Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Han Snow said:

I pray that it is a fake ending they filmed, but my gut is telling me that it is real.

I would say Danny dying is almost guaranteed. Both sources say it. The doubt is who kills her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There isn't a Night Watch anymore. They are all dead but Sam. And there's no need to rebuild one. While it served as a punishment in the beginning its main function was to keep the Wildlings out. And the Wildlings are now all South of the Wall (or dead). And the original function was to Keep the White Walkers out, and they are gone, too. It was not just a prison. For a prison they had the dungeon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, divica said:

Some of the leaks might be true, but that shit of Jon returning to the NW is too stupid. There are no more ww, the wall has a hole and the wildlings are south of the wall. Why would there even be a NW? 

Because creatively it makes sense? :lol:

Seriously now, I agree w/ what @Vaith said in reply, but that of course only works in the books. 

So, if the Ds go there, it will be uber stupid. Because they invented this NK moron, and never even hinted at the possibility of the “threat” of the WWs returning. They shot themselves in the foot when they decided to chuck everything surrounding the WWs in the bin. If someone brings up the possibility of the NK/WWs returning it will be nonsensical and dumb and cheap and silly. In other words, it may very well happen. 

16 minutes ago, divica said:

At most he could decide to travel the world and look for happiness. But it would be character assassination. 

That ship has sailed... it has in fact sailed so long ago that it has been all over Westeros 3 or 4 times by now.

10 minutes ago, Han Snow said:

Jon killing Dany is beyond massive, it is definitive. Even dumb and dumber wouldn't make that up on their own.

What makes you so sure? 

10 minutes ago, Han Snow said:

If such a massive event is to happen in the books it must happen in the show and vice versa. They can change a billon little details on how it happens, but if it truly happens, then it will be i the books.

Again, why do you feel so certain of this? Genuine question, btw, as I really don’t see it.

10 minutes ago, Han Snow said:

D&D confirmed it in a dozen interviews, George confirms it.

Both the Ds and Martin said vague things about plots ending similarly and that there will be differences as well. And they’ve all said stuff like that before series 8 premiered, and at that point Martin hadn’t seen any footage. 

10 minutes ago, Han Snow said:

Nght King dying or even existing in the books is nothing compared to this. This is the main male protagonist killing the main female protagonist. Romeo and Juliet of fantasy. ASOIAF and the whole show WILL BE BOTH DEFINED by this event...

I can’t say what will define ASoIaF, not yet. The show on the other hand will be defined by the missed opportunities, cheap shock twists for the sake of social media reaction, extremely poor writing, exceptionally bad plotting, plot holes the size of the universe, and so much more. 

9 minutes ago, divica said:

In the books it might make sense depending on how the WW are handled. 

In the show it doesn t make sense. 

Exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having read most of what's here on those potential spoilers, (why happened to the idea of Cersei somehow poisoning Dany, a la the long goodbye, thought that was one of the possibilities?), the first thing I have to say is:  I do not want that Bozo Euron having anything to do with killing Rhaegal.  That dunce doesn't deserve to kill a dragon.  Second thing, I don't see how anyone can say whatever happens going forward must be in the books (ie Jon killing Dany, and 20 kinds of quick betrayal for everyone else for D&Ds creative shock sensibilities), after Arya killing the NK, in the manner and for the reasons said in their stupid Inside the Episode stuff.  After Arya and the NK stuff, I believe nothing is ASOIAF cannon until it's actually written by GRRM, and unfortunately, LOL, that's another problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Having read most of what's here on those potential spoilers, (why happened to the idea of Cersei somehow poisoning Dany, a la the long goodbye, thought that was one of the possibilities?), the first thing I have to say is:  I do not want that Bozo Euron having anything to do with killing Rhaegal.  That dunce doesn't deserve to kill a dragon.  Second thing, I don't see how anyone can say whatever happens going forward must be in the books (ie Jon killing Dany, and 20 kinds of quick betrayal for everyone else for D&Ds creative shock sensibilities), after Arya killing the NK, in the manner and for the reasons said in their stupid Inside the Episode stuff.  After Arya and the NK stuff, I believe nothing is ASOIAF cannon until it's actually written by GRRM, and unfortunately, LOL, that's another problem. 

It could be a shitty checklist effect if Euron kills Rhaegal. I believe he might stand a chance at killing Viserion with his eldritch powers in ASOIAF. :P But honestly, I would not want Cheryl or Qyburn to kill them, either. I mean, everyone treats Qyburn's plan for a giant crossbow as the most original idea ever :lol:

Honestly I think the only thing so far that has happened this season that I am relatively sure will in ASOIAF is Brienne being knighted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I can’t say what will define ASoIaF, not yet. The show on the other hand will be defined by the missed opportunities, cheap shock twists for the sake of social media reaction, extremely poor writing, exceptionally bad plotting, plot holes the size of the universe, and so much more. 

I don t think so. I think the show will be remembered by this awful final season. This ep was a huge failure and even without the leaks there have been enough interviews of actors talking about the finale for us to know it will be divise.

Which means it will suck for many people. So basicaly we are talking about a really bad season than was suposed to finish 7 years of stories and be some of the best tv in history… It is just too unbelivable… It will forever mark the series and D&D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vaith said:

It could be a shitty checklist effect if Euron kills Rhaegal. I believe he might stand a chance at killing Viserion with his eldritch powers in ASOIAF. :P But honestly, I would not want Cheryl or Qyburn to kill them, either. I mean, everyone treats Qyburn's plan for a giant crossbow as the most original idea ever :lol:

Honestly I think the only thing so far that has happened this season that I am relatively sure will in ASOIAF is Brienne being knighted. 

How can anyone accept the dragons surviving the NK but dying because of cersei fucking lannister or euron? It will always be regarded as a joke! Just like if more characters die in the next batle than against the dead. It will be another source of joking material.

 

IT will be hard to take this show seriously...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Night King wasn't targeting the Dragons per say, his main target was Bran.  He really had no strategy other then just kill everyone, rez the dead into more undead troops and keep killing.  Blizzards to keep the dragons blind and Ice Spears if they got too close was about it.

Cersi on the other hand I'm assuming is quite worried about the Dragons so she will divert the most resources into killing them.  Dozen or so Scropion/Balista's should drop those dragons in fairly short order i'd guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF, and I say IF Jon kills Dany it's likely because she voices a threat to Sansa or Arya, after she showed her destructive side.

And IF, and I again say IF, Drogon fetches Dany's body, but does not kill Jon, it's probably because he's the last dragon and Jon the last dragonrider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Han Snow said:

I pray that it is a fake ending they filmed, but my gut is telling me that it is real.

The ending where Jon kills Daenerys was leaked by a member of the VFX team as he did the visual special effects for scenes. They don't do visual special effects for fake scenes.

Edited by longest night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

IF, and I say IF Jon kills Dany it's likely because she voices a threat to Sansa or Arya, after she showed her destructive side.

And IF, and I again say IF, Drogon fetches Dany's body, but does not kill Jon, it's probably because he's the last dragon and Jon the last dragonrider.

And IF, and I say IF danny seriously tells jon that she might kill sansa or arya then some faceless has killed danny and taken her place. It sounds comletly psycho to tell their brother/cousin that she is going to kill them… Does she think jon would accept it?

I mean, in a normal world she can simply exile them or take their holdings… Why kill them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, divica said:

Does she think jon would accept it?

He didn't seem too bothered when Dany threatened Sansa to his face in episode 1 of this Season. In fact his total non-reaction to it was rather baffling. But then he spend most of the episode dissing Sansa so he clearly doesn't care for her. A threat on Arya's life however, that might be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The one 'leak' with Euron killing Rhaegal, Jaime betraying, Jon taking the Black, etc is wrong, probably fake. The more trustworthy leak says Rhaegal is killed by the Golden Company. There are a lot of fleaks popping up with legitimate leaks mixed in to give credibility.

Edited by longest night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mystical said:

He didn't seem too bothered when Dany threatened Sansa to his face in episode 1 of this Season. In fact his total non-reaction to it was rather baffling. But then he spend most of the episode dissing Sansa so he clearly doesn't care for her. A threat on Arya's life however, that might be different.

Danny was bitching about sansa to jon… It isn t exactly "make her behave or she will feed my dragons" threat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, divica said:

Danny was bitching about sansa to jon… It isn t exactly "make her behave or she will feed my dragons" threat...

I'm sorry but...what?

"She doesn't need to be my friend. But I am her queen. If she can't respect me..." That's where they leave it off. The implication is clear as day, especially since she narrowed her eyes at the end. The threat is more than clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, divica said:

And IF, and I say IF danny seriously tells jon that she might kill sansa or arya then some faceless has killed danny and taken her place. It sounds comletly psycho to tell their brother/cousin that she is going to kill them… Does she think jon would accept it?

I mean, in a normal world she can simply exile them or take their holdings… Why kill them?

She already gave veiled threats about Sansa in epi 1, just because of Sansa's cold reception and asking questions about food. Jon's secret is bound to come to Sansa's ears, some way or another. And Sansa is sure to try and persuade people to back Jon as claimant over Dany. (which isn't treason since he has a better claim). Jon's someone who'll try to preserve some piece: he doesn't want the throne and feels honor bound to Dany. He might say the first to Dany, and the last to Sansa.

Dany snaps emotionally during epi 5 and goes into wrath mode on her WMD over Missandei and the loss of yet another child of hers, Tyrion is already a traitor in her eyes and in a personal confrontation she ends up threatening Sansa. Or if Arya is present, she threatens Arya, or Jon fears Arya may kill Dany for threatening Sansa. After seeing the carnage, seeing her acting out in the worst way when upset, Jon takes it very serious and kills her. Typical shakespearean tragedy.

Why would Dany suddenly take WF away or imprison Sansa or Arya, when she just sacked a city and burned a keep, and did not want to put the Tarlys in chains because she's done with chains. It's not psycho to threaten people when angry, but she certainly isn't in a rational state either. The problem is that she actually does go through with such things and rides a WMD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Mystical said:

He didn't seem too bothered when Dany threatened Sansa to his face in episode 1 of this Season. In fact his total non-reaction to it was rather baffling. But then he spend most of the episode dissing Sansa so he clearly doesn't care for her. A threat on Arya's life however, that might be different.

Jon's in love at that moment, and he doesn't know about Dany burning people with Drogon. Cognitive Dissonance response by him that is actually quite natural. It's even natural to regard Sansa as the threat and problem here, instead of Dany. It doesn't mean he doesn't care for Sansa. It just means he dismisses Dany's threat is anything more than just "bad temper". This is actually quite book-Jon: he overhears the conspiritors talk at the Fist, but rationalises it and does not take the threat serious. On top of that, he's not even around and it never gets to be executed as the Fist is attacked. Later as LC, he knows once more that many are upset over him letting the wildings through but underestimates how far they are willing to go for their short-minded bigotry. But after seeing her burn down the red keep and set her Unsullied to sack the city, he can't dismiss any of her threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, longest night said:

The one 'leak' with Euron killing Rhaegal, Jaime betraying, Jon taking the Black, etc is wrong, probably fake. The more trustworthy leak says Rhaegal is killed by the Golden Company. There are a lot of fleaks popping up with legitimate leaks mixed in to give credibility.

I agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Jon's in love at that moment, and he doesn't know about Dany burning people with Drogon.

Didn’t Sam tell him about his father and brother? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is Jon actually in love though? Could we be facing a repeat of Jon pretending to be on the wildlings’ side? Dany jokingly told Sansa it is Jon who has manipulated her.

« Love is the death of duty. »

Edited by NonoNono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×