Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

"We already know that there is going to be a lot of action happening in Winterfell in season 8, which includes a siege and it will end with Winterfell being burned down.

One of our sources have informed us that a scene was filmed at the Winterfell and it involved the Hound and the Unsullied and they were fighting against each other. According to the source, the Unsullied surround the Hound and they fight against each other."[Source]

I don't trust this website, so take it with a grain of salt but I'm posting it anyway. Unsullied Wights? 

Yeah, Wiki of Thrones doesn't really have track record for having accurate sources but if true, then yeah, maybe Unsullied Wights.  I do wonder how effective dragonglass is against human foes though, as it was reported by WOTW that the Unsullied will be equipped with dragonglass-tipped spears.

Quote

The Unsullied have been filming in Toome, near the Winterfell set, for the last few weeks, sources tell us. Though it wasn’t a battle, we know they are getting ready to combat the White Walkers, as every Unsullied wielded a new dragonglass-tipped spear.

http://watchersonthewall.com/exclusive-game-of-thrones-season-8-spoilers-new-set-photos-unsullied-scene/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SecretWeapon said:

Cersei looks like she was dressed by Versace

Looks more like McQueen to me. 

 

2 hours ago, Wouter said:

Which may point to an endgame battle between Cersei and Jon/Dany (assuming those have both survived the NK)? It seems unlikely the NK would go for a protracted siege in a place like KL, which isn't as strong as most castles and can be taken by storm.

A lot depends on what is happening in that Jon/Cersei scene (assuming it isn't a fake). Is he a prisoner? Is he offering his help against an imminent WW attack on KL? Is he giving her one last chance to surrender before Dany and her dragons level the city?

If the two big set pieces in S8 that we know about--battle of Winterfell, siege of KL--are human vs. human, that begs the question of how they're going to deal with the NK threat. Even with a lavish $90 million budget or whatever it is, they can't afford to have three huge battles in one season. So if the two big set pieces don't involve the WWs and involve human conflicts, how will the WWs be defeated?

 

41 minutes ago, TRILOGY said:

"We already know that there is going to be a lot of action happening in Winterfell in season 8, which includes a siege and it will end with Winterfell being burned down.

One of our sources have informed us that a scene was filmed at the Winterfell and it involved the Hound and the Unsullied and they were fighting against each other. According to the source, the Unsullied surround the Hound and they fight against each other."[Source]

I don't trust this website, so take it with a grain of salt but I'm posting it anyway. Unsullied Wights? 

That site is full of it. They once claimed that one of their sources had informed them that Sansa would die bearing Ramsay's child in S7. 

With that said, Rory McCann was seen in Belfast around the same time they were shooting the Winterfell battle, so it's quite likely that the Hound is involved in the battle somehow.

There are also scenarios where the Hound is fighting with Unsullied for other reasons, like maybe he talks smack about the Unsullied's abilities and they spar with him to prove him wrong. 

Edited by Newstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Newstar said:

A lot depends on what is happening in that Jon/Cersei scene (assuming it isn't a fake). Is he a prisoner? Is he offering his help against an imminent WW attack on KL? Is he giving her one last chance to surrender before Dany and her dragons level the city?

If the two big set pieces in S8 that we know about--battle of Winterfell, siege of KL--are human vs. human, that begs the question of how they're going to deal with the NK threat. Even with a lavish $90 million budget or whatever it is, they can't afford to have three huge battles in one season. So if the two big set pieces don't involve the WWs and involve human conflicts, how will the WWs be defeated?

We still don't know for sure the battle of Winterfell is between human forces. Those pictures and video weren't that definite. 

Either there are at least three big battles (NK vs human army, KL and Winterfell between humans) or the NK has to be the attacker either in Winterfell or in KL. Or there is no big battle in KL at all (being burned by dragonfire may not count as a big battle in this sense, allthough it would mean CGI budget instead), which would leave room for 2 major battles (Winterfell and one elsewhere).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wouter said:

We still don't know for sure the battle of Winterfell is between human forces. Those pictures and video weren't that definite. 

Either there are at least three big battles (NK vs human army, KL and Winterfell between humans) or the NK has to be the attacker either in Winterfell or in KL. Or there is no big battle in KL at all (being burned by dragonfire may not count as a big battle in this sense, allthough it would mean CGI budget instead), which would leave room for 2 major battles (Winterfell and one elsewhere).

1.It's that video which seems to be of the attackers yelling that's leading people to think that the attackers are human and not wights.

2. I agree re: the battles, although they're not going to construct such an elaborate set unless a lot of human action will be involved. Otherwise, they could just CGI the destruction (think the exterior of the sept explosion sequence).

 

1 hour ago, SecretWeapon said:

;)

Edited by Newstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Newstar said:

I believe that for S7, there were pap shots of a Jaime/Cersei scene in front of that very same window. That's probably how the paps knew to target it.

An article from L7R was posted a few days ago about the Belfast exterior set (which is standing in for KL). Key points:

1. Last weekend was spent moving fuel tanks, but on Monday, the fuel tanks were gone, and L7R speculates that it's because they had been used: smoke could be seen rising from the set. 

2. A hole was made in one of the walls (meaning a breach from an attack, maybe?).

3. Filming isn't yet over, because a sort of tower is being added to the walls. 

Pics are in the article I linked.

This has led L7R to speculate that rather than a simple dragon attack, KL is being subjected to a full siege. 

I am excited to see that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wouter said:

Which may point to an endgame battle between Cersei and Jon/Dany (assuming those have both survived the NK)? It seems unlikely the NK would go for a protracted siege in a place like KL, which isn't as strong as most castles and can be taken by storm.

Nah. They're guessing it's a siege because there's a hole in the wall when the NK could make holes in the Wall with a dragon too. 

If it's Jon/ Daenerys doing it though then one of them is going to end up burning a million people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

Jon meeting cersei ? Any ideas - heard rumours she might capture him. Yawn. More dumbing down of jon snow?

No longclaw or armor, but I don't think he's a prisoner, he's wearing his cape. 

“We had a lot of discussions about, does the cape give him presence, or is it better to not have that presence? What are we trying to say?” Clapton told Uproxx. “There are times when we removed it because we wanted him to be more vulnerable. [...] When he went to see Cersei,” Clapton says, ”We put it on.”

Based on this, he isn't in a vulnerable position, and Cersei isn't wearing her crown, so I think they're on equal grounds. 

We need spoilers, I can't believe I'm analyzing costumes:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Nah. They're guessing it's a siege because there's a hole in the wall when the NK could make holes in the Wall with a dragon too. 

If it's Jon/ Daenerys doing it though then one of them is going to end up burning a million people. 

If the KL set is for a simple roasting with dragonfire, they don't need a physical set for that: they can CGI it as they did with the street scenes for the wildfire explosion. There's going to be a lot of action with extras on that set, or else they wouldn't bother building it.

The production designer spoke about Miguel Sapochnik filming big things in March. I'm guessing the KL set is for that. 

 

1 hour ago, TRILOGY said:

We need spoilers, I can't believe I'm analyzing costumes:ph34r:

The next batch of real spoilers will probably come out of the KL set filming in March. I don't expect much for the next little while (although I'd love to be proven wrong).

ETA: Maisie Williams was spotted today in Belfast. Rory McCann was apparently seen at the Belfast airport this morning (although it's not known whether he was flying in or out of town). Hound/Arya scenes incoming?

Edited by Newstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

Jon meeting cersei ? Any ideas - heard rumours she might capture him. Yawn. More dumbing down of jon snow?

If he gets any dumber Sansa will have to put a leash on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the main big battle against the Night's King will happen in King's Landing and not Winterfell. No way Dany would ever burn KL with dragonfire. I think the hole in the wall that L7R is talking about is the NK's doing. The WW's have been shown to do seige warfare tactics before.

I also totally agree with @Newstar that Cersei's dress is more McQueen than Versace. 

https://cdna.lystit.com/photos/2013/10/18/alexander-mcqueen-black-crepe-jewelneck-gown-product-1-14234650-460690768.jpeg

https://aroseoficeandfire.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/alexander-mcqueen-pre-fall-2013-22_110151653601.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t4wOlTYvAWI/TgMfI6JDZ9I/AAAAAAAAAy0/w13vuiGuFnI/s1600/alexander+mcqueen+resort+2.jpg

https://glamorockvanguard.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/alexander-mcqueen-2011-evening-dress.jpg

unlike the mcqueen dresses I posted though, I don't like Cersei's season 8 dress but that's a different story. 

What I'm wondering right now, is where everyone else will be when this Cersei/Jon meeting happens in episode 4? Dragonstone?

Edited by larastone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Newstar said:

If the KL set is for a simple roasting with dragonfire, they don't need a physical set for that: they can CGI it as they did with the street scenes for the wildfire explosion. There's going to be a lot of action with extras on that set, or else they wouldn't bother building it.

The production designer spoke about Miguel Sapochnik filming big things in March. I'm guessing the KL set is for that. 

 

The next batch of real spoilers will probably come out of the KL set filming in March. I don't expect much for the next little while (although I'd love to be proven wrong).

ETA: Maisie Williams was spotted today in Belfast. Rory McCann was apparently seen at the Belfast airport this morning (although it's not known whether he was flying in or out of town). Hound/Arya scenes incoming?

I was never refuting that there wasn't going to be action at KL besides a dragon burning. 

 

I was questioning the idea that it was a protracted siege.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Night shoots in Iceland, Croatia and Belfast. The long night. 

Maisie Williams Interview: [Source]

That’s because the actress admitted to me on Monday that after going through them for the first time she thought it would be “an impossible challenge” to shoot the episodes.

“For the final season as a whole it was just so impressive. My first real thought was, ‘Oh god, we have to shoot this now. And it is kind of an impossible challenge. It will be really difficult’.”

“I am currently on my way to a night shoot, which is week 4 of 12 weeks of night shoots. It’s just huge. The task is huge. But, there’s no better way to leave the show, to be honest.”

Edited by TRILOGY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TRILOGY said:

Night shoots in Iceland, Croatia and Belfast. The long night. 

Maisie Williams Interview: [Source]

That’s because the actress admitted to me on Monday that after going through them for the first time she thought it would be “an impossible challenge” to shoot the episodes.

“For the final season as a whole it was just so impressive. My first real thought was, ‘Oh god, we have to shoot this now. And it is kind of an impossible challenge. It will be really difficult’.”

“I am currently on my way to a night shoot, which is week 4 of 12 weeks of night shoots. It’s just huge. The task is huge. But, there’s no better way to leave the show, to be honest.”

That is a great idea that those night shoots are meant to symbolize the long night. 

What is interesting is that the shooting in Dubrovnick was during the day. Was the Long Night over by episode 4 or had it just not come yet to KL? 

Guess we will find out when we see them shoot on the KL set in march

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two crew members have talked about three months' worth of night shoots: a makeup artist and an assistant director. The assistant director posted on Instagram last week about it being "week 3 of 11." Tacking on eight weeks to that takes us to the beginning of April.

We know that Miguel Sapochnik's "big things" will be filmed in March and likely involve the big KL set which is still being built.

My guess is that the night shoots involve both the Winterfell battle and the final confrontation in KL. 

Maisie Williams did an interview with People recently where she mentioned that the day before the interview she had been doing combat training.

Going by the fact that the Winterfell battle stuff has been shot at the Moneyglass exterior set over the past month and a half, we can piece together who is and who isn't involved based on who's been spotted in Belfast around that time.

Kit, Maisie, NCW, Gwendoline Christie, Joe Dempsie, Rory McCann, and Kristofer Hivju have all been spotted in Belfast at various points over the past six weeks. NCW and Gwendoline were filming together for a week in January. So it stands to reason that Jon, Arya, Jaime, Brienne, Gendry, the Hound, and Tormund are all involved in the fighting at Winterfell. (One can probably safely assume Jorah and Pod are also in the mix, even if I don't believe their actors have been seen in Belfast over the past six weeks.)

Of course, that assumes that they haven't been filming other scenes while the Winterfell battle shoots are ongoing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2018 at 1:19 PM, Newstar said:

Two crew members have talked about three months' worth of night shoots: a makeup artist and an assistant director. The assistant director posted on Instagram last week about it being "week 3 of 11." Tacking on eight weeks to that takes us to the beginning of April.

We know that Miguel Sapochnik's "big things" will be filmed in March and likely involve the big KL set which is still being built.

My guess is that the night shoots involve both the Winterfell battle and the final confrontation in KL. 

Maisie Williams did an interview with People recently where she mentioned that the day before the interview she had been doing combat training.

Going by the fact that the Winterfell battle stuff has been shot at the Moneyglass exterior set over the past month and a half, we can piece together who is and who isn't involved based on who's been spotted in Belfast around that time.

Kit, Maisie, NCW, Gwendoline Christie, Joe Dempsie, Rory McCann, and Kristofer Hivju have all been spotted in Belfast at various points over the past six weeks. NCW and Gwendoline were filming together for a week in January. So it stands to reason that Jon, Arya, Jaime, Brienne, Gendry, the Hound, and Tormund are all involved in the fighting at Winterfell. (One can probably safely assume Jorah and Pod are also in the mix, even if I don't believe their actors have been seen in Belfast over the past six weeks.)

Of course, that assumes that they haven't been filming other scenes while the Winterfell battle shoots are ongoing.

Really interesting idea that the night shoots include both Winterfell and KL. Can't believe no one else thought of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/2/2018 at 3:19 PM, Newstar said:

Two crew members have talked about three months' worth of night shoots: a makeup artist and an assistant director. The assistant director posted on Instagram last week about it being "week 3 of 11." Tacking on eight weeks to that takes us to the beginning of April.

We know that Miguel Sapochnik's "big things" will be filmed in March and likely involve the big KL set which is still being built.

My guess is that the night shoots involve both the Winterfell battle and the final confrontation in KL. 

Maisie Williams did an interview with People recently where she mentioned that the day before the interview she had been doing combat training.

Going by the fact that the Winterfell battle stuff has been shot at the Moneyglass exterior set over the past month and a half, we can piece together who is and who isn't involved based on who's been spotted in Belfast around that time.

Kit, Maisie, NCW, Gwendoline Christie, Joe Dempsie, Rory McCann, and Kristofer Hivju have all been spotted in Belfast at various points over the past six weeks. NCW and Gwendoline were filming together for a week in January. So it stands to reason that Jon, Arya, Jaime, Brienne, Gendry, the Hound, and Tormund are all involved in the fighting at Winterfell. (One can probably safely assume Jorah and Pod are also in the mix, even if I don't believe their actors have been seen in Belfast over the past six weeks.)

Of course, that assumes that they haven't been filming other scenes while the Winterfell battle shoots are ongoing.

Good observation, I agree with this. 

Nathalie Emmanuel's absence is interesting, I don’t think we will see much of her in S8. (In general, not battles) 

Some minor info: 

Spoiler


"Also seen next door today, hundreds of extras streaming out from filming GOT at the Titanic Studios."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×