Jump to content
AEJON TARGARYEN

Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

Recommended Posts

Another spoiler (not sure if it has been posted):

Quote

Gendry becomes Lord of Storm's End.  He proposes to Arya, but she rejects his proposal.  Arya leaves to go to King's Landing with the Hound.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Another spoiler (not sure if it has been posted):

 

So random lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

There are about a dozen E5-6 plot leaks on Freefolk.  They seem to be getting mashed together by Freefolkers as if they are one source, but several of them are actually contradictory.  Personally, I'm ignoring any leak that happened in the last 2 weeks, and just sticking with the ones that came out in 2018.  The recent ones are just riffing off the older ones imo.    

The older ones that claim E5-6 content would pretty much just be afraidpart on reddit, and Frikidoctor (only his trial leak) as far as I know.  afraidpart didn't say anything about Jon joining the NW for what it's worth.  

They will have to have an epilogue, probably the last 15-20  minutes of Ep 6 where they show or allude to a better future to account for the last book title. Also, IIRC, there were leaked set pictures of a dock in Croatia (which makes me think it’s KL) where they had put up red canopies and banners and all. It seemed like someone important was receiving someone. Red banners could only mean either Lannisters or Targs. And since I haven’t seen this scene as yet and it doesn’t appear like Cersei will be receiving anyone, I’m inclined to think it is a Targ king/queen. If Dany dies, then it has to be Jon. Well, whatever they come up with, it will have to show some kind of hope for humanity. And either Dany or Jon will have to end up ruling or what was GRRM’s learning to rule arc for these characters all about. 

One of the leakers said the Council will vote for Bran to become King. Yeah, that’s what Westeros needs... a king who’s not all there, someone who says I’m not the King, I’m the 3EC to everyone he meets. Then another said Sansa will backstab Tyrion in the end and take it all for herself, yeah clever Sansa fooled them all... what a joke. Friki’s leak on the Tyrion trial said Davos was the head of the tribunal sitting in judgement of Tyrion. Well, too many to keep track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aparently euron attacks danny and kidnaps missy when they are travelling to dragonstone.

Then danny goes to KL? to negotiate and cersei kills missy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, teej6 said:

Friki’s leak on the Tyrion trial said Davos was the head of the tribunal sitting in judgement of Tyrion. Well, too many to keep track.

this makes sense if davos is acting as jon's hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, divica said:

this makes sense if davos is acting as jon's hand.

Yeah, that’s what I thought as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, divica said:

aparently euron attacks danny and kidnaps missy when they are travelling to dragonstone.

Then danny goes to KL? to negotiate and cersei kills missy...

I can't for the life of me understand why she's going back to Dragonstone to attack King's Landing when she knows Euron has a larger fleet than hers and all her troops are already on the mainland. Is she in that much of a rush to win? What about getting some more troops from Essos, since that's what Cersei did? Are there no more people left there? What about the followers of Rh'llor? They should be loving her right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I get this right.

In these last eps jon loses ghost, rhaegal and danny?

He has a cold sister that he never knows what she is plotting, a psyco sister and a brother that is the 3er...

Like who the hell hates jon this much? What is the point of his entire story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, divica said:

but then we have ep 5 starting after rhaegal and missy die? Like we will start kind of mid battle and it is supposed to last another 80 min…

Sapochnik did say Ep3-Ep5 are like one movie. So that makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NonoNono said:

Still makes no sense to me. Why would he get a little stroll through ruins with dead bodies everywhere if he has been in a cell for months? It never said he had his hands cuffed or anything like that.

It sounds like instead Tyrion has been in jail while that stuff happened, and he has been freed now that Cersei is dead and is being shown what Cersei and/or Dany did.

 

The long beard and unkept appearance is at the dragonpit, not during the stroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So seems to me D&D have heavily modified a few core truths from the books for Show purposes. The idea that there must always be a Night’s King is probably a corruption of George’s idea of the balance between Ice and Fire. So the Others must always exist to counter the growth of Fire in the world (be it Dragons or the Faith of R’hlorr. 

But George has no Night’s King character leading them. However,  in Tyrion’s cyvasse game in Dance his “alabaster dragon” gets eliminated by an enemy catapult, which probably foreshadows Viserion’s death by ballista. So i think the Show has bastardized Viserion and Rhaegal’s deaths in order to give the fictitious Night’s King a visually appealing undead dragon.

In the books, the Others won’t get a dragon, instead the Horn of Joramun will bring down the Wall. And Viserion will die by enemy ballista, with Rhaegal due for another fate - probably to be ensorcelled by Euron’s Dragonhorn.

Edited by Free Northman Reborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nic. said:

1000th LC of the night watch. Just him and Sam manning a block of ice with a hole in it. Lol

Sure you never truly believed that the numbering of the Lords Commander was really going to peter out just shy of an even thousand, did you? There would have been no reason to peg Jeor Mormont at the 997ᵗʰ if this weren’t intended to be an omen with a guaranteed payoff.

When Jon was elected the 998ᵗʰ Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch with Mormont’s raven croaking about corn kings in the background, you couldn’t help but imagine some sort of Arthurian “rex quondam rexque futurus” effect bringing Jon back from the dead for the Lord Commander’s millennial mantle, the thousandth of his name.

One man in a thousand, Solomon says,
Will stick more close than a brother.
But the Thousandth Man will stay by your side
To the gallows’ foot, and after.

Edited by CrypticWeirwood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

So seems to me D&D have heavily modified a few core truths from the books for Show purposes. The idea that there must always be a Night’s King is probably a corruption of George’s idea of the balance between Ice and Fire. So the Others must always exist to counter the growth of Fire in the world (be it Dragons or the Faith of R’hlorr. 

But George has no Night’s King character leading them. However,  in Tyrion’s cyvasse game in Dance his “alabaster dragon” gets eliminated by an enemy catapult, which probably foreshadows Viserion’s death by ballista. So i think the Show has bastardized Viserion and Rhaegal’s deaths in order to give the fictitious Night’s King a visually appealing undead dragon.

In the books, the Others won’t get a dragon, instead the Horn of Joramun will bring down the Wall. And Viserion will die by enemy ballista, with Rhaegal due for another fate - probably to be ensorcelled by Euron’s Dragonhorn.

I think the leaker who made that claim about the NK today is actually bogus.  They claimed the GC launch a surprise attack on WF and Missandei gets captured, but the facebook group that leaked the vids say Missandei is actually sent as an envoy.  And I doubt we would get 2 sneak attacks in 1 episode (Euron at Dragonstone and GC at WF).

So...probably bogus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Sure you never truly believed that the numbering of the Lords Commander was really going to peter out just shy of an even thousand, did you? There would have been no reason to peg Jeor Mormont at the 997ᵗʰ if this weren’t intended to be an omen with a guaranteed payoff.

When Jon was elected the 998ᵗʰ Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch with Mormont’s raven croaking about corn kings in the background, you couldn’t help but imagine some sort of Arthurian “rex quondam rex futurus” effect bringing Jon back from the dead for the Lord Commander’s millennial mantle, the thousandth of his name.

One man in a thousand, Solomon says,
Will stick more close than a brother.
But the Thousandth Man will stay by your side
To the gallows’ foot, and after.

I agree. However I think the Show will once again heavily condense the timeline. In the books I see Jon first ruling for a few decades, before taking the Black in his old age to see out his duty on the Wall once more.

Edited by Free Northman Reborn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I am so UPSET!   I don’t blame Daenerys if she goes RAVING MAD!    BURN THEM ALL!

After the written histories of the Great War eventually crumble into dust and all that remains is the stuff of legends, whatever legitimate difference might once have existed between an account of the doomed Dragon Queen getting mad” and one of her going mad” will have been long ago forgotten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I think the leaker who made that claim about the NK today is actually bogus.  They claimed the GC launch a surprise attack on WF and Missandei gets captured, but the facebook group that leaked the vids say Missandei is actually sent as an envoy.  And I doubt we would get 2 sneak attacks in 1 episode (Euron at Dragonstone and GC at WF).

So...probably bogus.  

Gods be good.  Not even the show can be stupid enough to send Missy into Cersei's hands, can they?  Send her as an envoy?  Are you fucking kidding me?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Gods be good.  Not even the show can be stupid enough to send Missy into Cersei's hands, can they?  Send her as an envoy?  Are you fucking kidding me?  

There is a post on freefolk that is apparently a written summary of the episode from the facebook group (I don't know why they aren't just uploading it).  Their English is extremely broken (I mean it's really, really bad), but from what it sounds like, yeah...Dany tries to negotiate even after Rhaegal is killed.  Cersei is deliberately trying to bait her into snapping.  There is definitely some kind of wild fire trap going on imo.  

Edited by Ser Wun Wun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daenerys sends one her most loyal friends right into Cersei's hands to negotiate? LMAO, and people complained about show Jon being dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Xemi said:

Daenerys sends one her most loyal friends right into Cersei's hands to negotiate? LMAO, and people complained about show Jon being dumb.

They are both awful and no one should follow them.  Jon Snow hasn't had a smart idea in years or won a battle, and with Missy dead, every one of her allies and subjects have ended up dead.  She has Grey Worm and Drogon and I expect Drogon goes down in the end as well.  So, follow Jon and lose, follow Dany and die.  Nice story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Daenerys sends one her most loyal friends right into Cersei's hands to negotiate? LMAO, and people complained about show Jon being dumb.

Probably another one of Tyrion’s brilliant ideas. The stuff D&D does to make Cersei relevant is unbelievable, all to keep Lena Headey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×