Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, divica said:

I think most people give reasons why they deslike the show. Some of them might be stupid reasons or reasons you don t agree with...

For example, have you seen the amount of conversations this season we have seen interrupted because the show stopped the scene without the conversation reaching a conclusion? Or the characters were interrupted... 

You can criticize a scene. You can also criticize an episode. If you don't enjoy the whole series, it makes no sense to participate on a discussion about the series. You stop watch it. You continue with the books. Otherwise you destroy the discussion. You (not you personally) don't have to jump on the hype train of every TV series. 

Edited by T and A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T and A said:

That is a brilliant point, and how discussions should be. You didn't just said, the show sucks, it allways sucked. Because this is how all the discussions work here. ;) .

It's best to just discuss what you want and not try to control other posters. Especially ones who have been here for 5+ years.

The show is not that good- D&D ruined a lot for a lot of serious asoiaf fans, myself included.

It is almost impossible to have a serious discussion about a show that is all about shock value, bad writing and plot holes galore.

I am watching because asoiaf are my favorite books and this is most likely the only adaptation I will ever get.  Sorry if my standards are high, but HBO has made the best shows ever seen on television. If you compare the writing on The Sopranos or Deadwood or The Wire to GOT..........

so maybe just keep that in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

It's best to just discuss what you want and not try to control other posters. Especially ones who have been here for 5+ years.

 

Do you get a special treatment here for being 5+ years in this forum? 

17 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

The show is not that good- D&D ruined a lot for a lot of serious asoiaf fans, myself included.

It is almost impossible to have a serious discussion about a show that is all about shock value, bad writing and plot holes galore

But that is not my point and surely I didn't write that. There are gazillion threads here. And every thread is repeatedly with the same posts. "Who will die". 60% of the answers: doesn't matter, the show sucks. "Who is the Night King": "70% of the posts from the same guys: D&D are shit. It is not about complaining. It is about letting people discuss the specific topic. 

BTW. I am also a huge ASOIAF fan. But I can differentiate the two storys. If I want to discuss the books, I visit the book forum. 

Just a quick reminder:

This is a topic about Leaks and Spoilers. And what are we discussing here? Do you get my point?

Edited by T and A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T and A said:

Do you get a special treatment here for being 5+ years in this forum? 

But that is not my point and surely I didn't write that. There are gazillion threads here. And every thread is repeatedly with the same posts. "Who will die". 60% of the answers: doesn't matter, the show sucks. "Who is the Night King": "70% of the posts from the same guys: D&D are shit. It is not about complaining. It is about letting people discuss the specific topic. 

BTW. I am also a huge ASOIAF fan. But I can differentiate the two storys. If I want to discuss the books, I visit the book forum. 

You keep saying "if you hate the show so much why watch it"

I'm saying to you, If you hate the way it is on this forum is so much then why post on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

You keep saying "if you hate the show so much why watch it"

I'm saying to you, If you hate the way it is on this forum is so much then why post on it?

You have a point here :P. If that is what the mods want: Don't have people to discuss actual topics then, I am the one who is wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Well, if Sansa is going to get married it will be with Theon. That look when they have a bowl of soup in the courtyard… :blink:

Except that she is still married with Tyrion... And Theon is very likely to die next week saving Bran IMHO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arya will be pregnant, which will make her sympathetic to and stay her hand while she is trying to assassinate Cersei. So instead Jaime will have to kill Cersei because he doesnt care if she's pregnant, at the same time that the Hound is killing the Mountain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Arya will be pregnant, which will make her sympathetic to and stay her hand while she is trying to assassinate Cersei. So instead Jaime will have to kill Cersei because he doesnt care if she's pregnant, at the same time that the Hound is killing the Mountain.

Of course you're right, we still need this to happen, so disregard my comment in the other thread Suzie ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jô Maltese said:

Well, if Sansa is going to get married it will be with Theon. 

Theon cannot have children. The point of marriage is to have children to keep family and inheritance intact. So no.  In fact, if the Greyjoys want to keep theirs, Yara's gonna have to bite the bullet, so to speak. :read:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Theon cannot have children. The point of marriage is to have children to keep family and inheritance intact. 

I'm not sure Sansa is interested in sex/procreation after what she went through with Ramsay…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Nowy Tends said:

I'm not sure Sansa is interested in sex/procreation after what she went through with Ramsay…

That, too . . . . 

She was very lucky not to have gotten pregnant from -- I can't even make myself type the name ....

For all we know, maybe she can't get pregnant ... or he whose name I will not type or speak couldn't get anybody pregnant.

To such questions we shall never have answers so it ultimately doesn't matter, I guess?

Edited by Zorral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Theon cannot have children. The point of marriage is to have children to keep family and inheritance intact. So no.  In fact, if the Greyjoys want to keep theirs, Yara's gonna have to bite the bullet, so to speak. :read:

Get your quotes right, you quoted my quote, not my actual answer to that quote. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zorral said:

 

For all we know, maybe she can't get pregnant ... or he whose name I will not type or speak couldn't get anybody pregnant.

To such questions we shall never have answers so it ultimately doesn't matter, I guess?

I don't want to put pictures in your head, but the specificnes of the scene with Ramsay and Sansa (I wont go into analysed detail) may also hint that geting Sansa pregnant was not biologically possible. The Director choose a very specific way of showing it. Lets leave it that way. Now I cant get that scene out of my head...Ramsay really was a sick psycho...

At least they didn't go with GRRM's version. That would have been...holly shit...

Edited by T and A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T and A said:

The Director choose a very specific way of showing it. Lets leave it that way. Now I cant get that scene out of my head...Ramsay really was a sick psycho...

Agreed, it's exactly what I thought when I watched it, unfortunately… there are historical precedents I believe… it's an unpleasant thought so yes, lets leave it there…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jô Maltese said:

Get your quotes right, you quoted my quote, not my actual answer to that quote. :rolleyes:

An obviously unintentional error, which matters not in the least to anybody because none of this is about you.  :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Coconut God said:

Is it just me, or does that leak about Tyrion's trial seem a lot less likely after this episode? His general incompetence was addressed, it doesn't look like he knew that Cersei would betray them, and so many characters vouched for him and praised his intelligence that it would seem downright comical if he screwed them over once again.

Except there was his mysterious talk with Bran we don´t know anything about. That and his knowing looks whenever he sees the growing tension between Dany and Jon makes it very likely he already knows about Jon´s true heritage and may start to change his aliance towards him. As we saw last season D&D loves to keep the key moments offscreen to fool the audience. So I expect they will do something similar this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Is Cersei going to be in the next episode or nah?

Nah.

2 hours ago, tws1978 said:

Except there was his mysterious talk with Bran we don´t know anything about. That and his knowing looks whenever he sees the growing tension between Dany and Jon makes it very likely he already knows about Jon´s true heritage and may start to change his aliance towards him. As we saw last season D&D loves to keep the key moments offscreen to fool the audience. So I expect they will do something similar this year.

I doubt the leak regarding Tyrions trial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A "leaker" on reddit says the Golden Company show up at the battle and shoot down Rhaegal with another Qyburn bolt thingy (he doesn't die, just gets injured), then the NK swoops in on Viserion and destroys the GC.  Link

He says the character deaths are:  Edd, Beric, Pod, Jorah (last words are Here We Stand to Lyanna Mormont as he holds a crypt tunnel so others can escape), and Gendry (Arya gives him the gift of mercy).

No idea if they are legitimate, but their post did get removed by reddit.  Some people think they may have filed a copyright claim against themselves to make their fake leaks appear real though,

Everything they said seems plausible...the GC abruptly showing up at WF with no buildup and Bran not seeing it seems like such a classic D&D move, I could totally see it happening.         

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

A "leaker" on reddit says the Golden Company show up at the battle and shoot down Rhaegal with another Qyburn bolt thingy (he doesn't die, just gets injured), then the NK swoops in on Viserion and destroys the GC.  Link

He says the character deaths are:  Edd, Beric, Pod, Jorah (last words are Here We Stand to Lyanna Mormont as he holds a crypt tunnel so others can escape), and Gendry (Arya gives him the gift of mercy).

No idea if they are legitimate, but their post did get removed by reddit.  Some people think they may have filed a copyright claim against themselves to make their fake leaks appear real though,

Everything they said seems plausible...the GC abruptly showing up at WF with no buildup and Bran not seeing it seems like such a classic D&D move, I could totally see it happening.         

Jeez. 

Why would Cersei send the GC to Winterfell though? But as you said, seems like it could be a typical D&D asspull, so who knows. Also, I thought there was gonna be two big battle episodes? If the GC gets nuked now, what’s the other battle going to be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×