Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

3 hours ago, Darryk said:

It's so different though, Bran becomes king before Dany and the Others even invade? From where he currently is in the books, it's hard to imagine him ending up on the throne at all, let alone before Dany invades.

So we can all agree that books and show are 1000% different. Nothing GRRM wrote in this outline seems to hold true in books or show. this makes me happy. GRRM's ending will have nothing to do with this HBO nonsense.

1 minute ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

So we can all agree that books and show are 1000% different. Nothing GRRM wrote in this outline seems to hold true in books or show. this makes me happy. GRRM's ending will have nothing to do with this HBO nonsense.

No we can not. There are a lot of "we" who don't agree on this. But if it makes you happy, do it ^_^. Everyone has his or hers opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I think we will have to wait for the interviews after the show ends.

But I think that if the end is similar then the books will be very diferent from s6 and s7. We simply can thave all that build up and then have this stupid ending...

9 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

No.  I don't agree.  George's 60 minutes interview says it this adaptation is more faithful than 97% of adaptations, which was only a few weeks ago, so the idea that the fate of one of the major characters was totally changed is not believable to me.  Dany will turn into a tyrant, Jon, my guess is, renounces the throne and goes North, Sansa rules at Winterfell, Arya takes a powder. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

No.  I don't agree.  George's 60 minutes interview says it this adaptation is more faithful than 97% of adaptations, which was only a few weeks ago, so the idea that the fate of one of the major characters was totally changed is not believable to me.  Dany will turn into a tyrant, Jon, my guess is, renounces the throne and goes North, Sansa rules at Winterfell, Arya takes a powder. 

But how can that be taken seriously when he then says that he hasn t seen the scripts for this season? That he doesn t really know what will happen...

And if looking at cersei's and jaime's ending you don t think they will be killed by stones then how can you be sure if in the book danny won t simply die for another reason besides being a mad tyrant? By your logic, as long as she ends up dead it is ok… she doesn t have to die in the same way she does in the books...

I seriously don t see how the events of s8 fit with happened in s7... And I don t see grrm developing all this mad tyrant storyline after the others are defeated… It would need too many pages to make it belivable. I think it is much more likely that she burns mereen and arrives at westeros as a tyrant hell bent in conquering the IT with dothriaki, unsulied and even IB. And then she learns about the others and her character will evolve into something I don t know...

1 minute ago, divica said:

But how can that be taken seriously when he then says that he hasn t seen the scripts for this season? That he doesn t really know what will happen...

And if looking at cersei's and jaime's ending you don t think they will be killed by stones then how can you be sure if in the book danny won t simply die for another reason besides being a mad tyrant? By your logic, as long as she ends up dead it is ok… she doesn t have to die in the same way she does in the books...

I seriously don t see how the events of s8 fit with happened in s7... And I don t see grrm developing all this mad tyrant storyline after the others are defeated… It would need too many pages to make it belivable. I think it is much more likely that she burns mereen and arrives at westeros as a tyrant hell bent in conquering the IT with dothriaki, unsulied and even IB. And then she learns about the others and her character will evolve into something I don t know...

Why does he need to see the scripts?  When did he ever have script approval?  He sold them the story which includes the end.  They said from the beginning they  loved the story and the end and were going to use his ending and be true to the 'spirit'...this means that Dany must end up a tyrant, there is no way around it.  Sure, she will burn Meereen because she's going to end up dead and a tyrant, so there is no need for her to leave a solution there.  

I can't stop people from wish fulfilment and believing that this isn't the end of the story, like people still refuse to believe Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, but it's obvious that this is how it will go.  

26 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

The seeds for this have been sown a long time back in the books.  And the change makes perfect sense in the context of George's writing.

That fact that some really believed it was a fairy tale with handsome boy falls for lovely princess and every lives happily ever after just shows, as Ramsey Bolton said "you haven't been paying attention".

Not yet sure what Arya's destiny is.  Nor who will end ruling Westeros - though maybe it won;t be anyone?   7 Kingdoms again?

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Why does he need to see the scripts?  When did he ever have script approval?  He sold them the story which includes the end.  They said from the beginning they  loved the story and the end and were going to use his ending and be true to the 'spirit'...this means that Dany must end up a tyrant, there is no way around it.  Sure, she will burn Meereen because she's going to end up dead and a tyrant, so there is no need for her to leave a solution there.  

I can't stop people from wish fulfilment and believing that this isn't the end of the story, like people still refuse to believe Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, but it's obvious that this is how it will go.  

If he hasn t seen the scripts how does he know D&D didn t change their minds?

Because several character arcs this season just don t make sense with their arcs last season. It isn t just rushed, they go completly against what they decided in s7...

We have the whole danny is a great queen diferent from her father, she even put defending the north in front of fighting for the IT without jon bending the knee;

arya deciding her familly is more important than her kill list;

Jaime realising cersei is an awfull person and leaving her;

bran not wanting to be a lord because he is the 3er;

And now the show goes in the oposite direction… Either they forgot grrm's ending last season, they decided to be creative this season or they are stupid as fuck...

Just now, divica said:

Because several character arcs this season just don t make sense with their arcs last season. It isn t just rushed, they go completly against what they decided in s7...

We have the whole danny is a great queen diferent from her father, she even put defending the north in front of fighting for the IT without jon bending the knee;

And now the show goes in the oposite direction… Either they forgot grrm's ending last season, they decided to be creative this season or they are stupid as fuck...

No they don't.  Dany becomes a tyrant, she has always had a negative side to her, even in the show.  Jon has never wanted power and he still doesn't.  Sansa has wanted power always and she still does.  Arya is far off her book story, so it's difficult to guess her motivation, but it's a sure thing that if she leaves Westeros in the show, she will do the same in the books.  Jamie and Cersei will die together, that's about all we can guess there because the show turned Lena into a sympathetic villain, he could go back to her, his 'redemption' has always been oversold by book fans, or he can kill her, we know they will die together.

There is simply no way that the showrunners decided to change Dany's fate from what George gave them. That is wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

No they don't.  Dany becomes a tyrant, she has always had a negative side to her, even in the show.  Jon has never wanted power and he still doesn't.  Sansa has wanted power always and she still does.  Arya is far off her book story, so it's difficult to guess her motivation, but it's a sure thing that if she leaves Westeros in the show, she will do the same in the books.  Jamie and Cersei will die together, that's about all we can guess there because the show turned Lena into a sympathetic villain, he could go back to her, his 'redemption' has always been oversold by book fans, or he can kill her, we know they will die together.

There is simply no way that the showrunners decided to change Dany's fate from what George gave them. That is wishful thinking.

Has she?  She wanted love, Florian and Jonquil and all that, surely.  She may grow to want it, but it's not what she started out wanting.

1 minute ago, Ser Quork said:

Has she?  She wanted love, Florian and Jonquil and all that, surely.  She may grow to want it, but it's not what she started out wanting.

She wanted to be queen in season 1.  She still wants to be queen of the North.  I'm not saying they haven't done a terrible  job with Sansa, but what we're ending up with is Sansa who went from pawn to player, she now uses Littlefinger and Cersei's strategies for herself, which is what everyone has always expected of her.

10 minutes ago, divica said:

Because the showrunners said they will keep the ending George has told them. I mean what do you want to hear? GRRM isn't going to tell you where he will differ. He won't spoil his books. He said in the 60 minutes interview more than I have ever expected him to ever say. So you have the showrunners and you have GRRM. If the showrunners are lying, GRRM will clearly have to say something about it. He is not a guy who just accepts bashing on him, as you would know, if you would read his notablog. Hell, he even imidiatly reacted to some bufoons who claimed GRRM istn't happy with the way Bron is portrayed. And that is a gigantic side character. What will he do if the showrunners lied to him about one of the main characters? That guy is multi milliare. He won't just accept everything. He will Kick asses if he feels he was betrayed. Honestly, what some fans are doing right now is just ridicoulous and just sad to see. Daenerys is the last villain. If you like it or not, is up to you. 

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She had a negative side in the show, but last season was all about how she doesn t want to be bad. That she doesn t want to burn inocents to get the throne. That other will come to believe in her when they know her… We can t just ignore the decisions she took last season and say she goes mad tyrant because she has the potencial to do it… She turned away from that potential last season. They can t just turn back and use the potential again…

I have no idea what jon wants. In the books he wants familly, respect, honnor, be a hero and very deep down winterfell and be a stark… He isn t some selfless dude that doesn t want anything in life… Hell he was only satisfied with not being a ranger when he learned he was being prepared to be LC...

Sansa wants power in the show because of ramsay. I think she wants to return to her familly in the books...

It is dificult to see how arya's story will end in the books. But in the show she choosed her familly. And then she just abandons them?

Given the fact that someone is suposed to strangle cersei and it seems it isn t Jaime I dont  know why you think they die together...

And for exemple, can t danny arrive to westeros as a tyrant, change because of the ww threat and die in the war? If the path doesn t have to match with the show I have no idea why she must go mad tyrant after the war with the others and being in a relationship with jon…

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She wanted to be queen in season 1.  She still wants to be queen of the North.  I'm not saying they haven't done a terrible  job with Sansa, but what we're ending up with is Sansa who went from pawn to player, she now uses Littlefinger and Cersei's strategies for herself, which is what everyone has always expected of her.

She was, as she has long since recognised, a stupid childish naive teen believing in fairy tales. She's been on a bit of a journey since which included somewhat losing her affections for Kings Landing. All she cares about now is the North, and she should be left to rule it.

3 minutes ago, T and A said:

Because the showrunners said they will keep the ending George has told them. I mean what do you want to hear? GRRM isn't going to tell you where he will differ. He won't spoil his books. He said in the 60 minutes interview more than I have ever expected him to ever say. So you have the showrunners and you have GRRM. If the showrunners are lying, GRRM will clearly have to say something about it. He is not a guy who just accepts bashing on him, as you would know, if you would read his notablog. Hell, he even imidiatly reacted to some bufoons who claimed GRRM istn't happy with the way Bron is portrayed. And that is a gigantic side character. What will he do if the showrunners lied to him about one of the main characters? That guy is multi milliare. He won't just accept everything. He will Kick asses if he feels he was betrayed. Honestly, what some fans are doing right now is just ridicoulous and just sad to see. Daenerys is the last villain. If you like it or not, is up to you. 

I don t like the path she took to become a villain. I can t reconcile what I saw last season with this season...

What I am doing is saying that either the books are diferent from season 6 and 7 or the ending should be diferent… 

3 minutes ago, divica said:

She had a negative side in the show, but last season was all about how she doesn t want to be bad. That she doesn t want to burn inocents to get the throne. That other will come to believe in her when they know her… We can t just ignore the decisions she took last season and say she goes mad tyrant because she has the potencial to do it… She turned away from that potential last season. They can t just turn back and use the potential again…

I have no idea what jon wants. In the books he wants familly, respect, honnor, be a hero and very deep down winterfell and be a stark… He isn t some selfless dude that doesn t want anything in life… Hell he was only satisfied with not being a ranger when he learned he was being prepared to be LC...

Sansa wants power in the show because of ramsay. I think she wants to return to her familly in the books...

It is dificult to see how arya's story will end in the books. But in the show she choosed her familly. And then she just abandons them?

Given the fact that someone is suposed to strangle cersei and it seems it isn t Jaime I dont  know why you think they die together...

And for exemple, can t danny arrive to westeros as a tyrant, change because of the ww threat and die in the war? If the path doesn t have to match with the show I have no idea why she must go mad tyrant after the war with the others and being in a relationship with jon…

Sure, she took bad advice from Tyrion last season to stupidly not siege King's Landing and what did it get her? Nothing.  Loss of Yara, Dorne, Oleana, one dragon and no one loves or thanks her for not attacking.  The show, again, did a terrible  job of explaining any of this.  

Archived