Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

You say that doesn't make any sense? As if we haven't watched for Seasons now as a grandmother became ruler of Highgarden, a lover became ruler of Dorne, a bastard with no lands/titles/legitimization became King in the North and a woman sat the throne after blowing up the Vatican. And things like king- and kinslaying don't matter to anyone anymore either. The list is endless about how much the show makes NO sense. There are no in-verse rules anymore. It's just random. It's almost like if the writers want it to happen, it will. Making sense is not part of the writing process.

Very true unfortunately, but hey, I had to say it.

1 hour ago, Darryk said:

How the hell does Sam become Grand Maester, what happened to Jim Broadbent?

Not only that, but didn’t he drop out of maester school? Dropped out and stole stuff, so sure, make him grand maester. Why the hell not? This is GoT, anything can happen, no matter how stupid. 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not only that, but didn’t he drop out of maester school? Dropped out and stole stuff, so sure, make him grand maester. Why the hell not? This is GoT, anything can happen, no matter how stupid. 

So the grand maester is a NW brother, that openly has a mistress or wife, didn t complete the maester training, stole propriety from the citadel...

what are his qualifications again?

8 minutes ago, divica said:

So the grand maester is a NW brother, that openly has a mistress or wife, didn t complete the maester training, stole propriety from the citadel...

Creatively it made sense because David and Dan wanted it to happen? 

27 minutes ago, divica said:

he cures grayscale reading instructions. I suppose no one in the citadel knew how to read instructions so that makes him grand maester. 

4 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

She supposedly becomes Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Is it Sansa's Kingsguard? Otherwise poor Brienne. Being the Kingsguard of the humanity destroying King 3ER and his council? What a crap ending for Brienne but hey she was also wham-bam-thank-you-mam-ed so dumping on her some more would be fitting.

17 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Is it Sansa's Kingsguard? Otherwise poor Brienne. Being the Kingsguard of the humanity destroying King 3ER and his council? What a crap ending for Brienne but hey she was also wham-bam-thank-you-mam-ed so dumping on her some more would be fitting.

From what I read Bran's.  Also, Podrick supposedly becomes his personal guard or something.

1 minute ago, divica said:

And it finally reached 900K

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

unfortunately it look like it won t get many more signatures...

Give it until after the final episode airs, and it might get many more. 

2 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

It's still rolling. The million will be reached before Ep6 is broadcasted.

Yeah, looks like it will reach 1,000,000 well before Sunday evening. If you open the page and just watch, there’s new ppl signing it all the time. Way to go, D&D, you have indeed achieved something quite unique... :laugh:

32 minutes ago, divica said:

And it finally reached 900K

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

unfortunately it look like it won t get many more signatures...

Issac has said that it's absurd, and of course he's Wright.

It's just absurd. I can't even fathom it. It's just ridiculous. (Laughs.) It's ridiculous that people think they can just demand a different ending because they don't like it. I have stupidly taken it quite personally, which obviously I shouldn't. In my opinion, it's a great ending. I think it's that this is a character everyone loves. Dany is a brilliant character who has done so many fabulous things and saved so many people. People have complained there wasn't enough foreshadowing of that. But time upon time, she's demonstrated a capacity to be quite brutal. She's waited years and years to get over to Westeros and take what is hers. She's been delayed. She's had to fight an army of literal dead people. She nearly died. She's lost Jorah (Iain Glen), Missandei (Nathalie Emmanuel) and now the person she's deeply in love with isn't comfortable with her and he threatens the claim she's had for years. She's sick of it. She's pissed off and she's lost her mind. I don't think it's some plot twist to be shocking for the sake of shocking. I think it's a genuine character development.

Come Sunday, either people are going to approach it with an open mind or they're not. If people have made up their minds now that they hate Game of Thrones, then obviously they are not going to enjoy it, no matter how good it is. I personally think it's a very clever way of tying it all up. This next episode, again, is not going to please everybody. There will be some moments where people go, "No! Why did this happen?" But they're necessary moments. They all contribute to quite an interesting Game of Thrones-y conclusion. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, looks like it will reach 1,000,000 well before Sunday evening. If you open the page and just watch, there’s new ppl signing it all the time. Way to go, D&D, you have indeed achieved something quite unique... :laugh:

But a million is kind of low for the amount of people that watch GOT. And yesterday it was growing really fast. 

And I am starting to think it will stop growing before the million… Maybe with the weekend and the last ep airing it will start growing faster… But I hoped for 2 or 3M at least...

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Issac has said that it's absurd, and of course he's Wright.

It's just absurd. I can't even fathom it. It's just ridiculous. (Laughs.) It's ridiculous that people think they can just demand a different ending because they don't like it. I have stupidly taken it quite personally, which obviously I shouldn't. In my opinion, it's a great ending. I think it's that this is a character everyone loves. Dany is a brilliant character who has done so many fabulous things and saved so many people. People have complained there wasn't enough foreshadowing of that. But time upon time, she's demonstrated a capacity to be quite brutal. She's waited years and years to get over to Westeros and take what is hers. She's been delayed. She's had to fight an army of literal dead people. She nearly died. She's lost Jorah (Iain Glen), Missandei (Nathalie Emmanuel) and now the person she's deeply in love with isn't comfortable with her and he threatens the claim she's had for years. She's sick of it. She's pissed off and she's lost her mind. I don't think it's some plot twist to be shocking for the sake of shocking. I think it's a genuine character development.

Come Sunday, either people are going to approach it with an open mind or they're not. If people have made up their minds now that they hate Game of Thrones, then obviously they are not going to enjoy it, no matter how good it is. I personally think it's a very clever way of tying it all up. This next episode, again, is not going to please everybody. There will be some moments where people go, "No! Why did this happen?" But they're necessary moments. They all contribute to quite an interesting Game of Thrones-y conclusion. 

Please tell me he isn t saying that because bran becomes king… It is so sad to see someone saying it has been foreshadowed that danny will kill thousands of inocent people after they agree to surrender to her…

And I would really like to know how a council with bronn, tyrion as hand after years of sucking at that job, bran as king and sam as grand maester is smart… However he is right when he says it is very game of thrones… IT is stupid and ilogical...

I have no idea what IHW was told, but the issue is not that “people don’t like the ending”. The issue is that it’s unearned, very poorly written, it destroys 7+ yrs of character development, and ultimately, because of all these reasons, it’s so very stupid. 

Archived