Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

Based on the HBO execs statements, a LOT of main and secondary characters will die, with many dying in the final episode.  Based on Emilia's statement of feeling dazed and needing to take a walk when she got the script, if I assume she was being honest and not acting or purposefully misdirecting, that reaction suggests that Dany dies at the end, maybe even both Dany and Jon die at the end, although that is pretty far from bittersweet, LOL.  However, Jon killing Dany and his unborn child is just silly and is not going to happen.

3 hours ago, A man has no name said:

As the rest of us probably have, I heard some crazy shit on the radio about the end of the show. Of course it was not a GoT pod, or any type of entertainment radio-but they were talking about how the entire cast had thier table read, and everyone ended up with tears in their eyes.

"The best lies have a seed of truth" (*I think the kindly man said that one...)

They continued to say, every main character in the story will be killed by the ending save Arya and Gendry who will sit the Iron throne. I have my endgame thoughts, curious to see what the minds on this blog do.

I doubt that gendry and Arya will sit on the iron throne.  I believe Jon and/or Dany would survive and have a child.

Most likely they would have flash forwards of the survivors and we will see their future lives and their deaths in the future.

My predictions is that Sansa rules the north.  Sam rules the reach. Robin Arryn would rule the vale.  Arya rules the Riverlands.  Gendry rules the Stormlands.  Arya and Gendry marry and have children. (The Riverlands and stormlands border each other.  Also the storm kings ruled the Riverlands for hundreds of years.  It could happen) Yara will rule the iron islands.  Don't know about Dorne or the Westerlands (my far out guess is Jaime and Brienne have a kid and that kid would be the heir for the west.  That might be and reach).

It's quite obvious how the story will end imo. One important notion to make is that the story has a cyclical perception of time. The same things keep happening over and over again, only slightly changed. Therefore the story will end the way it started. Another important point to make is the balance of ice and fire. These two themes reveal the ending.

The Targaryen symbol is a big hint itself. No one knows where it came from and what's the story behind the three headed dragon. The reality is that the three headed dragon refers to the three Targaryens who keep saving their House from extinction time and time again. We know of Doom of Valyria that killed all Targs - except Aegon and his 2 sisters who united the warring kingdoms of Westeros and rebuild their House. Now, yet again, the same thing has happened. Doom in this case is Robert's Rebellion and the three Targs who unite the yet again warring kingdoms and rebuild their House are Dany, Jon and their son.

The balance of ice and fire is important aswell. All the dragonlords are dead and the Targaryens are the only ones left with fire magig running in their veins. Their blood affects everything. When Dany gave birth to the dragons, magical elements became stronger throughout the world. However, it needs to be pointed out that ice magic has simultaneously been growing in power. Ice and fire aren't at odd with one another, they are faces of the same coin, feeding one another. And the only family with ice magic in their veins is House Stark. Night King is a Stark. He controls the dead by warging and it's a skill we know only the Stark children have.

The current Night King is not interested in fighting ice and fire. Jon is wrong on this ("You know nothing Jon Snow"). He is only interested in bringing back the magical balance and this is where House Lannister comes in. They are the biggest threat to both Targs and Starks. The Night King will not fly his ice dragon to Winterfell, he will fly it to King's Landing.

Daenerys is very obviously becoming the Night Queen. Everything points at this. All of her dragons and men will die ("Valar Morghulis") and she will be betrayed by Tyrion ("betrayal for love"). So in the end she will be in charge of her own dead men and dragons. This will give her the leverage to install her baby boy at the head of Westeros. But she is not a Stark. She can not warg. So the role of the new Night King falls upon Jon Snow. This is where his Targ/Stark -role is goinh for. He can give Dany a full-blown Targ baby AND he can warg the dead.

So in the end Jon and Dany become the new Night King and Queen and their baby son (The prince that was pomised) rebuilds his House with the help of Sansa (the younger, more beautiful queen), Gendry ("there is power in King's blood") and Jaime who works as his Hand. This way all the great Houses that joined forces to attack House Targaryen in Robert's Rebellion, join forces to rebuild it. Arya kills Cersei since she is the only character who can fulfill the double-gender in the valonqar prophecy AND she spent the first season running around the dungeons of King's Landing. In other words, she knows her way in. The face she will be wearing is Tyrions.

More clues to this outcome are the 7 gods of The Faith. As I've said, the story is in a time loop and the 7 gods are actually referring to the 7 heroes of this story: Dany (mother), Jon (father), Gendry (smith), Jaime (warrior), Melisandre (crone), Sansa (maiden) and the Night King (stranger). Yes, the NK is listed as one of the heroes for a reason. Once the threat for ice and fire is gone the balance is restored again. Until centuries later people have forgotten about their history and try to kill the Targs again. Then Daenerys the Night Queen will return and do what she said she would do at the end of season 1: "I swear to you, those who would harm you will die screaming!" And the people at the time will treat her and Jon as monsters. Just like they are treating the current Night King. Samwell Tarly will write this story down, hoping people will remember what happened. But it will be in vain. As a matter of fact, the story has already been written in some form because Rhaegar Targaryen knew about the three headed dragon after he read about it in Oldtown.

8 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I doubt that gendry and Arya will sit on the iron throne.  I believe Jon and/or Dany would survive and have a child.

Most likely they would have flash forwards of the survivors and we will see their future lives and their deaths in the future.

My predictions is that Sansa rules the north.  Sam rules the reach. Robin Arryn would rule the vale.  Arya rules the Riverlands.  Gendry rules the Stormlands.  Arya and Gendry marry and have children. (The Riverlands and stormlands border each other.  Also the storm kings ruled the Riverlands for hundreds of years.  It could happen) Yara will rule the iron islands.  Don't know about Dorne or the Westerlands (my far out guess is Jaime and Brienne have a kid and that kid would be the heir for the west.  That might be and reach).

That's so ....lame and uninspired. Every important character gets a kingdom to rule and everyone has babies ever after.

Bleh.

They’ll do whatever generates ratings and talk. There’s a new franchise or five to build up enthusiasm for and GOT’s claim to fame is being unpredictable and shocking.

Logic, plot and characterization became irrelevant a long time ago. It cracks me up when people say something won’t happen in the show because it doesn’t make sense.:lmao:

21 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

After RamSan, no plot is too bizarre for me to believe.

It's crazy how badly Freefolk is handling the very possibility that Jon may kill Dany. I only go on there these days when someone mentions a leak here, but the Jonerys shipping over there turned me off the site a long time ago. They make tumblr look tame. 

If Jon does kill Dany, however, that would certainly qualify as the third "holy shit" moment. It's also going to be incredibly controversial, given that it will be an instance of the "empowered woman" getting killed so the guy can save the day. 

:agree:

Freefolk used to be reasonably solid for sorting out the solid stuff from the nonsense, but I can't really trust it to be objective anymore. Jon killing Dany would be blah for the book readers, but it would be a "holy shit" moment for the casual viewers. But the show is designed for the casual viewers, so....

19 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

It's quite obvious how the story will end imo. One important notion to make is that the story has a cyclical perception of time. The same things keep happening over and over again, only slightly changed. Therefore the story will end the way it started. Another important point to make is the balance of ice and fire. These two themes reveal the ending.

The Targaryen symbol is a big hint itself. No one knows where it came from and what's the story behind the three headed dragon. The reality is that the three headed dragon refers to the three Targaryens who keep saving their House from extinction time and time again. We know of Doom of Valyria that killed all Targs - except Aegon and his 2 sisters who united the warring kingdoms of Westeros and rebuild their House. Now, yet again, the same thing has happened. Doom in this case is Robert's Rebellion and the three Targs who unite the yet again warring kingdoms and rebuild their House are Dany, Jon and their son.

The balance of ice and fire is important aswell. All the dragonlords are dead and the Targaryens are the only ones left with fire magig running in their veins. Their blood affects everything. When Dany gave birth to the dragons, magical elements became stronger throughout the world. However, it needs to be pointed out that ice magic has simultaneously been growing in power. Ice and fire aren't at odd with one another, they are faces of the same coin, feeding one another. And the only family with ice magic in their veins is House Stark. Night King is a Stark. He controls the dead by warging and it's a skill we know only the Stark children have.

The current Night King is not interested in fighting ice and fire. Jon is wrong on this ("You know nothing Jon Snow"). He is only interested in bringing back the magical balance and this is where House Lannister comes in. They are the biggest threat to both Targs and Starks. The Night King will not fly his ice dragon to Winterfell, he will fly it to King's Landing.

Daenerys is very obviously becoming the Night Queen. Everything points at this. All of her dragons and men will die ("Valar Morghulis") and she will be betrayed by Tyrion ("betrayal for love"). So in the end she will be in charge of her own dead men and dragons. This will give her the leverage to install her baby boy at the head of Westeros. But she is not a Stark. She can not warg. So the role of the new Night King falls upon Jon Snow. This is where his Targ/Stark -role is goinh for. He can give Dany a full-blown Targ baby AND he can warg the dead.

So in the end Jon and Dany become the new Night King and Queen and their baby son (The prince that was pomised) rebuilds his House with the help of Sansa (the younger, more beautiful queen), Gendry ("there is power in King's blood") and Jaime who works as his Hand. This way all the great Houses that joined forces to attack House Targaryen in Robert's Rebellion, join forces to rebuild it. Arya kills Cersei since she is the only character who can fulfill the double-gender in the valonqar prophecy AND she spent the first season running around the dungeons of King's Landing. In other words, she knows her way in. The face she will be wearing is Tyrions.

More clues to this outcome are the 7 gods of The Faith. As I've said, the story is in a time loop and the 7 gods are actually referring to the 7 heroes of this story: Dany (mother), Jon (father), Gendry (smith), Jaime (warrior), Melisandre (crone), Sansa (maiden) and the Night King (stranger). Yes, the NK is listed as one of the heroes for a reason. Once the threat for ice and fire is gone the balance is restored again. Until centuries later people have forgotten about their history and try to kill the Targs again. Then Daenerys the Night Queen will return and do what she said she would do at the end of season 1: "I swear to you, those who would harm you will die screaming!" And the people at the time will treat her and Jon as monsters. Just like they are treating the current Night King. Samwell Tarly will write this story down, hoping people will remember what happened. But it will be in vain. As a matter of fact, the story has already been written in some form because Rhaegar Targaryen knew about the three headed dragon after he read about it in Oldtown.

Wow!

I may be behind, but I've never heard anything like this before. I've never thought Dany would end up on the Ice side of the equation, with Jon and their baby.  That has my mind back into a jog- How would Tyrion betray Dany in this vignette? Cersei has the mountain and the golden company attack Winterfell, the Night King and the Wrights attack KL with UnViserion- leaving Team everyone else to do what? 

14 hours ago, A man has no name said:

Wow!

I may be behind, but I've never heard anything like this before. I've never thought Dany would end up on the Ice side of the equation, with Jon and their baby.  That has my mind back into a jog- How would Tyrion betray Dany in this vignette? Cersei has the mountain and the golden company attack Winterfell, the Night King and the Wrights attack KL with UnViserion- leaving Team everyone else to do what? 

All of the main characters have their tag lines they keep repeating in the books.

Jon: "You know nothing Jon Snow"

Dany: "To go forward, I must go back"

Tyrion: "Where do whores go?"

All of these are hinting at the end game. Jon is wrong about the motivations of the Night King and also, he is most likely never gonna find out about his real parents. At this point he is sailing towards Winterfell and The Wall has come down. They will most likely confront the army of the dead before making it to Winterfell where Bran and Samwell know about his parents. Jon has already been resurrected by fire and he will be resurrected by ice and become the new Night King. But before that happens, Dany has lost her men. So there will be a battle with the current Night King at some point. But as leaks from season 8 and Dany's House of the Undying vision (show version) and Bran's vision prove, the Night King will make it to King's Landing and take it down with his dragon.

Dany will become the Night Queen. That is where her tag line refers to. Her story literally started with her marrying a scary barbarian - Khal Drogo. He worked as a plot tool to foreshadow her "marriage" to the Night King. Important notion here is - and one the show understandably changed - that Daenerys wanted to sleep with Khal Drogo in their wedding night. It was a rape on the show but in the books she gets turned on by Khal Drogo and pulls him closer. This is a hint that her conversion happens voluntarily. And that is a nod to the Nissa Nissa story aswell. NN voluntarily sacrificed herself to give birth to Lightbringer. As we now know the original Night King was created with a knife stabbed to his heart. The Nissa Nissa story itself is a hint about the cyclical timeline. Nissa Nissa comes from the words Mhysa Mhysa but as time has passed, the words have changed. That is a reoccurring incident in this story. Things that refer to current phenomena have changed due to the time loop. Lightbringer isn't a sword, it's her baby: The prince that was promised.

Tyrion's story is rather tragic since he becomes the man he hates the most - his father. One point the books make so much clearer is that Tyrion is despised by everyone and this starts to eat him inside. Most importantly, he is despised and betrayed by women. His first love was a whore - or that is what he has been told, his second love Shae betrayed him and slept with his father and Cersei hates her like no other. By book 5, when he has landed in Essos he keeps repeating the words "where do whores go". He is referring to his first love that he has lost. Unlike with Jon and Dany, we know what Tyrion's tag line seemingly refers to. The important part here is where he says it. He keeps uttering these words on his way to meet the most beautiful woman in Essos - Daenerys Targaryen. This ties Tyrion to Dany's three betrayals, the last being a betrayal for love. In other words, Tyrion is going to fall in love with Daenerys and it's gonna end bad since no one loves Tyrion back. That's the tragedy of Tyrion. He dreams of finding love, ruling his House and riding dragons but he will never accomplish any of those. Also, in the first drafts of the story GRRM had a very similar love triangle between Jon, Tyrion and Arya. It seems he kept it by switching Arya with Dany. It is this plot twist the show was hintint at with the weird boat scene where Tyrion looms in the shadows watching Jon enter Dany's cabin.

How is Tyrion going to betray Daenerys? He will take away her power source - Drogon. Dany's three treasons will all happen with poison. Mirri Maz Duur poisoned Khal Drogo (betrayal for blood), someone in Mereen tried to poison her (betrayal for gold) and Tyrion will poison Drogon (betrayal for love). This also ties to Dany's "to go forward, I must go back" by Tyrion taking the role of Mirri Maz Duur and taking away her source of power. Tyrion is the only main character who is interested in the dragons and he is the only one who has talked about how to kill them in the books. The show has also made it very clear that he is not a fan of them in season 7. Tyrion was seen protesting the use of dragons every single time Dany either proposed it or actually did it. In the end he will be the last villain of ice and fire and in that end become just like his father Tywin by inheriting this "balance disturbing" role House Lannister has. When Dany loses Drogon she will have nothing left to protect her son with. This is why she voluntarily converts to ice. This is also talked about in the book version of House of the Undying where she is referred to as the bride of fire and told to drink from both the cup of fire and cup of ice. 

I believe Arya will be the one to kill Tyrion. We have seen in the last season that she will take down anyone who threatens Jon and when Tyrion puts Dany and Jon's baby that she carries in danger, she will hit back. Also, Cersei is sure that Tyrion is the one who kills her. In the end she will be wrong again thinking that she is right. It's Tyrion's face that will look at her but it's actually Arya wearing his face.

Jaime on the other hand will get a nice redemption arc. He is haunted by the fact he's a kingslayer and by becoming the Hand for Dany's and Jon's baby, he gets to redeem himself. He will also rebuild his own House with the woman she loves and respects - Brienne. The same goes with Sansa. Ghost will remain with baby Targ, I believe that is what his name is hinting at. Ghost will be Jon's eyes to watch over his son. Jon always woved never to father a bastard so I think it will be very important for Jon to somehow be part of his son's life. So in the end Sansa too goes a full circle and becomes a queen like she wanted in book/season 1 albeit only temporarily. She will also be the last Stark with a direwolf by her side which symbolises her character growth. Gendry is bit of an oddball and that is due to the author. The story was originally supposed to be a trilogy but as it kept ballooning, Gendry's departure from the storyline kept getting longer aswell. I feel like him ruling Westeros with Sansa is something most people will have an issue with due to his absence. But thematically it makes perfect sense - the 3 Houses that joined forces to destroy House Targ are now joining forces to rebuild it.

7 hours ago, MakeThemBurn said:

All of the main characters have their tag lines they keep repeating in the books.

No. The line she repeats/thinks everytime she has to make a decision is "If I look back I'm lost"

Try again…

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Why the presumption that, if Daenerys and Jon have a child together, this child won't be female?

In any case that long prediction sounds entirely fan-based, not plot-based.

I believe that the child dany is carrying is female too.  I actually think the inheritance laws would change to be like the dornish.  The eldest child, male or female will inherit.  The woman are important  too.

8 hours ago, goldenmaps said:

I believe that the child dany is carrying is female too.  I actually think the inheritance laws would change to be like the dornish.  The eldest child, male or female will inherit.  The woman are important  too.

That's a more modern-type of mindset that doesn't really belong in a patriarchal society like Westeros. 

It makes sense with the Dornish because the Rhoynar were more matriarchal. But it's very hard for a patriarchal society to turn that way after one generation.

You won't see that happen in this series though. Just like you won't see Westeros change into a Republic anytime soon.

17 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

No. The line she repeats/thinks everytime she has to make a decision is "If I look back I'm lost"

Try again…

Actually it's "to go forward, I must go back. But if I look back I'm lost". She won't understand the meaning of it until she accepts her destiny as the Night Queen and lets Jon convert her.

19 hours ago, Zorral said:

Why the presumption that, if Daenerys and Jon have a child together, this child won't be female?

In any case that long prediction sounds entirely fan-based, not plot-based.

The child is The prince that was promised. And I whole-heartedly disagree with the "fan-based" notion. Fan-based ideas revolve around putting Jon on the Iron Throne and Tyrion on the back of a dragon, none of which are backed by the themes and characterizations in the story.

Jon's entire story arc has been about the Night King and his bastardhood. Daenerys has been all about motherhood and raising armies and titles referencing the Night King. (The Dothraki are described very much like wildlings and the Unsullied are practically zombies who are told not to have any fear or pain all the while chanting "valar morghulis"). Her army will make the future army of the dead. Both had relationships with characters that served as plot tools to foreshadow their future relationship. But most importantly the Night King has been mentioned in the books very briefly but the few mentions we have all say that he has a wife. Are you familiar with how Yi Ti explains the Long Night? It's basically talking about Daenerys. According to their story the Night Queen's (maiden made of light) son ruled over mortals but one day he was killed. The NQ was so enraged about this that she and her husband attacked the world and thus started the Long Night. Once Dany is the Night Queen no one will dare to hurt her child or the slaves who she calls her children out of fear of her. This is how she stabilizes her rule.  And it's completely plot driven.

Even Dany's titles refer to the Night King. The Others are said to arrive in a storm (stormborn). The Night King is unaffected by fire (unburnt). Khaleesi = queen. The rest of the titles reference her status as the Mother which tie her to the seven gods of the Faith and the Yi Ti story. Even the show's version of the House of the Undying had her cross the Wall and walk to the north where she met Khal Drogo and her son. Khal Drogo is a plot tool foreshadowing Jon Snow just like Ygritte was a plot tool foreshadowing Daenerys.

1 hour ago, MakeThemBurn said:

• the Unsullied are practically zombies who are told not to have any fear or pain all the while chanting "valar morghulis"). 

• But most importantly the Night King has been mentioned in the books very briefly but the few mentions we have all say that he has a wife.

- Zombies who go to a brothel and pay women just to lie with them and hold them? :rolleyes:

- The Night's King of the book (13rd Lord Commander of the Night Watch) is NOT the Night King of the show, the two characters are completely different.

1 hour ago, MakeThemBurn said:

The child is The prince that was promised. And I whole-heartedly disagree with the "fan-based" notion. Fan-based ideas revolve around putting Jon on the Iron Throne and Tyrion on the back of a dragon, none of which are backed by the themes and characterizations in the story.

Jon's entire story arc has been about the Night King and his bastardhood. Daenerys has been all about motherhood and raising armies and titles referencing the Night King. (The Dothraki are described very much like wildlings and the Unsullied are practically zombies who are told not to have any fear or pain all the while chanting "valar morghulis"). Her army will make the future army of the dead. Both had relationships with characters that served as plot tools to foreshadow their future relationship. But most importantly the Night King has been mentioned in the books very briefly but the few mentions we have all say that he has a wife. Are you familiar with how Yi Ti explains the Long Night? It's basically talking about Daenerys. According to their story the Night Queen's (maiden made of light) son ruled over mortals but one day he was killed. The NQ was so enraged about this that she and her husband attacked the world and thus started the Long Night. Once Dany is the Night Queen no one will dare to hurt her child or the slaves who she calls her children out of fear of her. This is how she stabilizes her rule.  And it's completely plot driven.

Even Dany's titles refer to the Night King. The Others are said to arrive in a storm (stormborn). The Night King is unaffected by fire (unburnt). Khaleesi = queen. The rest of the titles reference her status as the Mother which tie her to the seven gods of the Faith and the Yi Ti story. Even the show's version of the House of the Undying had her cross the Wall and walk to the north where she met Khal Drogo and her son. Khal Drogo is a plot tool foreshadowing Jon Snow just like Ygritte was a plot tool foreshadowing Daenerys.

Good . . . grief.

On 3/18/2018 at 6:06 AM, MakeThemBurn said:

Jon: "You know nothing Jon Snow"

Tyrion: "Where do whores go?"

All of these are hinting at the end game. Jon is wrong about the motivations of the Night King and also, he is most likely never gonna find out about his real parents. At this point he is sailing towards Winterfell and The Wall has come down. They will most likely confront the army of the dead before making it to Winterfell where Bran and Samwell know about his parents. Jon has already been resurrected by fire and he will be resurrected by ice and become the new Night King. But before that happens, Dany has lost her men. So there will be a battle with the current Night King at some point. But as leaks from season 8 and Dany's House of the Undying vision (show version) and Bran's vision prove, the Night King will make it to King's Landing and take it down with his dragon.

Dany will become the Night Queen. That is where her tag line refers to. Her story literally started with her marrying a scary barbarian - Khal Drogo. He worked as a plot tool to foreshadow her "marriage" to the Night King. Important notion here is - and one the show understandably changed - that Daenerys wanted to sleep with Khal Drogo in their wedding night. It was a rape on the show but in the books she gets turned on by Khal Drogo and pulls him closer. This is a hint that her conversion happens voluntarily. And that is a nod to the Nissa Nissa story aswell. NN voluntarily sacrificed herself to give birth to Lightbringer. As we now know the original Night King was created with a knife stabbed to his heart. The Nissa Nissa story itself is a hint about the cyclical timeline. Nissa Nissa comes from the words Mhysa Mhysa but as time has passed, the words have changed. That is a reoccurring incident in this story. Things that refer to current phenomena have changed due to the time loop. Lightbringer isn't a sword, it's her baby: The prince that was promised.

Tyrion's story is rather tragic since he becomes the man he hates the most - his father. One point the books make so much clearer is that Tyrion is despised by everyone and this starts to eat him inside. Most importantly, he is despised and betrayed by women. His first love was a whore - or that is what he has been told, his second love Shae betrayed him and slept with his father and Cersei hates her like no other. By book 5, when he has landed in Essos he keeps repeating the words "where do whores go". He is referring to his first love that he has lost. Unlike with Jon and Dany, we know what Tyrion's tag line seemingly refers to. The important part here is where he says it. He keeps uttering these words on his way to meet the most beautiful woman in Essos - Daenerys Targaryen. This ties Tyrion to Dany's three betrayals, the last being a betrayal for love. In other words, Tyrion is going to fall in love with Daenerys and it's gonna end bad since no one loves Tyrion back. That's the tragedy of Tyrion. He dreams of finding love, ruling his House and riding dragons but he will never accomplish any of those. Also, in the first drafts of the story GRRM had a very similar love triangle between Jon, Tyrion and Arya. It seems he kept it by switching Arya with Dany. It is this plot twist the show was hintint at with the weird boat scene where Tyrion looms in the shadows watching Jon enter Dany's cabin.

How is Tyrion going to betray Daenerys? He will take away her power source - Drogon. Dany's three treasons will all happen with poison. Mirri Maz Duur poisoned Khal Drogo (betrayal for blood), someone in Mereen tried to poison her (betrayal for gold) and Tyrion will poison Drogon (betrayal for love). This also ties to Dany's "to go forward, I must go back" by Tyrion taking the role of Mirri Maz Duur and taking away her source of power. Tyrion is the only main character who is interested in the dragons and he is the only one who has talked about how to kill them in the books. The show has also made it very clear that he is not a fan of them in season 7. Tyrion was seen protesting the use of dragons every single time Dany either proposed it or actually did it. In the end he will be the last villain of ice and fire and in that end become just like his father Tywin by inheriting this "balance disturbing" role House Lannister has. When Dany loses Drogon she will have nothing left to protect her son with. This is why she voluntarily converts to ice. This is also talked about in the book version of House of the Undying where she is referred to as the bride of fire and told to drink from both the cup of fire and cup of ice. 

I believe Arya will be the one to kill Tyrion. We have seen in the last season that she will take down anyone who threatens Jon and when Tyrion puts Dany and Jon's baby that she carries in danger, she will hit back. Also, Cersei is sure that Tyrion is the one who kills her. In the end she will be wrong again thinking that she is right. It's Tyrion's face that will look at her but it's actually Arya wearing his face.

Jaime on the other hand will get a nice redemption arc. He is haunted by the fact he's a kingslayer and by becoming the Hand for Dany's and Jon's baby, he gets to redeem himself. He will also rebuild his own House with the woman she loves and respects - Brienne. The same goes with Sansa. Ghost will remain with baby Targ, I believe that is what his name is hinting at. Ghost will be Jon's eyes to watch over his son. Jon always woved never to father a bastard so I think it will be very important for Jon to somehow be part of his son's life. So in the end Sansa too goes a full circle and becomes a queen like she wanted in book/season 1 albeit only temporarily. She will also be the last Stark with a direwolf by her side which symbolises her character growth. Gendry is bit of an oddball and that is due to the author. The story was originally supposed to be a trilogy but as it kept ballooning, Gendry's departure from the storyline kept getting longer aswell. I feel like him ruling Westeros with Sansa is something most people will have an issue with due to his absence. But thematically it makes perfect sense - the 3 Houses that joined forces to destroy House Targ are now joining forces to rebuild it.

Err.....Ummmm......no

On 3/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, MakeThemBurn said:

snip

You made really good points there. I also think it is possible that Tyrion could betray Dany, but Gendry marrying Sansa out f a sudden doesn't make sense thematically at all in terms of characters' arcs. And Sansa with Ghost....

10 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

You made really good points there. I also think it is possible that Tyrion could betray Dany, but Gendry marrying Sansa out f a sudden doesn't make sense thematically at all in terms of characters' arcs. And Sansa with Ghost....

People just want Sansa to be a queen consort.  I don't see how she can be queen if there is a baby targ.  It would just be a regency.  I find it more powerful that Sansa is a ruler in her own right.  She is the lady of Winterfell and bran, Arya and Jon won't take that away from her.

Archived