Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 minute ago, Nictarion said:

To what end? I’m disappointed myself, but that kind of stuff is ridiculous. 

So that when people are writting the next show/movie you care about they worry about doing a proper work instead of bad lazy writting.

To show that this season was really bad...

There are plenty of good reasons to protest...

21 minutes ago, T and A said:

D&D own the rights for GoT, they are the producers, as far as I understand. They sold GoT to HBO. So HBO can not remake it. It would have to be D&D all over again. I don't know if hitting me twice in the face, is such a good Idea. 

I don't think they do, HBO owns the rights. I doubt D&D could afford to buy the rights of ASOIAF. (well maybe now they could).

3 minutes ago, T and A said:

But what message exactly? What are they trying to achieve? GoT has a shitty 8th season compared to the other seven seasons. But it is still better than 90% of all the shows you have at this point. What are they demanding? It is ridicoulous. You have no right to expect anything from a TV Show. Some are good, some suck. That is how Entertainment works. HBO is a private company, not a federal owned susbidiary financed by tax payers. People signing those petitions are way more stupid than Dany when she forgot about the Iron fleet. 

I agree it's stupid, if people canceled their HBO accounts that would make a bigger impact. But all these petitions are just a part of today's culture of "I signed something thus I am a protester." It's the laziest form of protest.

I listened to this podcast with Bryan Cogman because he was supposed to discuss what Bran and Tyrion talked about (around 1 hr 17) but it was his response to a question about Bran (around 1:16:33) that was interesting considering the leaks. If you want to listen to his whole interview it starts around the 45 min mark.

BC was asked if we can believe what Bran said in e3 about the NK, about his mission, about the 3ER, about everything and what Bran is saying is true, right? BC pauses then says with humor - well Bran has said what he said and that's all I'll say. 

It may be nothing but I didn't expect the evasive reply since nothing else has came up connected to this in the show. If the NK and the 3ER's main purpose are done why can't we have answers?

12 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

I agree it's stupid, if people canceled their HBO accounts that would make a bigger impact. But all these petitions are just a part of today's culture of "I signed something thus I am a protester." It's the laziest form of protest.

This!!!

14 minutes ago, Elaena Targaryen said:

I listened to this podcast with Bryan Cogman because he was supposed to discuss what Bran and Tyrion talked about (around 1 hr 17) but it was his response to a question about Bran (around 1:16:33) that was interesting considering the leaks. If you want to listen to his whole interview it starts around the 45 min mark.

BC was asked if we can believe what Bran said in e3 about the NK, about his mission, about the 3ER, about everything and what Bran is saying is true, right? BC pauses then says with humor - well Bran has said what he said and that's all I'll say. 

It may be nothing but I didn't expect the evasive reply since nothing else has came up connected to this in the show. If the NK and the 3ER's main purpose are done why can't we have answers?

It could explain Jon re-joining the Night’s Watch, if it turns out that there’s no way to defeat the Walkers for good.

IMO the grimmest part of those leaks is Jon rejoining the Night's Watch (do they even still exist? what's their new purpose?) and Bran as King. Jon being sent off into exile is a pretty crap ending for such an important character, who has done and given so much. That's pretty depressing, tbh. Bran on the throne is pure WTF. I don't think anyone watched the show hoping he'd be the one to win the Game of Thrones, tbh.

51 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

None of the signatories is fooled: there will be no redoing. But maybe the message will get through.

If they want their message to get through, those people better start talking with their wallet and cancelling HBO. Companies only care about the bottom line.

28 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

But all these petitions are just a part of today's culture of "I signed something thus I am a protester." It's the laziest form of protest.

Which is still better than accepting to be mistaken for a brainless potato couch who accepts without a second though all the crap TV offers.

7 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Bran isn’t gonna be king of Westeros in the books. He has zero claim to the Iron Throne. There will be a great council yes, but that likely is how Jon becomes King.

Any reference to Bran sitting on a throne likely refers to the Throne of the North. Even in the books he is called the Prince of Winterfell.

Signifying an independent North in the end, which the Showrunners have clung to against all odds, with Sansa pushing that agenda to the end in the Show, as Martin has been hinting at in the books as well, if you read carefully.

He'll be king of Westeros. There's a reason that GRRM starts us with Bran's POV and not Jon's POV. 

And Bran doesn't need a claim because it's an election. All he needs is the right connections, being seen as Jon's heir and to wow people with his superpowers.

Jon is Maester Aemon taking the black and invalidating his claim while Bran is Egg.

If Jon was going to be king at the end of the books then the show would've had that happen.

6 hours ago, Mystical said:

I don't give a damn what anyone says behind the scenes. Never have. The only thing that counts is what's on screen. And on screen we are repeatedly told that Bran is no more. Sure Bran is in there somewhere, a collective of probably thousands of 'minds' and thousands of years of history. Point is, Bran is not driving the bus. So I can't view his actions like I would Bran or any other normal human in that world.

And for the record, Isaac also has said that he has no clue about any of it because D&D don't. He's also contradicted himself sometimes in the same freaking interview about what the 3ER is or how much Bran is left and why he does what he does. The actor has no clue and is making it up in order to make sense of it, just like us. Why should I take his word as gospel when he doesn't know shit either?

The show also implies it. 

Bran: I remember what it felt like to be Bran Stark but I remember so much else now. 

It's not really about who is driving the bus. It's one being.

It's still Bran but because Bran's memories make up a small portion of the current Bran, it's not really Bran at the same time. 

GRRM explores this in his other stories but there's a question of whether you are still you if your memories are missing or if you have other people's memories? That's why GRRM says Lady Stoneheart is not Cat and Resurrected! Beric is not Beric because they're missing pieces of themselves despite being one continuous conscience.

Say what you want about D&D, but they certainly are not fans of Bran. You can see that they don't enjoy this whole arc of old gods, Greenseer, Weirwoodtrees, 3ER. They even haven't included him in a whole season (Season 5). It is clearly not their idea, that Bran becomes King in the end. If they had to choose, it would have stayed Cersei. 

7 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

How do you see any plausible storyline in the books where the Lords of the Seven kingdoms make a Stark king of Westeros? On what basis? What is his claim based on? 

He has no claim. It is nonsense and will never happen in the books.

The books also foreshadow a God-King taking the throne at the end.

7 hours ago, Darryk said:

I can see Bran ending up on the throne in GRRM's story, the first chapter is from his POV so it ties up to have the last chapter be his POV as he sits on the throne.

But I am surprised GRRM would have a god-like magic-user become king at the end. Doesn't seem his style, considering how cynical he is about religion and how dangerous magic is portrayed in his story.

Read Tuf Voyaging to the end.

3 minutes ago, T and A said:

Say what you want about D&D, but they certainly are not fans of Bran. You can see that they don't enjoy this whole arc of old gods, Greenseer, Weirwoodtrees, 3ER. They even haven't included him in a whole season (Season 5). It is clearly not their idea, that Bran becomes King in the end. If they had to choose, it would have stayed Cersei. 

Yeah, I'd say this too. 

Benioff and Weiss don't care about Bran. They wouldn't put him on the throne unless they felt compelled to by GRRM's ending.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

The books also foreshadow a God-King taking the throne at the end.

Interesting, can you present any examples?

5 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Yeah, I'd say this too. 

Benioff and Weiss don't care about Bran. They wouldn't put him on the throne unless they felt compelled to by GRRM's ending.

I agree with this, they clearly don't have much interest in his story, and would have killed him off ages ago if GRRM hadn't given them an important reason to keep him around.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Yeah, I'd say this too. 

They dont  like bran. But the objective is to have shock and sbvert expectations… It doesn t matter who sits on the IT. You just have to be surprised...

10 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

That's an expectation. Hold the Door kind of points to him leaving the cave. 

But regardless, Benioff and Weiss foreshadowed King Bran since the first season where they thought they were going to do GRRM's ending.

You don't have to like it but it's happening. 

Season 1 Episode 1:

https://i.redd.it/1cq24acrx3y21.png

https://i.redd.it/ui9njjdjhpx21.png

https://i.redd.it/rbc2xj3g3by21.png

"Robb will set aside his crown if you and your brother will do the same," she said, hoping it was true. She would make it true if she must; Robb would listen to her, even if his lords would not. "Let the three of you call for a Great Council, such as the realm has not seen for a hundred years. We will send to Winterfell, so Bran may tell his tale and all men may know the Lannisters for the true usurpers. Let the assembled lords of the Seven Kingdoms choose who shall rule them.-Catelyn ACOK

"At Winterfell, Tommen fought my brother Bran with wooden swords," Jon said, remembering. "He wore so much padding he looked like a stuffed goose. Branknocked him to the ground." He went to the window and threw the shutters open. The air outside was cold and bracing, though the sky was a dull grey. "Yet Bran's dead, and pudgy pink-faced Tommen is sitting on the Iron Throne, with a crown nestled amongst his golden curls."-JON ADWD

:rofl::rofl:"Benioff and Weiss Foreshadowed"--ahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

10 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

And Arya x Jon was supposed to be a thing and that changed to Dany x Jon. Guess GRRM decided that Bran is the endgame king. Although, I have a feeling that Bran was always the endgame king. Also take a look at the images that I linked too. Benioff and Weiss knew from season 1 that it was.

You literally have a raven on the throne in the teaser. You have a raven on the throne in the original intro. 

You have the phrase King of the Andals and First Men being recited over Bran's face.

Let's be honest, it's not that you can't read this as foreshadowing. It's that you guys don't like GRRM's ending. 

And that's fair but GRRM is ending this a lot more high fantasy than people expected.

I'm sure the context of how it all goes down will be a lot different than in the show.

Just gonna point out that Preston Jacobs figured out years ago that the ending would involve Bran over Jon and Dany by reading GRRM's other works:

Preston Jacobs: "The question is what is good in the long term and what will last. Now many people read Ice and Fire and hope for Jon and Dany to sit on the Iron throne at the end but that is not a lasting answer. The problems facing Westeros are incredibly complicated and I would say they too require a god-like intervention. This would point us more toward an ending involving Bran or the weirwood net."

Preston Jacobs: I'll say this about Jon Snow being the chosen one and defeating evil. Our author has never written a story ending that way. It is a trope that our author seems to want to avoid. Weirdo-freak protagonists like Tuf can succeed but not a classic hero like Jon at least not in a badass sword-fight triumph over evil sort of way. But even Tuf the weirdo doesn't have a traditional ending normally.

BTW, on the show, there is a Blue Flower in Stained glass behind the Iron Throne in all the early seasons (idk if it's still there). if there is any foreshadowing it was that and they forgot about it/and/or changed their minds to give the audience more shock value, more WTF moments. Just like they all-of-a-sudden decided it would be cool to let Arya kill the NK. They are hacks! They are no better than the writers for the WWE (no offense to WWE). Give the crowd what they want NO MATTER HOW STUPID IT IS.

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

None of the signatories is fooled: there will be no redoing. But maybe the message will get through.

At the very least I hope it makes Disney reconsider, These men do not need to work any more.

1 hour ago, Nowy Tends said:

I cancelled HBO (OCS). I usually don't watch TV, I make an exception from time to time.

Me too, cancelled it. If I need to watch something (like Big Little Lies Season 2) Ill borrow someones login to HBOGO.

There has to be consequences to allowing destruction with no oversight of cherished stories.

Archived