Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Some comments from the other actors about the ending (my comments are in red):

Liam Cunningham ("Davos Seaworth"): "Absolutely goddamn epically bad."

Carice van Houten ("Melisandre"): "You're gonna cry." We did, but for all the wrong reasons.

Pilou Asbaek ("Euron Greyjoy"): "Surprise, surprise, surprise!" Not really.  We expected D&D to screw up.

Conleth Hill ("Varys"): "Wait and see." 

Hannah Murray ("Gilly"): "Best. Season. Ever."

John Bradley ("Samwell Tarly"): "What she said."

Jacob Anderson ("Grey Worm"): "Better than Friends."

Joe Dempsie ("Gendry Baratheon"): "Can't top that!"

Maisie Williams ("Arya Stark") "Fire and ice."

Sophie Turner ("Sansa Stark"): "Can I agree?"

Emilia Clarke ("Daenerys Targaryen"): "It's the car crash of every emotion you can possibly imagine. It's like a nuclear bomb. It's just going to be fucking huge. Seriously!"

Jerome Flynn ("Bronn of the Blackwater"): "I can't do it in three words. It's just deep relief for me, personally. It's been such a big thing. There's such a buildup to finishing Game of Thrones, and so much resting on it for those guys. I really think they pulled it off. I was just really pleased for them."

Kristofer Hivju ("Tormund Giantsbane"): "It has changed the way we tell stories. So much of storytelling is based on a formula and a hero's journey. Here, we show it isn't so. Life isn't like that. Life is cruel. Life is unexpected. Someone can get run over by a car two days before they get married, or before their retirement. The world doesn't fit 'the formula.' I think the way this story has been told has broken all of the rules of storytelling, but it has followed all of the rules of life. It's horrible and beautiful."

3 minutes ago, divica said:

Please tell me he isn t saying that because bran becomes king… It is so sad to see someone saying it has been foreshadowed that danny will kill thousands of inocent people after they agree to surrender to her…

And I would really like to know how a council with bronn, tyrion as hand after years of sucking at that job, bran as king and sam as grand maester is smart… However he is right when he says it is very game of thrones… IT is stupid and ilogical...

Please stop pretending things that haven't happened have. Right now you're just railing against fan fictions.

Please tell me he isn t saying that because bran becomes king… It is so sad to see someone saying it has been foreshadowed that danny will kill thousands of inocent people after they agree to surrender to her…

Yet more character assassination.

And I would really like to know how a council with bronn, tyrion as hand after years of sucking at that job, bran as king and sam as grand maester is smart… However he is right when he says it is very game of thrones… IT is stupid and ilogical...

Bronn sitting on a ruling council is so completely and utterly stupid, it has to be true. B/c no one, NO ONE, would have such an inane and asinine idea but David and Dan... :lol:

I read the spoilers everyone is talking about and I hate them.  Bran.  Bran?  Really?  I do not love Bran as a character, in book or show.  Most of the time, I simply ignored him.  And now, robot Bran who wants for nothing, gets to become the emotionless big cheese.  Would you like somebody with his delivery to be your king/leader/whatever?  I would not.

Maybe these spoilers are wrong.  I will wait and hope for that, because these are stupid.

I love Bran in the books. I’ve reread his chapters probably more than any other POV. But I hate this ending, nothing about shownBran makes him worthy of even being considered, much less actually being King. Doesn’t he “mostly lives in the past”, how does that make him a good king, he’s basically watching TV all day.

I really don't hold it against Isaac for what he said in that article.  In that article, he mentions he's had a year to adjust to it.  Hmmm, it'd be nice if he realized fans haven;t had that year, but he's young, he's sticking up for his co workers I suppose.  I don't think that petition is meant for more than chance to say:  DAMN, this story is a real mess, that seems clear already, regardless of the finale.  Also, iirc, in an interview or two over the years, Isaac has told us that he really didn't have much understanding of Bran, thanks to the Ds, the scripts, and the way things have been done. 

15 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I really don't hold it against Isaac for what he said in that article.  In that article, he mentions he's had a year to adjust to it.  Hmmm, it'd be nice if he realized fans haven;t had that year, but he's young, he's sticking up for his co workers I suppose.  I don't think that petition is meant for more than chance to say:  DAMN, this story is a real mess, that seems clear already, regardless of the finale.  Also, iirc, in an interview or two over the years, Isaac has told us that he really didn't have much understanding of Bran, thanks to the Ds, the scripts, and the way things have been done. 

No one should hold it against him, people are well within their right to critique the show just as he is to defend it. People get too defensive either side. You're right I think it's more to sign it to say I really don't like this rather then them actually thinking it'll get remade but I still think it's stupid and I have just as many issues with this season as most on here.  

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yet more character assassination.

Bronn sitting on a ruling council is so completely and utterly stupid, it has to be true. B/c no one, NO ONE, would have such an inane and asinine idea but David and Dan... :lol:

Ahem. Speaking of character assassination, madam...

Just make up your own head canon in order to make it hurt your brain less. I'm sticking to my 3ER (he ain't Bran) is a CotF weapon who will have achieved one major step to wiping humanity out in Westros when it's all said and done. It makes way more sense to see it that way than to see it as a positive thing. That the 3ER has gotten millions killed just over the course of this show (nvm all of the previous 3ER) and is then rewarded with being overseer of his future victims. That's supposed to be a good thing? Even the choice of council makes perfect sense in that light. It's my canon and I'm sticking to it. Mainly because it's the only thing that makes sense...

Like I said before, it seems like Bran has no purpose to live for. It might be that he will find one. Currently he wants nothing, but all he needs is someone to make him realize he can live for the future.

How would you act if you had all of the world's history in your head? Probably depressed, not caring to do anything anymore, because everything would seem futile. But maybe someone will help Bran realize that he should still work for a better future, even if history is likely to repeat itself.

23 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Like I said before, it seems like Bran has no purpose to live for. It might be that he will find one. Currently he wants nothing, but all he needs is someone to make him realize he can live for the future.

How would you act if you had all of the world's history in your head? Probably depressed, not caring to do anything anymore, because everything would seem futile. But maybe someone will help Bran realize that he should still work for a better future, even if history is likely to repeat itself.

He's the weirnet- basically a bunch of tree-knowledge. Trees don't get depressed, trees don't need a reason to live for thousands of years. You don't get to understand the situation by asking how you would feel if you were an old tree.

33 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

He's the weirnet- basically a bunch of tree-knowledge. Trees don't get depressed, trees don't need a reason to live for thousands of years. You don't get to understand the situation by asking how you would feel if you were an old tree.

Why? Bloodraven was still himself; changed, but still himself.

1 minute ago, NonoNono said:

I don't think the show portrayed him particularly well in that regard. One of the last chapters of ADWD was from the point of view of the weirnet. It's absolutely amazing.

26 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Says who? Were we ever given a flashback that showed us Bloodraven before he became a tree? The 3ER is a sum of all the knowledge of the weirdwoods and all 3ER before Bran and Bloodraven.

But they've never really explained the origins for 3ER either, other than he was 'made' I guess by the CotF. Do we know who came first? NK or 3ER? I want to say the CotF made the NK first and that experiment failed and glitched like a Terminator. The chip setting switched from 'kill all humans' to 'kill everything'.

I just fail to see how the 3ER is anything other than evil or at the very least anti-human. You have to be evil when you just stand by and watch the world burn. Unless this is revenge for the First Men taking away Westeros from the original inhabitants, the CotF. But it is evil IMO since today's population of Westeros had nothing to do with what their ancestors did.

5 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

This Bran thing is so utterly ridiculous I look very much forward to that.

The Branbot-9000 becoming king of Westeros… St. Tyrion the Incompetent becoming the real power behind the throne as "punishment"… Ser Bronn of the fookin’ Blackwater as Master of Coin… Citadel drop out Samwell Tarly as Grand Maester…

This scene needs a Tommy Wiseau cameo because it definitely sounds like it will be in the so-bad-it's-actually-kind-of-hilarious territory.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:06 PM, lakin1013 said:

I refuse to believe the Jon spoilers as they are now, because they make no sense.  Bran cannot end up as King, and I will never believe that that is what Martin has in mind.   Martin has provided surprises and twists to the story, but he has always been fair and logical with the reader.  Bran is emotionally stunted, zones in and out, and appears to be unsure which world he inhabits. He cannot be the best choice to lead a terrorized city.  It makes much better sense to have Arya, who sees what is going on and what will happen to Jon, kills Dany.  Jon is then prevailed upon to take the throne as there is nobody else available and Jon has the best claim.  Someone who never wanted it, gets it but will always know the cost in terms of lives.   That would be a bittersweet moment.

How come we only have one leak of the finale, even though 5 different endings were filmed? I'm clinging onto this last straw of hope, that the leaked one is fake. Ok, two actually, Frikki and the Tyrion trial being the other ending. 

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

I just fail to see how the 3ER is anything other than evil or at the very least anti-human. You have to be evil when you just stand by and watch the world burn. Unless this is revenge for the First Men taking away Westeros from the original inhabitants, the CotF. But it is evil IMO since today's population of Westeros had nothing to do with what their ancestors did.

I think D&D botched the 'big bad' existential threat by reducing the NK to a one-dimensional Mr. Evil. I still want to say that what GRRM has in mind is something close to Gaia Theory whereby the balance of nature that was maintained by the CotF was disrupted by humans, and that the overall endgame is to restore the balance. To that end, Bran ought to be the central figure. So from a human perspective, that makes him evil in the sense of evil being an anthropocentric construct. From the perspective of nature, the planet, the CotF, it's humans who are 'evil'. With the last episode demonstrating that the 'good' humans are no different to the 'bad' humans, I'd say they have a damn good case. My sympathies have always been with the CotF and I'd love to see them have the last laugh.

So Sansa is now in charge of Winterfell, but the family she fought so hard to preserve has scattered to the four winds. That’s . . . something, I guess. The weird thing is, I don’t think there are even any supporting Northern characters left at Winterfell, so she’ll be basically alone now.

Archived