Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Just now, Mystical said:

There already are, especially for the future King aka Bran. The names I have heard assigned to him in podcasts (that talked about that spoiler) were hilarious. Just for this ending alone there will be never ending memes. Never mind what other nonsense happens in the episode.

Speaking of Bran.

'I mostly live in the past.'

Doesn't that sound like a perfect candidate for Kingship? Westeros lives in the present, needs someone for the present and to prepare for the future. So of course the perfect King is one who doesn't even live in the here and now. And his council is perfect. All MEN of course, no women allowed. And not just men but completely useless and ineffectual men. Tyrion who drank his brain away a long time ago, Bronn who is only out for himself, Davos who has been useless since he asked Melisandre to be executed and didn't achieve that and Sam whose only aquired knowledge after months of reading books in the Citadel was to find out something he already knew. And he's also a multiple oath breaker (as Maester and NW Brother). Perfect council. I really hope this is a foiler but I doubt it.

Either way I can't wait for the shitstorm. Got my drinks and popcorn ready...

That small council is the biggest joke I have ever heard. Nearly as good as the dothriaki deciding to attack essos to free slaves…

For some reason they won t avenge their kahlesi, will have 1 single khal to rule them all, will abandon the lands thousands of them died defending from the ww, the khal will be anti slavery for some reason… Even if the dothriaki are known slavers...

8 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I have accepted the ending and the characters’ fates as I can’t change them. I just wish there had been more time for character interaction and narrative.  I would have liked more conversation between Jon and the Starks as to why they didn’t trust Dany considering she had lost a dragon and many of her forces fighting against the Night King.  Maybe a word or two from Bran?  I would have liked more conversation between Dany and Jon and how he felt it was incestuous to be with your aunt.  Jon kissing her and then pushing her away wasn’t enough for me.   There just wasn’t enough concern given to Dany after all her losses (Viserion, Rhaegon, Missandei, Jorah, and her forces).   It is almost like they pushed her over the edge into a psychotic break with their spreading of secrets and betrayals.   I actually felt empathy for her and understood her descent into anger and rage.  Can’t help but feel things might have turned out differently if she had gotten a warmer welcome from the Starks and her closest support system hadn’t been eliminated.  It is a terrible thing for a Targaryen to be alone in the world.   This is a tragedy for sure.

Oh come on, look at the bright side : after the treatment they’ve done to Dany now they are going to receive it back. Loads hours of work, tremendous money, travels and so much effort from the actors, so much advertisement and none of their hard work is appreciated. What they will get is a mass of ungrateful fans, that want the last season rewriten, laughs and mocks, and detrust about any future project. Not to mention all the media focusing on how it failed all expectations. 

At least they will taste their own medicine. 

I bet you HBO will film a new ending set after the current one in the hopes of somehow salvaging things, and add it to the blu-ray or whatever, a year or so from now.

Some epilogue with Jon and maybe another actor or two, and of course ghost. 

That, or they’ll put it the first episode of the prequel show, before we go back in time to see what happened way back then.

HBO will want to course-correct, by any means necessary, as much as they can.

Just now, NonoNono said:

I bet you HBO will film a new ending set after the current one in the hopes of somehow salvaging things, and add it to the blu-ray or whatever, a year or so from now.

That, or they’ll put it the first episode of the prequel show, before we go back in time to see what happened way back then.

The best thing they could do is a movie about what happens after today's finalle. Like stargate or psych did for exemple.

12 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Davos who has been useless since he asked Melisandre to be executed and didn't achieve that

Davos is quite the winner for me... my favourite secondary character. But thanks to David and Dan, he’s a despicable human being now. Watch the scenes just before Shireen burns... the way they’ve played/edited it, he knows what’s coming, and does NOTHING. Basicaly, he’s the opposite of book!Davos. David and Dan’s “version” shouldn’t be titled Game of Thrones, but rather Bizarro Westeros. :ack:

6 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Will never happen. HBO has the most powerful awesome series, THE BIGGEST SHOW ON EARTH, and they don’t give two fucks what a bunch of disgruntled book fans have to say about it.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Davos is quite the winner for me... my favourite secondary character. But thanks to David and Dan, he’s a despicable human being now. Watch the scenes just before Shireen burns... the way they’ve played/edited it, he knows what’s coming, and does NOTHING. Basicaly, he’s the opposite of book!Davos. David and Dan’s “version” shouldn’t be titled Game of Thrones, but rather Bizarro Westeros. :ack:

Davos would have been good for any council IMO...Seasons ago. Now he's just Jon's yes man who helps him pick up chicks, forgot his wife entirely while he creeps on young women from exotic lands and spouts folksy wisdom that means nothing. Perfect for Bran's council.

2 minutes ago, divica said:

The best thing they could do is a movie about what happens after today's finalle. Like stargate or psych did for exemple.

I have little faith that they care since they have made their money off this series. Now if a million folks canceled their HBO subscriptions tomorrow then maybe they might at least recognize their colossal mistake.

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Will never happen. HBO has the most powerful awesome series, THE BIGGEST SHOW ON EARTH, and they don’t give two fucks what a bunch of disgruntled book fans have to say about it.

It was. The criticism of the show is now standard… You go to rotten tomatões and the audience score of the season is 40%... episodes below 7 on imdb...

They fucked GOT.

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

I have little faith that they care since they have made their money off this series. Now if a million folks canceled their HBO subscriptions tomorrow then maybe they might at least recognize their colossal mistake.

They care because of the prequels. They had social media interest on their side for their prequels and now nobody cares...

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Kit apparently skipped a funding event because he had to go meet execs at HBO out of nowhere. HBO sure as hell care, they didn’t want this to end in one season like it did, they knew the risk. What they didn’t want was for a season to cost more than previous ones by a large amount, because it’s not so profitable since in the end as many people would have watched it, and they didn’t want a year gap. But they accepted because that’s what D&D wanted so they could move on to Star Wars, which probably sounded like a great idea when there was all this hype around Ep VII, but not so much anymore.

HBO wants the fans back, they want the subscriptions, they NEED them, period.

1 minute ago, Mystical said:

Davos would have been good for any council IMO...Seasons ago. Now he's just Jon's yes man who helps him pick up chicks, forgot his wife entirely while he creeps on young women from exotic lands and spouts folksy wisdom that means nothing. Perfect for Bran's council.

Yup. He’s perfect for a ruling council in Bizarro Westeros. :ack:

27 minutes ago, Mystical said:

There already are, especially for the future King aka Bran. The names I have heard assigned to him in podcasts (that talked about that spoiler) were hilarious. Just for this ending alone there will be never ending memes. Never mind what other nonsense happens in the episode.

Speaking of Bran.

'I mostly live in the past.'

That's because there's so much he has to get lined up for tonight!!

1 minute ago, NonoNono said:

Kit apparently skipped a funding event because he had to go meet execs at HBO out of nowhere. HBO sure as hell care, they didn’t want this to end in one season like it did, they knew the risk. What they didn’t want was for a season to cost more than previous ones by a large amount, because it’s not so profitable since in the end as many people would have watched it, and they didn’t want a year gap. But they accepted because that’s what D&D wanted so they could move on to Star Wars, which probably sounded like a great idea when there was all this hype around Ep VII, but not so much anymore.

I really, really hope they haven't gone and done something stupid.

3 minutes ago, divica said:

They care because of the prequels. They had social media interest on their side for their prequels and now nobody cares...

Maybe they're worried about who would bother watching a prequel to a show whose ending they hate.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You keep telling yourself that. 

You have another... 120 mins of denial left, give or take. 

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

He already did. He pulled all the strings and let millions die to end up as Ruler Supreme of Westeros. 3ER for President.

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yes, the media spin will truly be something to behold.  Watch the narrative whiplash back and forth between "it's only disgruntled book purists who hate the show" and "look at the showrunners' extreme 'bravery' in daring to go against convention, etc.":rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Davos just pissed me off this season.  Why was he even there?  They obviously didn't know what to do with him.  A couple eps ago he declared he was "no fighter".  Last ep?  He's boldly striding along with Jon and Greyworm at the head of an army with a sword on his hip:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Too late!

Just now, NonoNono said:

I have doubts that they won t be fired from sw. Depending on how s8 ages (I would say it will get even more hate) D&D are everything SW needs to get away from. It just doesn t make sense for them to be responsable for a sw movie if it becomes acepted they ruined GOT...

Just now, CrypticWeirwood said:

At this point it is just wishfull thinking from the fans. 

15 minutes ago, divica said:

The best thing they could do is a movie about what happens after today's finale. Like stargate or psych did for exemple.

Somewhere it was said by someone officious -- don't ask me to find it now -- that the reason they're doing prequels only is that tonight will be the kind of ending that there can never be sequel to.

Archived