Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

So what? It's at most performance art. It means nothing, and will do nothing.

I'm all for networks stepping back and letting the creatives dictate the show. But the networks need to intervene when a junior high English teacher could make the script look like it'd been through the Red Wedding and the showrunners still refuse to make the necessary corrections. Hopefully they'll intervene the next time a show reaches these lows again. 

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is that the same Kit who, when asked to sum up the final series in one word, said, “disappointing”? Just checking we’re talking about the same person. 

He's being attacked. How do you expect him to feel after watching hundreds of people, himself not least among them, give it their 300% for a super long time?

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

He's being attacked. How do you expect him to feel after watching hundreds of people, himself not least among them, give it their 300% for a super long time?

Hundreds? More like millions. But the point I was making was, Kit himself summed up the final series as “disappointing”. So, it’s ok for him to feel disappointed, but not for us? 

Anyway... I don’t blame him or any of the actors or anyone for this shitfest but David and Dan. 

6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Who is attacking him? 

Since when does he write or direct GOT. Nobody blames him for the stupid things actors do on screen... 

27 minutes ago, divica said:

They tried so hard and care so much that they contradict their own show! 

Jaime kills aerys to save the small folk of KL. Now he never really cared. 

Davos says bells don t mean surrender in s2. Now they do. 

Starbucks cup

The objective of the wildlings for thousands of years was to go south to have a better live. Now that they can do it they go back north. 

Last season ended with snow in KL. This season winter never happened there. 

Danny forgot the iron fleet... 

And a lot of other situations... 

In episode 4, during the sea skirmish with Urine, the Targaryen fleets show a sigil with a four-legged dragon.

Looking for a pic now...

Try this link...

In retrospect, I'm not sure that statement was really Kit complaining. When it was said, he couldn't really say how awful it was and he knew they'd all go down with D&D, so I wonder if he tried to put it out there in a memorable way that everyone else worked really hard and for viewers and critics to make the distinction between D&D's effort and everyone else's. I think it was very effective in that regard as I generally see people making a point to praise or criticize more on an individual basis and the cast has definitely stepped it up this season and they deserve credit for that even as the show is deservedly panned. 

What leads me to think that this was a bit of a coded message to the industry is because Kit has been sending out other signals personally: no more Jon Snow for him (so quit sending him scripts for rehashed of Jon Snow), and he complained about the humorless Jon Snow along side his very slapstick SNL appearance (I'm interested in comedy work!). 

32 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

You are absolutely correct.  However, if you take a minute to consider that over one million people signed this petition, that is amazing.

No, it is sad. I am not going to check the 1,000,000.

HBO did what they could do with what they had.

Martin reneged, he did not supply Winds of Winter or Dream of Spring.

People been yapping for years HBO and martin are gonna end up at the same place.

Dany got angry.  Burn them all.   Little does she know that there are wildfire pots underground of KL.

Just now, Clegane'sPup said:

No, it is sad. I am not going to check the 1,000,000.

HBO did what they could do with what they had.

Martin reneged, he did not supply Winds of Winter or Dream of Spring.

People been yapping for years HBO and martin are gonna end up at the same place.

Dany got angry.  Burn them all.   Little does she know that there are wildfire pots underground of KL.

D&D are competent adapters but awful writers and HBO could have demanded bringing in actual writers when there were no new books. D&D also complained about the additional workload from the books running out, so their refusing to add help from people who knew what they're doing is especially confounding. 

I think they like Cersei so much because they are Cersei. Won't let go because *power* even when it all falls down upon their head. We're D&D's Dany. Burn them all. 

2 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

D&D are competent adapters but awful writers and HBO could have demanded bringing in actual writers when there were no new books. D&D also complained about the additional workload from the books running out, so their refusing to add help from people who knew what they're doing is especially confounding. 

I think they like Cersei so much because they are Cersei. Won't let go because *power* even when it all falls down upon their head. We're D&D's Dany. Burn them all. 

I appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

My opinion is martin reneged on his deal.

People been yapping. Can't have it both ways.

Either martin shared the broad stroke ending plot points or he didn't.

So, either sumbody is lying or the show gives the ending.

Just now, Clegane'sPup said:

I appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

My opinion is martin reneged on his deal.

People been yapping. Can't have it both ways.

Either martin shared the broad stroke ending plot points or he didn't.

So, either sumbody is lying or the show gives the ending.

I'm not disagreeing, but there were options for damage control and still no one did anything. 

18 minutes ago, Lollygag said:

I'm not disagreeing, but there were options for damage control and still no one did anything. 

Lolly, what I am trying unsuccessfully to communicate is that martin failed to supply material. Therefore due to the bs that transpired martin gave the broad strokes of an unfinished series, something that martin has not written.

On the other hand, I need to accept HBO's ending. As has been said both GOT and ASOIAF supposedly end at the same point.

Time heals all. So what I have here is HBO gives a true ending. The hype is martin told. :dunno:

Where was it said that the deal struck included the final two books being out? Alternatively, who said Martin didn't fulfill his part of the deal? Do we even know what the deal was anyway? 

14 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Where was it said that the deal struck included the final two books being out? Alternatively, who said Martin didn't fulfill his part of the deal? Do we even know what the deal was anyway? 

There is no such deal.

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Look, HBO put martin on the map.

Martin failed to provide WoW.

All of that does not negate the martin & D&D shyte that the show and book will end at the same place.

Yeah, people ain't gonna like it ---

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Is that the same Kit who, when asked to sum up the final series in one word, said, “disappointing”? Just checking we’re talking about the same person. 

That poor boy literally turned off his brain and played word association. He backpedaled fairly quickly with "epic" but still.

I also think that Kit was speaking about more than the actual merit of the ending. I'm not an apologist, just my .02.

This isn't a gripe but after reading/viewing a lot of actor appearances...I think John Brantley is absolutely hilarious. His humor is like a self-aware Karl Pilkington but with better storytelling.

They all seem so great, though. I kinda hate that these folks will be the landing spot for some misplaced angst.

5 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Let's have the Kit in the North have the last word here, as is only right and just:

How I feel about the show right now is quite defiant. I think no matter what anyone thinks about this season—and I don’t mean to sound mean about critics here—but whatever critic spends half an hour writing about this season and makes their [negative] judgement on it, in my head they can go fuck themselves. 'Cause I know how much work was put into this. I know how much people cared about this. I know how much pressure people put on themselves and I know how many sleepless nights working or otherwise people had on this show. Because they cared about it so much. Because they cared about the characters. Because they cared about the story. Because they cared about not letting people down.

Now if people feel let down by it, I don’t give a fuck—because everyone tried their hardest. That’s how I feel. 

Hilarious and, I have to say, rather entitled.

Let's be clear: this is not an amateur or school performance where it's absolutely correct to say that it deserves credit "because they tried their hardest".  When something is supposedly professionally produced (and extremely well remunerated for it into the bargain), it is their responsibility to produce a quality, professional performance. Everyone working on the show has done that BAR the writers, who have been sloppy, immature and contrived.

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

To adapt something you need the adapting material. That is basic logic.

If someone doesn't get that GRRM has fucked it really up, by letting people adapt his books before he was finished, then those people should actually be able to enjoy Season 8, because they seem to lack any logic or intelligence whatsoever.

Archived