Season 8: News, Spoilers And Leaks

AEJON TARGARYEN

4 minutes ago, Nic. said:

I wouldnt say that. Theres been clues of her possible madness over and over again in both the shows and the books. She is in no way a good person. 

Whether is is crucifying 163 former slave owners, killing a noble by dragon fire to make a point, killing Sam's brother, her obsession with the throne, on and on.  Her paranoia in the books. Just because shes a strong female protagonist doesnt make her a hero.

Not really.  She is portrayed a having a good heart, but with a ruthless sense of justice.  There is no clues I recall from the books at all of her possible madness, and none in the show either.  She's the same slightly over emotional, bend the knee, fire and blood person she  has been since she got the dragons.  Having her, again if it is true, lose it all in the space of 2 episodes so much that she has to be killed by her lover is laughably bad. 

Just now, Nic. said:

She isnt an heroic figure though. She hasnt been portrayed as such since she freed the slaves.  Its just been fire and blood ever since.

She has been fighting cersei that is a villain and just went north to fight the dead. And she treats her followers well. Besides she is in a relation with jon.

She doesn t look like someone that jon will need to kill. We will need to see serious character assassination from several characters in the next 2 eps.

4 minutes ago, divica said:

But the problem is the sudden transformation. In 2 eps she will transform from an heroic figure trying to do good to someone jon will need to kill despite loving her at the moment.

This is something completly out of the blue and insane!

We have more then 4 hours to explore her path to madnes. A movie makes that in less then 2 hours. There is enough time to show that path. You don't need 10 episodes for character developement. Otherwise every story would have to be a TV series with 10 seasons. You would never have movies, by that logic. It just depends how they tell the story.

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Not really.  She is portrayed a having a good heart, but with a ruthless sense of justice.  There is no clues I recall from the books at all of her possible madness, and none in the show either.  She's the same slightly over emotional, bend the knee, fire and blood person she  has been since she got the dragons.  Having her, again if it is true, lose it all in the space of 2 episodes so much that she has to be killed by her lover is laughably bad. 

And a lot of time in these 2 eps will be them at war, mourning the dead or discussing battle plans. 

1 minute ago, T and A said:

We have more then 4 hours to explore her path to madnes. A movie makes that in less then 2 hours. There is enough time to show that path. You don't need 10 episodes for character developement. Otherwise every story would have to be a TV series with 10 seasons. You would never have movies, by that logic. It just depends how they tell the story.

In a movie we don t have 80 hours of one type of behaviour. It is easier to show change in characters...

But we will see in a while how things start to go downhill.

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Exactly

59 minutes ago, Nami said:

Holy crap, Jon totally abandoned Ghost. WTF.

This way at least Ghost stays alive. That still doesn’t look like him leaving Tormund rather it looks like him watching Jon leave, I think.

4 minutes ago, T and A said:

We do?  Cause it looks like we have a lot of other stuff to do, and I can't remember the last time they even had a scene of any type of character building or revealing dialogue.  The closest was Brienne getting knighted but that is a culmination of the existing story, nothing new is learned about anyone there.  People pop in, stare and someone, the camera pans, they exchange some stilted dialogue, stare again, the camera pans, and that's it.  Characters in the show talk at each other not to each other or make random quotable statements that don't make sense.

I said this several times but the only logical reason for jon to kill danny is if people on general refuse to accept her as queen and she wants to burn her enemies (that are almost everybody in westeros) until people start bending the knee.

But in the show this doesn t make sense. If people accept cersei there is no reason for them to not accept danny.

8 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She doesn't have to be mad to carry out an atrocity.  If Cersei were to have Missandei beheaded on the City walls, followed by a brutal struggle for the City,    there would be nothing extraordinary about Dany ordering a sack.

57 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

at reddit they're saying it might be from a german amazon leak...people who bought the whole season, may not always see the link for the latest episode before official air time, but if they just play the last epi (epi 3), it will automatically start epi 4 at the end.

Thanks I'm still trying to keep up around here, keep up with Real Life and be ready to watch this mess and be done with it.  It's hard to keep up with the info, much less the posts. 

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

She doesn't have to be mad to carry out an atrocity.  If Cersei were to have Missandei beheaded on the City walls, followed by a brutal struggle for the City,    there would be nothing extraordinary about Dany ordering a sack.

Almost everyone in the show has carried out some form of atrocity, why would Jon kill her for sacking the city?  Are they both insane now?  I mean, I know they are both pretty dumb in the show, but that seems extreme for the woman who sacrificed almost all of her people and dragons when none of them were really needed.  Of course this leak is so bat shit it may be fake.  We'll see, thank god only 2 more weeks of this madness.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

Ok. she orders a sack and kills a lot of innocents.

Given that she just lost rhaegal and missandei do you think jon would kill her? Or that he would argue with her and tell her that the smallfilk were inocent. That she should be better. And try to make her do something good for the people of KL?

Ordering a sack doesn t make her a monster for the rest of her life!

44 minutes ago, NickBD said:

I would agree look at Lost. Many didn't like how that went JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof still got high profile jobs.

LOL  JJ Abrams didn't really even get the blame for Lost because he left it to Lindelof and what was his name Carlton Cuse, or something like that.  Wow, I used to know that, too.  But really, Abrams kinda ran on them seasons before the end, didn't he? 

Something similar to what some of the leaks say re Dany would certainly jive w/ some of the interviews Emilia Clarke gave after filming the end. The ones where she said she was dazed after reading the scripts and walked around in the rain for hours. 

Just now, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  JJ Abrams didn't really even get the blame for Lost because he left it to Lindelof and what was his name Carlton Cuse, or something like that.  Wow, I used to know that, too.  But really, Abrams kinda ran on them seasons before the end, didn't he? 

No idea. But it explains why jj is the only one I know… 

But the main subject remains. Nobody ever acused them of not knowing how to write a series while they were working in LOST.

While D&D have this problem since season 5 when they started to have a bigger role in creative writing for GOT. I can understand people wanting D&D to adapt written material for tv. But having them write scripts!? It is insane!

21 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I agree completely. As I remember correctly from AFFC, if anyone hints at going slowly insane, or has a tendency for madness, it's Cersei.

Oh, forgive me. I'm still relying on the books to make sense of these characters.

25 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Not really.  She is portrayed a having a good heart, but with a ruthless sense of justice.  There is no clues I recall from the books at all of her possible madness, and none in the show either.  

Aerys was a good king till he wasn’t and then went completely mad king. Not saying Dany will too, but in her last ADWD chapter it seems like she’s forsaken peace and compromise and chosen the path of fire and blood. The dragon plants no trees line is sort of foreboding. At Essos, Dany burning her enemies is somewhat palatable (not really, everyone over the age of 12 wearing a Tokar being burned is unjust and downright cruel) but I strongly suspect that when she comes to Westeros and burns people who are actually sympathetic, she will be seen more than just being ruthless.

Just now, teej6 said:

Aerys was a good king till he wasn’t and then went completely mad king. Not saying Dany will too, but in her last ADWD chapter it seems like she’s forsaken peace and compromise and chosen the path of fire and blood. The dragon plants no trees line is sort of foreboding. At Essos, Dany burning her enemies is somewhat palatable (not really, everyone over the age of 12 wearing a Tokar being burned is unjust and downright cruel) but I strongly suspect than when she comes to Westeros and burns people who are actually sympathetic, she will be seen more than just being ruthless.

Aerys suffered dukensdale (or whatever it is called). There is when he becomes mad because he was tortured. And it was a progressive thing…

People don t become bad or monstrous in an instant or with a decision taken in the midle of war. It is a transition that takes time.

15 minutes ago, divica said:

I said this several times but the only logical reason for jon to kill danny is if people on general refuse to accept her as queen and she wants to burn her enemies (that are almost everybody in westeros) until people start bending the knee.

But in the show this doesn t make sense. If people accept cersei there is no reason for them to not accept danny.

After Euron and Cersei, who is there for Dany to want to burn, really?  They have totally depopulated the noble realms really, season after season. 

Archived