Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Bran is clearly the Last Hero.

Yet here and there in the fastness of the woods, the children still lived in their wooden cities and hollow hills, and the faces in the trees kept watch. So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog, and a dozen companions. For years he searched until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse, and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. 

And always has been.

And along the way likes to mind rape his friend that carries him around...

12 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

So what? It's at most performance art. It means nothing, and will do nothing.

2 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Who are these idiots who thought “this was the greatest Show in the world” in the first place? It never was. 

No offense or challenge to either of you.

1 hour ago, divica said:

Isn t it really weird that there isn t some buzz about the end of GOT online?

It is suposed to be the end of the greatest show ever and nobody really seems to care...

I think everybody is busy writing their final takes tbh. Because of the path of the show, the torrent of articles will naturally be right after the shoe drops.

1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

I read the books and I feel like an idiot now. I've been ripped off. Once again easy money had the last word…  bleh…

In a very recent interview, the actor who plays Euron has already given away that there's no happy ending for the show.

I doubt there will be one for the books, either. We just don't know how unhappy — yet.

18 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Bran is clearly the Last Hero.

Yet here and there in the fastness of the woods, the children still lived in their wooden cities and hollow hills, and the faces in the trees kept watch. So as cold and death filled the earth, the last hero determined to seek out the children, in the hopes that their ancient magics could win back what the armies of men had lost. He set out into the dead lands with a sword, a horse, a dog, and a dozen companions. For years he searched until he despaired of ever finding the children of the forest in their secret cities. One by one his friends died, and his horse, and finally even his dog, and his sword froze so hard the blade snapped when he tried to use it. 

And always has been.

The Last Hero became the Night's King. But that's book stuff.

Just now, Nowy Tends said:

I read the books and I feel like an idiot now. I've been ripped off. Once again easy money had the last word…  bleh…

You aren t alone. Manny people don t think of asoiaf as a tragedy or dark fantasy. 

I think grrm will have to do some damage control...

19 minutes ago, divica said:

I am sorry, but avengers endgame is so much better than GOT s8...

It may be a superhero movie, but it can deliver everything GOT should. 

Meh Avengers ending sucked.  Time travel nonsense is horrible.  As soon as you think 2 seconds into the plot there's giant holes in it.  They even bashed back to the future for shitty "time travel paradoxes" when they used the same plot hole crap in their own movie. 

Just now, Bradam said:

Meh Avengers ending sucked.  Time travel nonsense is horrible.  As soon as you think 2 seconds into the plot there's giant holes in it.  They even bashed back to the future for shitty "time travel paradoxes" when they used the same plot hole crap in their own movie. 

No. the avengers avoided the problems with time travel by saying that any changes in the timeline create alternate universes. So whatever they did in the past has no consequence in their future. That is why they need to act in the future intead of simply killing baby thanos.

But the point is that it wasn t what people were expecting, it had drama, satisfying action, satisfying endings for several characters and sad endings for others ( it was a good bittersweet), everyone mattered...

Honestly, endgame made people feel what GOT s8 should make people feel.

22 minutes ago, divica said:

And along the way likes to mind rape his friend that carries him around...

Let's not be too rough on a ten-year-old boy who wanted to be a knight but was trapped in his body with incredible untrained abilities and no one to tell him right and wrong.

Or maybe it's just the privilege of power. I'll take Bran as his world's ultimate saviour a million times before I'd trust a flaming Targaryen not to burn down that world.  Tragically but predictably, she cannot be trusted with that power.

Just now, divica said:

No. the avengers avoided the problems with time travel by saying that any changes in the timeline create alternate universes. So whatever they did in the past has no consequence in their future. That is why they need to act in the future intead of simply killing baby thanos.

But the point is that it wasn t what people were expecting, it had drama, satisfying action, satisfying endings for several characters and sad endings for others ( it was a good bittersweet), everyone mattered...

Honestly, endgame made people feel what GOT s8 should make people feel.

It was exactly what people were expecting.. a huge plot hole caused by "not time travel, just traveling through time via something something hand wave bob particles"

They created huge issues with a 4 year gap, random people just appearing.. where?  Where they poofed from 4 years ago?  Mid air since they were on a plane?  Over the ocean aaaaand splash if they were in a boat?  What if they were banging thier spouse when they poofed?  Did they reappear in that spot naked 4 years later? Thats just from a quick 2 seconds of pondering.  Its a huge gigantic cluster of a plot hole mess =0

Granted I did enjoy the movie.. I just hate time travel as a magic fix it. 

4 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Not to be redundant, but the petition now has over 1 million online signers.  I feel confident that during and after the finale the number will go up.

Let's have the Kit in the North have the last word here, as is only right and just:

How I feel about the show right now is quite defiant. I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season—and I don’t mean to sound mean about critics here—but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their [negative] judgement on it, in my head they can go fuck themselves. 'Cause I know how much work was put into this. I know how much people cared about this. I know how much pressure people put on themselves and I know how many sleepless nights working or otherwise people had on this show. Because they cared about it so much. Because they cared about the characters. Because they cared about the story. Because they cared about not letting people down.

Now if people feel let down by it, I don’t give a fuck—because everyone tried their hardest. That’s how I feel. 

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

Now if people feel let down by it, I don’t give a fuck—because everyone tried their hardest. That’s how I feel. 

He has a point I suppose, they tried their best, can't ask for more then that.

59 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

So what? It's at most performance art. It means nothing, and will do nothing.

You are absolutely correct.  However, if you take a minute to consider that over one million people signed this petition, that is amazing.  If the numbers keep going up, then we can calculate what percentage of viewers are indicating dissatisfaction with the show.  In addition, if D&D cannot be bothered with removing a starbucks cup from the screen or have potential shots of Jaime hugging Cersei with the wrong hand (caught just in time) maybe a little embarrassment coming their way is reasonable.

13 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Let's have the Kit in the North have the last word here, as is only right and just:

How I feel about the show right now is quite defiant. I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season—and I don’t mean to sound mean about critics here—but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their [negative] judgement on it, in my head they can go fuck themselves. 'Cause I know how much work was put into this. I know how much people cared about this. I know how much pressure people put on themselves and I know how many sleepless nights working or otherwise people had on this show. Because they cared about it so much. Because they cared about the characters. Because they cared about the story. Because they cared about not letting people down.

They tried so hard and care so much that they contradict their own show! 

Jaime kills aerys to save the small folk of KL. Now he never really cared. 

Davos says bells don t mean surrender in s2. Now they do. 

Starbucks cup

The objective of the wildlings for thousands of years was to go south to have a better live. Now that they can do it they go back north. 

Last season ended with snow in KL. This season winter never happened there. 

Danny forgot the iron fleet... 

And a lot of other situations... 

12 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

<snip>

Is that the same Kit who, when asked to sum up the final series in one word, said, “disappointing”? Just checking we’re talking about the same person. 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is that the same Kit who, when asked to sum up the final series in one word, said, “disappointing”? Just checking we’re talking about the same person. 

I hope he learns that it doesn t matter how much effort is put into a series/movie if the writing sucks. It makes something that should be amazing into garbage... 

Archived