Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

2 minutes ago, The Coconut God said:

I don't think the show proves number 3. It proves that Jaime and Bran will meet again, yes, but that doesn't need to take place at Winterfell. I'm betting on Brienne and Jaime leading an expedition north of the Wall with the BwB, mirroring the Last Hero story.

I, too, am unconvinced that Bran leaves that cave.  Don't get me wrong - I want him to, but I'm just not convinced he will.  He has other ways of communicating which he was just getting the hang of as ADwD ended.

19 hours ago, DMC said:

... but I disagree with your depiction.

About fAegon popularity?

A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd

Illrio made sure he is Aegon V again. He was trained to please the Faith and the poor. The Targaryen name may not help. But considering Cersei alternative...

1 hour ago, The Coconut God said:

I don't think the show proves number 3. It proves that Jaime and Bran will meet again, yes, but that doesn't need to take place at Winterfell. I'm betting on Brienne and Jaime leading an expedition north of the Wall with the BwB, mirroring the Last Hero story.

1 hour ago, Ser Quork said:

I, too, am unconvinced that Bran leaves that cave.  Don't get me wrong - I want him to, but I'm just not convinced he will.  He has other ways of communicating which he was just getting the hang of as ADwD ended.

:agree:

May be wrong, but I feel Bran needs to remain in the cave to fully access what power the Old Gods can give him, to fuse with the weirwoods. And become what he must become.

Jaime may travel north and meet Bran there. I would like to see them together. But I believe he has an "appointment" with a given "lady" (two ladies in fact, Stoneheart  and Cersei). Maybe LSH will want to kill him before a weirwood. Maybe Bran will manifest himself there and tell her to stop. I believe Bran may also intervene to save Theon from Stannis, So maybe only one will happen as GRRM is not likely to repeat.

34 minutes ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Jaime may travel north and meet Bran there. I would like to see them together. But I believe he has an "appointment" with a given "lady" (two ladies in fact, Stoneheart  and Cersei). Maybe LSH will want to kill him before a weirwood. Maybe Bran will manifest himself there and tell her to stop. I believe Bran may also intervene to save Theon from Stannis, So maybe only one will happen as GRRM is not likely to repeat.

Think you might be right. I noticed a connection between the Lannisters and the 12 Labors of Hercules and the next to the last sounds like this. 

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Herakles/apples.html

10 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

That's not the issue... Dany and Jon are clearly not part of Tyrion's trial for treason: at least they don't judge him.

What I mean is that they can be in the final dragon's pit scene (shot in Spain) , RIDING THEIR DRAGONS (shot in Ireland)

1 hour ago, NonoNono said:

Why would a trial of Tyrion take place in the dragon pit? Cersei used that place to insult Dany.

Instead of endlessly discussing your crazy theories in this thread, you should start to use it for what it was put up for: SPOILERS and LEAKS. So start reading it from the beginning and find the (supposed) SPOILERS and LEAKS that have popped out in the last months. Then you will know what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jô Maltese said:

Instead of endlessly discussing your crazy theories in this thread, you should start to use it for what it was put up for: SPOILERS and LEAKS. So start reading it from the beginning and find the (supposed) SPOILERS and LEAKS that have popped out in the last months. Then you will know what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

So how does it explain why Tyrion would be trialed there? Why the dragon pit?

1 hour ago, NonoNono said:

So how does it explain why Tyrion would be trialed there? Why the dragon pit?

It was filmed there.

Maybe because that's where the dragons are kept. Ya know, if he's found guilty, they're close at hand? :dunno:

4 hours ago, Jô Maltese said:

What I mean is that they can be in the final dragon's pit scene (shot in Spain) , RIDING THEIR DRAGONS (shot in Ireland)

Perhaps. Or they have a dragon scene before or after. According to frikidoctor there's no execution scene filmed in the location of the dragonpit (Itaca, Spain). If he's found guilty and he is executed, you'd need that as scene after. Though I suspect that if he's found guilty, he might opt to take the black. ;)

38 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

It was filmed there.

Maybe because that's where the dragons are kept. Ya know, if he's found guilty, they're close at hand? :dunno:

Dany would never keep the dragons there, the pit is a place of insult to her, it's where the dragons died.

It only makes sense if it was Cersei who trialed someone like Dany there.

I find that shoot suspect. No green screen this time, and so many people were in Seville during this shoot, even the waif and Jaqen and Sweet Robyn. I find it doubtful that it is a legit scene. We know they filmed some fake scenes.

5 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

Dany would never keep the dragons there, the pit is a place of insult to her, it's where the dragons died.

It only makes sense if it was Cersei who trialed someone like Dany there.

I find that shoot suspect. No green screen this time, and so many people were in Seville during this shoot, even the waif and Jaqen and Sweet Robyn. I find it doubtful that it is a legit scene. We know they filmed some fake scenes.

They didn't film fake scenes. They had Unsullied extras do training there (not filmed), and apparently the Waif's actress wear braids as if she was to get a wig. And they had actors and Jon's double who didn't participate in the scene be present in the area to make people believe they were part of a scene.

The show certainly has started to set up a plotline with regards the trustworthiness of Tyrion.

53 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

They didn't film fake scenes. They had Unsullied extras do training there (not filmed), and apparently the Waif's actress wear braids as if she was to get a wig. And they had actors and Jon's double who didn't participate in the scene be present in the area to make people believe they were part of a scene.

The show certainly has started to set up a plotline with regards the trustworthiness of Tyrion.

Well it seems more that Sansa made him realize he had been played by Cersei, who has now sent Bronn to kill both. I don’t see why he would betray Sansa or Jon or Dany, unless they do something terrible but then that would mean whoever rules it an ass.

I always thought since I read the books that Tyrion would become lord commander at the wall. But I don’t expect it to happen due to treason against “the good guys”.

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

Do we know anything else from the final three episodes other than this trial scene (and the fighting at King's Landing)? We are talking about an 80 minutes episode, even if a trial does happen, it can't be all about that. Even in season 4, the trial itself was only 16 minutes, and that one actually had depth to it (here he would be tried for something he did the previous episode, most likely).

Also, what was the duration of the shoot? I can't imagine it being more than a day or two... One scene filmed in one day that doesn't necessarily tie to anything else we know could easily be fake.

13 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

I don't think the show "proves" anything necessarily, so maybe I should not have said "drawing conclusions."  But, what I would say is "strong indicator" or "vastly increasing likelihood."  In that case, the fact Bran is back in Winterfell, and not only having a significant presence there but now serving as a very strange Basil Exposition to move the plot, I think your theory about Jaime and Brienne is almost certainly wrong.  Even though I really do like it.

8 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Why would a trial of Tyrion take place in the dragon pit? Cersei used that place to insult Dany.

I think that's a fair question, although we don't know yet why the show does it, or even if it's true.  If it is, there should be some explanation other than "this is the set we had for major scenes," because I agree it doesn't really make much sense.  And I don't think you should be getting as much angry pushback for asking that question.

ETA:  The best explanation, which I'm sure many have thought of/discussed before, is that the Red Keep is destroyed/burned/whatever which way to say inhospitable.

6 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

Do we know anything else from the final three episodes other than this trial scene (and the fighting at King's Landing)? We are talking about an 80 minutes episode, even if a trial does happen, it can't be all about that. Even in season 4, the trial itself was only 16 minutes, and that one actually had depth to it (here he would be tried for something he did the previous episode, most likely).

Also, what was the duration of the shoot? I can't imagine it being more than a day or two... One scene filmed in one day that doesn't necessarily tie to anything else we know could easily be fake.

The dragonpit-set filming was 3-4 days? But according to frikidoctor there's a scene with Dany, Jon, Arya and Sansa and Tyrion filmed somewhere else that led to the discovery of the treason, and this is likely overlaid with the trial scene. So, no, I don't think the entire finale episode is about this trial.

7 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Well it seems more that Sansa made him realize he had been played by Cersei, who has now sent Bronn to kill both. I don’t see why he would betray Sansa or Jon or Dany, unless they do something terrible but then that would mean whoever rules it an ass.

I always thought since I read the books that Tyrion would become lord commander at the wall. But I don’t expect it to happen due to treason against “the good guys”.

Taking the black doesn't mean "being the LC"

Qyburn said Cersei wanted her brothers dead, and she paid upfront. But did you watch Qyburn's face with regards Cersei's response to the wall being breached? And his face when it was about whether or not Cersei took Euron to bed? I'm not convinced this was actually's Cersei's order. Plus he gives Bronn the bow that Joffrey killed Ros with and Tyrion shot his father. Ros was a prostite that Tyrion had once liked and whom he sent with her friend to please Joffrey. It's like Qyburn gives Bronn a reminder of Tyrion, the man who first hried him and promised to pay him double whatever anyone else had offered, and Qyburn pays not in castles, but straight up gold. I don't believe Bronn will shoot either Tyrion nor Jaime, and perhaps Qyburn knows it. Qyburn is playing a game of his own imo. We even had a callback to Pycelle, when the prostitute told Qyburn she had a thing for older men. But Qyburn isn't Pycelle, in other words, he's not loyal to Lannisters or Cersei to a fault as Pycelle was. Pycelle was a fool, who got caught with a prostitute in bed and sent to a black cell by Tyion. Qyburn isn't that fool. He knows a losing side when he sees it. And he witnessed Cersei give in to Euron, because Euron's her sole ally, and she can't afford to lose him and his fleet. Qyburn knows that Cersei only is stalling the inevitable with Euron either usurping her or betraying her. Anyhow, I wouldn't take that scene at face value, whatsoever.

Tyrion and treason and being accused to be traitor to those he tried to help is a pattern for him: he helps Bran with a saddle, and gets taken by Cat for the murder attempt on Bran; he helps Cersei and Joffrey win against Stannis and whatnotwhat and gets tried for the murder of Joffrey; he helps Dany and ....

There have been ample show-shots taken of Tyrion in S7 how he is increasingly upset over what happens to House Lannister and wants to keep them safe from harm. He's the one proposing a plan to starve KL and take over Westeros purely because the rulers of a region choose Dany over Cersei without violence. Then Dany retaliates against the Lannisters after she lost Dorne, her Greyjoy fleet and the Reach. During, he hopes Jaime doesn't do something stupid that would get him killed and he's stricken when he walks through the ashes of the aftermath. He sort of makes up with Jaime at least before personally seeing Cersei, and "learns" she's pregnant. He never wanted Cersei's children harmed, not even Joffrey (not in the show).

Meanwhile Varys told him to find a way to be of more influence, but he can't even prevent Dany from flying north of the Wall to save Jon. And his influence on Dany only gets smaller and smaller. And though Tyrion was the one to tell Dany to ditch Daario so she could make a political sensible match in Westeros, he never ever proposed the most logical political match to settle the issue between Jon and Dany when he came to Dragonstone: that he was KitN and did not bend the knee. Our smart guy never thought that a marriage would resolve it? Of course he knew that was a solution, especially once he saw them making eyes at one another. But he never mentioned it, because he didn't want Dany to wed Jon. 

And no matter how dysfunctional his relationship with Cersei has been, Tyrion has never stopped wanting to prove himself to her that he loved her chidlren, was loyal, not even during the private meeting of s7. Parallel this with Sam: has a dysfunctional relationship with his family, even steals the family's sword, but he's devestated and angry with Dany over what she did, already putting things into motion to keep her from getting the throne. Why woudl it be any different for Tyrion. Remember that this is not book-Tyrion who wants to rape and murder his sister as he's wandering in Essos.

So, yeah, enough groundwork for Tyrion to ultimately betray them. Worse, if he does all that and Cersei still does not accept him, he can end up being so angry with Cersei that he kills her (as he did with his father), and then we get an "hour of the wolf" passage where the Starks put the murderer of a monarch (even if that monarch was their enemy) on trial (which Ned Stark would have done with Jaime, if Robert hadn't prevented it).

I'm not sure that Tyrion or Jaime will end up the valonqar (bookwise) anyway.  I think we're in for a surprise there.  I think it's possible that Marwyn is the 'little brother' of valyrian fame.  Since his travels may have taken him to a place where he would be so named and maesters belong to a brotherhood.  Do they not?  Some of Cersei's dreams could be manipulation by glass candle.   In one of her dreams, the hands stand out specifically.  It's Sam who tells us that Marwyn has the biggest hands he's ever seen.  Cersei certainly fits the description of a treacherous woman:

A Feast for Crows - Samwell V

He was not a man to be refused. Sam hesitated a moment, then told his tale again as Marywn, Alleras, and the other novice listened. "Maester Aemon believed that Daenerys Targaryen was the fulfillment of a prophecy . . . her, not Stannis, nor Prince Rhaegar, nor the princeling whose head was dashed against the wall."

"Born amidst salt and smoke, beneath a bleeding star. I know the prophecy." Marwyn turned his head and spat a gob of red phlegm onto the floor. "Not that I would trust it. Gorghan of Old Ghis once wrote that a prophecy is like a treacherous woman. She takes your member in her mouth, and you moan with the pleasure of it and think, how sweet, how fine, how good this is . . . and then her teeth snap shut and your moans turn to screams. That is the nature of prophecy, said Gorghan. Prophecy will bite your prick off every time." He chewed a bit. "Still . . ."

26 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Guys did you see how much the first chapter focused on Harry Strickland? He's gonna be "Aegon" for sure :lol::lol::lol:

YAS!!

maybe he will try to overthrow Cersei, which is fair since it has been such smooth sailing for her and a nightmare for Team Danuy

Archived