard and I think he may be in this case as well.

Maybe they tried to stick to the road map he gave them changed so much stuff along the way for the purpose of condensing and dumbing things down that it's barely recognisable.

3 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

Yes, I noticed they had.  I do wonder if they mean to do something with it - I hope it isn't that.

I don’t get it... after years of people teleporting everywhere (and s8 has been much worse in regards to this than any season before) , and now they’d care about something like this? 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don’t get it... after years of people teleporting everywhere (and s8 has been much worse in regards to this than any season before) , and now they’d care about something like this? 

Good point, but they have changed its position after seven seasons - which seems weird.

12 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Bran will skinchange into Drogon to fly Dany's cooling body off to the strangely adjacent Isle of Faces (see the weird new intro!) to meet the Green Men there, who will Benjen her into becoming a free-willed ice-wight who keeps her own mind and agency after death, just as Jon is a free-willed fire-wight who also kept his own mind and agency after death.

At last Jon and Dany will be perfectly matched now, the iced fire-girl and the fired ice-boy, both killed but neither dead. And noöne will find them for a thousand years.

I think this could happen. dany and jon mirror each other. she has to take knife in the heart for her people and being rezzed would allow that to happen. if she becomes the night queen, that would be crap, and I was liking the idea of jon and dany being together for a 1000 years (waterfall etc) - but if he kills her it just doesn't fit. what would help them as if this is when they have the baby. 

3 hours ago, longest night said:

If GRRM thinks it is all justified to put what is an omniscient god-like being with mind controlling powers as king. What is the message he's trying to send on his worldview? What does that make all the rest of his characters? Just false leads to demonstrate the only way we can have peace is under some type of all-powerful government and the rest of the characters nothing but puppets that get used as a way to form such a  government?

To me it feels like the beginning of a dystopian novel, not the end of a fantasy epic.

Well, that's exactly one of the 3 possible endings of Deus Ex - Denton merges with AI Helios and becomes an all-knowing god-king cyborg :D

18 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Good point, but they have changed its position after seven seasons - which seems weird.

Given the show’s track record I would think some type of mistake instead of something meaningful. 

8 minutes ago, Targaryen Peas said:

Not editing the intro would have been easier? Why touch it if it has no meaning? But maybe I'm just delusional.

Probably not. But every other thing that people thought had meaning and there’d be a payoff etc in the past turned out to be nothing. Maybe this is the one time where something will come of it, but I won’t hold my breath. Especially, I might add, because the issue of distances and travel time has been  one they’ve solemnly ignored for years now, so. 

2 hours ago, Darryk said:

I always believed him when he said this but I'm starting to have my doubts. Didn't he also believe David and Dan would take two seasons to adapt book 4 and 5? He was in for a rude surprise in that regard and I think he may be in this case as well.

Maybe they tried to stick to the road map he gave them changed so much stuff along the way for the purpose of condensing and dumbing things down that it's barely recognisable.

I can t watch this season and think it was planned. It just doesn t fit in the narrative of s7 and before... Everything feels forced, rushed and ilogical. 

I find it much easier to believe that the plan was to use grrm final but at last moment D&D decided to be original... 

7 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

More purported Episode 6 leaks -

Sounds like a crock of BS, which just includes the "Bran being king" to give it legitimacy. Seriously, "go kill Bran cuz I read in a book that the CoTF want to wipe out mankind Jon!!1!!" sounds stupid even for D&D.

12 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Sounds like a crock of BS, which just includes the "Bran being king" to give it legitimacy. Seriously, "go kill Bran cuz I read in a book that the CoTF want to wipe out mankind Jon!!1!!" sounds stupid even for D&D.

Danny decides to kill everybody in KL because after seeing the red keep it becomes personal... 

But yeah. It sounds fake as fuck... 

Sounded plausible up until the part about Sam reading that 3-eyed-raven was a double agent, at which point I think the leaker either took some acid or just started making stuff up to troll us.

Archived